As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Elder Scrolls Online] It's the 2nd Era, so is this Oblivion 2, or Oblivion -1?

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Oh man, there's a new Giant house in Summerset that includes AN ENTIRE SHIP!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    in another month or so I might pop back into this game

took an extended break to get used to my left-handed mouse, and I'm definitely ready

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Had the test server for the beta downloading now for about 10 hours. It's 11% done. WTF, Zenimax? :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    So I started to explain Dragon Breaks to my husband. I got about five words in before he stopped me and said it wasn't going to help him understand what was going on in game, so he didn't need to know.

My husband is a very wise man.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Had the test server for the beta downloading now for about 10 hours. It's 11% done. WTF, Zenimax? :lol:

A lot of people have been reporting issues with the install on reddit and the other places. You're definitely not alone.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Decomposey wrote: »
    So I started to explain Dragon Breaks to my husband. I got about five words in before he stopped me and said it wasn't going to help him understand what was going on in game, so he didn't need to know.

Get him well versed on the planes of Oblivion and the Daedric lords if nothing else.

Easily the coolest part of the lore.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    "Hm," I say. "I got this email from ESO saying that I redeemed a code? I don't remember buying anything. Did I get some kind of goodie for racking up wins in ES: Legends or something?"

ESO:

sLTQ5AU.jpg

Me: ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Gifting?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    "Hm," I say. "I got this email from ESO saying that I redeemed a code? I don't remember buying anything. Did I get some kind of goodie for racking up wins in ES: Legends or something?"

ESO:

sLTQ5AU.jpg

Me: ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I think that's just their way of letting you know you have access to the Summerset beta. With how many issues they've had with the logistics of the whole thing, it would fit.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I got the same, but I bought Summerset a week or so ago.

• Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

Get him well versed on the planes of Oblivion and the Daedric lords if nothing else.

During the course of questing I have always named which plane of Oblivion we are on. As we are Daggerfall that has been so far "Cold Hell," "Fire Hell," "Crazy Hell," and "Nightmare Hell."

Also last night he proudly proclaimed "I have looted cheese! This is important, because you never know when you may run into Whats-his-name." "Sheogorath?" "Yeah, him."

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options

During the course of questing I have always named which plane of Oblivion we are on. As we are Daggerfall that has been so far "Cold Hell," "Fire Hell," "Crazy Hell," and "Nightmare Hell."

Also last night he proudly proclaimed "I have looted cheese! This is important, because you never know when you may run into Whats-his-name." "Sheogorath?" "Yeah, him."

@Decomposey start taking him down the Mages Guild questline

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    I have, that's where he met Sheogorath, and learned how much he loves cheese.

• Options
    Mission Accomplished

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Oh I know it's for the closed beta, I was still just very surprised. And that said, pleased that I got into the closed beta.

• Options
    I finally got the stupid beta installed last night. Then didn't have any interest in actually doing anything with it, so I played Conan instead. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    if ESO keeps up these type of expansions, I may never need to depend on a main Elder Scrolls game ever again for my fix

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Dr. FaceDr. Face King of Pants Registered User regular
    So is the list in the OP for people to ask for an invite up to date for the guilds? Just curious. Messaged someone last night but wasn't sure (didn't hear back). Just started about a week ago and am getting acclimated. Still learning all sorts of stuff.

jswidget.php?username=DrFace&numitems=10&text=none&images=small&show=top10&imagepos=left&inline=1&imagewidget=1.png
  • Options
    So, new blood hunh?

Pssst, hey kid, ya wanna be a werewolf?

• Options
    Dr. FaceDr. Face King of Pants Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    So, new blood hunh?

Pssst, hey kid, ya wanna be a werewolf?

Who needs to bite me and where are they. . .

[EDIT] I see that is a real thing and now I need to have a werewolf and a vampire.

Dr. Face on
    jswidget.php?username=DrFace&numitems=10&text=none&images=small&show=top10&imagepos=left&inline=1&imagewidget=1.png
  • Options
    You gonna be on later today? I won't be on for at least 3 hours, but after that I should be able to pass on Hircine's Gift.

Or someone else can!

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Anyone got motifs they want to trade for Worm Cult legs?

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

I might. What are you looking for?

@Dr. Face - the list is probably outdated. Post your acct name and I can shoot you an invite when I get home if no one else does first...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited April 2018

Don't forget about Book Hell!

Sadly I don't think that one has been featured in ESO yet though.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options

Maybe Order of the Hour stuff?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2018
    I have only named the planes to him when we are actually IN them, so no mention of Book Hell, Dark Hell, Maze Hell, Twilight Hell, etc.

