As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BEER] The Lacing on This Thread is Breathtaking. Mouthfeel

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    You had me at Mexican chocolate stout.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    You had me at Me

This is a great fucking summer beer tho
    bo7o1qsjyi0f.jpeg

Perfect for hot afternoons spent ignoring your child

• Options
    Why the fuck does that keep happening

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

Do you have an iPhone? It happens to me when I try to resize the picture when I send it. I have to shrink it down then send it

• Options
    It happens because you're posting while laying on a couch. I see you, you lazy dogs.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options

Do you have an iPhone? It happens to me when I try to resize the picture when I send it. I have to shrink it down then send it

Ah k
    Jedoc wrote: »
    It happens because you're posting while laying on a couch. I see you, you lazy dogs.

Hmm also

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I think I really like this beer?

znwakx4i2mp7.jpeg

My tastebuds are very confused though. There’s a lot going on here.

• Options
    I just tried the thing where you wrap a room-temperature bottle of beer in a couple of wet paper towels and then stick it in the back of the freezer. It worked really well! Chilled it right down in fifteen minutes flat, and the paper towels were all dry and crackly when I peeled them off.

mggq46jomhil.png

Anyway, I think the Corner Piece is the weakest Prairie Bomb I've tried so far. They succeeded admirably in making a stout that tastes like birthday cake, but I've never had a Prairie stout where the sweetness masks the bitter flavors so much instead of complementing them. Still puts it ahead of every other stout except Stone Xocoveza and Stonecloud Turtlehead, though.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Happy Father's Day beer thread
    54nlkvimekb1.jpg

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Just opened the second of the bottles of mead @Ketar brought me back in February. This one is a wildflower traditional and particularly good. Not too sweet or too dry, good floral quality. A+ do recommend.

• Options
    There is something wrong with Founders CBS.

I am typically a man who will nurse one or two beers per evening, or maybe three if it has been a long day and I am playing a game that is mostly mouse-controlled.

But I have bought this stupid beer three times, and all three times I have drunk all four bottles before dinner and gotten unpleasantly drunk, because it is an extremely boozy beer.

It tastes like they bottled and carbonated a chocolate martini, and it's possible that they did exactly that. Either way, terribly dangerous beer that I will continue buying even though it's about as twice as expensive as it should be.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Well this might help

Founders has a racism problem

• Options
    That is actually tremendously helpful. Thank you.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Oh I forgot to report a few weeks back I was sequestered in a mountain cabin in Colorado and got to drink MANY Colorado beers and they were all good

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    2019 was also the last year they are making CBS apparently.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    Where are you even finding CBS? I was just telling my FIL about it and now he's kinda obsessed with the idea.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Cheers to the Beer thread on the Fourth!

Working through a growler of Pallet Jack on my end. Hope y'all are drinking at that level, bare minimum.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Cheers to you and yours!!!

I started with a can of Oatmeal Cookie from The Bruery and it was not good. Luckily I got inured to the overwhelming sweetness by like the third drink so it was merely a power through it situation at opposed to a pour it out.

Followed up dinner with some Coronado Never Better (delicious as always) and am now sipping on a Cut Water Whiskey Highball waiting to see if any of the cities around me are going to do fireworks

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Ever since I learned how bad middle-man delivery apps like Postmates and Doordash are for restaurants, I've been deeply paranoid about the ordering interfaces I use for curbside pickup. I don't want my local joints forking over a percentage just because I'm too lazy to give them a call.

So I was pleasantly surprised to read the origin story of Biermi. Basically, one brewery wrote some software so customers could order delivery and curbside beer back in the depths of lockdown, and immediately decided to give it away for free to all the other craft breweries, wineries, and distillers in the country.

Anyway, I'm gonna pick up some curbside beer on the way home, and all the proceeds will go straight to my favorite neighborhood brewery.

Thanks, Biermi!

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Just bought a bunch of Firestone Walker and other expensive imperial stouts on sale and racked up a bill of $300. Couple of days later and a different outlet has a sale on Bruery/Offshoot and Prarie beers. My wallet is hurting. Can’t even drink them at the moment because I’m on some meds!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Did you grab any Sticky Monkey?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I am going to try some of that hard coffee tonight

Oh this is absolutely vile

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Did you grab any Sticky Monkey?

I try to keep grabbing the Sticky Monkey to like once or twice a week

• Options
    Naa didn’t have any of that. 2018 sucuba & parabola, anniversary 21 & 22 were the big boys.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Breakside's 10 year anniversary is this year, but obviously a lot of their events got cancelled due to virus related concerns.

The collabs, on the other hand . . .

Pallet Jack (Barley Brown's) + Wanderlust (Breakside) = this fantastic stuff called WanderJack. Easily the dankest, weediest IPA I've had in recent memory. Oils abound.

If you're in the distribution area, big-time recommend.

• Options
    I need to pick up new homebrew equipment soon and use this honey. I'm hoping not to much of it is crystallized already. I'm also kinda concerned about storing it after opening it, don't want the remainder it to attract ants. I suspect if I wipe the outside of the bucket sufficiently with starsan after extracting the quantity needed for a batch that should prevent that issue.

Midwest supplies keeps being sold out of stone or the more important equipment though when I look, plus I gotta get the alignment done on my car next month anyway.

Maybe I'll call the local brew store and see what they've got in stock if they aren't closed for covid. (they've been in town for like 100 years so probably not)

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    One of my local breweries just announced their next big release ...
    by20ku0naz5q.png

I may need to pick some up ...

• Options
    A reminder to thread that helles lagers are awesome, oh so perfect for a warm summer evening, and should be pursued with all available speed if you see one.

Frost Hammer from Grains of Wrath did not sponsor this post.

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    One of my local breweries just announced their next big release ...

I may need to pick some up ...

Galaxy is such a good hop. Passionfruit all the way.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Stone is continuing the Ruination series with Ruined Again, West Coast IIIPA. Fan tastic stuff.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Stone is continuing the Ruination series with Ruined Again, West Coast IIIPA. Fan tastic stuff.

Can agree, very delicious. Added fun of all the labels being upside down, thought my store got a weird batch until I saw their new Twitter marketing push with all the ads upside down.

Carpy on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

ooooooh I love Ruination

• Options
    Carpy wrote: »

Can agree, very delicious. Added fun of all the labels being upside down, thought my store got a weird batch until I saw their new Twitter marketing push with all the ads upside down.

I'd seen the ads but I actually haven't run across any upside down labels in the real world. I got the Ruined Again in cans and they were normal.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    It's upside down on the bomber

xnpldxqetotl.jpg

Ruined Again only though, every thing else on the shelves here is normal.

• Options
    7c32vcspto3k.jpeg
    Fucking hell this is good

• Options
    Also, this thread is almost 4 years old now.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Aged like a fine barrel stout.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I recently had a barrel aged yeti and it had way too much of a nut shell flavor.

That said if I see a mexican chocolate yeti I'm definitely grabbing it.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Doodmann wrote: »
    I recently had a barrel aged yeti and it had way too much of a nut shell flavor.

That said if I see a mexican chocolate yeti I'm definitely grabbing it.

I got mine from Tavour. Love that delicious little app

• Options
    cw44pec076ct.jpeg
    This isn’t great...