As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Elder Scrolls Online] It's the 2nd Era, so is this Oblivion 2, or Oblivion -1?

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    SO OKAY I get the feeling that this guild doesn't do a hell of a lot of Craglorn, and we want MOAR DAILIES for nice boxes. SO...

A SMALL GUIDE TO THE DAILIES YOU CAN SOLO IN CRAGLORN
    Taken Alive : Easy-peasy. Rescue some caravan guards, kill a soloable boss (equal to a normal delve boss).

Iron and Scales : Burn some banners, kill a solo-able delve boss, mount a head on a pike.

Waters Run Foul : UESP says this one is solo-able, but I haven't had a chance to test it yet. Try at your own risk.

The Gray Passage : This one is a pain in the ass, but it can be done solo. You have two hours to visit every single Delve in upper Craglorn, find a rock, read it, and run back to Dragonstar. The main thing is that with one (soloable) exception, you don't have to fight anything; if you're sneaky and fast you can blow past the mobs, read the stone, and get out.

There's also A TON of daily group quests in Craglorn that count for the Festival -- at least ten. Several are very long, however. I'm still absolutely happy to tackle them with anybody who wants to. In addition to the festival rewards, many of these group quests give other awesome rewards, like Yokudan, Celestial, and Ra Gada style books.

That third quest is a Shada's Tear quest which is not a good place to go into solo by all accounts. There are a lot of dailies attached to Shada's though so plenty of reason to be there in a group anyway not that I've found time to.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I think the lack of group icon next to it is probably a glitch. Will edit.

The other three are absolutely soloable.

The first two even take place in the same area so it's easy to knock both out though one has a kind of sucky reward coffer that I don't think can reward motifs normally. But it's easy to just do on the way to the other. Plus the delve one sends you to often has chests that can hold motifs though those are heavily picked over now with the event making large crowds.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    It sucks that we are kinda sorta a dead guild. But you peoples are friendly anyway and it was good times in Craglorn last night, I would do it again.

Gold Coast (Dark Brotherhood DLC) is great for dailies, there are two main ones that have to be shared (you only get one of the two randomly) and they are rolling constantly 24/7 in zone chat. "Anyone for arena?" "Anyone for Folly?" And they're real quick world bosses. Plus there's an easy daily delve there too, and it's a small zone. Pretty quick 3 dailies.

There are a lot in Wrothgar too but there are like 6 or 7 that must be shared as above and it takes a lot more coordination and time if you want them all, so I will probably tend to skip those.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    Tonight @UncleSporky dragged me around gettin' my first barely-qualifies-as-an-apartment, some extra bank storage and bag slots, and a guild invite! There's also some other things we did but it was a little overwhelming to keep track of, we did it all in the space of a little over an hour.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    My sub renewed so now I have enough crowns to buy the assassins league motif off the cash shop. Hmmmm... Tempting... I really love the look of that one. But deciding which character to give it to could be problematic. I already lost the frost motif (forgot the name) by giving it to a character I subsequently deleted (I am really bad at character commitment!).

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    If y'all play The Elder Scrolls: Legends, you can get a free Doom Wolf mount if you buy their Dark Brotherhood expansion.

Legends being their Hearthstone-esque TCG. It's actually a MUCH better game than Hearthstone*, featuring instant/interrupt mechanics and other stuff to make it more strategic.

*I am extremely biased, because I worked very hard on the very early alpha of the game.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    My sub renewed so now I have enough crowns to buy the assassins league motif off the cash shop. Hmmmm... Tempting... I really love the look of that one. But deciding which character to give it to could be problematic. I already lost the frost motif (forgot the name) by giving it to a character I subsequently deleted (I am really bad at character commitment!).

Buying the Assassin's League Motif is one of the worst uses of crowns I can think of. Four of the motifs chapters are dirt cheap because they drop from the two Gold Coast world bosses everyone hits for dailies trying to get Minotaur and Order of the Hour motif chapters and the other eight easily drop from the two delve bosses you get a high exp daily to knock off. It's not the cheapest if you were to try to buy it all, but if going just for the armor there are only 5 chapters worth anything significant because guild banks and stores are stuffed to the gills with belt, glove, dagger, and axe chapters. I've had the entire set drop at least twice over for me since I started doing those dailies in December or January.

