As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tokyo Game Show 2016 starring The Last Guardian

1789101113»

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    yeah, hearing about the delay, i wasn't disappointed. i just thought, "They can't hurt me anymore." i had already let go of any expectations in that regard, i am just hoping for a good experience if and when it appears. but i am well-versed in judging a thing for its own merits while recognizing context.

as Maddoc said, a big part of the appeal is the niche these games occupy, so a comparison to more recent productions on a technical basis is kinda moot. i think the most apt one for zeitgeist would be Journey, and, though similar, it doesn't have the kind of scale or narrative that team Ico trades in. i think it will fail for me if it doesn't manage to invoke a sense of wonder and an urge to explore. the aesthetics are iconic, but also kinda soft-lens, worn-looking and dreamy, and even with the delays and switch-ups, there is a certain amount of jank assumed and forgiven for the experiences we had with Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. they were great games, not perfect ones. i will be pleased if this one is much the same.

but i also recognize that this is not a profit-driven viewpoint, and hope that the time investment pays off for them.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    dBqTMK6.jpg
    yoko taro looking good

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I'm always flattered by Cosplay

3basnids3lf9.jpg