Options

[2016 Presidential Election] Vote Early, Vote Often

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    "Dear voter. I am not an extremist. The SPLC put me on a list without doing their research."
    ...the incumbent county commissioner I already voted against

If it's one thing that is safe to say it's that the SPLC just does that sort of thing without bothering to do any research. Because of course.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    JUSTICE FOR MERRICK NEVAR FORGET!

Hey now, there's still a chance he can be confirmed as a Justice, during the lame duck session. /missing the point

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Frostwood wrote: »
    The walk of fame star vandalism sounds a lot like bullying by Clinton supporters, considering that the star has been targeted four times since January. Considering that Trump's supporters have been attacked by Clinton's supporters multiple times, I'd be afraid of publicly stating support for Trump, in fear of getting bullied.

So we're saying that the star is sapient life now? That is has feelings, and those feelings have been hurt?

Didn't you play Mario RPG? Star Lives Matter.

Honestly Trump supporters are being bullied, they are speaking their racist hateful minds and people are pointing out their view points aren't wanted in a modern world.

I feel like openly espousing bigotry is something you should feel ashamed to do, yeah.

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    The walk of fame star vandalism sounds a lot like bullying by Clinton supporters, considering that the star has been targeted four times since January. Considering that Trump's supporters have been attacked by Clinton's supporters multiple times, I'd be afraid of publicly stating support for Trump, in fear of getting bullied.

So we're saying that the star is sapient life now? That is has feelings, and those feelings have been hurt?

Didn't you play Mario RPG? Star Lives Matter.

Honestly Trump supporters are being bullied, they are speaking their racist hateful minds and people are pointing out their view points aren't wanted in a modern world.

I feel like openly espousing bigotry is something you should feel ashamed to do, yeah.

You would think that you big bully. First amendment says I can say racist things and you can't judge me for them.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    I just read an open letter that Trump wrote to John Travolta and Kelly Preston after their son died. It's being passed around the press, apparently, but I encountered it on Cracked.com of all places. It's just the most Trumpian thing imaginable, made so very much worse by the fact that it's a condolence letter about a dead kid. I'll drop the wayback machine link to it in the spoiler along with the text. But I'm definitely spoilering this, because it's just gross.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20100217210521/http:/www.trumpuniversity.com/blog/post/2009/01/loyalty-and-kelly-preston.cfm
    I have always respected people who were loyal and faithful--which brings to mind Kelly Preston. A long time ago, before I was married, I met Kelly Preston at a club and worked like hell to try and pick her up. She was beautiful, personable, and definitely had allure. At the time I had no idea she was married to John Travolta.

In any event, my track record on this subject has always been outstanding, but Kelly wouldn’t give me the time of day. She was very nice, very elegant, but I didn’t have a chance with her, and that was that.

When I later found out she was married to John, I liked and respected her even more. Some people have values that matter to them, and she is one of them. Her loyalty was unwavering and I have always remembered that about her.

Being true to someone is very close to being true to yourself. That’s a valuable attribute in today’s world. I’m sure she was a wonderful mother to Jett and my thoughts are with her and her family after their terrible loss.

Donald J. Trump is Chairman of Trump University.

I lost my son last year, so reading this puts me in a chaotic mental space that defies description. It would be inadequate to say that I'm triggered, or angry, or head-on-fire furious, and I cannot think of a proper word that combines my current outrage with an absolutely towering level of disbelief.

Every time I think he couldn't possibly sink any lower as a human being, HE FUCKING FINDS A WAY TO KEEP DIGGING DEEPER.

I will not be sharing this letter with my wife. Hell hath no fury like a mother who has lost a child. I imagine our collective reaction will not be dissimilar to that of Mr. and Mrs. Khan.

Despite being a complete stranger and honestly having no way to comprehend the magnitude of such a loss I feel compelled to offer you my sincerest condolences.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Priest wrote: »
    +1 for Clinton in Nebraska District 2!

rhp542073ct9.jpg

Surprisingly busy at the election commission. I overheard an employee tell another person that it has been busy since they started early voting.

For 2.3 seconds I thought we lived within spitting distance of each other. Then I realized that probably half the states in the country have a Douglas county.

Oregon does. Used to live there.
    It wasn't until I got out, and got older, that I realized just how deeply deeply red it was (and is, along with most of the state).
    Now I live in one of our nice blue islands.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Nobeard wrote: »
    I just read an open letter that Trump wrote to John Travolta and Kelly Preston after their son died. It's being passed around the press, apparently, but I encountered it on Cracked.com of all places. It's just the most Trumpian thing imaginable, made so very much worse by the fact that it's a condolence letter about a dead kid. I'll drop the wayback machine link to it in the spoiler along with the text. But I'm definitely spoilering this, because it's just gross.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20100217210521/http:/www.trumpuniversity.com/blog/post/2009/01/loyalty-and-kelly-preston.cfm
    I have always respected people who were loyal and faithful--which brings to mind Kelly Preston. A long time ago, before I was married, I met Kelly Preston at a club and worked like hell to try and pick her up. She was beautiful, personable, and definitely had allure. At the time I had no idea she was married to John Travolta.

