As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Everyone has a [Podcast]

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    literally did not recognize him without the baseball cap

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Friends at the Table season 1 episode 21 (like 15 minutes in)
    Oh no Hella. Oh no Calhoun... This is so sad, and so good.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    is this not a shitpost? this is what i would call a shitpost

and obviously you could structure a joke like that such that it's politcally motivated or hurtful to others but i certainly don't think of that as an essential feature

I don't think that's shitposting. That's just a joke.

Now this is a shitpost:

admanb on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Looks like someone at Beamdog is a Giant Bomb fan
    4d8db313878c6ad07ca7abd24fb1e1f6ea4153804ad56a95cfeddd293597c7b5.jpg
    c7cd1ff866fd762ee5fd2af8c3966932e093a57309f24711195b9b0f51ace215.jpg
    046c1325a2a820b0b50d5e83680b049047668406d14df91003632443715253d6.jpg
    e8284178ec87328fa7d16fdb890d73f78575a3b943a3352207d23b074494af0c.jpg

Anyone played this new BG1 expansion by the way?

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    it's me, i'm shit posting.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    hi shit posting, i'm dad

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    hi shit posting, i'm dad

But mom said you died.

Oh, oh god all these years! Where have you been?!

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I maintain that long hair has never been a good look on a white guy

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I maintain that long hair has never been a good look on a white guy

I think it looks alright on slender dudes if kept in a ponytail. Of course, I am a slender dude with a ponytail so I would say that.

My girlfriend likes it and that's really all that matters.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

and obviously you could structure a joke like that such that it's politcally motivated or hurtful to others but i certainly don't think of that as an essential feature

Now this is a shitpost:

Austin Walker is absolutely a shitposter who went legit

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    more like he sold out to the man

the gerst mann

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular

Now this is a shitpost:

Aren't we all

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular

the gerst mann

I just realized that Jeff name would be Barleyman I'm English, which sounds like a Hobbit.

Dan's last name is probably from Rykaert (old Dutch), so Dan the Rich Man, which seems like a wrestling gimmick.

Jason the Austrian sounds like a stranger at some medieval court.

To complete this post I looked up Caravello, it's a common Italian last name with no 100% traceable meaning, but most likely a type of pear. Vincent Pear doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Huh. Back in university I had two of those exact same shirts Dan is wearing in those photos. I don't know how to feel about this.

Charmy on
    I have a twitter.
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Why is dan circular sawing a bud light

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Why is dan

Lemme stop you there

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »

the gerst mann

Dan's last name is probably from Rykaert (old Dutch), so Dan the Rich Man, which seems like a wrestling gimmick.

I believe that's actually Dan's manager gimmick when he does indie events - a Silicon Valley VC jerk who wears a Google Glass.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »

the gerst mann

I believe that's actually Dan's manager gimmick when he does indie events - a Silicon Valley VC jerk who wears a Google Glass.
    I think Dolph Ziggler broke his Google Glass but yeah

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    You know, now that Dan's moving to the East, I should try to hook him up with my friend's indie promo. We're not very far from NYC.....

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    Looks like someone at Beamdog is a Giant Bomb fan
    4d8db313878c6ad07ca7abd24fb1e1f6ea4153804ad56a95cfeddd293597c7b5.jpg
    c7cd1ff866fd762ee5fd2af8c3966932e093a57309f24711195b9b0f51ace215.jpg
    046c1325a2a820b0b50d5e83680b049047668406d14df91003632443715253d6.jpg
    e8284178ec87328fa7d16fdb890d73f78575a3b943a3352207d23b074494af0c.jpg

Anyone played this new BG1 expansion by the way?

Wasn't there already a Ryan Davis tribute of some kind in BG Remastered?

sig.gif
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Best twitter reply
    "I dont know what hes talking about, he looks altright to me"

• Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    I got halfway through Season 1 of The Worst Idea Of All Time before they put it behind the Howl paywall. Is it worth it to try the free trial (and possibly pay 5 bucks for a month to finish the season) or should I just start on Season 2?

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Young Dan looks like the Bastard Son of X-Pac and I'm sure anyone but him would take that as an insult

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    kmzkmz Registered User regular
    To close the evening and put a heart-stamp of goodwill onto the evening, MBMBaM saved a final surprise for the end when Justin announced all of the proceeds ($12,000) from Friday night's concert would go to the Recovery Point of Huntington. The brothers had already partnered with Plus One so that $1 from every ticket went to the Branches Domestic Violence Shelter in Huntington.

