Options

[Wrestling] WE LOVE CRUISERWEIGHTS! *CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Corgan all but said Dixie was stalling the sale.

I think she wants the company to go bankrupt now.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Corgan is hoping for another miracle for BFG to happen.

Fucking hell.

They're going under. Corgan needs weeks to make his plan work and he has a little over a day. WWE will just wait for it to go under because then they'll get it cheaper without having to pay off Dixie's debts

They spent so much with no return and it finally caught up to them

• Options
    Jesse Sorenson on how wonderful Dixie Carter is:

"- Jesse tells a story about a debter calling him for a payment of $50,000. He told the lady on the phone that he thought that the company was paying for it, and she had no idea what he was talking about.

- Dixie Carter and Bruce Prichard told him to send the bills to the office, which he did. But they kept getting sent back to him and his mom. His mom ended up losing her restaurant after filing bankruptcy when all was said and done.

- Says he was paid decently, around $30,000 a year. But it didn't come close to covering the medical bills. He says his checks were always late too. He also notes he had two other jobs during this time - waiting tables and managing a gym.

- He mentions that the restaurant he worked at was right next to Hogan's Beach Shop. It was embarrassing because wrestling fans would be there and notice him there and ask why he was waiting tables.

- Notes that most people in TNA had second jobs and most found that their "shoot" jobs paid better. Jesse says Dixie's excuse for the terrible pay is that people are "starting out," but Jesse doesn't feel people working for the No. 2 company in the world should have to work two or three jobs to get by.

- He gets annoyed when people assume he was making a fortune with TNA because he wasn't and needed three jobs to get by, deal with his medical bills, etc.

- When the firings started happening, Jesse recalls sitting in catering with the Hebners, and saying he was worried he'd get fired. They assured him TNA would never fire him due to all the bad press they'd get.

They fired him a few months later

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Noah is about to win the shambling undead husk foot race.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    "No. 2" Company in the world doesn't mean anything when the gulf is that wide.

Or when you're TNA.

• Options
    From Daniels and Kaz
    When asked about if they got their checks late, Daniels said that during Christmas time TNA was three weeks behind on his check and he did not receive it until two days before Christmas and that fucked up his account and at that point, had a less than ten bucks in his account. He then tells a story of the company tweeting James Storm giving the Red Cross a check for $2,500. Daniels then said that he called Gaburik after that and asked him how it looks when the company is promoting themselves as giving to charities while they are weeks behind paying their own employees. He said that Gaburik thought he was being "uncool" for commenting about the tweet and Daniels told him that he was not saying that he needs money more than a homeless person but rather pay your employees, especially around the holidays, before you promote yourself as a magnanimous organization. Kazarian then talks about his wife (Tracy Brooks) and how she was a friend of the girl in TNA who handled payroll and hounded her for updates and were told such excuses as the mail was lost, stolen, or never picked up at all. Kazarian then said a young guy came up to him and told him he had not gotten paid in months and was afraid to rock the boat and just kept quiet so Kazarian took it upon himself to help those guys out. Daniels also heard that Spike was late in paying TNA."

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Hideo is teaming with Ibushi during the 2016 Dustin Rhodes Tag Team Classic.

I'm excited about half of that tag team!

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Well that's a terrifyingly talented team

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Ibushi stop putting off your confrontation with Sasaki.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    kota ibushi is just stressing me out now

just

just fight kenny again, just do it kota ibushi

• Options
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

just

look sometimes it takes a while to admit your feelings okay?

• Options
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

just

He can do both.

• Options
    Besides, DAMNATION won the election so you know Daisuke Sasaki is gonna force the Golden Lovers to team up again against himself and Endo.

• Options
    Eddie Kingston, Heidi Lovelace, and Kimber Lee are getting a WWE tryouts.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Eddie Kingston, Kimber Lee, Shayna Bazier, Heidi Lovelace, and 3.0 were among the latest tryouts at the PC this week.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    TNA is on the balls of its ass and the thing TNAMecca cares about the most is how much they can blame Dave Meltzer

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there is a growing frustration within TNA, due to the feeling that Dixie Carter is making a mess of the TNA sale negotiations. One person close to the sale told the Obsever the following…

“There are a lot of hurdles and games being played. She (Dixie Carter) has really made a mess and is responsible for all of it.”

