Options

[TV]BINGPOT!

• Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    Sooooo, Sliders?

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Deadline: Fox Developing Fantasy Drama Series ‘The Building’ From Neil Gaiman & Angry Films
    Fox has put in development The Building, a drama series from fantasy novelist Neil Gaiman and Angry Films. 20th Century Fox TV is the studio.

The Building is based on a digital film called Parallels which has had great success on Netflix. The original film was written and directed by Chris Leone (story by Leone and Laura Harkom). Parallels came out of Fox Digital Studios a division of 20th Century Fox where it was shepherded by head of department David Worthen who has been supervising a number of ultra low-budgeted productions for Fox since the department’s founding.

Written by Albert Kim and Leone, The Building involves a large skyscraper that moves between alternate realities and a group of young urban explorers who are in the building and suddenly find themselves on an Earth wherein Reagan was not elected and Russia dropped the bomb. They then figure out they have a limited amount of time to figure out where they are and rescue members of their team before the building shifts again to another reality. They soon realize that this Earth is also different from where they started and getting back may be impossible.

The series will explore the origin of the building, who built it and why, what happens on each floor and how, if at all possible, do they get back to their original Earth. The Building aims to continue Fox’s tradition in the sci-fi/fantasy genre with such shows as Gotham, from WBTV, and The X-Files and Sleepy Hollow, from 20th TV.

Sounds interesting.

I too would like to watch Neil Gaiman presents Sliders

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    so all the new shows to care about have debuted already this year -- though shut-eye still has to debut on hulu -- so i took a step back to come up with my top ten of the calendar year

i figure since the winter break is gonna happen, throwing out lists like this can give people shit to check out while tv is gone

10. people of earth
    9 search party
    8. sweet/vicious
    7. good behavior
    6. vice principals
    5. those who can't
    4. full frontal with samantha bee
    3. atlanta
    2. the good place
    1. jon glaser loves gear

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I can't get a bead on what Jon Glaser Loves Gear is

is it supposed to be a fake sort of HGTV show?

I love Jon Glaser of course, I just am not sure what that show is going for

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

you kind of have to watch it to understand but

okay so it's a show about jon glaser, the actor, making a reality show about cool gear

but it spills out to his personal life and goes on wild tangents as "jon glaser" is basically just the complete dick jon glaser plays in everything

here's a clip to kind of give you a feel for it, but really -- just watch the pilot and see if you can jump on board

it is the most unique show i've seen in a llong time

https://youtu.be/M9Wp74PeaK4

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    So it's Delocated with even more layers of obfuscation

Excellent

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    So it's Delocated with even more layers of obfuscation

Excellent

so basically the perfect show

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I am excited for the midseason Adam Pally time travel show that hasn't debuted yet

Unless by "year" you meant the actual calendar year and not the TV season

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I watched the first three episodes of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend tonight and hey that is a show I am totally on board with, turns out

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    The You're the Worst finale was great. It made the rest of the season come together in a way that it hadn't so far.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I think season 2 of Korra was a lot rougher than even season 1, but it still wasn't really bad, and there were some really good things about it.

I have very mixed feelings on season 2. Like, I think it did some things great, and some things okay, but the bits that sucked were bad enough that I think of it as something to power through more than a value add in its own right. Like, yes. Nuktuk is clever, the two parter is good, and Varrick is introduced, and Varrick's top ten material for the show and Last Airbender, maybe even top five (although that feels more debatable). But Unalaq sucks, Korra keeps making the worst choices (And she's not alone on that count), the love triangle is garbage, and the animation quality is unreliable.

Season 3, though? Worth the wait.
    I'm still amused by the final romantic arrangements of the show.

"Well, we tried Korra and Mako, and that didn't work. We tried Asami and Mako, that didn't work. We tried Korra and Mako again, even worse. What are we missing?"

"Uh, have we tried Korra and Asami?"

"...Oh, right. Yeah. That makes much more sense."

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I think season 2 of Korra was hamstrung by a couple of things. I think there was a very clear budget cut, for one, which impacted the quality of the animation a bunch, and also they set up the arc for the first season as if it was going to be the only season, so they had to kind of...blow things up a little bit to tell new stories. The love triangle stuff they tried in season one and kind of...resurrected in season two, that was mostly dead weight and one of the stronger choices they made in the aftermath of that season was to just bury that shit right in the ground and never come close to bringing it back again. I mean, seasons 3 and 4 also see pretty significant character growth for most of the main cast, and the new characters they bring in are all really interesting and fairly atypical. I mean, two of the strongest characters are two older women who have a pretty well-realized and mature beef with each other.

I think they had a very clear idea as to what they were doing with the Last Airbender from the jump. It did take a while to settle down into the show it wanted to be, but the themes were there very early on in the show. Korra took a little more time to sort out exactly the kind of show it wanted to be, but I think once it got there, it became as strong or stronger as anything the Last Airbender produced.
    Season Two felt like they were stalling for time to get S3 and S4 into production.

sig.gif
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    yo AJ where can I see that MTV lady vigilante show

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Season 2 of korra used a different animation studio and it really showed. People didn't even blink anymore.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular

you kind of have to watch it to understand but

okay so it's a show about jon glaser, the actor, making a reality show about cool gear

but it spills out to his personal life and goes on wild tangents as "jon glaser" is basically just the complete dick jon glaser plays in everything

here's a clip to kind of give you a feel for it, but really -- just watch the pilot and see if you can jump on board

it is the most unique show i've seen in a llong time

https://youtu.be/M9Wp74PeaK4

Wait, that's Councilman Jamm from Parks & Rec, isn't it?

Sold.

I'm in.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Mitchell and Webb from Peep Show are doing another channel 4 dysfunctional duo show. Yaaaaay.