The Recovery Point is a long-term facility helps people who are battling addiction and alcoholism using peers who have “been there and done that” provide the unique insights that are beneficial to helping others find recovery. In West Virginia, The Recovery Point Family of Organizations consists of Recovery Point of Huntington, Recovery Point of Charleston, and Four Seasons Recovery Center in Bluefield.

While Griffin joked that he was counting on that money and is going to have to take back the hot tub from Rent-A-Center, Justin said seriously, that while they were originally going to donate the $1,250 from poster sales to Recovery Point, but decided in the spirit of Candlenights to just give all of the proceeds to Recovery Point.

That donation comes on the heels of the McElroy brothers' annual Candlenight's charity cause of having their fans fill the Empty Stockings over the past two years, and just recently their The Adventure Zine: fan art book" raising $164,921, of which about half will be given to the Facing Hunger Food Bank.

they are indeed good good candlenights boys

Not going to spoil anything but there was an amazing hilariously inappropriate-in-context goof during the charity reveal and I'm really hoping it makes it into the eventual podcast/TV ep.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

Now this is a shitpost:

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So I'm playing Hackmud and found out if you hold down ALT while starting it will bring up a screen where you can set resolution. There is also a part where you can change keybindings and uh... There bindings for jump and multiple fire.

What is this game?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Why is there a Division live action series on steam right now

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    I finished listening to this week's Teenagers With Attitude, that sure was a pointless episode of Power Rangers.
    "Zack, your intro is broken. You'll need a new one. Fortunately, we have the power of thunder."
    "I love that we have just decided that Rangerwiki is this unreliable pack of lies because they missed the Radbug in the background of one episode."
    RPM is so good
    "Alright, fine, so the Golden Hour for this week is... that..." "Uh huh. Go on." "Goldar has one line in this episode, good luck."
    "I miss Morphactnominal more and more as we go on. Too bad it's dead forever and we can never bring it back."
    "I like to imagine that factory finally got that smokestack rebuilt."
    "This pretty much reinforces my theory that Zordon had a second team of rangers that got brutally murdered, like Xavier did with Krakoa with the first team of X-men. So that's where those extra weapons came from, and that's where these new Zords came from."
    Oh god, this Futurama rock opera thing, what the fuck
    "So he primes the missiles, never uses them, and then bites a candy cane."
    It's good that you're thinking about what to do with the reversion now, you have less than two decades to figure it out
    "Little boy blue, and we cut to the moon"
    "Do they all have names that start with the letter Z, like Zack, and... Zebulon..." "I love that you ran out of Z names after one!"
    "Zack facts!" "That's the new thing that's going to replace the Golden Hour." "Alright, holding you to it!"
    "Oh, you guys, Trini wants to do it with the pamango." I was hoping someone would say that
    "When they morph, they get those suits, and they're their skin, it is their skin, but then they can demorph, and they molt that skin, and they have normal human skin underneath it."
    "Somebody threw up, and somebody else just got turned on by that entire conversation."
    I'm pretty sure the moon is always facing the Earth? I can't remember how it works, but we're always seeing the same side of it I think?
    "Well I can explain that." "Ugh."
    "Rangerwiki backwards is just Simon!"
    "Clearly, fish curses is the solution to our energy problem."
    "Look how much I've changed this city with just two fishes and a flute."
    Oh no, this is that horrible picture that Luke tweeted isn't it
    "Goddamnit, this picture of this foot is still on my screen."
    iTunes is really bad
    It's great that Zack paused to make sure he said McElroy right

