Options

Startling Stories on the Silver Screen [Movies]

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Warcraft would have been 100% better without the human cast.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    God I just

I hate All Star Batman and Robin so fucking much

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    If I was ever going to fight AJ I'd lather myself up in pig's blood and the floor would be slick with pork grease and my hands would be wrapped with ham & bacon.

I'd be a Mega Man villain all the way through.

hy2o8jpl14r2.jpg

Was Frank Miller ever good? Or was he always bad and we just didn't notice until a certain point.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Frank Miller absolutely wrote some amazing stories back in the day

I was actually kind of blown away by how good Daredevil: Born Again was

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    That page is perfect and it's a shame his other stuff is so abhorrent.

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    If I was ever going to fight AJ I'd lather myself up in pig's blood and the floor would be slick with pork grease and my hands would be wrapped with ham & bacon.

hy2o8jpl14r2.jpg

Was Frank Miller ever good? Or was he always bad and we just didn't notice until a certain point.

Looking back on his old work knowing what I know now makes it nearly impossible to enjoy.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    Warcraft would have been 100% better without the human cast.

It would be a lot better if it just slowed down and took its time. I swear each scene in this movie is 30 seconds long, then it's off to the next place.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    GR_Zombie wrote: »

hy2o8jpl14r2.jpg

Looking back on his old work knowing what I know now makes it nearly impossible to enjoy.

I know, I have Batman: Year One and it's great. I just enjoy taking the piss out of Frank Miller's modern work.

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Miller had his moments, long ago

.....Stilllllllllllllllll couldn't write a story without degrading sex workers in some way though

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Gonna be honest, I really want to cosplay as that Batman.

Painted yellow, walking around with lemonade, being a huge asshole.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Why in the world is Batman all yellow anyway

Did he adopt a monkey

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Because it's GL's weakness, I assume

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    God I just

all star batman and robin is my favorite batman comic

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I saw Don't Think Twice today

It was really good!

I was a bit worried because I didn't like Sleepwalk With Me

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Bought the Popstar blu-ray, a little sad they aren't streaming it thru my dishwasher tho

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    God I just

This is the least surprising thing you've ever said.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Seems like no one is surprised by ol' Rorshach Kringle these days.

• Options
    ChicoBlue wrote: »

There's only so many times you can feign a surprised face when getting objectivist coal in your stalking.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    God I just

This is the least surprising thing you've ever said.

i just love his supporting cast more

brubaker/pfieffer catwoman, gotham central, chuck dixons robin? all in my top ten favorite dc comics of all time.

batman, himself, is boring to me in comic form.

so crazy asshole all star batman is my jam because it feels like a thirteen year old's argument for why batman is cool made a character

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Bruce Wayne is such a boring character to me that I can at least appreciate going for emotionally stunted manchild.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    This just reminds me of... I think it was @Jordyn's? argument for loving Tony Stark in Civil War

Neither of you are wrong in your descriptions

It's just wrong to love it so

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options

There's only so many times you can feign a surprised face when getting objectivist coal in your stalking.

really hope this is not a typo

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options

really hope this is not a typo

I'll allow it.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    This just reminds me of... I think it was @Jordyn's? argument for loving Tony Stark in Civil War

wait

i'm not supposed to love the hero of captain america: civil war????

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    This just reminds me of... I think it was Jordyn's? argument for loving Tony Stark in Civil War

wait

Oh thank God, I thought it was just me an Zonugal repping Tony

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »
    This just reminds me of... I think it was Jordyn's? argument for loving Tony Stark in Civil War

wait

Oh thank God, I thought it was just me an Zonugal repping Tony

i been team tony since day one

cap was an irresponsible jerk that whole damn movie

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Even ignoring internal logic Cap is committing movie treason by allowing Bucky to be in more movies.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Nah, Bucky's fine.

Bucky plus Falcon as begrudged bros is also fantastic.

• Options
    i love how instead of giving bucky a character after cap rescued him, he just became stock quipy guy number three

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Bucky is one of the biggest yawns in the MCU.

And this is a universe with Malekith and Ronan.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    i love how instead of giving bucky a character after cap rescued him, he just became stock quipy guy number three

And Falcon is already the better quippy wingman so Bucky's not even useful in that role

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Listen get Cap and Bucky to kiss and I'll open at least one ear to it.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'm not going to hang around and listen to this crap

• Options

And Falcon is already the better quippy wingman so Bucky's not even useful in that role

Hell with Falcon, Ant Man, and Spider-Man all doing ten thousand percent better with less combined material it's even more egregious.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options

Hell with Falcon, Ant Man, and Spider-Man all doing ten thousand percent better with less combined material it's even more egregious.

It certainly helps that Ant-Man's version of quipping is being a really earnest goofball

Which is VERY different from basically every other character in the MCU

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    And he doesn't even have bad 90's nu rock hair to make us realize he's sad.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Bucky is good and Bucky just wants to go home

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I'm not going to hang around and listen to this crap

It's okay GG.

We can hang out and rest well knowing that we aren't on Team Unbearable Asshole.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    "I've got guilt about being a giant asshole but I'm not going to stop being a giant asshole, I'm just going to keep on making bad decisions and forcing them on others!" -Tony Stark
    I actually think that Tony Stark's character in the movies has some interesting narrative elements that can be ascribed to a person dealing with major PTSD, and I don't really hate him, but clearly this thread is a place for Terrible Opinions, so there y'all go.

E:
    But for real Tony Stark in the Civil War comics is THE WORST and the Civil War comics themselves are ALSO THE WORST to the point that they made me quit comics for a while

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Maybe Tony can try defending the world without developing a weapons system that is inevitably turned against him?

Seriously, this happens to him in every movie.

All I'm saying is that you don't see Cap's shield trying to drop fictional countries out of the sky.

[IMG][/img]
This discussion has been closed.