Options

[PokemonGO] Now with weather effects!

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Just got my first evolutionary item, woo. On my seven-day streak pokestop spin. Wonder if that helps things?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I also got my first evolution item (up-grade) on a 7-day streak so evidence is building that way.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Afaik you always get an evo item on the 7 day spin. Nobody has produced a screenshot that proves otherwise but of course it could be that the chance is just very high and not 100%.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Pikachu is ready to lead the Pokémon Day celebration in Pokémon GO. From February 26 at 1:00 p.m. PST to March 6 at 1:00 p.m. PST, any Pikachu you encounter in the wild will be wearing a festive party hat! The Pikachu you catch during that time will keep its party hat forever, so be sure to look for this special Pikachu during its short time in the wild.

Bleh. Another Pikachu event.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    urahonky wrote: »
    Pikachu is ready to lead the Pokémon Day celebration in Pokémon GO. From February 26 at 1:00 p.m. PST to March 6 at 1:00 p.m. PST, any Pikachu you encounter in the wild will be wearing a festive party hat! The Pikachu you catch during that time will keep its party hat forever, so be sure to look for this special Pikachu during its short time in the wild.

...but he's wearing a new hat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaOgZwk9rN8

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2017

"We know you're all excited to catch all the new Pokemon we just added, so you'll be even more excited when we replace half of them with Pikachus again! "

Side note, my 10k egg hatched into a Chancy. I'm not sure how I feel about this, because I already had several, yet this also gave me enough candy to evolve one to Blissey... So hmm...

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    I call that a win, Warlock.

• Options

Yeah but it could have been an aerodactyl... I mean, I could technically walk a Chansey. But oh well. Egg pokemon also tend to have great ilvls so maybe it will be a good one to evolve itself

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »

"We know you're all excited to catch all the new Pokemon we just added, so you'll be even more excited when we replace half of them with Pikachus again! "

Side note, my 10k egg hatched into a Chancy. I'm not sure how I feel about this, because I already had several, yet this also gave me enough candy to evolve one to Blissey... So hmm...

According to my local Pokemon Go group, Blissey is an absolute beast in gyms. Just a single 3,000 CP Blissey in a gym consistently defeated a guy with a full team of strong, diverse mons.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Anyone else's app extra crashy after the update? I get random app shutdowns all the time now. Sometimes just randomly with no inputs. Sometimes I'll tap on a Pokemon and the app closes. Sometimes when I open my bag, dex, or click on a pokestop or gym.

• Options
    Ironically, for me, it's more stable. I used to have issues logging in where I had to reboot the app about a dozen times for it to finally login. But since the update it loads up immediately.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I also spent $10. I'm part of the problem...

I ran out of space for Pokemon on my walk and didn't feel like doing a grindfest. Plus each storage upgrade is currently 100 coins so I took advantage of that and got 3 of them. Plus a few incubators.

So it does seem really shitty of them to not give everyone at least +50 for free. As the dex continues to expand in the future, do they really expect people to start paying for more storage space?

You get 150 for free right? That's better than most gacha games provide. Plus, currently, it's 100 coins to get 50 spots. You could get that easily by taking gyms. Or drop a dollar and get it.

Yeah, I dunno how much headway you can make against these lvl 10 gyms stocked full of 3k CP mons, when you're that strapped for box space

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    I also spent $10. I'm part of the problem...

I ran out of space for Pokemon on my walk and didn't feel like doing a grindfest. Plus each storage upgrade is currently 100 coins so I took advantage of that and got 3 of them. Plus a few incubators.

So it does seem really shitty of them to not give everyone at least +50 for free. As the dex continues to expand in the future, do they really expect people to start paying for more storage space?

You get 150 for free right? That's better than most gacha games provide. Plus, currently, it's 100 coins to get 50 spots. You could get that easily by taking gyms. Or drop a dollar and get it.

Yeah, I dunno how much headway you can make against these lvl 10 gyms stocked full of 3k CP mons, when you're that strapped for box space

Eevees are common enough, but I get your point. I say that anything around level 6 is easy to take solo. Otherwise you'll need to partner up with a buddy and take out some gyms.

• Options
    Literally my 4th Pichu from an egg just now.... Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?????????

• Options
    Literally my 4th Pichu from an egg just now.... Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?????????

It's a shame Raichu isn't very good.

