Options

[TV]BINGPOT!

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Billy Bob Thornton: Actor, Musician....Brony?
    “This was amazing because the Mane Six ponies, who are the stars of the show, they go out there because Celestia, who runs Equestria, she will tell Twilight Sparkle she needs to go somewhere, but she doesn’t tell her why. So anyway, suddenly they get captured by them and told that they have to remove their cutie marks and get equal signs. But they said, you know what? No. So Fluttershy, who is my favorite because she kind of talks like Marilyn Monroe, says, ‘Oh, yes.’” (He says this like Marilyn Monroe.) “Fluttershy acts like she wants to become a member, you know? And so they give her the cutie-mark equal-sign stamp and everything. And then she notices something, like it rains, and it washes off Starlight Glimmer’s equal sign, and she’s got her own cutie mark. So she’s like a Jim Jones cult, you know, right?”

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    The last thing I saw him in was Fargo, so now I have that association in my head.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    The last thing I saw him in was Fargo, so now I have that association in my head.

I'd be worried that he was playing an elaborate con to kill someone really. I mean he was a dentist for six months.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Billy Bob Thornton: Actor, Musician....Brony?
    “This was amazing because the Mane Six ponies, who are the stars of the show, they go out there because Celestia, who runs Equestria, she will tell Twilight Sparkle she needs to go somewhere, but she doesn’t tell her why. So anyway, suddenly they get captured by them and told that they have to remove their cutie marks and get equal signs. But they said, you know what? No. So Fluttershy, who is my favorite because she kind of talks like Marilyn Monroe, says, ‘Oh, yes.’” (He says this like Marilyn Monroe.) “Fluttershy acts like she wants to become a member, you know? And so they give her the cutie-mark equal-sign stamp and everything. And then she notices something, like it rains, and it washes off Starlight Glimmer’s equal sign, and she’s got her own cutie mark. So she’s like a Jim Jones cult, you know, right?”

this makes me happier than it should

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I shore do like them elements of harmony, ayup

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Just finished Stranger Things, liked it a lot.
    Thought Barb would actually be, you know, a character what with all the internet dumbness that surrounded her. But I guess just being in a show for an episode and a half and having lines of dialogue is enough to form a cult around these days.

Sheriff was easily the coolest character. Winona Ryder needed more to do than just be perpetually fraught. Kid actors were pretty good. Young Emmy Rossum (Nancy) had a good arc. I even liked Steve (the guy who played him nailed "teenage douchebag"). Interested in a second season, though I agree that I would like it to be an anthology series rather than follow the same people.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    I loved Stranger Things, but I totally get why people were so annoyed by the internet hype machine that it turned them off of it even before they watched it. The same thing happened to me with Bojack Horseman, though I still ended up slogging through the first few episodes of that to get to where I actually did like it, and I really enjoy it.

But the love the internet has for any show that is about depressed people (You're the Worst, Rick and Morty, etc.) annoys me to the point where I'm not sure if the reason I don't like those shows (tried watching both) is that I just don't enjoy them, or if people constantly circle jerking online about how great they are just made me not able to see them fairly.

So I definitely get how Stranger Things had that for a lot of people. The internet is an annoying place where everything is either circle jerked over how perfect it is or treated like it's complete trash.

I feel pretty much the same way. The first season of You're the Worst was pretty fuckin funny too so it's a shame it crawled up its own butt the way it has

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Wait

there is a Minion

This isnt the good place

This is the BAD place

The good place has a plush minion to ensure that no-one is tempted to evil, being always able to see its terrifying results.

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Just finished Stranger Things, liked it a lot.
    Thought Barb would actually be, you know, a character what with all the internet dumbness that surrounded her. But I guess just being in a show for an episode and a half and having lines of dialogue is enough to form a cult around these days.

Sheriff was easily the coolest character. Winona Ryder needed more to do than just be perpetually fraught. Kid actors were pretty good. Young Emmy Rossum (Nancy) had a good arc. I even liked Steve (the guy who played him nailed "teenage douchebag"). Interested in a second season, though I agree that I would like it to be an anthology series rather than follow the same people.

Speaking of Steve:

https://youtu.be/fUd8yZlZxII

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    New Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
    Looks like Greg won't be coming back for a while.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/11/santino-fontana-leaving-crazy-ex-girlfriend.html

Boo!

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    New Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Boo!
    I'll really miss him. His songs were often the highlight of the episode. At least his character feels like it got a complete/satisfying arc.

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Yo also this episode of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend had some fantastic songs. I mean, they usually do but this is especially did.

• Options
    New Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Boo!
    I'll really miss him. His songs were often the highlight of the episode. At least his character feels like it got a complete/satisfying arc.

Especially in this one!
    That tap dance song was inspired. As were the puns. Polter-guys *giggle*

I also greatly enjoyed the makeover song devolving from "makey wakey bakey cakey lakey...." to "I had a stroke! I had a stroke!"

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Uh was the episode of SNL supposed to air tonight? I saw the promo while I was watching dateline waiting for SNL and now it's playing an old episode with Jennifer Lawrence.

Edit

Guess I'm an idiot because apparently it actually starts soon lol. Dunno what's up with that. I never actually watch these live.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Yeah, being a cord-cutter, I always watch SNL on Sunday.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    scherbchen wrote: »
    ok I needed some fictional politics, hoping it would make me feel better, so I watched Designated Survivor episode 6 and it kiiiinda worked?

how does this make it on the air? 40 minutes of lego pieces that do not fit together in any way ripped from any number of bad shows and genres does not make a tv show. but it was so terrible in execution, writing and acting that it kind of relieved the anxiety for a moment.