Another person stated the following…

“I thought Aroluxe had it late last week (this was when just days earlier Billy Corgan seemed to be the one most expected to get it). Then Saturday (9/24) I thought Billy won. Now I know the same BS is still going back-and-forth. She is something else. I’ve never met someone so clueless. She is out of touch on all levels. Both sides want her out. There is no doubt there. It’s the only thing they can agree on.”

Carter is the one who will make the decision as to who ends up with the company. While WWE was in the picture earlier in the week, they are now reportedly out again.

Maybe WWE is waiting for the bankruptcy proceedings.

I could also honestly see should Corgan pull off the miracle WWE coming to him and putting up a cash offer for the tape library. Billy is already on the record as saying he is basically going to start over and just wants the assets and contracts. He could easily sell off everything in the tape library before this year for a lump sum and use it to offset some of the debt.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    For those wondering no Don West doesn't come with the company

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    For those wondering no Don West doesn't come with the company

*withdraws bid*

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    If you missed my Clash of Champions post, behold! That leads us to:

Standings
    1 TNA'S New Mystery Owner 315
    2 Blankzilla 314
    3 CuvisTheConqueror 313
    3 Magell 313
    5 MyNameIsWalrus 308
    6 PwnanObrien 291
    7 Variable 286
    7 411Randle 286
    9 crwth 275
    9 Hjorvarthr 275
    11 Whittledown 272
    12 #FACEtious 271
    13 Nirya 267
    14 David_T 262
    14 The Betgirl 262
    16 Whippy 260
    17 SanderJK 258
    18 Skwigelf 257
    18 Grobian 257
    20 Nicopernicus 256
    21 JonJonJonJon 254
    21 Nothing 254
    23 Reynolds 251
    23 Goose! 251
    25 Nickle 249
    FULL STANDINGS HERE

Also included in the spreadsheet is a monthly report, where you can check your total for the two shows and brag, or see which brand you're better at. Wowza!

BUT DID YOU KNOW
    Blankzilla, who won September, was better at Smackdown?
    Of all players who participated in both shows, Nicopernicus, won the Raw show, and tanked Smackdown?
    The aforementioned Nicopernicus and Blankzilla are Mr. Raw and Smackdown, repsectively.
    Baroque And Roll and LBD_Nytetrayn are wonderfully mediocre!

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    CAN'T STOP WON'T STOP

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    oh shit tied for 9th ya boy is movin on up!!!

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Slowly but surely rising up through the midcard!

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I thought I did picks for Clash of Champions but I guess not

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Yaaay back in the top 25 woo

• Options
    Masamune42Masamune42 Registered User regular
    Well, I'm an idiot for not doing pick'ems for the first two shows, apparently.

• Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    I missed 4 PPVs. I'm gonna say that I was on the Injured Shoulder List.

• Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    I thought I did picks for Clash of Champions but I guess not

Your points were in Zellpher's row for some reason. Fixed.

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    NothingNothing ( •︵•) Registered User regular
    My coworkers are terrible at picks.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Hey I'm still in the middle groupings even though I forgot to submit for Backlash. I'm happy with that.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    The tag belts and Jericho have been screwing my points forever.

• Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    He's an anti vaxxer so he should just be jill stein's running mate

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    I will happily accept the title of Mr. Smackdown

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    LuFisto's new gimmick appears to be "THIS IS BULLSHIT, GIVE ME ALL YOUR BELTS!" and I think I like it.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Pretty damn good considering I stopped watching either weekly show

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    AzraithAzraith DON'T Registered User regular
    Hey I did okay! Woo! I don't have kids and I don't really need this but the same emotional impact applies!

kgefLUA.png
    Steam Live: Azraith PSN: AzraithDeMitri
  • Options
    Also I did better at Smackdown because Smackdown is telling better stories with more logical, satisfying developments whereas Raw has good moments but overall isn't nearly as compelling

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited September 2016
    DJ Eebs on
This discussion has been closed.