I only briefly mentioned Hunt Hell to him, because I went in there and he didn't.

Though on one quest we did on our khajiit alts I did describe Hermaeus Mora as basically a Shoggoth that loves books.

Decomposey on
  • Options
    oh hey they gave me a beta code too

they must want me to sub again, and boy that's tempting

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    My highest level character is like 38 and I've never subbed, and yet I also got a beta code. Maybe it's because I did the closed beta for the original release?

• Options
    Finished Rivenspire last night. Very disappointed the end choice did not let us pick the Khajiit or the redhead, because fuck the other choices.

• Options

Maybe Order of the Hour stuff?

The worm cult legs are probably worth quite a few Order Hour pieces. Unfortunately, I don't actually have any of those.

What I do have right now:
    Dwemer Boots
    Akaviri Chests
    Aldmeri Dominion Axes
    Aldmeri Dominion Legs
    Morag Tong Bows
    Abah's Watch Maces
    Dark Brotherhood Axes
    Dark Brotherhood Chests
    Draugr Shoulders
    Minotaur Chests
    Celestial Maces
    Silken Ring Chests
    Silken Ring Legs
    Mazzatun Gloves
    Mazzatun Maces
    Buoyant Armiger Staves
    Ashlander Maces
    Ashlander Shoulders
    Redoran Shields
    Redoran Staves
    Ebonshadow Chests
    Worm Cult Axes
    (plus full sets of Ebonheart Pact, Yokudan, Xivkyn, and Glass, but I'm saving all those)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26369

To participate in the ESO Plus Bonus Event, simply log into the game with an active paid ESO Plus membership (the free trial membership does not count) each day from April 24 until April 30. Note that in order to qualify, each unique login must occur within a 24-hour time period that starts at 10:00AM EDT and ends at 9:59AM EDT the next day. If you remained logged in over a two-day period, it will only count as one entry! You must completely log out and back into the game; logging out just to the character select screen will not work.

When the event concludes, you'll receive one crate for each day you logged in, up to a maximum of six, by May 16.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    So do you get the crates when you log in, or do they keep track of how many times you logged in and then give you crates later?

Either way, I hope so hard my husband gets something good from his crates. Like an elk, or things he can turn into enough gems to get an elk.

• Options
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26369

To participate in the ESO Plus Bonus Event, simply log into the game with an active paid ESO Plus membership (the free trial membership does not count) each day from April 24 until April 30. Note that in order to qualify, each unique login must occur within a 24-hour time period that starts at 10:00AM EDT and ends at 9:59AM EDT the next day. If you remained logged in over a two-day period, it will only count as one entry! You must completely log out and back into the game; logging out just to the character select screen will not work.

When the event concludes, you'll receive one crate for each day you logged in, up to a maximum of six, by May 16.

AKA time to log onto all my alts and mules so their random materials like the style materials for styles I won't get are sucked into the craft bag.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    So do you get the crates when you log in, or do they keep track of how many times you logged in and then give you crates later?

Either way, I hope so hard my husband gets something good from his crates. Like an elk, or things he can turn into enough gems to get an elk.

Every other time they've done this, you get the crates all at once a few days after the event ends.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    @Pixelated Pixie Of your list I only have Minotaur so whatever you want to trade from that list for the Worm Cult legs works for me.

I also have Malacath Legs, and Trinimac Daggers

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    well time to resub I guess

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Took advantage of the aftermath of the motifpocalypse to grab the Hlaalu style armor chapters I could never get to drop for a good price. Not sure if I'll ever actually use them to craft armor given that I rather like the Ebony style medium armor my Nightblade wears and don't care as much for the light variant but it's nice to have it because nostalgia.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Took advantage of the aftermath of the motifpocalypse to grab the Hlaalu style armor chapters I could never get to drop for a good price. Not sure if I'll ever actually use them to craft armor given that I rather like the Ebony style medium armor my Nightblade wears and don't care as much for the light variant but it's nice to have it because nostalgia.

House Hlaalu life man.

I'm still mad there's not a small apartment in Balmora we can have. There's so many great places for it too!

• Options
    NoxyNoxy Registered User regular
    I need to find some people to trade with to get worm cult shoulders and gloves. I have staves, shields and legs I don't need.

• Options

House Hlaalu life man.

I'm still mad there's not a small apartment in Balmora we can have. There's so many great places for it too!

I would only accept a Balmora house in the same spot Cauis Cosades based himself and eventually leaves to you.

Steam Profile