As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BEER] The Lacing on This Thread is Breathtaking. Mouthfeel

• Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    k5wqggeowz1p.jpeg

Big fan of this can. Also, the beer!

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Ha nice, you doing the Winking Lizard world tour?

Is it sad that I’m a big enough drunk to have immediately recognized that menu?

• Options
    Ha nice, you doing the Winking Lizard world tour?

Is it sad that I’m a big enough drunk to have immediately recognized that menu?

Ahahaha! While I love winking I did it two years in a row with a friend a short while back and want to avoid spending that much money again. The tour party is a blast when they do it in Cleveland though.

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    k5wqggeowz1p.jpeg

Big fan of this can. Also, the beer!

Why is that bar mixing Guinness with Prosecco and why haven't the authorities stepped in yet?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2019
    I want a beer but my beer fridge is empty and so is my bank account.

What a horrible combination!

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I'm drinking Lindemans Young Lambic.

I love lambics. I hate sours but I love lambics.

It's very dry and crisp with a big ole smacker full of muscadine, maybe? The Framboise is usually my favorite because it's just gobs of sweet black currant but this is excellent.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I'm drinking Lindemans Young Lambic.

I love lambics. I hate sours but I love lambics.

It's very dry and crisp with a big ole smacker full of muscadine, maybe? The Framboise is usually my favorite because it's just gobs of sweet black currant but this is excellent.

The Framboise is raspberry. The black currant is Cassis.

We just about always have the Framboise around - it's my wife's favorite beer, and it is pretty tasty stuff. Only something I'm in the mood for once in a while, but it is great when the mood strikes me. I'll have to keep an eye out for the Young Lambic.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    You are correct.

I dunno if it's so much a muscadine flavor as it is unripened fruit, hence the "Young" part. It's only 5% but it's still a sipper.

Juggernut on
  • Options
    Not a beer but i has an absinthe cocktail in Columbus tonight and it was incredible.
    6lr78ifz2zns.jpeg

• Options
    Looks like a good thyme

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Fuck I want beer.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Looks like a good thyme

Boo this man!

• Options
    I have 2 New Glarus Bubbler's that have been buried in the back of my fridge for at least 2 possibly 3 years.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Fuck I want beer.

I'm trying to be healthier so my beer intake has dropped significantly. It really has to be a good beer at this point for me to want to spend the calories on it. Luckily it's Oktoberfest time of year so there are a lot of good beers out there right now. One nice thing is there are some cider companies putting out 100 calorie cans of light cider. Had one the other weekend and it tasted great, and was just the right amount.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    I drink once or twice a week tops. Usually 5 or 6 beers at a time over a day.

• Options
    I went from 3 beers a night to 2 a week recently

My main regret is not having as many opportunities to try new beers

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    So my fantasy hockey league uses a 3 liter glass boot as our trophy.

And I currently hold said trophy.

And I filled it with 6 Marzen beers from local German brewery, Prost, to celebrate me crushing my week one opponent.

And it is hard to hold and drink at the same time.

And it is delicious.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I have acquired a bottle of mead to have on my birthday this coming weekend. Hooray!

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I went from 3 beers a night to 2 a week recently

My main regret is not having as many opportunities to try new beers

That's how I lost 10lbs in a month.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    I need to reduce my beer intake because it's basically the last thing really standing in the way of my fitness goals. Buuut I just moved to within walking distance of like, two of my favorite bars. So I'll get bored and wander around and usually end up somewhere with a beer.

Like right now. I was meandering and wound up with a Westmalle Dubbel what how did this happen we may never know

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I greatly reduced my alcohol and beer consumption as well, and have lost about 10 pounds

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    One of the local breweries has a pumpkin imperial stout called Basic Becky, and it tastes like distilled autumn. It is very nice.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Fourth year volunteering at Dry Dock's anniversary party. It always starts so organized but after a few hours even the staff is just hammered.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    Noisymunk wrote: »
    The Judge wrote: »

i am HERE for the ANUS (anise) BASTARD.

I FOUND IT
    wo4guwz8exus.jpg

Star anise and licorice right off the bat with ginger, juniper and baking spice coming up second before the bitterness of Arrogant knocks everything back. A bit of cough syrup lingering at the end. AND a kindy of chewy woodsiness from all the random foliage they crammed into it. If you like heavily spice winter-themed ales and licorice, spring for a bottle and pull it out during a holiday party.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I will never drink that.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Shan't.

You had me at "heavily spiced winter-themed ales" and lost me forever at "licorice."

Sounds like a real experience kind of beer, though.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I am so glad the bottle is empty.
    ...they really nailed the jager experience

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    I love licorice (even the salty stuff is great), so I'll be keeping an eye out for that beer.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    Fuck I need to find that

• Options
    I'm glad we can buy beer on Sunday now but this whole waiting for 11am thing blows

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Is MLB team branded beer a nationwide thing? while back when I was near northern California ran across Giants beer and just today in Bakersfield I ran across Dodger beer. Both made by big time craft breweries.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    This is probably a good place to ask where to find not shit sweet vermouth? All I can find in my area is that Martino de Rossi garbage.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Well fuck... I just read about Founder's racial discrimination lawsuit.

