Options

[Wrestling] WE LOVE CRUISERWEIGHTS! *CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*

• Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    I think that is more people end running around Vince at this point.

Also if you're in Orlando want to see the train crash from the engine they are selling VIP Packages for Bound For Glory for the astounding price of $129

http://shoptna.com/bound-for-glory-vip-package.aspx

• Options
    Masamune42Masamune42 Registered User regular
    Tied for fifth? Damn it. At least I haven't slid back into the mid-card yet, but I can't get back to the top of the card.

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    From my worst ever pick 'em to my best ever finish. Woo!

• Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    As soon as I saw it was Big-E and Kofi I knew my Pick-ems were going to tank hard. I got to stop picking with my hopeful heart and pick with a cold dead one.

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    tied with crwth again

what the hell

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    oh no my hubris

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    Firmly in the upper mid again. I don't even remember my picks half the time.

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Yeah, WWE is doing very well as a company. They're the giant of the industry, that isn't and shouldn't be surprising. Their profits rising even while wrestling lacks the mainstream attention it once had is literally business as usual.

Considering how wrestling isn't nearly as popular as it was decades ago, I personally find it much more impressive to see how many other indie and minor companies have managed to sustain themselves and even grow in the current environment.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I like the Usos just wrestling in regular goddamn clothes

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    do you like dean doing it

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    crwth wrote: »
    do you like dean doing it
    No he needs to wrestle in gross gutter clothes

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    but that's luke harper's gimmick

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Ganderson kept me from breaking 40. Really thought they were going to win that time for some ungodly reason.

• Options
    No Luke is wearing gross dump clothes, there's a difference

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Goddamn, Cena, that Talking Smack promo.

What was that, 4 different jawdropper promos in one night?

That and Orton getting all creepy. Smackdown is just kicking Raw's ass right now.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Well, at least I beat Nirya.

Metaxa is killing my picks.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    The irony, of course, was that Metaxa went with TJ Perkins instead of his CWC pick THE Brian Kendrick.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna get released soon. Fuck.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    So if TNA does go away that leaves ROH as the only major easy access alternative.

And they outlived TNA.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Oh and LU if you have ERN.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    With yesterday’s news that Monday Night Raw had reached a new all-time low in terms of ratings, what better time than now to revisit the highest-rated segment in not only the history of Raw or in the history of WWE, but the history of televised professional wrestling?

The night was June 28, 1999, and Stone Cold Steve Austin was coming after The Undertaker for the WWF Championship, a belt Austin won for the third time at WrestleMania XV earlier in the year before having it wrenched away from him in the main event of Over the Edge 1999 (a title change overshadowed by Owen Hart’s fatal accident earlier in the night). The two met inside Charlotte, North Carolina’s Charlotte Coliseum for a clash that resulted in the Texas Rattlesnake capturing his fourth title after delivering two straight Stone Cold Stunners to Taker (and a swift punch to the face of Paul Bearer). The match pulled in an astounding 9.5 rating (which translated at the time to 10.72 million viewers), making it the highest-rated segment in pro wrestling history, despite what Vince Russo repeatedly claims about Mankind and The Rock’s “This Is Your Life” segment (which drew an 8.4 quarter-hour).

Overall, Raw pulled in a 6.8 share for their broadcast that night — nearly double that of WCW Nitro, which earned a 3.6 share. What was Nitro’s counter-programming to Austin/Taker, you ask? Why, a lumberjack match between WCW Champion Kevin Nash and David Flair that ended with a bunch of people being tasered and Nash physically taking a woman against her will. Watch if you dare.

I thought This is Your Life was the highest as well. At least the highest ever was an actual wrestling match and not Russo bullshit.

Holy moly, I am getting old -- I can't even remember if I attended that show or not.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Mick had an awesome promo on Raw

Miz had an awesome promo on Smackdown

I wish they could cross paths

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Clash of Champions:
    New Day and Jericho winning were big swings for most players. 4 brave souls foresaw neither an Irish or a Swiss man could count to 4. Or 7.
    Nicopernicus 56
    Invectivus 47
    Legacy 47
    Reynolds 47
    David_T 46
    Masamune42 46
    wirehead26 46
    Azraith 44
    Dyvim Tvar 44
    MyNameIsWalrus 44
    Skwigelf 44
    SanderJK 43
    Blaze_zero 42
    CuvisTheConqueror 42
    #FACEtious 41
    Goose! 41
    Grobian 41
    Shadowen 41
    411Randle 40
    crwth 40
    Dehumanized 40
    Hjorvarthr 40
    PwnanObrien 40
    Radius 40
    Blankzilla 39
    Cello 39
    Never Die 39
    Magell 38
    Psychotic One 38
    AlphaRomero 37
    hailtothekale 37
    Matev 37
    ChillyWilly 36
    Whippy 35
    Bloodsheed 33
    CorporateRed 33
    Evil Badman 33
    geeeeeeeeebs 33
    JonJonJonJon 33
    Nickle 33
    The Betgirl 33
    Variable 33
    Crippl3 31
    Sprout 31
    Dex Dynamo 30
    Dragonsama 30
    Nirya 30
    Nothing 30
    Whittledown 30
    Geddoe 27
    Turambar 27
    Baroque And Roll 24
    Cssthegr8 24
    LBD_Nytetrayn 24
    Xehalus 24
    UnbreakableVow 21
    Lasbrook 17 [/spoilers]

The best showing I've had since I started playing.