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/culture/television/peep-show-duo-david-mitchell-robert-webb-reunite-new-channel-4-sitcom/

Also, Jake Johnson and Damon Wayans Jr co-created a new fox show called Henchman, a single cam comedy which will star Wayans Jr as Norris, a guy trying to balance family life with his dream of becoming a successful henchman.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/damon-wayans-jr-star-fox-henchman-comedy-jake-johnson-947760

• Options
    YaYa wrote: »

on mtv

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »

on mtv

you know what I meant, goddammit

• Options
    man i don't know alex

i got a dvr

try on demand/hulu?

also re: jon glaser loves gear

for aficionados of jon glaser shows
    yes the streak of killing paul rudd in the pilot continues

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/Tup-5yOcJuM

Really wanna watch this

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    That looks awesome. Also looks like they just set Neil Patrick Harris free in the costume and prop department for like 6 months to see what he'd come up with.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    I think season 2 of Korra was hamstrung by a couple of things. I think there was a very clear budget cut, for one, which impacted the quality of the animation a bunch, and also they set up the arc for the first season as if it was going to be the only season, so they had to kind of...blow things up a little bit to tell new stories. The love triangle stuff they tried in season one and kind of...resurrected in season two, that was mostly dead weight and one of the stronger choices they made in the aftermath of that season was to just bury that shit right in the ground and never come close to bringing it back again. I mean, seasons 3 and 4 also see pretty significant character growth for most of the main cast, and the new characters they bring in are all really interesting and fairly atypical. I mean, two of the strongest characters are two older women who have a pretty well-realized and mature beef with each other.

I think they had a very clear idea as to what they were doing with the Last Airbender from the jump. It did take a while to settle down into the show it wanted to be, but the themes were there very early on in the show. Korra took a little more time to sort out exactly the kind of show it wanted to be, but I think once it got there, it became as strong or stronger as anything the Last Airbender produced.
    Season Two felt like they were stalling for time to get S3 and S4 into production.

I don't agree. Season 2 kinda felt like the big story that they wanted to tell but didn't get enough time to work the kinks out of.

Also it's painfully clear they were still adjusting to the lower episode count and a lot of things felt rushed because of it.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Speechless is the surprise show for me.

Wasn't anywhere in my radar, and turns out that its really, really good.

Like it could easily coast on goodwill, but I think its really funny as well.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Anyone watch Survivor last night?
    I was kind of surprised they didn't turn on Adam. Frankly, if I knew there was someone out there that could steal any reward I earned I would probably get rid of him. Imagine doing some 2 hour endurance challenge to win an advantage for the next immunity challenge and having him steal it?

Tyler was obnoxious, but really no one trusts him so he wasn't a terribly dangerous player at the moment

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I'm finally getting farther into daredevil on netflix.

On the episode 9 of the first season.

Episode 8 was really predictable though.

I'm feeling sick now other wise I'd be watching more.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    That looks awesome. Also looks like they just set Neil Patrick Harris free in the costume and prop department for like 6 months to see what he'd come up with.

Holy shit, it took me until this trailer to realize that's NPH. I hadn't been paying attention to this show at all. Now it's front of the line.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I thought it was Jim Carey in those trailers. I did not pay attention to who was actually in it.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I thought it was Jim Carey in those trailers. I did not pay attention to who was actually in it.
    That's probably because he played Olaf in the movie

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Season 2 of korra used a different animation studio and it really showed. People didn't even blink anymore.

they used an anime studio and that's why there were so many shots of someone's face with only their mouth moving and the camera slowly panning from left to right

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    I was kind of surprised they didn't turn on Adam. Frankly, if I knew there was someone out there that could steal any reward I earned I would probably get rid of him. Imagine doing some 2 hour endurance challenge to win an advantage for the next immunity challenge and having him steal it?

Tyler was obnoxious, but really no one trusts him so he wasn't a terribly dangerous player at the moment

Survivor:
    Adam's advantage is pretty much trash as advantages go, but I think his days are probably numbered unless something happens. He doesn't have the trust of probably anybody out there right now. They're just picking off the stragglers of the former Jay alliance right now. I think we're going to see a change up next week, I don't expect to see Jay or Will get a predictable boot.

• Options
    today mtv classic marathoned spring break episodes of next

in case you were wondering what the best thing in tv this year was

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    That's probably because he played Olaf in the movie

It's gotta be real difficult to follow up on Jim Carrey's performance of a character who is outlandishly silly and crazy. His Olaf was so memorable that it has to be hard to do your own thing without just being a different take on Carrey's Olaf.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah, Speechless is real good.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    If the animation in S2 of Korra is bad, does it at least get better in the next two?

• Options
    If the animation in S2 of Korra is bad, does it at least get better in the next two?
    Yeah, S2 was done by another studio

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »

Survivor:
    Adam's advantage is pretty much trash as advantages go, but I think his days are probably numbered unless something happens. He doesn't have the trust of probably anybody out there right now. They're just picking off the stragglers of the former Jay alliance right now. I think we're going to see a change up next week, I don't expect to see Jay or Will get a predictable boot.
    I can't understand him not using the advantage on the bola-throw challenge. team got blasted out of the water and it was his chance to go from zero to hero for his team right there as well as to get rid of the "advantage".

this might be me being a cranky old man but fuck the loved ones visit. gimme booze and a full belly. also if others care about that damn visit so much, all the more reason to not hold that threat over their heads.

and get booze

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    First episode of the Grand Tour (The old Top Gear Guys) previewed today on Amazon. It was awesome. They are releasing episodes weekly instead of all at once, so now I can't wait till next week!

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    You guys, Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories is so good

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Nice to see the black guy have more importance on Timeless.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    when's that korra comic coming out, is my question

This discussion has been closed.