As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Everyone has a [Podcast]

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »

Just like someone else linked from that article, I also fell into the trap of "Oh, I can do about 45 minutes of cooking" and then it would turn into 2 hours. I ended up not making many of the meals because I was exhausted after work many days and wasn't up to spending all that time prepping, cooking, and cleaning, so I'd just order out and toss whatever wasn't used at the end of the week. For me it wasn't a hard decision to let them go after a while.

Yeah that was my take on it too. If I had time to cook, it'd be great but I just can't devote my entire evening to making a single day's meal.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Man oh man do I hope the rest of the year will involve Stuart Wellington walking through Hard Target 2 one scene at a time every two weeks

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    *wipes sweat from brow*

Christ, editing podcasts are a lot more difficult when one person's Audacity decides to only record when they're talking. That makes syncing audio difficult!

I think it's all good now, though!

Like....an individual track for every sentence?

Preferences -> Recording -> Sound Activated Recording

It's a thing. It has its uses but live recording is not one of them.

It keeps it all as one track, though, just pauses the recording when there's no signal.

You mean i wouldn't have to go back through and mute my nose whistling?

Hmmmmm

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    *wipes sweat from brow*

Christ, editing podcasts are a lot more difficult when one person's Audacity decides to only record when they're talking. That makes syncing audio difficult!

It keeps it all as one track, though, just pauses the recording when there's no signal.

Hmmmmm

I think you could use sound finder to get rid of that but you'd have to fiddle around a lot

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    new shenmue:

They only have one tire screech sound effect and they play it on every turn of this motorcycle sequence and I'm GOING INSANE

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    *wipes sweat from brow*

Hmmmmm

But, as mentioned, it ruins the syncing because it's pausing whenever you're not talking.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Lichtspeer looks really really cool

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Hey what app do y'all use for podcasts?

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    naekkw3r5elg.jpg

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

Pocket casts is the go to app for Android. 3 bucks but well worth it.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options

PocketCasts. One of the only apps I've ever paid money for and completely worth it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Griffin is the biggest goober in the land and I love it

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    PocketCasts also has syncing between the PC and mobile versions (you DO have to pay for them separately though). So you can go from listening to the first 20 minutes of a podcast on your phone, then switch to your PC when you get home and pick up exactly where you left off.

It has problems with changing RSS feeds though. It still hasn't picked up our Audio Entropy feed instead of our ShoutEngine feed. Might message the ShoutEngine guys again to see if they can fix it, I think they got confused by what I was asking last time because they were having other problems at the same time. From what I read, this is a problem specifically with PocketCasts being bad at stuff while most other stuff picks up the new feeds within a few days.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Thanks guys! I was using some shitty one that keeps messing up when I try to listen to adventure zone so I wanna swap to something better.

• Options
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    PocketCasts also has syncing between the PC and mobile versions (you DO have to pay for them separately though). So you can go from listening to the first 20 minutes of a podcast on your phone, then switch to your PC when you get home and pick up exactly where you left off.

It has problems with changing RSS feeds though. It still hasn't picked up our Audio Entropy feed instead of our ShoutEngine feed. Might message the ShoutEngine guys again to see if they can fix it, I think they got confused by what I was asking last time because they were having other problems at the same time. From what I read, this is a problem specifically with PocketCasts being bad at stuff while most other stuff picks up the new feeds within a few days.

Yeah you just have to enter the new Rss feed manually. It isn't too bad!

• Options

Yeah, but it would be nice to get the old feed updated with the redirect so that people who just search for the name of the podcast don't get a stale link.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular

For iOS I use Overcast.

• Options
    *wipes sweat from brow*

Hmmmmm

But, as mentioned, it ruins the syncing because it's pausing whenever you're not talking.

Sure, but ideally the other person and I aren't talking at the same time, so I could just find the gaps in their track and splice in the audio

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Butts

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options

Yeah, but it would be nice to get the old feed updated with the redirect so that people who just search for the name of the podcast don't get a stale link.

Oh that's true.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    More butts

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    *wipes sweat from brow*

Hmmmmm

Sure, but ideally the other person and I aren't talking at the same time, so I could just find the gaps in their track and splice in the audio. Feasible for my show, but not everyone's.

Ah but what if you are talking with yourself at the same time?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    What if you're trying to record Mongolian throat singing

• Options

That just seems like a nightmare, from an audio production standpoint. It's really hard to effectively individually mic a person twice.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

There's a reason it's only professionally recorded.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

hey if it helps them stay on track thats awesome

• Options
    edited October 2016
    I'm still super enjoying Sailor Business but I hope they're a little more positive about S

Chincymcchilla on
  • Options
    Between Robert Kirkman and John Gemberling, you could not pay me to listen to this CBB

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ... why would you invite Robert Kirkman on am improv comedy show

He is like the least funny human alive

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

"Hi I'm Robert Kirkman and this is my character, I call it 'Guy getting his intestines pulled out through his butthole'"

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    It would not surprise me if Robert Kirkman thinks Robert Kirkman is very funny.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    Between Robert Kirkman and John Gemberling, you could not pay me to listen to this CBB

wat up with gemberling ?

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    mr. G likes a slightly lower beastiality quotient in his pods, I believe

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    I didn't much care for Big Chunky Bubbles on last week's CBB

but

holy shit, PFT losing it off mic for the first two segments was amazing.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    What in the world is Giant Bomb streaming at 7 am on Wednesday

It must be the PS VR embargo?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    What in the world is Giant Bomb streaming at 7 am on Wednesday

It must be the PS VR embargo?

yes

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

He wasn't great on the CBB television show, either. Luckily, the other plotlines in the ep kept it pretty good.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    i swear the editing on these gets better and better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0whogQHs5Ow

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
This discussion has been closed.