As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Call of Duty] BLOPS IIII out now, and pretty good despite Activision's best efforts.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Anyone else getting tons of crashes since the update? I can't even get through the menus without a CTD error 6070.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    ckypeio4ibzg.png
    I hate this fucking game

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Whelp, I just took the launcher out of the secondary slot on my go-to Ground War LMG class. There’s a pistol there, now, for those go fast moments. The PKM with FMJ and a C480 Pro optic and the Spotter perk is just that good at killing everything. UAVs? Swatted. VTOLs? Vertically landed. Bunkers? Busted. Scope glints? Blown out like a candle.

The crew of an IAV I just took out through a wall got to watch a killcam of me seeing the red outline of their tank, and laying into it from the other side of cover until it went exothermic. People are accustomed to having a few seconds before they bail out, and a steady stream of fire just does NOT give them that kinda time.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular
    I dunno, my friends and I had a BLAST our first night out on QUADS. Yeah 10k for a loadout is pretty expensive but it was kind of silly that the loadout boxes were so cheap to begin with. Ghost and cold blooded have been too much of a problem for me when using the UAV drones, kind of makes the drones pointless when everyone has their perks running. Even still, 10k is hardly a deterrent.

I have to say, compared to Blackout, Warzone is infinitely better. I hated blackout and only played it because we didn't have any other choices. Warzone is actually fun to play and I love being able to get back into the fight via Gulag or buying a player back. Seems Apex Legends really started one hell of a trend.

Now, I do have something to say about those shader installations:

Shaders are a pain in the ass, especially if you're getting ready to roll out with your friends. But they also ensure that you have a smoother gameplay experience. If you want to know when shaders are going to need to be installed follow this rule of thumb.

1.) If the game releases a big update that you need to download from the launcher, expect to update shaders.
    2.) If you update your NVIDIA drivers to a newer version, update shaders.

Asides from that, shaders are technically a one-time installation as long as no major changes come into play. It's still annoying, but this knowledge will at least let you know when you should boot up the game and let it sit at the main menu for a while.

On a final note back to the game at hand. Here's some gameplay highlights I cut together from my friends and I playing quads for the first time. It was... a blast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXrsz_-2xT8

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah Quads to me has been fun even as a solo player queuing into groups. I think what also helps is the generic gun drops are AR's right now and they have better increased loot guns dropping too. So you don't feel as dependent on a load out, but the money seems to be flowing a lot freer too.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I kinda wish loadouts were just a flat $5000 per team member. It's trivially easy to get 10k with 4 people and completing 1 mission thing. with 2 people it's a bit harder. I also think loadouts are too prevalent and ghost/cold blooded are too mandatory for warzone.

• Options
    It would be nice if there were more warzone centric perks. Like one reason ghost/cold blooded are used exclusively is the other perks don't do anything? Its like cold blooded, over kill, ghost, amped, and shrapnel are about the only perks you'd ever use in warzone.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    It would be nice if there were more warzone centric perks. Like one reason ghost/cold blooded are used exclusively is the other perks don't do anything? Its like cold blooded, over kill, ghost, amped, and shrapnel are about the only perks you'd ever use in warzone.

Yeah, if you're doing warzone without ghost/cold blooded in your perk loadout, what are you even doing.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options

Yeah, if you're doing warzone without ghost/cold blooded in your perk loadout, what are you even doing.

Probably wondering why everyone seems to know where you are...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I do have a couple overkill loadouts to get depending how drops go though. But i almost always try to get one of the random loadout drops before endgame if i go that route. One of the best things i did though was make the "oh shit" loadout, which is basically if i get rezzed late i can drop on a loadout to grab a PKM with the fully loaded perk so i dont have to worry about ammo.

• Options
    I will say I'm loving the last LMG that has a named "necrosis" drop in warzones. Its a frigging beast at distance and can reload its 100 round mag pretty fast.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Restock is one of the best perks for warzone though? Going into every engagement with two stuns and two leathals is huge

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Holy shit getting 2 kills while sliding with smgs in 15 matches is painful as hell. I'm moving into hardcore so the two bullets you can fire while sliding might actually kill someone. And I hate hardcore

• Options
    They added trios back in! Which was the smart move, it was dumb to remove them in the first place. Also got my first quad win last night being carried by a 4th while I was partied with my 3 bros. We blocked for him in final circle... sure I'll say that...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Had my best TDM on Euprates a Map I absolutely don't like with a 50 cal and a dream. It was stupid how I was killing people, almost felt bad but I need those ribbons!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Had my best TDM on Euprates a Map I absolutely don't like with a 50 cal and a dream. It was stupid how I was killing people, almost felt bad but I need those ribbons!