In any event, my track record on this subject has always been outstanding, but Kelly wouldn’t give me the time of day. She was very nice, very elegant, but I didn’t have a chance with her, and that was that.

When I later found out she was married to John, I liked and respected her even more. Some people have values that matter to them, and she is one of them. Her loyalty was unwavering and I have always remembered that about her.

Being true to someone is very close to being true to yourself. That’s a valuable attribute in today’s world. I’m sure she was a wonderful mother to Jett and my thoughts are with her and her family after their terrible loss.

Did... did he think the wife had died instead?

And his condolence was about how he tried to "pick her up"?

How is this man in the position he is and not rambling on a street corner?

I'm sure this has been said before in the thread but I am 100% convinced Trump is a psychopath. In the clinical definition of the term.

Empathy doesn't exist in him. Just the imitation of it.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    Considering I got punched and verbally assaulted by Trumpkins during the primary for saying that I didn't think he'd be the best candidate someone please try to tell me again how dangerous it is to support him? Remember I was working with the GOP at the time and I was asked to leave and not come back. The whole party on every level has embraced bigotry full on. I won't be a part of that.

• Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular

Did someone not tell me it was opposite day?

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    dragonsama wrote: »
    Considering I got punched and verbally assaulted by Trumpkins during the primary for saying that I didn't think he'd be the best candidate someone please try to tell me again how dangerous it is to support him? Remember I was working with the GOP at the time and I was asked to leave and not come back. The whole party on every level has embraced bigotry full on. I won't be a part of that.

Not sure if brofist is appropriate...

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular

Maybe bro-friendly-non-contact-hand-gesture?

• Options
    The_InfidelThe_Infidel Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Defacing the Hollywood star is a horrible act and should not be condoned.

Firstly, it's just inappropriate to do it, as is vandalism in general.

Secondly, and most importantly I feel, is that it gives him and his supporters fuel. It gives them a legitimate act to jump on as an example of the 'violence' inherent in the opposition. Giving them ammo for any reason hurts the overall cause/goal.

Note this is not the same as a peaceful protest such as wearing a duck costume with a sign. This is destruction of property, an actual crime.

Riiiiight. They really should've left those Stalin statues standing in Poland....

I'd happily sledge-hammer the head off of Jeff Davis memorials.

The_Infidel on
  • Options
    hippofant wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S9hlKYaxwo

• Options
    edited October 2016
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    hippofant wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S9hlKYaxwo

As long as it's fist to fist I'm cool.

Needless to say though I'll be happy when the election is over. This is by far the one where emotions have run the highest.

Artoria on
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Orca wrote: »

It's become increasingly clear Trump has no empathy whatsoever. What kind of bubble do you have to live to where you think that is an appropriate condolence letter? He would be better off having written nothing whatsoever. Does he care about anyone? Has he ever cared about anyone other than himself?

The turd cap on the shit Sunday is that he signed it "Chairman of Trump University."

Ok I finally figured out why he signed it that way, this was originally a blog post on the Trump University website. Yikes.

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular

I lost my son last year, so reading this puts me in a chaotic mental space that defies description. It would be inadequate to say that I'm triggered, or angry, or head-on-fire furious, and I cannot think of a proper word that combines my current outrage with an absolutely towering level of disbelief.

Every time I think he couldn't possibly sink any lower as a human being, HE FUCKING FINDS A WAY TO KEEP DIGGING DEEPER.

I will not be sharing this letter with my wife. Hell hath no fury like a mother who has lost a child. I imagine our collective reaction will not be dissimilar to that of Mr. and Mrs. Khan.

I am sincerely very sorry for your loss. Without knowing any of the details, I can still say that I fully sympathize with you. That's something no parent should ever have to go through. There really aren't words for that kind of pain.

If my posting this caused you any shadow of that pain again, I'm truly sorry. I spoilered it with the intention that it could be passed by, but it was still me that brought it here. Speaking from experience, these things stay very raw for a long time, and I wouldn't want to put anyone through any amount of that for any reason.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular

Secondly, and most importantly I feel, is that it gives him and his supporters fuel. It gives them a legitimate act to jump on as an example of the 'violence' inherent in the opposition. Giving them ammo for any reason hurts the overall cause/goal.

Note this is not the same as a peaceful protest such as wearing a duck costume with a sign. This is destruction of property, an actual crime.

Riiiiight. They really should've left those Stalin statues standing in Poland....

If you are unable to distinguish the difference between the two scenarios being described here, then there really isn't much room for actual discussion.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I'm in line trying to vote. More people here today than Election Day 2012. So far there's lots of Trump voters, talking about NASCAR and George Strait. I wish I was joking. I'm the only noticeably queer person I can see in either direction.

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »
    I'm in line trying to vote. More people here today than Election Day 2012. So far there's lots of Trump voters, talking about NASCAR and George Strait. I wish I was joking. I'm the only noticeably queer person I can see in either direction.