I'd also be surprised if you don't end up having a dedicated crafting character who gets all the motifs given the whole research thing but also how master crafting writs are common the more motifs a single character knows and how furniture crafting often requires multiple crafting disciplines on one character.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    the other eight easily drop from the two delve bosses you get a high exp daily to knock off

I have no idea where this is or what you're talking about. I've never seen an Assassin's motif in the wild, only in guild stores and other than the few dirt-cheap common ones, they've been stupidly expensive (and I've never seen the chest piece).
    I'd also be surprised if you don't end up having a dedicated crafting character who gets all the motifs given the whole research thing but also how master crafting writs are common the more motifs a single character knows and how furniture crafting often requires multiple crafting disciplines on one character.

I keep thinking I should do that. And then not doing that. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    the other eight easily drop from the two delve bosses you get a high exp daily to knock off

I have no idea where this is or what you're talking about. I've never seen an Assassin's motif in the wild, only in guild stores and other than the few dirt-cheap common ones, they've been stupidly expensive (and I've never seen the chest piece).

Remember the Kvatch Arena dude you have to kill for the quest that rewards Order of the Hour motif chapters? He drops two chapters of the Assassins' League style. The other daily quest boss you can get from the same board can drop another two. Those are the really common ones.

The daily quest board over in Anvil near the western entrance from the docks rotates between two quests that send you to the two delves in the zone. Each of those bosses can drop four of the other chapters for the style. The daily quests themselves don't drop anything nice but are a good chunk of exp and the gear they can drop can be useful while leveling up (plus they drop anniversary gift boxes currently).

Steam Profile
  • Options

Remember the Kvatch Arena dude you have to kill for the quest that rewards Order of the Hour motif chapters? He drops two chapters of the Assassins' League style. The other daily quest boss you can get from the same board can drop another two. Those are the really common ones.

The daily quest board over in Anvil near the western entrance from the docks rotates between two quests that send you to the two delves in the zone. Each of those bosses can drop four of the other chapters for the style. The daily quests themselves don't drop anything nice but are a good chunk of exp and the gear they can drop can be useful while leveling up (plus they drop anniversary gift boxes currently).

I think I assumed those were group quests and ignored them. I'm a single-player MMO player... :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options

I think I assumed those were group quests and ignored them. I'm a single-player MMO player... :lol:

Delves are pretty easy to do solo outside of Craglorn's group delves. At most you deal with a +1 difficulty mob as a boss though that can hurt if you sucked at playing and didn't use food buffs like I did for a long time.

The world bosses are meant to be taken down with others but because those two are in such high demand there's almost always a group that will gather around to kill them if you wait a bit (or just observe zone chat and see someone recruiting for arena or Tribune's Folly).

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Yeah 100% of the time there is someone yelling "arena" or "folly." Some of the time it's me.

If not begging to join a group, begging for others to join their group and help. There's always incentive.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    YAY I HAVE A NEW FRIEND

wdIkaTO.png

GOOD DOG BEST FRIEND

• Options
    I made the greatest character a couple days ago. I didn't know it yet...he just needed the jester personality and a flesh-colored bather's towel.

rHqoEGg.jpg

Also this is me and my bro Gregor working on our album cover:

M9xODrH.png

I dunno if there's a "remove UI" button.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    With some blue dye, he'd make a good Obelix.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    You're right! Maybe he was reminding me of that all along. But I don't know if there are proper pants for cosplay. Could probably find a good helm...

