As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    So there's word on the street that the German publisher had a file up on their website with a new MWL in it. It's no longer there. But...
    - removed: Lady, NAPD Contract, D4v1d
    - added (level 1): Aaron Marron
    - added (level 3): Friends in High Places, Accelerated Diagnostics

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Anyone got any good cache refresh deck ideas? I gotta put some together for the second day of nationals next weekend but I'm flying out early (going to a funeral :( ) and haven't got loads of time to work some out and get the cards out for them.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I am pretty happy with the Desperado Whizzard deck I've been playing lately, as it seems (with a favourable draw) to be able to smother HB Moons quite effectively. Bloo Moose, John Masanori and Salsette let you keep tempo while you chip away at the assets every turn and try to find your Mimic so you can run everywhere with impunity.

Still not happy with my HB FA corp, though. Too variable. I should just play Moons or AgInf, probably.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Australian nationals are tomorrow! Feeling excited even if I haven't been able to practice anywhere near as much as I would've liked. I think I'll have a real fun time though! I know a lot more people there this year, so that's going to make things a lot more enjoyable as well!

• Options
    You know, I didn't even think about how when rotation early-hits, it'll also be active for the first month or so of Store Champs season. That'll be a interesting time, especially without the first pack of the next cycle.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I'm....not looking forward to that moment in the meta

assets are gonna be out of control

• Options
    One would hope that the new MWL will drop alongside rotation. I assume it would, if just to clean it up and get the cards that are no longer legal off it.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Since I can't really play this anymore outside of Jinteki, I just ordered the book Neuromancer.

I wish they would digitize one of their LCGs to save us all from Hearthstone and I can give them more of my money.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/30/your-chance-to-compete/

Worlds info for those going.

Straight-up confirms that the first two data pack cycles will be rotated out.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Debating whether to pull out Genesis and Spin right now from my collection. I need to sort/organize it anyways, and with my recent L5R forays I've been thinking about building Netrunner decks again... but I really wouldn't know what to expect. Still. Might be fun.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Huh, neat, they're apparently replacing Draft this year for Words with a Cache Refresh event. Probably because there hasn't been a new draft pod in ages, and so it doesn't have a whole lot of appeal.

I do hope this means they're going to keep supporting the format in the future.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Athenor wrote: »
    Debating whether to pull out Genesis and Spin right now from my collection. I need to sort/organize it anyways, and with my recent L5R forays I've been thinking about building Netrunner decks again... but I really wouldn't know what to expect. Still. Might be fun.

I'm going to dust off my collection for Washingcon. I haven't played in real life for a while.

I can't even fathom how I'm going to organize this. I spent so much time organizing my card boxes on faction and card type but not by release date.

Cantido on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »

I'm going to dust off my collection for Washingcon. I haven't played in real life for a while.

I can't even fathom how I'm going to organize this. I spent so much time organizing my card boxes on faction and card type but not by release date.

Same. My collection is faction, card type, then alphabetically. So basically I'm gonna need to turn my collection upside-down and just pull anything Genesis or Spin.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Definitely going to Worlds - my Regional win gets me a saved seat anyway. Gonna try to do L5R too, but we'll see how that goes.

Hope to see some of you fine fellow forumers there!

• Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Definitely going to Worlds - my Regional win gets me a saved seat anyway. Gonna try to do L5R too, but we'll see how that goes.

Is that all regional winners or just US?

• Options
    Cerberus wrote: »

Is that all regional winners or just US?

I think just US regional winners. Worth it to check though.

• Options
    Wouldn't regionals feed to nationals, not worlds?

Eh. Anyways. Apparently they are doing a lotto/random system for open seats. If it weren't for the fact that I'm already reeling from GenCon, I might consider it. Not sure...

• Options
    Wouldn't regionals feed to nationals, not worlds?

Eh. Anyways. Apparently they are doing a lotto/random system for open seats. If it weren't for the fact that I'm already reeling from GenCon, I might consider it. Not sure...

You'd think! But then there'd be only 1 or at most 2 seats reserved. Guess they wanted to make it broader. Wasn't expecting it, but when I saw the option in the drop down menu I was glad it was there.