I was doing okay with the fifty up until recently. Then, suddenly, it became hitmarker machine in my hands. I thought maybe unlocking the variable zoom optic, and using it, threw off my sense of bullet drop. But trying that theory out, it seems there’s almost no drop with the barrel I use, in the first place. Might try the HDR again, but I also might just accept that I was always better at counter sniping with an LMG or JOKR, anyway.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    The JOKR is the only thing keeping Euphrates bearable for me.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    I’ve seen some... Odd shit lately (especially from chinese PC players), just let me disable crossplay for fucks sake.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    monkeykinsmonkeykins Registered User regular
    Weird, might be because I am not very good, but as a PC player using a controller I almost never see anything but Xbox and PS players. Unless I go into some of the more obscure play modes. TDM I almost never encounter KBaM.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Odd shit is only experienced in Warzone.

Coincidentally also the only playlist that I cant disable crossplay in.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    I had a moment last night where I got sniped by like a pixel perfect shot from squinting range I just wrote it off but like there was zero reason for a person to suspect I was in a building let alone one shot me the second I was able to get hit. Just wrote it off but I figure had to be a cheater.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    3rd time 1st place in Solo Playlist, 7 kills this time.

That was a little nervewracking at the end.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Grats! I've only got one first place in solos and it was when the cargo truck was king. I've had a couple second places where I had a few "damn it I should have..." moments.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Just lost in the top 10 of a solo to an obvious hacker. Pooptoy was the name. Dude had 30 + kills, literally killed everyone in the last 10, and like was tracking people through walls and distances and lazering head shots with a fifty and an ar. Like come on bro when 8 people are watching you its because we all think you're cheating try and hide it a little bit.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Right after typing that I decided to knock out a challenge for 5 plants or diffuses in Search and Destroy or Cyber. Did whatever one has revived but no respawns. First two games i got 4, then took me three more to get the last one. Was about 50/50 KBaM. Got about 3 total kills in 20+ rounds. Also, guys I found all the CoD racists.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I’ve seen some... Odd shit lately (especially from chinese PC players), just let me disable crossplay for fucks sake.

I’m also seeing a lot more server problems on Activision’s side since they rolled out Warzone. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt that they were ready for the influx of traffic, assuming it consists of people just playing the game. But then they leave it open to IPs from the usual cyberattack hotspots, to try and capture that business. Which means DOS attacks on the reg by salty free players, hackers who were caught red-handed, and by nationalists, if not directly by state actors.

And what’s the result? Well, when the franchise store goes offline, they can’t even take payment. And when the Battle Pass doesn’t record progress, they’re not getting that player engagement. It’s time to split this architecture up. To the extent that is even possible.

Zoku Gojira on
  • Options
    blah lost a solo this morning to a helicopter boy who just stayed in the sky I couldn't shoot him down and my mask got fragged earlier so he waited me out in the gas. What a shitty way to win.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Haven’t played in a bit but some guy totally owned me by camping the park with a rocket launcher and letting the helicopter spawn. I was like, “ooh, helicopter!”

I lasted like 1.5 seconds in it.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    I hate the “gasmask on, gasmask off” animation fucking up aiming.

• Options
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I hate the “gasmask on, gasmask off” animation fucking up aiming.

yeah it can kill you versus someone else not having to put a mask on which seems silly as f to me. Something I imagine hopefully they'll change later, like non mask people should immediately be coughing and unable to shoot either.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Been seeing way, WAY more mouse players recently. Not fun.
    Also, just saying, I really don't like Warzone, and having some of the Operator challenges tied to it is a big bummer.

• Options
    Most of the operator missions in warzone are super easy though.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Most of the operator missions in warzone are super easy though.

Yeah, true, at least so far.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Seems they removed Trio Squads again and replaced it with “Only Shotgun and Sniper” mode.

The fuck? Its not April 1st anymore.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Shotgun sniper mode? That could be entertaining if like load outs were turned off. What's weird is I was just playing trios this morning.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Think it changed an hour ago.

• Options
    Such a weird time. Then again they used to reset dailys west coast time around 11am, I'm guesing that's when Br got turned on the general public? Todays warzone daily for a cosmetic was better than 5 contracts at stadium since it was 5 at airport, but god damn dropping airport sucks

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    What really sucks is unlocking the last barrel for the Uzi. Longshot kills with, AFAICT the weakest gun in the game, is just miserable. Needed one more to finish it, on Crash, camping the long alley, spot an enemy on the other side trying to snipe the three story building, and at that exact moment a teammate decides to take issue with my playstyle. Jumping up and down in front of me shooting me. Got one hit marker before we both got railed.

I should have just played Hardcore, have yet to try it.

• Options
    Shotgun sniper mode? That could be entertaining if like load outs were turned off. What's weird is I was just playing trios this morning.

Loadouts are off, they dont drop and you cant buy them. There are also no vehicles. Its honestly probably the most fun version of the game. You arent getting lasered down by hackers with assault rifles from sniper distances away. Theres no ghost/cold blooded so heartbeats and uav are actually effective. The circles do close a lot faster and theres like no time between the gas moving so it really forces people to go to the middle or die because there arent vehicles.

• Options
    Should have been AR/Sniper.

Shotguns are just straight up garbage in most CoD games.