Be safe.

• Options

Wait however long it takes, stay safe!

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular

I wish I didn't have to say this but I hope you get through this entire process safely.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options

Be safe.

I don't really have a lot of say in that if I plan on voting.

:evil:

• Options
    edited October 2016

Be safe.

I don't really have a lot of say in that if I plan on voting.

:evil:

Aim for the eyes, gouge with car keys if shit goes down.

MuddBudd on
  • Options

If you are unable to distinguish the difference between the two scenarios being described here, then there really isn't much room for actual discussion.

You should hang out in the BLM thread when they start arguing over whether or not it's understandable predominantly black neighborhoods riot over instutionalised racism.

You may not like how somebody protests a thing or person, but defacing a public ediface seems pretty low on the totem pole of Things To Worry How The Opposition Might Interpret Something.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    There's a very elderly man and his wife acting as "poll monitors" per Trump's blathering suggestion.

She has a prosthetic leg, and doesn't look like she's used to it. Probably diabetes.

This is so sad. Sarah McLachlan-commercial sad.

Atomika on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    There's a very elderly man and his wife acting as "poll monitors" per Trump's blathering suggestion.

She has a prosthetic leg, and doesn't look like she's used to it. Probably diabetes.

"In the arms of an angel, far away from here..."

For just dollars a day you can help a trump voter come back to reality and get on their meds.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The guy behind me (he can't be more than 60) is complaining there are too many young voters in line making him wait longer than he'd like.

He says he's earned the right to a swift voting process because he's voted all his life.

#TheGreatestGeneration

• Options
    Ex-legislative shitheel (and totally not Ringo Starr's brother-in-law) Joe Walsh has thoughts on what to do post-election.
    On November 8th, I'm voting for Trump.

On November 9th, if Trump loses, I'm grabbing my musket.

You in?

Yeah. So Jake Tapper does some journamalism on him:
    what exactly does that mean?
    And gets in reply:
    It means protesting. Participating in acts of civil disobedience. Doing what it takes to get our country back.

Oh, is that what that means. Huh. Brings 'Annie git yer gun!' into a new light.

Some interesting Twitter responses:
    I think someone doesn't know what the word 'civil' means.
    is not paying Child Support an act of civil disobedience? #AssClown

• Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    The guy behind me (he can't be more than 60) is complaining there are too many young voters in line making him wait longer than he'd like.

He says he's earned the right to a swift voting process because he's voted all his life.

#TheGreatestGeneration

The greatest generation got real shitty in their mid 30s and just never looked back.

• Options
    tolragtolrag Registered User regular
    Did they actually do anything? Or were there just no minority voters while you were there?

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    To be fair, NASCAR did have that crazy thing last weekend where the guy who won drove for a while with a jack under his car, so this week there is something worth talking about this week.
    Eqp1f23.jpg

(Seriously, though, be safe!)

Khavall on
  • Options
    AstaerethAstaereth In the belly of the beastRegistered User regular
    I voted without having an in-state license. Take that, stupid Texas voter ID laws!

HillaryTakesTexas ++;

ACsTqqK.jpg
  • Options
    Im not wearing a bra, and I am wearing makeup. Also have my hair done up

I hope I'm making them as uncomfortable as they're making me

• Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular

This right here is the number-one-with-a-bullet cardinal sin for Trump and the GOP. They prey on the people who most need help and guidance. You try to help them and explain how Trump and the GOP don't care about them and are exploiting them and voting Hillary is in their own best interest and they won't listen to you!

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

#TheGreatestGeneration

"How dare these uppity youngsters exercise their constitutional rights and perform their civic duty! Why, when I was their age, I cast the ballots for everyone in the neighborhood, whether they wanted me to or not!"

• Options
    And seriously, there are virtually no young people here. Hundreds of 50+

Too many youths though

Rrrggggg :mad:

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Ex-legislative shitheel (and totally not Ringo Starr's brother-in-law) Joe Walsh has thoughts on what to do post-election.
    On November 8th, I'm voting for Trump.

On November 9th, if Trump loses, I'm grabbing my musket.

You in?

I'd only be impressed by this posturing if he did, in fact, own an actual old-timey musket.

Mainly since, outside of playing Civilization, I don't have much opportunity to see a dude with a musket try and take down a mechanized infantry battalion.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    Crayon wrote: »

#TheGreatestGeneration

The greatest generation got real shitty in their mid 30s and just never looked back.

The greatest generation actually died out already. WWII vets, that's the general demarcation.

Boomers are just crap. But I propose we call them The Best Generation.

Because they're Trump's people, and as we all know, he has the best people.

The best!

• Options
    Dana Bash asks Trump an insulting and rude question.

She asked him what he has to say about why he'd take time out of campaigning to advertise one of his hotels.

He says she should ask why Clinton only does one stop and then goes to sleep while he does a bunch of rallies erryday.

This discussion has been closed.