Always the backup, never the [chat]

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    No, like my brain grinds to a halt when faced with multipart mathematics

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/22327618#Comment_22327618

this is how you used to land on the moon in kerbal space program before they had fancy shmancy lander legs and whatnot

you're triggering me by linking a post above nergasmic's

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Pokemon Red and Blue come so close to having perfect synchronization

For those who never played, the main gimmick of having two releases is because not all 150 pokemon are present in a single game. For example in a field in Red you might get an Ekans, but in Blue the same field would yield Vulpix

So in that way it encourages you to trade with someone of the other colour in order to fill out your Pokedex.

And there are a couple of choices which underline this! You can choose Hitmonlee and your friend choses Hitmonchan and then you swap together! You choose Kabuto and your friend Praises Helix, and you swap to fill out! Great!

Except for the three-way choices that exist, namely the choice of starter and which evolution to apply to Eevee. Because these are tenary and not binary choices, a Red and Blue collaborating together can only expect to have 148 Pokemon in their Pokedex, unless one chooses to start from the beginning again.

Feels like a hairline fracture in the logic of trading between the games.
    Also, I thought you could only catch one of the Legendaries per playthrough.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Everybody is actually only pretending to know how to do math.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    try to aim for where the moon thinks you'll never find it

If I'm going to catch the Moon

I have to think like a moon

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    awwww nerdgasmic and _J_

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

For those who never played, the main gimmick of having two releases is because not all 150 pokemon are present in a single game. For example in a field in Red you might get an Ekans, but in Blue the same field would yield Vulpix

So in that way it encourages you to trade with someone of the other colour in order to fill out your Pokedex.

And there are a couple of choices which underline this! You can choose Hitmonlee and your friend choses Hitmonchan and then you swap together! You choose Kabuto and your friend Praises Helix, and you swap to fill out! Great!

Except for the three-way choices that exist, namely the choice of starter and which evolution to apply to Eevee. Because these are tenary and not binary choices, a Red and Blue collaborating together can only expect to have 148 Pokemon in their Pokedex, unless one chooses to start from the beginning again.

Actually no, you can capture all three. It's just hard as (poke)balls. Unless you MissingNo Glitch a bunch of Masterballs

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Last night the gf noticed a stain on her shirt and said "this is the second time in as many days! I'm having a lot of trouble with grease."

And i replied "You better shape up, hoo hoo hooooo" (in key)

And she spat her water all over her script

Victory

• Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

Actually no, you can capture all three. It's just hard as (poke)balls. Unless you MissingNo Glitch a bunch of Masterballs

I was just talking to hakks today about how I did this and spammed rare candy to evolve everything so I didn't have to grind exp

I did end up getting all 150 tho!

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    @simonwolf look at this border gore.

FKuNQqu.jpg

Middle Francia has renamed itself Austrasia because it is controlled by a Capet, and it mostly holds southwestern territory.

West Francia is all mixed up with Austrasia, but mostly holds the northern coast.

East Francia is a fairly solid block of eastern land, at least.

Burgundy used to be a big player, but it's still hanging in there with a few counties.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    ideally you would slow down before physically reaching the moon though

this is how you used to land on the moon in kerbal space program before they had fancy shmancy lander legs and whatnot

i wonder what nerdgasmic is up to these days

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I picked up Mad Max and started playing it since I was up at 7 and what else am I going to do, not be a useless piece of shit and play all these video games???

I'm already removing a star from my review because they aren't pronouncing "Dinki-Di" correctly

• Options
    My brother accidentally saved over my pretty advanced game. And I was surprisingly chill about it. Because it allowed me to send him a Bulbasaur and a Charmander which I would then reclaim with my new Squirtle run.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I just recalled a book food thing

In The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, Edmund is tempted by the White Witch with promises of his favorite candy, Turkish Delight.

Imagine my disappointment when I found out it was basically just those nasty-ass gelatin cubes covered in powdered sugar. Fucking Applets and Cotlets.

