USA Presidential Election 2016: A Hard Day's Right

• Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Aw man I like that song.

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Master of the House seems the more appropriate song for him, I think.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Zonugal wrote: »
    The 2016 Presidential Debates

campaign-2016_758_426_81_s_c1.jpg

"I haven’t been in many [drinking contests], but the most famous one, I suppose is the one I engaged in with Sen. John McCain when he and I were on a congressional delegation and he kind of challenged me. We have our political differences, but we sat there drinking vodka. We both I think agreed to withdraw in honorable fashion I think after having reached the limits that either of us should have had." -- Hillary Clinton

Jeez... Just... Jesus Fucking Christ, this election has been a cluster-fuck of insanity. Imagine a sharknado but the sharks are insane people. The press at large have failed in their duties, the nation is split like no other time in our contemporary history and doesn't it all just want to make you DRINK?

Well buckle up and fill your cup because starting Monday September 26th, we get our first official match-up between the GOP's Donald John Trump and the Democrat's Hillary Rodham Clinton. Following that the debate schedule looks like Tuesday October 4th ( between their vice presidential running-mates), Sunday October 9th and their final battle on Wednesday October 19, 2016. Some of you may be questioning the entertainment value of a presidential debate and, oh boy... Its like a real life oratory-version of all those Dragon Ball Z fights you grew up watching. You're going to watch a battle of rhetoric between two people who despise each other publicly but are likely sort-of-okay with each other privately. It's going to be YUGE!!!.

The Rules
    312a58e0-4374-0133-5ba8-0aecee5a8273.gif?

#1. Take a drink if Trump insults/attacks his opponent, a group of people and/or the moderators.

#2. Take a drink for every reference to Clinton's email scandal, Benghazi, Trump University, or the Clinton Foundation.

#3. Take a shot if Trump brings up Bill Clinton's sex scandal from the 1990's or if Hillary outright calls Donald Trump a fascist/demagogue.

The Drinks
    H022_Hillary001%20.jpg

#1. The Trump: For the New York real-estate mogul you're only going to drink the best. The best. I mean, really the best stuff. They tell me folks everywhere love it. Love it. They love it. You'll be serving yourself up a Hairy Navel because it's orange, features "hair" in its title and if you could track it down, can be made with Trump Vodka (I wish I could...). 3/4 oz. vodka, 3/4 oz. peach schnapps and orange juice.

#2. The Chillary: For the former New York senator and secretary of state we've heard she is a fan of ice cold vodka martinis. I won't list out the recipe because its just your bog-standard vodka martini (she prefers it shaken, like Bond) but do make sure it is cold enough to freeze any doubts you may have in yourself.

The Food
    Trump-steaks.jpg

There are so many options... Just... Holy shit, where do we start? Obviously you could buy some really cheap/low-grade steaks and just pretend that they are the best. Just the best, the best. Taco bowls are an obvious pick as is KFC, just make sure they are mass produced. And for the blue-side, Hillary is a big fan of spicy food so I'm going to recommend a cheese burger with: pepper jack, jalapenos, hot sauce, ect.. Hillary likes her drinks cold and her food hot, she's like the Song of Fire & Ice made corporeal.

@Zonugal Would you mind putting this on Facebook? I'm heading out of town this weekend, and I want to be able to tell my hosts what to go shopping for before I get there.

EDIT: I also don't want to get blamed for this want to give credit where credit is due

chromdom on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    @chromdom, I'll message you it.

I'm going to wait till we're closer to the debate to post in on the ol' facebook.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    Isn't it on Sunday? It's like 2 days away? Or am I crazy?

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »

Monday the 16th of September.

Ten days away.

Oh.
    Well don't I feel foolish.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    chromdom wrote: »

Monday the 16th of September.

Ten days away.

Ha ha, today's the 16th. I think you mean the 26th.

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
    AWW DAMMIT!

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    If Truno arranged some sort of last minute debate with Gary Johnston I wouldn't be surprised.

Puzzled sure. Not surprised.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Oh shit....

Also this is where I find out Any Richter the person is not as jolly as his Conan character.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Trump has in the past suggested to his supporters that maybe they ought to shoot Hillary

This comment feels almost tame in comparison

• DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Aw man I like that song.

Countdown till someone from the production tells him to eff off.
    Maybe Schonberg?

Hillary just walks up to him and hands him a knife, wrenching open her tasteful Armani suit jacket and commanding him to stab it into her heart and he starts crying and then she just kinda gently pushes him over and declares that he HAS NO HONOR.

Last page this felt like a silly over the top reaction, but now it almost seems reasonable considering that he keeps suggesting that people will or would kill her without protection.

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Even if there wasn't a threat implied in that statement, Donald, those men with guns surrounding her are Secret Service. They have had some intensive training and probably some of the most extensive background checks on the planet, you dumb fuck.

• DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator Mod Emeritus
    There should be someone standing next to Trump with an air horn that gets blasted in his ear every time he lies in the debates .

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    His whole campaign is based on repeating lies so many times that people start to go "Well, I heard it somewhere so it must be true."

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Some think I'm the greatest debater of all time. The rest know it. They call me... the Airhornsman.

PNk1Ml4.png
    Trump said that "Clinton lives behind gates and walls and guards" and that working-class families "just want a fraction of the security enjoyed by our politicians and certainly enjoyed by her."

This idea that Trump is just "regular folk" is one of the most absurd things about his campaign.

Like, top 50 maybe.

It reminds me of Tracy Jordan's stand-up on 30 Rock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1wvnwv93Pg

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Even if there wasn't a threat implied in that statement, Donald, those men with guns surrounding her are Secret Service. They have had some intensive training and probably some of the most extensive background checks on the planet, you dumb fuck.

There's a persistent myth among hardcore conservatives that instead of just wanting to implement stronger background checks and make it harder for unstable and criminal people to get them, Clinton wants to completely ban all guns.

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    DMAC wrote: »
    Trump said that "Clinton lives behind gates and walls and guards" and that working-class families "just want a fraction of the security enjoyed by our politicians and certainly enjoyed by her."

This idea that Trump is just "regular folk" is one of the most absurd things about his campaign.

Like, top 50 maybe.

The dog whistling is what gets me on that one. Security from what, precisely?

tynic wrote: »

Like, top 50 maybe.

Maniacs with guns.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Coincidentally I feel like if you are the sort that lives in fear of the government marching in and taking your guns away

Maybe you are not the sort of person who ought to have guns

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    That argument got brought up all the time with Obama too. Totally unoriginal.

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    All this gun talk makes me want to strap mine to my hip while I drink beer and grill in the driveway in my crocs listening to William Clark Green radio on Pandora

You know, for the true Americana experience

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I saw a guy walk out of a bathroom stall and accidentally smack his concealed carry gun against his massive gut and then the sink as he was trying to straighten his shirt and check his fly today.

Don't worry America. Your safety in public places is guarded under the watchful vigil of a guy who almost shot his own dick off trying to adjust his pants.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • MuddypawsMuddypaws Lactodorum, UKRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

Like, top 50 maybe.

Maniacs with guns.

Aka Patriots.

Shadowen wrote: »

He knows, because they're protecting him as well. The Dem and Repub candidates both get protection.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I feel sorry for those secret service and the people briefing him on stuff.
    As I know it's your job but it must suck to be assignened to him

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    That argument got brought up all the time with Obama too. Totally unoriginal.

It gets brought up with literally anyone who is famous but speaks out against guns. It got brought up against Rosie O'Donnel because she pays bodyguards who are armed so her kids are safe.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Apparently having their time wasted earlier today got CNN so angry they remembered how to do their jobs.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Yeah I did notice the media being tougher on Trump than they have been in awhile today.

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Cnn has some bite when they arnt guessing if the crashed airplane was sucked up by a blackhole

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Cnn has some bite when they arnt guessing if the crashed airplane was sucked up by a blackhole

theyre just asking the tough and insane questions

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    cnn is tim burton batman saying "you want to get crazy alright let's get crazy"

liEt3nH.png
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I saw a guy walk out of a bathroom stall and accidentally smack his concealed carry gun against his massive gut and then the sink as he was trying to straighten his shirt and check his fly today.

Don't worry America. Your safety in public places is guarded under the watchful vigil of a guy who almost shot his own dick off trying to adjust his pants.

just like the Founding Fathers intended

(assuming he was white and owns land)

This discussion has been closed.