I'll give you the highlight of the episode, maybe this is something you can enjoy atm, FLOTUS to POTUS:
    "I'm not angry with the president <pause> I am disappointed in my husband."

I am not kidding you.
    Yeah, this show... I never really watched 24, but cultural osmosis has me sitting here reacting like
    Why the hell is Jack Bauer acting like such a fuckin' wuss? Like, almost all the time!

I like the idea behind the show, but I'm not sure I actually like the show itself.

sig.gif
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    ok I needed some fictional politics, hoping it would make me feel better, so I watched Designated Survivor episode 6 and it kiiiinda worked?

how does this make it on the air? 40 minutes of lego pieces that do not fit together in any way ripped from any number of bad shows and genres does not make a tv show. but it was so terrible in execution, writing and acting that it kind of relieved the anxiety for a moment.

I'll give you the highlight of the episode, maybe this is something you can enjoy atm, FLOTUS to POTUS:

I am not kidding you.
    Yeah, this show... I never really watched 24, but cultural osmosis has me sitting here reacting like
    Why the hell is Jack Bauer acting like such a fuckin' wuss? Like, almost all the time!

I like the idea behind the show, but I'm not sure I actually like the show itself.
    Jack Bauer broke down crying sometimes, to be fair. Like, dude was a first rank badass, but you could tell his job fucked him up. It's one of the show's better aspects.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

I am not kidding you.

I would agree that I think he's a bit miscast in the role. They should have gone with someone a bit more weedy.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    24 was this weird post 9/11 series show where torture solves everything, everyone betrays everyone, nuclear bombs go off all the time, and if it happened more than six episodes ago, it never really happened.

• Options
    Not everything on Chappell's SNL landed, but the big moments were absolute knockouts. Particularly the cold open and his monologue.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    24 was this weird post 9/11 series show where torture solves everything, everyone betrays everyone, nuclear bombs go off all the time, and if it happened more than six episodes ago, it never really happened.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=_P52G4Kyq5M

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Shit... That monologue was great.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJdVh2Ow2KU
    The only word I can use to describe A Tribe Called Quest's performances last night is the very cliche "electric"

It was goddamned thrilling to watch

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    So I watched the scene with the guy and the bat in Walking Dead because I was curious as to what that show is now

why does anyone watch this garbage? Seriously?

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    So I watched the scene with the guy and the bat in Walking Dead because I was curious as to what that show is now

why does anyone watch this garbage? Seriously?

who doesn't love a little extreme tedium and terrible writing punctuated with brutal misery

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    I have long suspected that people continue to support Walking Dead and Facebook for the same reason

If they didn't have it, what else would they complain about

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I watch Walking Dead because I got invested in it.

It really did start off pretty good.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I still watch because there are a few characters I still care about seeing what happens to.
    Basically it's maggie, daryl and carol now.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I watch Walking Dead because I got invested in it.

It really did start off pretty good.

Yeah I tend to watch shows way past their prime, simply because I get invested and can't objectively recognize when a show starts to get shitty.

The Walking Dead is one of the rare cases when I managed to walk away when it got bad.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I peaced out in season 2 and people kept telling me to come back. I'm kind of glad I didn't
    Maybe there's some context I'm missing but just seeing Glen (or anyone) get hit with a bat and then sit there for over a minute with massive head trauma while the show luxuriates in it is... I can't see what the point is.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    The real zombies are the fans.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I peaced out in season 2 and people kept telling me to come back. I'm kind of glad I didn't
    Maybe there's some context I'm missing but just seeing Glen (or anyone) get hit with a bat and then sit there for over a minute with massive head trauma while the show luxuriates in it is... I can't see what the point is.

I abslutely hated that episode. If every episode were like it, I wouldn't watch.
    Thankfully almost every episode isn't like that. It was the same last season with the termites slitting throats over a trough. Hated that episode, really enjoyed the rest of the season.

• Options
    I definitely don't disagree. I wish I wasn't invested in the show anymore.

That opening episode of this season was boring trash and now they're doing that thing where they've got 3 storylines going and each one takes up a whole episode so it's been 3 episodes since we've even seen Negan and Rick.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    that's honestly why i stopped reading the walking dead comics in the first place. any series that seems to exalt in the anguish of its characters for no good reason other than "gritty realism" or whatever is just not something i'm willing to slog through. i've got enough depression in my day-to-day affairs without any edgy writers who's run dry of decent plot ideas making it worse, thank you.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    The game was pretty good though. (Season 1 was at least, haven't played 2 yet.)

broken image link
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Dave Chappelle performing Creep at the SNL after-party

Questlove's caption, "In a life full of highlights? I'm glad I waited til 5:22am for this...."

Muddy Water on
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    This season of The Walking Dead is really good. The 2nd and 3rd episodes have been very low key, exploring new characters we didn't know much about yet. I get people being mad about main characters getting crushed in ep. 1, but eh, whatever. Rick and his group getting truly broken is a huge part of what comes next.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    I've been okay with the up-and-down quality of the Walking Dead up to now, because there were just enough good episodes to offset the bad ones, but this is really looking like the season where I give up on it. Not because of the violence of the premiere, but the show has just hit that point where I don't care about anyone anymore, because they've been through a metric ton of shit and there's nothing but the promise of more in the future.

Especially when I compare it to a show like Westworld, which is on at the same time, and think "which one would I rather watch?" it becomes less of a contest on a weekly basis.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
This discussion has been closed.