Options

[Wrestling] WE LOVE CRUISERWEIGHTS! *CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Just finished Chapter 7.
    ZSJ vs Jimmy Havoc was great, loved that Nigel McGuinness was the surprise guest referee! Havoc is really showing how he's progressed in his technical wrestling and is going to get a big win soon, I can feel it. Also, they mentioned during the 4-way elimination match that he's head trainer for Progress now? Good for him.

"Screw Indy Wrestling" is a GREAT team name. Loved Rampage Brown's turn, and that match was just nonstop fun. I also liked the stipulation that whoever scored the win in the match would get a title shot. Most of the matches seem to have a good amount of weight attached to them, which is awesome and makes everything so much more meaningful.

Andrews vs Ospreay, though. Oh my god, that was my favorite match from the promotion yet. I love how they're both known for high flying but that wasn't cutting it against each other so they had to just try to counter everything that the other person was doing. Those last few minutes were so damn intense. I was super happy that Andrews won of course, but, Will... :(

wait

whyyyyyy are they putting Jimmy in a hardcore match when he's trying to move on from those???

I've really been digging the overall presentation of the shows. It doesn't look dingy but at the same time there's nothing polished about it. It looks, for lack of a better term, real. The Win/Loss records shown during introductions are really helpful and an interesting thing to keep in mind during the matches. And I love the commentator. He doesn't try to do the job of two people, which I've noticed happens often with solo commentary. And his voice is so soothing.

hailtothekale on
  • Options
    InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I placed second in Pick 'ems?

what the fudge......?

Invectivus on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Man, Corgan sounded so defeated during his radio interview.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I am enjoying reading @hailtothekale's reactions to PROGRESS far too much. Especially knowing some of what's ahead.

I may have to find a way to watch the shows myself at some point..

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Went back and watched Ziggler and Miz's promo again. Holy shit, Miz stalking to the ring the second he hears he could retire Ziggler is just amazing heel work, and the way he leans forward like The Grinch as he clarifies and seals the deal is like Ziggler's negotiating with Old Scratch. I didn't think I'd be so invested in yet another Miz/Ziggler match, but goddamn am I locked in now.

I never thought I would care about the Miz.

His work since Wrestlemania has really turned me around, though. His in-ring has gotten better and he's been lighting mics on fire on the regular.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Just finished Chapter 7.
    ZSJ vs Jimmy Havoc was great, loved that Nigel McGuinness was the surprise guest referee! Havoc is really showing how he's progressed in his technical wrestling and is going to get a big win soon, I can feel it. Also, they mentioned during the 4-way elimination match that he's head trainer for Progress now? Good for him.

"Screw Indy Wrestling" is a GREAT team name. Loved Rampage Brown's turn, and that match was just nonstop fun. I also liked the stipulation that whoever scored the win in the match would get a title shot. Most of the matches seem to have a good amount of weight attached to them, which is awesome and makes everything so much more meaningful.

Andrews vs Ospreay, though. Oh my god, that was my favorite match from the promotion yet. I love how they're both known for high flying but that wasn't cutting it against each other so they had to just try to counter everything that the other person was doing. Those last few minutes were so damn intense. I was super happy that Andrews won of course, but, Will... :(

wait

whyyyyyy are they putting Jimmy in a hardcore match when he's trying to move on from those???

I've really been digging the overall presentation of the shows. It doesn't look dingy but at the same time there's nothing polished about it. It looks, for lack of a better term, real. The Win/Loss records shown during introductions are really helpful and an interesting thing to keep in mind during the matches. And I love the commentator. He doesn't try to do the job of two people, which I've noticed happens often with solo commentary. And his voice is so soothing.

About Jimmy:
    It is very important that you watch the youtube video that shows him interacting with Jim Smallman after Chapter 7 about his match with JD of the Riots.