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Game the baby her first chocolate chip cookie

14322582_10207461821047568_4600054693541615859_n.jpg?oh=9b2b9d85224f8548a8651353593e4ab5&oe=583A0EBB
    14332928_10207461821567581_6878414735956955997_n.jpg?oh=6223f39f6b864f72d832c8f4dd550666&oe=586E7F11

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    kedinik wrote: »
    @simonwolf look at this border gore.

FKuNQqu.jpg

Middle Francia has renamed itself Austrasia because it is controlled by a Capet, and it mostly holds southwestern territory.

West Francia is all mixed up with Austrasia, but mostly holds the northern coast.

Burgundy used to be a big player, but it's still hanging in there with a few counties.

Make Gaul Great Again

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

probably at least 16

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

I don't believe in a heaven and hell, world in opposites kind of reality.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    look at this border gore.

FKuNQqu.jpg

I'm screaming

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    also wasnt _j_ the guy who thought he could fend off attack dogs with his bare hands?

919UOwT.png
  • Options

His implosion made me sad. I hope he's doing better.

• Options
    My brother accidentally saved over my pretty advanced game. And I was surprisingly chill about it. Because it allowed me to send him a Bulbasaur and a Charmander which I would then reclaim with my new Squirtle run.

that was another thing, you had to trade back and forth to get every evolution of the first three in your pokedex

man how the shit did I do that?

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

In The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, Edmund is tempted by the White Witch with promises of his F pore candy, Turkish Delight.

Imagine my disappointment when I found out it was basically just those nasty-ass gelatin cubes covered in powdered sugar. Fucking Applets and Cotlets.

that's what happens to kids who don't have halloween or school baseball concession stands

poor sheltered bastards

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »

In The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, Edmund is tempted by the White Witch with promises of his F pore candy, Turkish Delight.

To a wartime yoof on rationing sugared anything must have been a delight

Also magic

• Options
    That Timmy's cookie tho

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    also wasnt _j_ the guy who thought he could fend off attack dogs with his bare hands?

Hahaha what

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    try to aim for where the moon thinks you'll never find it

If I'm going to catch the Moon

I have to think like a moon

aim for where the diamonds are hidden, narwhal

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    you know what would be awesome

if the flow of blood from my cooter could be stopped somehow

it's 2012 make it happen science
    *nods*

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Whaaaaat

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I need to restart KSP on a lower difficulty. The contract system is dumb, half the contracts are for plane stuff which you can't unlock for a long time.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i've got one of those bumps in my beard that you just know is going to contain one of those black as night hairs sheathed in a fine casing of clear pus and it might be the most exciting thing that's happened to me all week

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Game the baby her first chocolate chip cookie

14322582_10207461821047568_4600054693541615859_n.jpg?oh=9b2b9d85224f8548a8651353593e4ab5&oe=583A0EBB
    14332928_10207461821567581_6878414735956955997_n.jpg?oh=6223f39f6b864f72d832c8f4dd550666&oe=586E7F11

Hooray bab-chan!

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ivGNZs_Mvw

A tool assisted speedrun of two games getting all 150 pokemon without glitch abuse

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

I actually thought of this today when I heard on the local news that a deputy sherrif or something got called in to deal with a complaint about some dogs and it was 5 pitbulls and they fucked her up : (

• Options
    Update:

I hit the moon because I am a god

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    i've got one of those bumps in my beard that you just know is going to contain one of those black as night hairs sheathed in a fine casing of clear pus and it might be the most exciting thing that's happened to me all week

a little shiver just ran down dk's back

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

That's a lie, your wicked awful shits was way more exciting.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    At 7’1”, 400 pounds, lineman Brave Williams is a big dude.

The senior at Lake Shore High School in Angola, New York, is taller and heavier than any player currently on an NFL roster, according to MaxPreps’ Lynden Ostrander.

"I've been bigger than everybody my entire life," Williams told Ostrander. "In kindergarten, I was already 5’3” and towered over everyone."

Williams reportedly picked up football just three years ago, and he started three games at nose tackle last season. He also played on the varsity basketball team (presumably at center).

Still raw, Williams is clearly a physical monster. He told Ostrander “his workouts include squats of 1,000 pounds three times and bench presses of 200 pounds 20 times.”

Williams has not received a scholarship offer yet, but he hopes to earn one this season.

omy

This discussion has been closed.