• Options
    edited February 2017

My only solace here is that I haven't evolved a Santa hat pikachu yet and now I'll need to do one of these party hat pikachus too, so it's more candy I guess :/ (I'm at like 74 right now, mostly because I think two of the Pichus were during the double candy event)

Edit: Also I spent like half my Pinap Berries on that damn Dratini that I saw at lunch but dammit I GOT those extra two candies!! (stupid things do not want to get in my ultra balls...)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Dirk2112 wrote: »
    So, just out of curiosity, why do we need so much space for Pokémon? The OCD collector in me was keeping a weedle, a Kakuna, and a beedrill in my collection. Then I thought, "Why am I doing this." Kakuna's and Beedrills are absolutely useless. Weedles are great for evolution XP, but then you toss them. The same can be said for the Pidgey, Rattata, Venobat, Zubat, and a bunch of other lines. Save the best 2 dozen or so Pokémon and send the rest to the glue factory.

The Pokedex has a list of what you caught in the weird case that you have to prove it to an 8 year old.

Because I"m OCD and I want the highest IV of each moveset for all the evolved Mons. So for most mons, that is 6 mons for that evolved one.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    So, just out of curiosity, why do we need so much space for Pokémon? The OCD collector in me was keeping a weedle, a Kakuna, and a beedrill in my collection. Then I thought, "Why am I doing this." Kakuna's and Beedrills are absolutely useless. Weedles are great for evolution XP, but then you toss them. The same can be said for the Pidgey, Rattata, Venobat, Zubat, and a bunch of other lines. Save the best 2 dozen or so Pokémon and send the rest to the glue factory.

The Pokedex has a list of what you caught in the weird case that you have to prove it to an 8 year old.

Because I"m OCD and I want the highest IV of each moveset for all the evolved Mons. So for most mons, that is 6 mons for that evolved one.

I mean, I just have a hard time throwing away Pokemon with a decent ilvl, not even accounting for movesets... And I like the idea of having a "living dex" such as it were. Plus I mean, apparently Parasect is good now? He used to suck, so if you had thrown him away for that reason, you may be regretting it. Things like that is why it's hard to get rid of them :P

Also too, a lot of it's like "I need to keep every Weedle and Pidgey so I can pop a lucky egg at some point in the future" and that eats up a lot of room too.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular

My only solace here is that I haven't evolved a Santa hat pikachu yet and now I'll need to do one of these party hat pikachus too, so it's more candy I guess :/ (I'm at like 74 right now, mostly because I think two of the Pichus were during the double candy event)

Edit: Also I spent like half my Pinap Berries on that damn Dratini that I saw at lunch but dammit I GOT those extra two candies!! (stupid things do not want to get in my ultra balls...)

Raichu is actually pretty good post update, apparently. Spark / Wild Charge hits hard. Jolteon and Magneton can do more damage with electric attacks, but Raichu certainly holds his own. Worthwhile to hold onto for training gyms at the very least.

3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
  • Options
    Dirk2112Dirk2112 Registered User regular
    It took 20 eggs, but I finally hatched a baby Pokémon. Togepi can be evolved, I guess I will have to make him a buddy because there is no other way to get candy for him unless I hatch more right?

NNID = Zepp914
  • Options
    ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
    It took 20 eggs, but I finally hatched a baby Pokémon. Togepi can be evolved, I guess I will have to make him a buddy because there is no other way to get candy for him unless I hatch more right?

Apparently Togetic can be found in the wild but they're rare and hard as balls to catch. One guy on Reddit said he spent like 40 ultra bulls trying to get it.

3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
  • Options

Apparently Togetic can be found in the wild but they're rare and hard as balls to catch. One guy on Reddit said he spent like 40 ultra bulls trying to get it.

There was a glitch that made him nigh-impossible to catch, but it was apparently fixed to a base rate of four percent, or roughly the same as the fully-evolved starters.

So, yeah. Walk that Togepi.

• Options
    So are any of the Gen 2 Pokemon worth fighting with? The gym near my work is level 10 with 5 Vaporeons > 2400CP.

Electric 'mons really need a buff.

• Options
    So are any of the Gen 2 Pokemon worth fighting with? The gym near my work is level 10 with 5 Vaporeons > 2400CP.

Someone who managed to see a Tyranitar in a gym said he's damn powerful, but since he's pretty much the new Dragonite good luck finding/evolving him.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular

That right there is why I have determined to ignore the entire gym portion of the game. There's no balance, typing is largely irrelevant, and the meta is dominated by like 4 high HP Pokemon. And Niantic has show no interest in balancing the PVP aspect of the game. There haven't been any notable balance updates since launch. They only changes they have made is to the gameplay mechanics of how the gym battles happen.

I would be interested in gym battles and the territory control metagame if the combat were a bit deeper and more strategic, and if type matchups were more important, and also if moves were selectable or less random.

Basically, I don't like anything in the entire system and for me to want to participate, it would need a ground up overhaul.

• Options
    Dirk2112Dirk2112 Registered User regular

cloudeagle wrote: »
    There was a glitch that made him nigh-impossible to catch, but it was apparently fixed to a base rate of four percent, or roughly the same as the fully-evolved starters.