Also I really miss the commentator who sounds a lot like the ring announcer but totally isn't. Like the commentary is much, much better now but there was a certain charm to the original set up.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    I always said jomo was the janetty

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    hell yeah right in the middle of the pick ems pack

right where i belong

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I'd watch marty janetty wrestle a dog, yeah

• Options
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    That's the one.

• Options
    Billy Corgan is scheduled to appear on ESPN's Dan Le Batard radio show at 11:30 AM tomorrow.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Man, Corgan sounded so defeated during his radio interview.

Yeah, his tone and his comments sounded very much like how Bischoff sounded when his attempt at getting WCW failed. Still holding out hope but knowing it won't work

I'd make a Heyman comparison but lol he never had one, he was off filming a movie when the talent found out he was broke and shit was over

• Options
    If it is over I wonder if Corgan comes clean about it tomorrow.

Or maybe he can't due to legal stuff.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

The Undertaker is royally annoyed with Shawn Michaels, and why wouldn't he be? Not only did HBK cost him the WWF Title, but rather than apologising, Michaels has clocked Taker round the head with chairs repeatedly, forming his own little group along the way, and in Episode 72 of 'The New Generation Project Podcast' we take a look at their first PPV match against each other at "Ground Zero: In Your House".

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I wasn't last! Yay!

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »

i was always all about the miz in that duo

he actually had a character than "jim morrison with abs"

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I am really hoping we can restart the Hatewatch.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular

no, but like, some really really good abs

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    please do not disparage the prince of parkour

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I'm honestly surprised aj doesn't own a copy of Russell Madness

I would have heard about it by now if he did

• Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Just finished Chapter 7.

wait

About Jimmy:
    It is very important that you watch the youtube video that shows him interacting with Jim Smallman after Chapter 7 about his match with JD of the Riots.

Also I really miss the commentator who sounds a lot like the ring announcer but totally isn't. Like the commentary is much, much better now but there was a certain charm to the original set up.

yeah I totally thought it was the same guy at first
    I did watch the video! That's why I'm like, come on Smallman, why are you doing this? I mean, I know why, the Riots have been complete assholes and he wants them to get the crap beaten out of them. But it's so counterproductive to everything Jimmy's been working towards. And also there's that contract that Jimmy had him sign. The storytelling is SO good and intriguing.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    I'd watch marty janetty wrestle a dog, yeah

Russell Madness 2

Just remembered that I have Russell Madness. Should watch it one day.

hailtothekale on
  • Options
    Radius wrote: »

no, but like, some really really good abs

This is my favourite post in a while.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there is a growing frustration within TNA, due to the feeling that Dixie Carter is making a mess of the TNA sale negotiations. One person close to the sale told the Obsever the following…

“There are a lot of hurdles and games being played. She (Dixie Carter) has really made a mess and is responsible for all of it.”

Another person stated the following…

“I thought Aroluxe had it late last week (this was when just days earlier Billy Corgan seemed to be the one most expected to get it). Then Saturday (9/24) I thought Billy won. Now I know the same BS is still going back-and-forth. She is something else. I’ve never met someone so clueless. She is out of touch on all levels. Both sides want her out. There is no doubt there. It’s the only thing they can agree on.”

Carter is the one who will make the decision as to who ends up with the company. While WWE was in the picture earlier in the week, they are now reportedly out again.

Maybe WWE is waiting for the bankruptcy proceedings.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    That probably would be the best for them no? They can always sign whoever they're interested in separately, and probably for way less than what their contracts are worth, and could easily pick up the tape library for comparatively nothing.

• Options
    Apparently a ton of wrestlers are leaving AAA due to pay issues.

• Options
    According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there is a growing frustration within TNA, due to the feeling that Dixie Carter is making a mess of the TNA sale negotiations. One person close to the sale told the Obsever the following…

“There are a lot of hurdles and games being played. She (Dixie Carter) has really made a mess and is responsible for all of it.”

Another person stated the following…

“I thought Aroluxe had it late last week (this was when just days earlier Billy Corgan seemed to be the one most expected to get it). Then Saturday (9/24) I thought Billy won. Now I know the same BS is still going back-and-forth. She is something else. I’ve never met someone so clueless. She is out of touch on all levels. Both sides want her out. There is no doubt there. It’s the only thing they can agree on.”

