Options

Always the backup, never the [chat]

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i've got one of those bumps in my beard that you just know is going to contain one of those black as night hairs sheathed in a fine casing of clear pus and it might be the most exciting thing that's happened to me all week

A few cubic millimeters of whitish waxy pus that smells like Parmesan cheese.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i've got one of those bumps in my beard that you just know is going to contain one of those black as night hairs sheathed in a fine casing of clear pus and it might be the most exciting thing that's happened to me all week

a little shiver just ran down dk's back

i feel like i should have tagged @Donkey Kong and maybe @Ludious as a courtesy

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    I need to restart KSP on a lower difficulty. The contract system is dumb, half the contracts are for plane stuff which you can't unlock for a long time.

Vanilla KSP does try to get you into designing planes

Which I have zero interest in

Kerbal Plane Program?

No sir.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    lcsv29mpabsu.jpg

America.

Short Pump, VA, beats Beaverdam and Bumpass. Interesting.

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Update:

I hit the moon because I am a god

Narwhal For NASA

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular

brian

too soon

sorry man i had just gotten back from gym, not really paying attention just kinda riding the posts as i see them

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    also wasnt _j_ the guy who thought he could fend off attack dogs with his bare hands?

YESSS hahaha

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/3676588#Comment_3676588

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    lcsv29mpabsu.jpg

America.

cozy corner?????

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Update:

I hit the moon because I am a god

*whispers into his hand radio*

We've got the diamonds, take him into custody!

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    trying to get this girl to trade me amari cooper for my kelvin benjamin

i feel like it's an equal trade that benefits both of us, she has too many raiders and i have too many panthers

but man people in my office just WONT trust me when i make trade offers what the hell

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Haha Butts is a town

That's awesome

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    lcsv29mpabsu.jpg

America.

Sorry, NY has Coxsackie. If Coxsackie can't win NY, I wonder what other egregious errors were made in this list.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    also wasnt _j_ the guy who thought he could fend off attack dogs with his bare hands?

YESSS hahaha

A decade seems like a long time to remember a dumb post.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Having been to at least two different Bangors in my time, I never considered their peverse potential

But if that's the best Maine's got, wow Maine is timid.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    but man people in my office just WONT trust me

imagine

that

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Man I want to live in Brohard.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Pokemon Red and Blue come so close to having perfect synchronization

For those who never played, the main gimmick of having two releases is because not all 150 pokemon are present in a single game. For example in a field in Red you might get an Ekans, but in Blue the same field would yield Vulpix

So in that way it encourages you to trade with someone of the other colour in order to fill out your Pokedex.

And there are a couple of choices which underline this! You can choose Hitmonlee and your friend choses Hitmonchan and then you swap together! You choose Kabuto and your friend Praises Helix, and you swap to fill out! Great!

Except for the three-way choices that exist, namely the choice of starter and which evolution to apply to Eevee. Because these are tenary and not binary choices, a Red and Blue collaborating together can only expect to have 148 Pokemon in their Pokedex, unless one chooses to start from the beginning again.

Feels like a hairline fracture in the logic of trading between the games.
    Also, I thought you could only catch one of the Legendaries per playthrough.

No you can get all 3 legendary birds and Mewtwo in one playthrough. Eevee is the only tricky one.

Luckily you can actually glitch the game to make any pokemon spawn without damaging your save file. So I cheated and made a glitched eevee which I caught and evolved. Now I have 151! (Caught Mew the same way)

Everything else I got legit, including all those motherfucking safari zone pokemon. I got 'em all back in the day on an actual gameboy cart and actually managed to trade to complete the dex for eevees so I don't feel bad at all about doing this for 3ds.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    lcsv29mpabsu.jpg

America.

Brohard sounds like a movie title. Brohard II: Bro Harder and Brohard with a Vengeance being the sequels.

• Options
    lcsv29mpabsu.jpg

America.

cozy corner?????

vermont is a state steeped heavily in ribald innuendo

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Nintendo should put their Virtual Console on the PSN just to make the Internet Explode.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    trying to get this girl to trade me amari cooper for my kelvin benjamin

i feel like it's an equal trade that benefits both of us, she has too many raiders and i have too many panthers

but man people in my office just WONT trust me when i make trade offers what the hell

i wonder, ebrian. I wonder.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Lastly, in the spirit of the age this game represents, the real challenge is for the backers. We are going on a journey together. We're going to explore a new design space and create a new game. Once you pledge, you join our viking band and step aboard our ship. While on this journey, I will brook no complaints. None. No questioning our ability to deliver, no nervously asking where your package is, no second guessing our decisions of what to do with the game. Either you are onboard with us as we sail to new lands, or you are not. It is that simple.

Well that's certainly a way to deal with Kickstarter backers. Disappointed it wasn't in full wizard voice, though.

vanguard jacobkosh Thomamelas

@simonwolf

No wizard voice, more than a hint of crazy though.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

YESSS hahaha

A decade seems like a long time to remember a dumb post.

it was a pretty dumb post

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Hawaii is into some weird uh... shit.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    try to aim for where the moon thinks you'll never find it

out-Yomi the moon

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Beaver City, NE is not as fun as it sounds.

• Options
    I am going to drink mad beers tonight I think

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    That J page has a number of now-banned regulars scattered over it. Fallen [chat]ters, whose memory lives on, kinda.

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    Man I want to live in Brohard.

:bro:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Also, everything I want the internet for today is suddenly down.

• Options
    Beaver City, NE is not as fun as it sounds.

Beaverton OR is pretty good

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    There's always a point where the rocket is about 45 seconds off of the pad

And I have to resist the urge to shut down the engines and just see what happens

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Bogart wrote: »
    That J page has a number of now-banned regulars scattered over it. Fallen [chat]ters, whose memory lives on, kinda.

and some who are now here in disguise!

edit: also i thought church was banned that's news.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    There are so many weird town names. Tennessee has a Bucksnort. There's a "Toadsuck" in some states.

• Options
    Six wrote: »
    lcsv29mpabsu.jpg

America.

Sorry, NY has Coxsackie. If Coxsackie can't win NY, I wonder what other egregious errors were made in this list.

in VA alone i can think of

Beaverdam and Bumpass, as listed
    Virgilina
    Woodstock
    Onancock
    Round Hill
    Rural Retreat

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I wondered whether it would be worth contacting the head of the Kickstarter tabletop section to ask if it's proper to tell potential backers that they aren't allowed to ask questions about delivery or fulfilment

Then I remembered the head of Kickstarter's tabletop section is Luke Crane

so uh

I guess that's a buy-in

• Options
    though i guess if you're going for strictly towns by definition, bumpass and beaverdam don't count

• Options
    i feel sorry for the guy who gave Dickshooter, ID, its name

or respect

i guess depending

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    The bad scifi book cover conversation from earlier reminded me of something.

Remember when scifi and fantasy book covers would often have naked people (usually but not always women) as long as they were in profile or their naught bits were strategically covered by scenery? Every cover artist wanted to be Boris Vallejo.

Several years back in a public library science fiction section i stumbled across a book from the 1970s, it was a pulp science fiction novel and the cover art was done in a Vallejo-ish style. It depicted a robot with several nude women clinging to it, apparently enthralled, and the robot itself was just phallic-shaped enough to obviously be a metal penis ithout running afoul of censors.

I wish I could find it again because it was so hilariously absurdly 70s and weirdly misogynist. I didn't read the book because it looked terrible but I'm still curious what inspired the cover artist to paint naked women worshipping a robot dick.

Something about the 1970s made loud displays of misogyny very in-style

what a weird, bad decade

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    eNStLk1.jpg

This discussion has been closed.