Options

[PokemonGO] Now with weather effects!

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I am debating if I wanna get an egg before evolving gen 1 stuff... I probably should....

Edit: Gah! Purchasable clothing! Must... resist....

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    So you don't need to do anything special for umbreon and espeon? I guess I'll go on an evolve spreevee

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

I was getting really close all the time and it was annoying me, and I thought, hey we'll need an upgrade for Gen 2 which is soon anyway right? Yea should have waited 1 more week. Damn it!

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    Dirk2112Dirk2112 Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    W00t I caught a Ledyba. All of the other new silhouettes are of tiny birds and spiders.

My Umbreon has Snarl and Dark Pulse

Dirk2112 on
    NNID = Zepp914
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    m7OPa4l.png?1

I have started my collection. So far I'm happiest with this guy:
    QkFqP27.png?2

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    When did they add 50 exp for catching on the first go?

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    I bought the rest of the pokemon storage upgrades now that it is half off. And I bought a shirt and glasses for my avatar :P heh

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    When I found out about the update, I was already home and not about to go back out. Between being home and walking from my car to my office, I was able to get 8 of the new Pokémon. I am sure they are all the common ones, but it was still cool to add something new to the Dex.

NNID = Zepp914
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    How do I get Espeon and Sylveon?

• Options
  • Options
    Ok so I've got some great Pokemon news for myself. My job location is permanently changing, and my new location is much more walk friendly. I should be able to get a lot more steps and hatch way more eggs in the future.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Ok so I've got some great Pokemon news for myself. My job location is permanently changing, and my new location is much more walk friendly. I should be able to get a lot more steps and hatch way more eggs in the future.

Walking during lunch is also a great way to unwind from a job. I think my stress level tripled when Winter hit. Today it's supposed to be mid 60s so I'm definitely going out there.

• Options
    CSStheGr8CSStheGr8 Registered User regular
    I've never been so happy to live in fire/rock country than I have been with all the houndour around. Hoping it eventually pays off with tyranitar too.

3DS FC: 2363-6921-5075
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    I know it's early to predict meta changes, but does anyone think Espeon and Umbreon will have any effect on the water-heavy meta? I've been cultivating some high-IV grass types specifically to deal with the all-too-common Vaporeon. All I know about type bonuses, I learned in this forum. Will the psychic or dark types be better or worse?

26904.png
  • Options
    Either I'm really rusty or they changed the physics of throwing a ball because I cannot seem to land a Nice/Great/Excellent anymore.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    yea physics were changed

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    Its tempting to pay like the $5 for the upgraded storage/bag fees. The only reason I haven't done it yet is because I'll feel dirty.

• Options
    I got a "King's Rock" at a pokestop.

"The crown-shaped relic is used to evolve Poliwhirl into Politoed instead of Poliwrath. For the Slowpoke line of Pokémon, it can evolve Slowbro in Slowking with the help of the rock and 50 candies."

So should I do the Politoed or Slowking?

NNID = Zepp914
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    The hype is getting to me again. I haven't launched the app since they introduced buddy pokemon and even then it was only to setup my partner. I wanna walk around and find the johto starters!

But it's too cold outside. :(

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Yeah so the pink evolves require an item and evolve to a different mon that before? Is there any info on that somewhere?

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    Did a few laps at the park near here. It feels so good to see new Pokemon show up. I caught like 12 or so new ones.

Also put one of my guys in the gym there. It was level 10 when I saw it and figured it wouldn't budge but a kid walked by and brought it down to level 9 for me. So I leveled it back up to 10 and put my Vaporeon in there. Hopefully he'll be there for a while. I noticed they nerfed Gyrados' Bite. You used to be able to spam the shit out of it, but now there's like a half second cooldown.

• Options
    I've hatched three eggs so far today. Still no sign of any of the new baby Gen II pokes. I am sad :(

• Options
    Lure Modules still last 6 hours, FYI. I put two down at the park at lunch and they are still going strong.