So, yeah. Walk that Togepi.

Thanks guys!

I didn't know they were in the wild. I wasted 20+ ultraballs trying to catch a Dragonite once. It ran away and I was super pissed. I won't bother with Togetic then.

NNID = Zepp914
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    edited February 2017

I keep 1-2 of everything because I give each species a unique name. It's sort of a living pokedex. This is opposed to how I play the core games and only ever have ~15 caught cause I'd only catch what I use.

Yeah but it could have been an aerodactyl... I mean, I could technically walk a Chansey. But oh well. Egg pokemon also tend to have great ilvls so maybe it will be a good one to evolve itself

As someone whose 10k eggs contained 66% aerodactyls, I hate you.

I'm lucky enough to have a fleet of Solar Beam Exeggcutors. And a couple solid Jolteons, too. My big difficulty around here are the occasional double Snorlax gyms because I always time out against them.

Einzel on
  • Options

That right there is why I have determined to ignore the entire gym portion of the game. There's no balance, typing is largely irrelevant, and the meta is dominated by like 4 high HP Pokemon. And Niantic has show no interest in balancing the PVP aspect of the game. There haven't been any notable balance updates since launch. They only changes they have made is to the gameplay mechanics of how the gym battles happen.

I would be interested in gym battles and the territory control metagame if the combat were a bit deeper and more strategic, and if type matchups were more important, and also if moves were selectable or less random.

Basically, I don't like anything in the entire system and for me to want to participate, it would need a ground up overhaul.

Types do really matter I just don't have enough Grass/Electric Pokemon high enough to make a dent in 5 Vaporeons in a row.

• Options
    And a lot of times it's because I'm lazy. With Elec you can usually do two attacks before Vaporeon does one, so if you do attack -> attack -> dodge you can basically get through the fight without getting hit. But it takes time. I'd rather power through it and use a couple potions.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »

I mean, I just have a hard time throwing away Pokemon with a decent ilvl, not even accounting for movesets... And I like the idea of having a "living dex" such as it were. Plus I mean, apparently Parasect is good now? He used to suck, so if you had thrown him away for that reason, you may be regretting it. Things like that is why it's hard to get rid of them :P

Also too, a lot of it's like "I need to keep every Weedle and Pidgey so I can pop a lucky egg at some point in the future" and that eats up a lot of room too.
    Wait... Parasect is "good" now? For what? I mean, I've got a small team of Parasect but only because I'm a hoarder and haven't needed to purge yet. What should I be keeping them for?

26904.png
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    parasect was always good against executters

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah it's basically: Parasect > Exeggutor > Vaporeons. I always keep a Parasect handy for those Exeggutors that inevitably show up in gyms.

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator Mod Emeritus
    I haven't seen an Exeggutor holding a gym spot in quite a long time! Here in LA, it's almost all Dragonite, Snorlax, Vaporeon, and now Blisseys. Looks like Tyranitars are sprouting up too.

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I've already run through the 10 new pokemon allotted to my area

it was an enjoyable 2 or 3 days!

• Options
    ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    Blissey is right now broken. Stupidly powerful to take down gyms and if you pump up one to 2500cp or above extremely hard to take out in a gym in time.

Tyranitar is powerful attacker

Think everyone else is about average at best.

• Options
    Ah damn it. My Pokemon is now the lowest CP in the gym at 2501. Which means I'm going to lose it and won't be able to get it back soon.

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I can add another tally to the 7 day pokestop steak = evolution item list. I got an Upgrade today which I'll never get to use.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    wait, blissy works on attack too? I've just been powering through her attacks when trying to fight against her, since other than hyperbeam, they barely seemed to scratch my vaporeon.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Ziggymon wrote: »
    Blissey is right now broken. Stupidly powerful to take down gyms and if you pump up one to 2500cp or above extremely hard to take out in a gym in time.

Tyranitar is powerful attacker

Think everyone else is about average at best.

I was unable to kill a blissey in a gym. I have taken out higher CP dragonites. I have no Pokemon that can take out that Blissey, and I have a 1700 Hitmonlee. It was all supper effective, but I couldn't survive long enough even with dodging.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Brogey wrote: »
    I haven't seen an Exeggutor holding a gym spot in quite a long time! Here in LA, it's almost all Dragonite, Snorlax, Vaporeon, and now Blisseys. Looks like Tyranitars are sprouting up too.

This post made me realize I never even got a high CP Snorlax or Dragonite, and we already have Tyranitar and Blissey in the fray. I feel like I play a reasonable amount (basically, wherever I am in town I'll open it up and poke around), but I guess it's just not enough.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games