As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BEER] The Lacing on This Thread is Breathtaking. Mouthfeel

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    StormBreaker is all kinds of Don't Give Up On Your Dreams because Amnesia Brewing was in that exact building years back and one of the current SB heads was a dishwasher for them at the time.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    In other news, I'm down at my taproom and they tapped the 2015 edition of The Abyss roughly thirty minutes before I walked in the door.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I'm about to move from my 1 brewery town about 30 miles south and have 10 breweries near me.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Man I've had a few years of pastry stouts and hazies and milkshake ipas I'm ready for the resurgence of like a solid bitter ipa or a golden ale or Mexican lager or something. Give me a good craft pilsner. Odell makes a fantastic pils

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    Same, I'm just happy someone in town finally really nailed a Czech pils.

Noble Tendencies by The Lost Abbey (aka Pizza Ports other label).

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Like I finally just finished a few sixers of chocolate strawberry cheesecake stout from local heavy hitter New Image and they were amazing but man

I could only drink one a night. It was like motor oil.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    I don't mind the weird craft stuff, I can always go to the Belgian Bar for solid beers, but I get what you're saying.

• Options
    Oh give me the weirder the better. But these thick af beers are wearing me down.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    I think I miss out on that since its always 70 here in Florida nobody ever wants a thick beer so they don't make any.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Guinness: Still Good.

• Options
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    It’s got to be the best Macro beer?

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    I would give it to Sierra Nevada Torpedo.

Eugggh I'd take Guiness any day over Torpedo. God thats one of the worst mass produced beer I've ever had. Hell I'd rather have Miller or Bud.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    I actually hadn’t considered Sierra Nevada to be macro, but I guess it’s gone the way of our Little Creatures here?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I could be wrong because Sam Adams fucks with the definitions to keep themselves labelled as a micro which might effect Sierra Nevada as well

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    oi5ht3fp1tt4.jpeg

Juicetree DIPA from Portage Brewing company out of Walker, MN.

It’s GOOD

God I love a juicy, hazy IPA like that but it 100% turns me into The Fart Monster from Fart World.

I tried an IPA once and this happened to me.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I think Guinness tastes like water

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited March 2021

Is minnesota water really that bad? (I've never had guinness)

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Also I had Irish coffee last night instead of beer.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Guinness doesn’t taste bad to me!

It just tastes like nothing.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    As an aside that hazy milkshake IPA i had last night was super good. Easily one of my favorite styles right now.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular

I remember in my early 20s thinking Guinness was like some high class beer.

I also distinctly remember drinking it for the first time in years after craft porters and stouts and realizing how watery it was.

Still enjoy Guinness for black and tans, and snakebites.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    And chili! Guinness extra stout is the best base for chili. Adds liquid and enriches the existing flavor without adding the weird chemical tangs other stouts can produce when you boil them down. I keep a few bottles in the fridge at all times for just that reason.

I've had IPA-based chilis in restaurants that I liked, but I've never found one that stands up to repeated reheating, which is like chili's one job. Stick with Guinness.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    May have gotten a little hazy on some high grav Belgians last night and started an UnTapped profile and set my user name as BeardlyBeerBoy.

I want to strike a balance between leaving absolutely chaotic beer reviews while also not tanking a good beers score.

• Options
    Love me some guinness. But I'm also a fan of nitro beer and it was the first one I'd really tried back in the day.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    I love nitro beer.

Old Chub will always be a favorite of mine.

• Options
    Dumb meme name, but pretty darn tasty

z979evj5l02a.png

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    When I was fooooorty

I drank some very good beer

On March the 20th I drank some very good beer that I purchased with my money

I’m getting slightly tipsy

I’m gonna get more tipsy

When I was forrrrty

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    After a year, I found two four-packs of Turtlehead Stout at my local liquor store, and they were awesome.

Now they're gone again. It would have been kinder never to have brought them back at all.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    I just had this chocolate salted caramel beer that smelled so god damn good

• Options
    So this cookie butter beer from Trader Joe’s is fucking goooooood

@Cl0wnBaby can attest

• Options
    Cl0wnBabyCl0wnBaby Registered User regular
    So this cookie butter beer from Trader Joe’s is fucking goooooood

@Cl0wnBaby can attest

It’s incredible. Good winter beer for sure. Minnesota is winter 3/4 of the year so I’ll just say it’s a good beer to have year round

• Options
    10oz pour for $7. $14 gets 20oz.
    32oz crawler for $14.
    4-pack of 12oz cans (48oz) for $15.
    Cans win.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    May have gotten a little hazy on some high grav Belgians last night and started an UnTapped profile and set my user name as BeardlyBeerBoy.

I want to strike a balance between leaving absolutely chaotic beer reviews while also not tanking a good beers score.

A friend of a friend owns a brewery and once talked about how bummed they get when they get a one star from someone on their best beers because they thought the pint was too expensive or the line was too long or something. Since then I 5-star every single beer I bother entering.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    A friend of mine left a 1 star review on a weihenstephaner festbier and actually got a comment on his rating from the brewery asking for more information for the score. Thought that was crazy.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    They did it, the crazy bastards actually went and did it. Figured I'd only ever see this on a nitro tap.

tc2lx34jy4bb.jpeg

Carpy on
  • Options
    How close to cask-pouring is the final result?

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    85% as good maybe? It's been probably 18 months since I had the real deal so it's hard to be sure in the eval. I might have been pouring a little too gently as well so we'll see how the second can goes.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    They did it, the crazy bastards actually went and did it. Figured I'd only ever see this on a nitro tap.

tc2lx34jy4bb.jpeg

Mail me a billion cans of this please.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys