Options

[TV]BINGPOT!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2016
    This season has been mostly BORING

Of the Walking Dead

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    the walking dead pilot sold me on michael rooker

and then there wasn't any michael rooker the rest of the season

and then they brought back michael rooker

and then they got rid of michael rooker again

so it is officially the worst show of all time

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    411Randle wrote: »
    I've been okay with the up-and-down quality of the Walking Dead up to now, because there were just enough good episodes to offset the bad ones, but this is really looking like the season where I give up on it. Not because of the violence of the premiere, but the show has just hit that point where I don't care about anyone anymore, because they've been through a metric ton of shit and there's nothing but the promise of more in the future.

Especially when I compare it to a show like Westworld, which is on at the same time, and think "which one would I rather watch?" it becomes less of a contest on a weekly basis.

It's crazy that when you said something about Westworld "being on at the same time" and I was like "what's s/he even talking about?" Because I haven't watched anything not named Survivor or sports live in what feels like a decade. I can't even watch Walking Dead live if I wanted to, I have to watch it next day when it's available on amazon.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    411Randle wrote: »
    I've been okay with the up-and-down quality of the Walking Dead up to now, because there were just enough good episodes to offset the bad ones, but this is really looking like the season where I give up on it. Not because of the violence of the premiere, but the show has just hit that point where I don't care about anyone anymore, because they've been through a metric ton of shit and there's nothing but the promise of more in the future.

Especially when I compare it to a show like Westworld, which is on at the same time, and think "which one would I rather watch?" it becomes less of a contest on a weekly basis.

It's crazy that when you said something about Westworld "being on at the same time" and I was like "what's s/he even talking about?" Because I haven't watched anything not named Survivor or sports live in what feels like a decade. I can't even watch Walking Dead live if I wanted to, I have to watch it next day when it's available on amazon.

Oh I have a DVR, but Sundays and Monday are my huge TV nights, so I try to get as much of my Sunday TV watched live as I can before I start hitting a backlog that I won't get to until Friday or so.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Luke Cage last episode.
    Wait did the detective not have a passcode on her phone? How did they use her phone to text?

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Luke Cage last episode.
    Wait did the detective not have a passcode on her phone? How did they use her phone to text?

shit that's a good point

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Luke Cage last episode.

shit that's a good point
    And here I was just mad they didn't establish some sort of safeword code so that both of them would know they could trust the messages. This is a much bigger oversight!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Luke Cage last episode.

shit that's a good point

What was the detectives age, if over 30 it's immediately plausible. ( Source, myself and most other people over 30 that I know)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Man, I loved the Jheri's sketch on last night's SNL

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Man, I loved the Jheri's sketch on last night's SNL

I got suckered by it the most anyone has ever been suckered by anything

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Luke Cage last episode.

shit that's a good point

What was the detectives age, if over 30 it's immediately plausible. ( Source, myself and most other people over 30 that I know)

I didn't used to have a passcode, but my most recent phone doesn't give me a choice

• Options
    Luke Cage last episode.

shit that's a good point

If her department isn't enforcing a password through an MDM policy they are a massive failure and if she's using her phone for official police business and ISN'T enrolled in their MDM, she's a massive failure.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Luke Cage last episode.

shit that's a good point

If her department isn't enforcing a password through an MDM policy they are a massive failure and if she's using her phone for official police business and ISN'T enrolled in their MDM, she's a massive failure.

Thats the point made yes

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    oh good they added a Alt-Right tvshow too

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I think I've outgrown Adult Swim. Not that they don't occasionally have something good (like Too Many Cooks), but so much of their programming these days, I look at it and just don't understand. And then I wonder, has their content changed or have I?

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    oh good they added a Alt-Right tvshow too

Pioneers, I imagine like CBS we will have more racist programming on major networks.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I think I've outgrown Adult Swim. Not that they don't occasionally have something good (like Too Many Cooks), but so much of their programming these days, I look at it and just don't understand. And then I wonder, has their content changed or have I?

A new venture bros season every 2 years and Rick and Morty are about the only things worth a damn that they still do.

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »

A new venture bros season every 2 years and Rick and Morty are about the only things worth a damn that they still do.

Hmm, I guess it's a bit of both then.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Having watched Rick & Morty, it's pretty good. Not as good as the slavish fanbase would have you believe, but what is?

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Having watched Rick & Morty, it's pretty good. Not as good as the slavish fanbase would have you believe, but what is?

Sometimes the humor doesn't hit the mark but it does some really, really creative sci-fi stuff. The mind parasite episode in particular stands out.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I'm straight mad at the dating a hivemind episode for how good of a sci-fi concept that is.

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Rick & Morty has picked up the Futurama baton in being just as funny as it is consistently inventive with sci-fi conventions

What I think it DOESN'T do as well is character depth

There are 21 episodes and I swear at least 17 of them have a "the parents have a bad marriage!" subplot

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I don't find it particularly funny and mostly just unpleasant. This is not to say anything of its quality as a product, just a matter of taste, I'm sure.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Rick and Morty is... Pretty good.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Well, I certainly wasn't expecting "the feels" to get ripped out of me watching this week's Last Man on Earth, but here we are.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Well, I certainly wasn't expecting "the feels" to get ripped out of me watching this week's Last Man on Earth, but here we are.

Yeah that was super well done.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    the last man on earth is just

such a rewarding show

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Rick And Morty would probably be my favorite animated show if it weren't for Bojack Horseman.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLpL-9M47SQ
    Billy on the Street continues to be a treasure

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    I love Billy on the Street! They should make a proper full length tv series

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    exist wrote: »
    I love Billy on the Street! They should make a proper full length tv series

I don't know if this is a bit because that clip is from tomorrow's premiere of the 5th season of the TV show

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Billy on the Street is a show that I deeply appreciate, but that I can only watch in 30-second chunks because even imagining being on the receiving end of his microphone gives me the screaming fantods

• Options
    edited November 2016
    The idea of running into Billy on the Street gets much more harrowing when you realize that mic cable is going into the camera

I don't know how they're not just clotheslining people left and right, because they really do run down the street

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Gustav wrote: »
    Rick And Morty would probably be my favorite animated show if it weren't for Bojack Horseman.

I haven't been able to get over the early Bojack season 1 hump.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

You're missing out.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I would totally agree with Rick & Morty being thorougly unpleasant, yes.

• Options

Yeah I came very close to tapping out. And I normally don't have a tolerance for the "It gets better after the first season" mode about me.

But I'm glad I made an exception. Definitely the best show Netflix does.

aGPmIBD.jpg
This discussion has been closed.