• Options
    I finished listening to this week's Teenagers With Attitude, that sure was a pointless episode of Power Rangers.
    "Zack, your intro is broken. You'll need a new one. Fortunately, we have the power of thunder."
    "I love that we have just decided that Rangerwiki is this unreliable pack of lies because they missed the Radbug in the background of one episode."
    RPM is so good
    "Alright, fine, so the Golden Hour for this week is... that..." "Uh huh. Go on." "Goldar has one line in this episode, good luck."
    "I miss Morphactnominal more and more as we go on. Too bad it's dead forever and we can never bring it back."
    "I like to imagine that factory finally got that smokestack rebuilt."
    "This pretty much reinforces my theory that Zordon had a second team of rangers that got brutally murdered, like Xavier did with Krakoa with the first team of X-men. So that's where those extra weapons came from, and that's where these new Zords came from."
    Oh god, this Futurama rock opera thing, what the fuck
    "So he primes the missiles, never uses them, and then bites a candy cane."
    It's good that you're thinking about what to do with the reversion now, you have less than two decades to figure it out
    "Little boy blue, and we cut to the moon"
    "Do they all have names that start with the letter Z, like Zack, and... Zebulon..." "I love that you ran out of Z names after one!"
    "Zack facts!" "That's the new thing that's going to replace the Golden Hour." "Alright, holding you to it!"
    "Oh, you guys, Trini wants to do it with the pamango." I was hoping someone would say that
    "When they morph, they get those suits, and they're their skin, it is their skin, but then they can demorph, and they molt that skin, and they have normal human skin underneath it."
    "Somebody threw up, and somebody else just got turned on by that entire conversation."
    I'm pretty sure the moon is always facing the Earth? I can't remember how it works, but we're always seeing the same side of it I think?
    "Well I can explain that." "Ugh."
    "Rangerwiki backwards is just Simon!"
    "Clearly, fish curses is the solution to our energy problem."
    "Look how much I've changed this city with just two fishes and a flute."
    Oh no, this is that horrible picture that Luke tweeted isn't it
    "Goddamnit, this picture of this foot is still on my screen."
    iTunes is really bad
    It's great that Zack paused to make sure he said McElroy right

people have asked me if it is some weird running inside joke

its not

I cannot same their name right

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

jesus
    I would say that 'may' is super generous

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular

jesus
    I would say that 'may' is super generous
    Buzzfeed wrote:
    In the 38 months since Blue Apron’s facility opened, the Richmond Police Department has received calls from there twice because of weapons, three times for bomb threats, and seven times because of assault. Police captains have met twice with Blue Apron to discuss the frequency of calls to the police. At least four arrests have been made due to violence on the premises, or threats of it. Employees have reported being punched in the face, choked, groped, pushed, pulled, and even bitten by each other on the job, according to police reports. Employees recalled bomb scares, brandished kitchen knives, and talk of guns.

Holy shitballs

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    *wipes sweat from brow*

Christ, editing podcasts are a lot more difficult when one person's Audacity decides to only record when they're talking. That makes syncing audio difficult!

I think it's all good now, though!

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    *wipes sweat from brow*

Christ, editing podcasts are a lot more difficult when one person's Audacity decides to only record when they're talking. That makes syncing audio difficult!

Like....an individual track for every sentence?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

Psychedelics, maaaaan! Gateway to the inside of your miiiiiiiind! Enemy of the maaaaan, maaaaan! Also, a thing that's been around for so long in human history, we don't even have an accurate date for when our ancestors started doing them. They've just been, for all we know, a common way to explore, escape and seek spiritual oneness for hundreds of thousands of years.

Some great stuff has been conceived of while on psychedelics: while on LSD, Francis Crick conceived of the double-helix shape of DNA, Steve Jobs cites LSD as one of the major influences of his life's work, and some biblical scholars think the Bible may have been written with the aid of some magic mushrooms. So why does the government hate the stuff? Especially as more research is coming out that says that psilocybin (the active ingredient in mushrooms) does wonders for the terminally ill and MDMA may be the key to curing PTSD.

On this week's podcast Jack O'Brien enlists the help of comic Shane Mauss and Cracked editor Robert Evans to find out. First Jack and Shane examine some of the medicinal effects of psychedelics, from mushrooms to DMT to MDMA, and talk about how America's war on drugs is prohibiting important research into these areas. Later, Robert Evans calls in to discuss how some ancient cultures got high and how an individual's reaction to drugs may not be chemical, but cultural.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    "Who's that other guy on NPR? Harrison Clipper?" - Dan Ryckert

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    *wipes sweat from brow*

Like....an individual track for every sentence?

Preferences -> Recording -> Sound Activated Recording

It's a thing. It has its uses but live recording is not one of them.

It keeps it all as one track, though, just pauses the recording when there's no signal.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular

Just like someone else linked from that article, I also fell into the trap of "Oh, I can do about 45 minutes of cooking" and then it would turn into 2 hours. I ended up not making many of the meals because I was exhausted after work many days and wasn't up to spending all that time prepping, cooking, and cleaning, so I'd just order out and toss whatever wasn't used at the end of the week. For me it wasn't a hard decision to let them go after a while.

This discussion has been closed.