Guess I'll avoid buying them in the future.

• Options
    Moving into a new house Sunday. It has a dry bar in the basement. Bought a bottle of St. Bernardus Abt 12 (pretty much identical to Westvleteren 12 and one of my top five beers) to crack open among hundreds of boxes.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    This is probably a good place to ask where to find not shit sweet vermouth? All I can find in my area is that Martino de Rossi garbage.

I'll be honest I don't even know what vermouth is.

But I could talk beer to you for like 14 hours so

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    One time I sat and drank a whole bottle of that Martino de Rossi.

I just carried around all night drinking from it.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Well fuck... I just read about Founder's racial discrimination lawsuit.

Guess I'll avoid buying them in the future.

MAN WHAT?! CBS was just released.

EDIT: Christ. So, a black employee has a laundry list of awfully specific racist actions that he was subjected to while employed and this is the response of the general manager.
    In a deposition regarding Evans' claims, Founders' general manager Dominic Ryan said he could not definitively say whether Evans is black.

"I don't know Tracy's lineage, so I can't speculate on whether he's — if he's from Africa or not," Dominic Ryan, who is white, said when an interviewer asked him about Evans' race.

When the interviewer continued to question Ryan and asked the manager if he knew whether Michael Jordan and former president Barack Obama are black, he responded that he had never met them.

Then Founders decided to settle.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I think the whole exchange from the transcript really needs to be read to convey how absurd Ryan's play at ignorance was.

(Spoilered for h-scroll)
    Evans’ Attorney, Jack Schulz: When did you first meet Tracy Evans?

Founders Manager Dominic Ryan: 2011, 2012. We had mutual friends before working there, so …

Schulz: OK, So you knew Tracy prior to his employment at Founders?

Ryan: We met a few times, yes.

Schulz: OK, are you aware Tracy is Black?

Ryan: What do you mean by that?

Schulz: Are you aware Tracy is African-American?

Ryan: I’m not sure of his lineage so I can’t answer that.

Schulz: Alright. Are you aware that Tracy is a man of color?

Ryan: What do you mean by that?

Schulz: No? Do you know … You don’t know what it means for someone to be a white person or a Black person?

Ryan: I’m asking for clarification.

Schulz: You don’t need any. I can promise you that. We’ll keep the record as is. Someone’s skin color. A white …

Ryan: So that’s what you’re referring to?

Schulz: Yeah. Oh, yeah, yeah.

Ryan: OK. Yes, I know the difference in skin tone.

Schulz: Are you able to identify individuals by their skin tone?

Ryan: What do you mean “identify”?

Schulz: I mean have you ever looked at Tracy Evans in your entire life? Have you? That’s a … that’s a genuine question.

Founders Attorney: Objection. Argumentative.

Founders Attorney: You can answer.

Ryan: Yes.

Schulz: And did you ever realize that Tracy’s skin [is] Black?

Ryan: That’s not … I mean, is his skin different from mine? Yes.

Schulz: How?

Ryan: What do you mean “how”? It’s a different color.

Schulz: And what is the difference of that color?

Ryan: It’s darker.

Schulz: And that means?

Founders Attorney: Objection. Vague question.

Schulz: I mean, we could … This could be a one-sentence answer, you know. So by your … I guess your testimony is you have no idea if Tracy is a minority, if he’s African-American?

Ryan: I don’t know Tracy’s lineage, so I can’t speculate on whether he’s … if he’s from Africa or not.

Schulz: What do you mean lineage, from Africa?

Ryan: No. I mean, like, I don’t know his DNA.

Schulz: Have you ever met Black people who aren’t from Africa?

Ryan: Excuse me?

Schulz: Have you ever met a Black person born in America?

Ryan: Yes.

Schulz: And you were able … Have you ever met a Black person who didn’t tell you they were Black?

Ryan: Can you rephrase that?

Schulz: Is Barack Obama Black?

Founders Attorney: Objection.

Schulz: To your knowledge?

Ryan: I’ve never met Barack Obama so I don’t …

Schulz: So you don’t know if Barack Obama is Black? What about Michael Jordan? Do you know if Michael Jordan is Black?

Founders Attorney: Objection

Ryan: I’ve never met him.

Schulz: So you don’t know him? What about Kwame Kilpatrick?

Ryan: Never met him.

Schulz: To your knowledge, was Kwame Kilpatrick Black?

Ryan: I …

Schulz: You don’t know?

Ryan: I don’t know.

• Options
    Yo I think you accidentally copied an It's Always Sunny bit instead of the transcripts.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Yeah, it's been a bad couple of weeks for large breweries.

Lagunitas, for years, ran a non-profit outpost in Portland and it offered location space and beer for a variety of charities and groups.

They abruptly shut it down last week without warning. People staffing it let go. About 40 groups that had events scheduled through the rest of the year had to scramble to look for new locations and some have lost money on deposits (DJs, photogs, etc). Other than a 'yeah, we know it sucks, sorry' - not a peep.

Large corporate ownership, man. Anything to duck responsibility or act like assholes for an extra three cents a share.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX