Options

[TV]BINGPOT!

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    It helps that BoJack Horseman is maybe the best depiction of narcassim on television?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    It helps that BoJack Horseman is maybe the best depiction of narcassim on television?

What about when I turn my TV off and I can see my reflection in it

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

Do you? Do you ever turn it off?

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Mr. G wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLpL-9M47SQ
    Billy on the Street continues to be a treasure

my answer to this question is "only if he takes the cardinals hat off"

• Options

the true black mirror was inside you all along

• Options
    So, as part of my deal with my best friend in our dual watching of The Walking Dead and Lost he just finished the first season of Lost.

And my buddy is an angry man, an angry man who nitpicks at things. It's why I no longer watch any of the Arrowverse shows with him cause he just complains all the way through..

But back to Lost! He generally enjoyed it and currently:

His favorite character is Shannon (ahaha)

He hates Jack and loves Sawyer.

And he really, really wants to see where John Locke goes as a character.

Meanwhile I couldn't give a shit what happens in the upcoming third season of the Walking Dead that I'm going to have to endure to get us back to Lost's second season.

Heuerugh.....

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    How is anyone's favorite character Shannon?

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

What if Pooro but too much?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular

Looking at just Season 1, Shannon might have the "Most Improved" award since she probably grows the most during that season? Other characters haven't grown as much yet or started out already way more grown than Shannon.

I haven't seen Season 1 in a while though, so just guessing.

• Options
    speaking of Lost I watched the series finale again yesterday. I have a lot of things to say about that show, still, it turns out

I will say this: that show is fundamentally hopeful and I've been struggling for years to find a show that's resonated with me the way lost did. I've had a couple shows come close, but they mostly dropped the ball in some way (I think I've complained about those shows enough, tho)

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    my favorite characters in the first season were Locke and Hurley

by the end of the show, my favorites were Linus and Faraday

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016

I haven't watched first season of Lost since it first aired, but I remember liking Shannon a lot

Because I will typically be attracted to the worst person on a given show

Poorochondriac on
  • Options

I haven't watched first season of Lost since it first aired, but I remember liking Shannon a lot

Because I will typically be attracted to the worst person on a given show

DING DING DING

Pooro guessed it.

• Options
    My favorite character through all of Lost was John Locke.

Ben Linus was a very close second.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    No show has been able to capture the feeling of those old Lost threads we used to have.

Well, shows that I watch at least. Maybe the Game of Thrones thread or something is like that and I just don't know since I don't watch that show.

• Options
    Oh man, Lost Points was the best.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

What if Pooro but too much?

The Penny Arcade Forums story.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    The only person I liked on Lost was Arzt. So I never watched past the first season.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    I've been enjoying Person of Interest thanks to the forums, but a thought struck me after having a chat with my mum last night.

S2 spoilers:
    A disproportionate number of crimes seem to be focused on white people, given that it's set in NY. Sorry Finch, looks like you built a racist AI.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Ugh

Hitfix merged into Uproxx and I don't like their layout at all

But I still want to read Sepinwall, so

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I need to watch person of interest. I've only ever seen random chunks on tv. For some bizzare reason it reminds me of Angel, even though I know neither show is anything alike. Maybe the brooding protagonist?

Also after getting through daredevil, and wanting to get to Luke cage, I gave up by episode 4 of Jessica Jones. There is just something about those shows that I find them interminable. And my tolerance for bad shows is really high. I think it's that they're shot like a high quality HBO show, and they take themselves so seriously, but the writing and dialogue is so fucking plodding. I'm interested in the characters and the worlds but everything feels so extraneous and exhausting, I find myself fast forwarding through scenes because they are so (for lack of a better word) predictable. Like I often skip conversations because I know exactly where it's going and I know the dialogue is going to be awful so why bother

At least with arrow and the flash the cheese is cohesive, the marvel Netflix originals just feel at odds with themselves. Again I like some really bad and self serious shows, but there's something about the writing and dialogue that I find so difficult to watch. It's offputting and really frustrating because I want to like them so much, and daredevil in particular has a lot of stuff I love (Fisk and the Punisher scenes mainly)

Prohass on
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I actually gave up on the netflix shows after a few episodes of DD season 2 for similar reasons. Everything's just dreary and full of assholes and all too often people are just behaving so dumb to serve the plot. I actually think AoS is much more watchable even if it might not be as ambitious as netlix's output.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Most of the Netflix Marvel shows feel like a stellar first season and a sophomore slump all in a singular 13 episode run.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    I need to watch person of interest. I've only ever seen random chunks on tv. For some bizzare reason it reminds me of Angel, even though I know neither show is anything alike. Maybe the brooding protagonist?

Also after getting through daredevil, and wanting to get to Luke cage, I gave up by episode 4 of Jessica Jones. There is just something about those shows that I find them interminable. And my tolerance for bad shows is really high. I think it's that they're shot like a high quality HBO show, and they take themselves so seriously, but the writing and dialogue is so fucking plodding. I'm interested in the characters and the worlds but everything feels so extraneous and exhausting, I find myself fast forwarding through scenes because they are so (for lack of a better word) predictable. Like I often skip conversations because I know exactly where it's going and I know the dialogue is going to be awful so why bother

At least with arrow and the flash the cheese is cohesive, the marvel Netflix originals just feel at odds with themselves. Again I like some really bad and self serious shows, but there's something about the writing and dialogue that I find so difficult to watch. It's offputting and really frustrating because I want to like them so much, and daredevil in particular has a lot of stuff I love (Fisk and the Punisher scenes mainly)

I love Arrow, I think it's fantastic, but it's an incredibly dour show, and too self-serious to pull off some of their character based storylines.
    Drunk Laurel being one of them

The Flash has moments of sheer goofiness and good-heartedness that I love.

And Legends of Tomorrow strikes a nice tone between the two.

At least, Season One does. I haven't seen Season Two. I haven't even finished Season One. Wentworth Miller just so fucking good in it, though.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    S2 of Legends of Tomorrow is way the hell better than S1.

And Laurel is the worst on Arrow. And I do mean on Arrow. Whenever she's shown up somewhere else, she's been better.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    laurel rules

she tried so hard

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Laurel had a more interesting arc on arrow than Roy.

The one I never get is felicity, she was fun at first, but she's just a nagger now, all of the nagging.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Felicity had a great moment a few episodes back though, where she had to come up with a bullshit excuse for some lab test, just like Oliver in the good old days of "I'm thinking of investing in my buddies' sports drink?"

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    you leave my angsty parkour baby boy alone

ilu roy

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options

ilu roy

Someone post it.

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Felicity had a great moment a few episodes back though, where she had to come up with a bullshit excuse for some lab test, just like Oliver in the good old days of "I'm thinking of investing in my buddies' sports drink?"

I will never not laugh at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FScILKbYCts

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    I still can't believe Arrow had two different Black Canaries and murdered both of them

• Options
    edited November 2016
    laurel rules

she tried so hard
    She got so far.

But in the end, it didn't even matter.

Curse you.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I still can't believe Arrow had two different Black Canaries and murdered both of them

Is this still a spoiler thing? I don't know.
    But they resurrected one of them and sent her off to legends of tomorrow

• Options
    Psykoma wrote: »

Is this still a spoiler thing? I don't know.
    But they resurrected one of them and sent her off to legends of tomorrow
    And
    Katie (the second one) signed a deal with the network where she'll definitely be showing up again, but not constrained to Arrow. Wentworth Miller did the same thing.

sig.gif
  • Options

ilu roy

Someone post it.

https://youtu.be/yJdLgfoc1bs

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Roy being unnecesarily super-flippy should always be a source of joy.
    It's also how you knew it was him when he came back for a cameo wearing a mask.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Best cold open return of a character ever on B99

• Options
    Bunheads call out in B99!

• Options
    RIP Bunheads, gone too soon

This discussion has been closed.