I'm really shit at this. Haha

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    No Luke is wearing gross dump clothes, there's a difference

Now I really want to see an Ambrose/Harper tag team where they're both just gross and disgusting and no one wants to touch them.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Okay guys I'm watching Smash wrestling vs Progress wrestling night 1 even though I already said Smash was awful, and there is some important things you need to know from the opening minute:

The first guy out is Scotty O'Shea (no relation to Rick) whose full name is "The Hacker Scotty O'Shea", and you can tell he's a hacker because he's wearing a gas mask, has a bunch of neon on his singlet and is carrying a keyboard.
    On night 2 he is apparently going to be wrestling Brett Banks in a "fans bring the keyboards" match. I'm officially back on board the "Smash is actually brilliant" train.

Edit 1: The neon on his singlet is a circuit design. This is fucking brilliant.

Edit 2: Incredibly bland commentary guy #1 just said "Kitchen sink by O'Shea, now he's used everything." BAFTA!

Dyvim Tvar on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I've been going from like almost-the-top to garbage picks. as of last tally I was in 6th I think so hopefully I didn't drop too far

I am so mad at myself for changing my jericho pick. there's wondering and questioning but I was so damn sure, I had the styles match on my mind (I even mentioned it in the thread after the zayn match ended) but for some reason I swung my answer at the last second. boooooooo

so anyway, I can't believe how much carmella is delivering. her + the realest guys might be the best performers right out of the gate from NXT.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    cena is amazing on smacktalk this week. god I can't believe how much I lvoe this dude considering how I felt when I started watching again.

• Options
    The building this Smash show is in is so warm that Mark Andrews' hair has achieved maximum floppiness inside the first five minutes.
    I feel sorry for everybody wrestling on this card.

Also somebody is trying to get a "The referee's a wanker" chant going and I don't think he realises he's not in England anymore.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Ember Moon: still dope, if anyone was wondering. I kind of thought her bleeding from the mouth in the postmatch stuff enhanced her whole thing, but that could just be something that reflects poorly on me.

• Options
    Veda Scott is cutting a promo about the CANUSA classic, she is wearing a t-shirt with a bald eagle in front of a US flag and calling herself "The Most American American".
    "This is where the fireworks would happen, if I wasn't afraid of them." This woman is a fucking national treasure!

Now it's Evil Uno vs El Ligero. Evil Uno has no idea what he's in for, nobody can out shitlord El Ligero!

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Well, time to watch Liv Morgan's public execution.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    That's terrible news. Colchester is both a shit hole and also a shit hole that is way too far away for me to travel to just to see Manami Toyota.

Shocking twist in the Smash show, El Ligero just popped a face turn with his pre-prepared statement about his flight that included "all babies should be stored in the overhead baggage compartment".

• Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    That's terrible news. Colchester is both a shit hole and also a shit hole that is way too far away for me to travel to just to see Manami Toyota.

Shocking twist in the Smash show, El Ligero just popped a face turn with his pre-prepared statement about his flight that included "all babies should be stored in the overhead baggage compartment".

Hornswaggle isn't enough to get you there?

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Hideo's ongoing quest to beat all the CWC competitors is one of my favorite things in NXT right now.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Okay last post about this I swear, but this match is amazing and everybody should watch it.
    Evil Uno went under the ring to avoid a dive, so Ligero went under the opposite side and then nothing. The referee starts the count out and at 8 both guys emerge from opposite ends of the ring, only now they've swapped masks. And the referee makes them switch back because it's too confusing.
    Match of the fucking year.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Wrestling Inc reports that according to a “veteran TNA talent,” everyone in TNA is nervous about the company’s impending sale. The situation is described as a “new level of concern” above and beyond the usual uncertainty about the company’s status.

Several wrestlers who were booked for next week’s Impact tapings have had their flights and matches canceled, with the aforementioned sorce saying he wasn’t even sure if he would be on the Bound For Glory card because the company was trying to save as much money as possible.

This really might be the end

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Went back and watched Ziggler and Miz's promo again. Holy shit, Miz stalking to the ring the second he hears he could retire Ziggler is just amazing heel work, and the way he leans forward like The Grinch as he clarifies and seals the deal is like Ziggler's negotiating with Old Scratch. I didn't think I'd be so invested in yet another Miz/Ziggler match, but goddamn am I locked in now.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    My friend just met miz in California! Saw him at a restaurant. He got a pic after I went nuts about how good he's been and how he's evidence of working hard to follow a dream. He doesn't watch wrestling. Hopefully didn't annoy him haha but his story made it sound natural.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.