• Options
    So, after playing a week, I have given in to the sinister temptation of the crafting bag. Seriously, sinister in a Mr. Burns "Eeeexcellent" kind of way.
    So much of the game is blown wide open from the start, with very few restrictions aside from bag size (and even that is mitigated with a little gold)...but there's so many crafting materials, and crafting is so hard to ignore. Gimme that giant bag for all my shit, Bethesda. Take my money.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    I have made the starter inn room into two floors, and decked it out as much as I possibly could with the 30 item capacity available to me due to ESO Plus (it's normally 15).

I think this would make a really cool community contest sometime, do the absolute coolest room you can with such a low item limit.

Qxfu0wp.png?1

ucMKTQC.png?1

See more screenshots and descriptions of the room here.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I have made the starter inn room into two floors, and decked it out as much as I possibly could with the 30 item capacity available to me due to ESO Plus (it's normally 15).

I think this would make a really cool community contest sometime, do the absolute coolest room you can with such a low item limit.

See more screenshots and descriptions of the room here.

There is a sharing thread for it on the ESO subreddit! You should post this there :D

It's really cute. Cozy, actually... I'd live in a space like that, if I had access to a kitchen & shower somewhere.

I wonder how much one can do without a sub?

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    It really is great what you managed to do in the limited space. It looks like a house you'd get in a proper Elder Scrolls game!

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Thanks! I dunno, I'm a little disappointed with aspects...just crafting what I was able to make, so it's like Khajiit stool by Orc table with Redguard candle, Dunmer bed on Altmer rug next to Breton shelves with Dunmer candle etc. Different wood types. Though to some extent it looks alright despite being mismatched. I could've fit a longer table to fill the space better. I could take out the knife in the heart for a second chair and a backpack or something.

My favorite thing is the ivy. I think all of my houses are going to have ivy all over the walls. You can buy a couple varieties at Vulkwasten, Malabal Tor for 600 gold.

I saw this one at reddit today, a different inn room, just one floor and themed better. Really impressed with this one, although it feels cluttered.

zOAz4vB.jpg?1

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    FREE WEEK OF PLAY!

11th-18th

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    FREE WEEK OF PLAY!

11th-18th

Updated the thread title :D

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/04/10/join-the-eso-free-play-week <= news source

• Options
    HEY so I'm trying to organize a complete tour of all Craglorn dailies on Reddit for today at 8:00 PM EST. Y'all are welcome to join me if you're on. :)

• Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    Cool, I've wanted to try this out for a long time.

I hope I like it, especially with how much time I've dumped into Elder Scrolls stuff over the years.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    FREE WEEK OF PLAY!

11th-18th

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/04/10/join-the-eso-free-play-week <= news source

Do I have time for two MMO's?

Hmmm

Hmmm

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Maximum wrote: »
    FREE WEEK OF PLAY!

11th-18th

Hmmm

Hmmm

No one really has time for two.

Edit: I can english good.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    FREE WEEK OF PLAY!

11th-18th

Hmmm

Hmmm

No one really has time for one.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    HEY so I'm trying to organize a complete tour of all Craglorn dailies on Reddit for today at 8:00 PM EST. Y'all are welcome to join me if you're on. :)

HEY

It's 8:30, where are you?!

• Options
    Crowns are on sale for the free week so I bought a bunch. Now I'm resisting the urge to spend the wad on crown crates . . .

This also means it's a lot cheaper than normal to pick up DLC.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    I've barely scratched the surface of the game and the discount has me wanting to throw wads of cash at my screen to get a sweet glowing tree monster mount. Cool mounts are my jam.

• Options
    edited April 2017

HEY

It's 8:30, where are you?!

Fuck. I think I set myself to invisible. Sorry dude. I'll probably try this again on Thursday? And probably start earlier because I get tired easily. Also, my power went out around 10:00 PM so it got cut short anyway x_X
    I've barely scratched the surface of the game and the discount has me wanting to throw wads of cash at my screen to get a sweet glowing tree monster mount. Cool mounts are my jam.

I am so sorry for your wallet. This game has a lot of really cool mounts.

*edit* and U GH I GUESS...