Also my guess is most people who are interested in ANR will get in. They haven't announced the caps yet, so nobody has any idea what the odds are in the lotto system, but there should be more space than last year so I wouldn't be surprised if everyone who applied got a spot.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Goddamnit, I'm laughing too hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TTYIFugqjw

(A little language warning, but those cards deserve it.)

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    I thought Caprice was Core. Thank god she's leaving. I like the character though

• Options
    Caprice isn't so bad now. Nationals 2015 was when she was obnoxious.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    caprice is still obnoxious if you didn't come with tech, but at least the tech is there if you want it

• Options
    I probably hate That Asshole Batty more than Caprice nowadays. At least Caprice just ends the run, Batty could lose you the *game* if you lose the PSI game.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    I probably hate That Asshole Batty more than Caprice nowadays. At least Caprice just ends the run, Batty could lose you the *game* if you lose the PSI game.

*cough* Sorry. :(

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    So I haven't played in a while. Mostly because I don't like going out and meeting other people to play, and my board/card game friends are all too far into magic. But now I see Jinteki net is a thing... Is it reasonably easy to figure out?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    So I haven't played in a while. Mostly because I don't like going out and meeting other people to play, and my board/card game friends are all too far into magic. But now I see Jinteki net is a thing... Is it reasonably easy to figure out?

If you understand the game rules jnet is pretty easy, as long as you remember the card implementation notes are in the top right when you hover over a card (some of the ways certain cards are set up are idiosyncratic).

• Options
    edited September 2017
    PMAvers wrote: »

I just found the Mind Games card, so I guess the devs like Caprice more than I do.

EDIT - This is really nice. I'll have to rework the OP
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02Jvb-q6DwU

Cantido on
  • Options
    How long do jnet games usually take? I've been thinking maybe I can get one in during my hour lunch, if I can figure out a deck.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    edited September 2017
    How long do jnet games usually take? I've been thinking maybe I can get one in during my hour lunch, if I can figure out a deck.

I'd say 15 to 20 minutes.

Note that you should really figure out a deck. Netdecking is embarrassing when I play cards without knowing what they do.

Netrunner DB discusses that the artwork on three cards wraps a story around why the three runners are rotating out.
    11082.png
    Netrunner-financial-collapse-11039.png
    :sad:

And Whizzard in case you missed it.
    9j5n3ivwwljy.jpg

Cantido on
  • Options

Note that you should really figure out a deck. Netdecking is embarrassing when I play cards without knowing what they do.

I've just accepted the fact that I'm going to embarrass myself.

• Options
    edited September 2017

No kidding. I'm still trying to understand how Criminal ever gets to make any money. If the Corp topdecks ICE and cash, Criminal run events just don't happen.

Cantido on
  • Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular

No kidding. I'm still trying to understand how Criminal ever gets to make any money. If the Corp topdecks ICE and cash, Criminal run events just don't happen.

These days the answer is Temujin and you target a server they didn't ice.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    EDIT - Nevermind. Temujin is on the MWL, but that wouldn't matter if I wasn't fixated on Shapers and their hippie ways.

Cantido on
  • Options
    It seems astonishingly difficult to find any concrete information about the timings of the UK Nationals next weekend. The ticket site says it starts on Saturday, but the vague second-hand word is that it starts on Friday. No word about what time seems easily findable. It's not even on alwaysberunning.

• Options
    EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    ezsz5st4xiec.jpg

Side events and Star Wars stuff on the Friday.

• Options
    Awesome, cheers. I don't need Friday off after all, though I guess staying in Liverpool overnight on the Friday might be in order.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    First game on Jnet completed! It was fairly easy, only made a couple of really stupid mistakes, but was able to pass them off as "unfamiliarity with the interface."

Edit: For runner I found a Smoke deck that seems really fun/interesting, but I have no idea what to play around with for Corp. Thoughts on something that is fairly easy to get my mind around Corp side?

Brody on

• Options
    Man. Pulling out the rotation cards makes me really realize that genesis, spin, and lunar were my heyday. I didn't realize how much SanSan crippled my desire to play.

Also I apparently have four copies of Midway City Grid. This... Does not make sense.

• Options
    persona4celestia.jpg