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited February 2017
    Before yesterday, my Pokedex was complete for all of Gen 1 (aside from the other 3 regionals), plus all of the new babies. The only Poke I was missing was Togetic (which I can get with some more walking to collect candy.) Well, last night I went to a hotspot and was lucky enough to find 25 of the new species, so my Pokedex is at 175!

There's a big storm here in LA today, so I think tonight I'll just do a mass-evolve and get a few more Dex entries. :) Anybody have any luck finding any of the new evolution materials? I hit a bunch of Pokestops yesterday, but haven't found any yet.

PS. I just got a Plus but it keeps dropping connection every 30 secs. (I'm pairing it with a Galaxy S7.) Have any of you experienced this issue? I've only gone through a few support artiicles so far, but they haven't helped (most of them just suggest un-pairing and re-pairing the devices.)

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    Pokedex 184/186 been a busy day mostly common stuff but got a few nice surprises like all the gen 2 starters

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    I can't wait to catch a @Spoit

I had no idea your avatar was a pokemon until this came out.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    The best part about this update is that now about half the Rattata I would normally see are now Sentret, which are way cuter.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    I caught a 1900 CP Ursaring. Dunno if it is common or rare, but it looks pretty badass. Aside from a houndoom, everything else has been cute and fluffy.

NNID = Zepp914
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    CP is usually tied to your trainer level. The higher you are, the more of a chance for high CP pokemon to appear. But you should have em appraised to check out his IV rating.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Riokenn wrote: »
    CP is usually tied to your trainer level. The higher you are, the more of a chance for high CP pokemon to appear. But you should have em appraised to check out his IV rating.

He is only "decent". I don't bother much with gyms and if there ever is an option to breed, I am not going to bother. I just like collecting them. The Ursaring is the only gen 2 Pokemon I have seen over 600CP, so I got excited. It turns out he is pretty common. Oh well.

NNID = Zepp914
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Dirk2112 wrote: »
    I got a "King's Rock" at a pokestop.

"The crown-shaped relic is used to evolve Poliwhirl into Politoed instead of Poliwrath. For the Slowpoke line of Pokémon, it can evolve Slowbro in Slowking with the help of the rock and 50 candies."

So should I do the Politoed or Slowking?

Slowking.
    Stupid wrote: »
    I know it's early to predict meta changes, but does anyone think Espeon and Umbreon will have any effect on the water-heavy meta? I've been cultivating some high-IV grass types specifically to deal with the all-too-common Vaporeon. All I know about type bonuses, I learned in this forum. Will the psychic or dark types be better or worse?

Espeon has very bad CP, so it's probably useless, maybe for prestiging. Umbreon is good but not top tier or anything.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Everything I've read elsewhere says that Espeon can be over 3k CP and Umbreon wont even top out at 2k.

26904.png
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »
    Everything I've read elsewhere says that Espeon can be over 3k CP and Umbreon wont even top out at 2k.

You're right, I mixed them up.

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Strangely enough it seems that evolved mons are more common. I have an azumarill, a bayleef, and a xatu already. I saw jumpluff on the radar but didn't feel like chasing at 9pm.

Einzel on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Evolved mons have been more common for some time now. But yeah, it feels a little weird to have gotten the advanced forms of most of the common critters via catches rather than evolving.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Does that include evolves that require a tool? I have seen a bunch of Slow Bros, but no Slow King in the wild.

NNID = Zepp914
  • Options
    Einzel wrote: »
    Strangely enough it seems that evolved mons are more common. I have an azumarill, a bayleef, and a xatu already. I saw jumpluff on the radar but didn't feel like chasing at 9pm.

This is not what I have been seeing :/

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Dirk2112 wrote: »
    Does that include evolves that require a tool? I have seen a bunch of Slow Bros, but no Slow King in the wild.

That's a good question! I've seen tons of Sunkurns but not the thing it evolves into.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    Evolved my slowpoke into a slowking. Then spent half my dust powering it up. I must have spun about 300vstops before I got an item, in one way annoying for me but In another I appreciate these Pokemon might be a bit rarer for now.

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Einzel wrote: »

Add furret and octillary to seen and ariados to caught.

If it makes you guys feel any better I never saw a lapras and only have low cp dragonites and snorlax.