My stupid paycheck still hasn't come in, but crowns are on sale and I probably won't get a better chance. It's time to bite the bullet and buy DLC I guess :(

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options

If I liked the wild hunt mounts more I likely would have done that already. I was able to back down from it when I realized my favorite mount from the crates was one of the non-wild hunt big cats so I'd be better served waiting for the next non-crate oversized leopard/tiger/jaguar offering. There's a limited time black lion coming soon but I'm not a big fan of the lion mounts compared to the other senche types.

I'd have gone for the nightmare courser already if all the horses didn't do that weird thing where they have only half a mane.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Someone in the general purpose Elder Scrolls thread in G&T posted a code a while back for a Doom Mount (big black wolf with glowing red eyes), I'm assuming from the card game? I'm not normally one to swoop those things up but it sat for ~3 hours so I claimed it. Pretty solid alternative to a plain ol' horse!

• Options

If I liked the wild hunt mounts more I likely would have done that already. I was able to back down from it when I realized my favorite mount from the crates was one of the non-wild hunt big cats so I'd be better served waiting for the next non-crate oversized leopard/tiger/jaguar offering. There's a limited time black lion coming soon but I'm not a big fan of the lion mounts compared to the other senche types.

I'd have gone for the nightmare courser already if all the horses didn't do that weird thing where they have only half a mane.

I love my senche leopard. They really did a great job on those models and textures. I think I dropped like 2500 crowns on it a couple years ago, which seemed expensive at the time, but then - I haven't needed/wanted any other mounts since, so maybe it was a good deal after all. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Someone in the general purpose Elder Scrolls thread in G&T posted a code a while back for a Doom Mount (big black wolf with glowing red eyes), I'm assuming from the card game? I'm not normally one to swoop those things up but it sat for ~3 hours so I claimed it. Pretty solid alternative to a plain ol' horse!

Yep, it's the Doom Wolf :)

I have one, because I really do love the card game. ... Unfortunately, once again it stopped working on my laptop, which means it'll be a while before I play again x_X

• Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    So is it better for me to buy the dlc or just sub?

On the one hand you get extra benefits for subbing, on the other for the price of basically a month and a half I could get all the major DLC right now...

Choices choices...

Jealous Deva on
  • Options

On the one hand you get extra benefits for subbing, on the other for the price of basically a month and a half I could get all the major DLC right now...

Choices choices...

With the current sale on crowns and the gold edition, buying the DLC outright is quite a bit cheaper.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Choices choices...

With the current sale on crowns and the gold edition, buying the DLC outright is quite a bit cheaper.

Plus, if you buy the DLC, you straight up own it. If you sub and your sub lapses for whatever reason, you get locked out of the DLC.

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    For folks who really get into just one game for awhile, play it hard, then burn out after a month or two, subscribing is definitely something to consider. And since that's how a lot of PA'ers play MMOs, it's definitely something to keep in mind.

But getting the DLC is probably the better option for more sporadic players and those of us who frequently bounce around between games as the urge strikes us. And like everyone is saying, now is a really good time to be buying the DLC (or at least buy the crowns with which to buy the DLC). Just keep in mind that while the 5,500 crown pack will get you the DLC megapack, that does not include Shadows of the Hist (which is just a couple of dungeons and equipment sets, basically), so you're not getting all of the DLC.

Dizzen on
  • Options
    Two nights ago I finally got my Enchanting up to 50 so now I've got all the crafting skills at maximum on my crafter.

Last night I finished one master writ I realized I could have done a bit back since it needed a nirnhorned cuirass in only a 6 trait set. I bought an enchanting station someone was selling in zone chat for a good price (about the going rate for the sealed writs needed to get the currency needed but without having to use up materials or buy motifs to fulfill the writs myself), placed it at my residence, and then made a robust target skeleton to celebrate. I'm contemplating trying to sell this one if I can get a good price for it since more money would be nice with the way the anniversary event has tanked the market value of the motifs I normally sell but I'm tempted to buy a bunch of motif chapters I need while prices are depressed. I've got a few sealed writs lying around that I can easily complete if not for the motif needed.

Steam Profile