Carter is the one who will make the decision as to who ends up with the company. While WWE was in the picture earlier in the week, they are now reportedly out again.

Maybe WWE is waiting for the bankruptcy proceedings.

Wait. You're telling me Dixie Carter doesn't know what she's doing? I'm shocked. SHOCKED!

• Options
    If BFG does happen Drew Galloway may miss it due to injury. He was set to face Sandow.

• Options
    NXT’s viewership on WWE Network has gone way down. At press time, the top ten most requested shows on VOD were: 1. Clash of Champions; 2. Ride Along with Michael Cole, JBL and Byron Saxton plus Ric Flair & Charlotte; 3. Clash of Champions per-show; 4. Table for three with Big Show, Kane and Mark Henry; 5. JBL interviews Kevin Nash & Scott Hall; 6. Clash of Champions in the German language (the first time a foreign language show made the top ten); 7. Backlash; 8. Ride Along with Enzo & Cass and the Dudleys; 9. NXT; 10. Ride Along with Styles, Anderson & Gallows and Jericho & Henry

That's not a very good trend.

• Options
    NXT’s viewership on WWE Network has gone way down. At press time, the top ten most requested shows on VOD were: 1. Clash of Champions; 2. Ride Along with Michael Cole, JBL and Byron Saxton plus Ric Flair & Charlotte; 3. Clash of Champions per-show; 4. Table for three with Big Show, Kane and Mark Henry; 5. JBL interviews Kevin Nash & Scott Hall; 6. Clash of Champions in the German language (the first time a foreign language show made the top ten); 7. Backlash; 8. Ride Along with Enzo & Cass and the Dudleys; 9. NXT; 10. Ride Along with Styles, Anderson & Gallows and Jericho & Henry

Was there a reason given for the German one specifically getting so many views? I'm genuinely curious.

• Options

Was there a reason given for the German one specifically getting so many views? I'm genuinely curious.

Germans love David Hassl... er... WWE.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    It'd be a mess of data for WWE to release but I'd love to see what the top 10 most popular network shows are in various countries.

Like, is the original content such as "Ride Along" mostly popular just among English-speaking fans? I'm also really curious to see how the CWC did with international viewers.

hailtothekale on
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular

It's not a terribly surprising one, though. NXT's still rebuilding from all the call-ups. And frankly, there really aren't many super compelling things going on there right now. The men's upper card is entirely comprised of Joe and Nakamura. Asuka is so far above every other woman on the show that it's going to take months to build up a credible challenger, much less anyone you could see taking the title from her. And the tag division is three teams: the Revival, DIY, and the Authors of Pain (who are still in their squash matches buildup phase).

The rest is aimless midcard feuds with Itami, Aries, Roode, Jose, and Almas. Maybe the Dusty will goose things a little? Maybe bringing in the CWC guys will help? Who knows at this point.

• Options
    NXT was probably hurt by CWC being fucking awesome and the fact that they are rebuilding NXT's roster, there have been quite a few jobber matches on recent shows.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Eh, it probably has more to do with everyone's favorites moving on the main shows and RAW and SD being better now

People were attached to Sami, Finn, Sasha, Bayley etc.

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Corgan is hoping for another miracle for BFG to happen.

Fucking hell.

• Options
    NXT's weekly shows have also just kind of been time-filler between Takeovers for a while. Finn's title reign was pretty uneventful and repetitive in regards to challengers. Bayley and Sasha's feud was the main story that kept things going post-Brooklyn 2015 and that wrapped up completely last autumn.

They have plenty of solo "star power" in regards to names (Nakamura, Samoa Joe, Asuka, Aries, Roode) but haven't done a whole lot of character development with them. And in the cases of Asuka, Joe, and Nakamura, it's not really a timing thing because they're not fresh arrivals.

This discussion has been closed.