As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Call of Duty] BLOPS IIII out now, and pretty good despite Activision's best efforts.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Hey yall I haven't been able to log into Modern Warfare for like the last 3 days, anyone getting a similar issue?

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Hey yall I haven't been able to log into Modern Warfare for like the last 3 days, anyone getting a similar issue?

No, I played Friday night on PS4 in a mixed party with Xbox One folks as well. We were having some odd communication issues (I could hear everyone in the party, but some could only hear about half and the other half couldn't hear them) but otherwise everything was pretty much normal.

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Just had my best game of warzone by far. One teammate left during the drop but the two of use remaining finished third. Good times

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Woo, got my 2nd win. It was intense!

8yxUqRw.png

As it turns out, SMGs, pretty underrated.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    SMGs have never, ever been underrated in a CoD game.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Playing Plunder with a friend, our rando 3rd disconnected right away and we ended up placing 2nd, reaaaal close to 1st.

Best moment was shooting down a helicopter for a fabled Triplekill heh.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    So I have found that after awhile I stop getting experience/level gains after matches, is there like a daily XP limit, or is that a bug?

Also I feel like tracker, while being very useful in niche situations, lets me down a lot. There have been times when I know, for an absolute fact, someone has been somewhere and very recently, and I don't see any footprints or anything.

Thirdly, I have found the built in tools for comparing the stats of different add-ons to weapons to be fairly unhelpful. It would help if, in the situation where you have 5 equipped and you're looking to equip one more, it would show only the changes caused by swapping two, and not the cumulative changes over all.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »

They are in Warzone. Snipers and ARs everywhere. Late game SMG is hella stronk.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options

SMGs have always been very good, and highly used in CoD games. People who aren't used to them as much might be using other stuff more now in Warzone, but in the actual paid CoD SMGs are as used as ever. And anyone who actually plays much CoD knows how good they are.

• Options
    So I have found that after awhile I stop getting experience/level gains after matches, is there like a daily XP limit, or is that a bug?

Also I feel like tracker, while being very useful in niche situations, lets me down a lot. There have been times when I know, for an absolute fact, someone has been somewhere and very recently, and I don't see any footprints or anything.

Thirdly, I have found the built in tools for comparing the stats of different add-ons to weapons to be fairly unhelpful. It would help if, in the situation where you have 5 equipped and you're looking to equip one more, it would show only the changes caused by swapping two, and not the cumulative changes over all.

I haven't tried Warzone yet, but I'm pretty sure one of the other perks usually prevented your footsteps from showing up for Tracker in the past. Cold-Blooded maybe?

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I downloaded Warzone this morning.
    I have to turn the settings way down for it not to crash out on me but I've had some good games
    I got 3rd solo'ing in a 3man game because the game failed to fill
    Then, my last game of the night I found the legendary PKP with the 150ish round magazine
    And proceeded to mow down an entire enemy team as I lumbered towards them laughing like the Heavy from Team Fortress 2

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    So me and some buddies won a game of warzone. I just downloaded it today and have always been mediocre at FPS games after the first halo. But my friends are pretty good. We basically won because i was a packmule for ammo and armor plates that got my friends through to the last circle, and managed to clutch the game out when at the end i flanked the last 2 while they were shooting at my last friend who was still alive.

It is horseshit the ak doesnt unlock till lvl 53. Its easily my highest lvl gun but i cant even have a loadout for it. I just have to kill someone for theirs.

• Options
    Been playing a lot of warzone, both with random and solo. Placed third yesterday but have had some runs of bad luck/me getting too aggressive.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah I've been playing a lot of warzone. I'm on win number 3, even had a game in group where I was solo early and got in the top 2 (last circle was me against a full team and like anakin they had the high ground).

I've dropped the meta AR Sniper and run AR mossberg and like myself a lot more. Plus people just don't expect that cachung cafuck you.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Six#2264189 if anyone’s playing now

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    My Activision is LordAsmodeus#8881899

I've mostly been playing Plunder, solo or with randos. I only just today found out that you can change which default skin you use by picking a favorite with a different primary. I've tentatively settled on the Russian Sniper. I tend to prefer the Alliance/Russian ones since they tend to wear masks.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Picked up W number 4 this morning, it was easy. Like whole time me and the randos just zone camped, moved with the gas, and the last team had to try and hide behind a tree and spoiler it didn't work

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Picked up another dub last night with one of my new fast friend cod buds (its so weird I've made like 5 new cod friends from just rando calrisianing groups and using a mike) I'm sure there are dicks, but a lot of the cross section just seems like people want them w's and are helpful to get them it warms the cockles of my trapped at home heart.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Playing in a squad with mics is just way more fun.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    My favorite bit from killing people is the 2 seconds of mic I get from my victims after they're downed. I live for it.

• Options
    My favorite bit from killing people is the 2 seconds of mic I get from my victims after they're downed. I live for it.

Yeah I had a moment where I rpg'd a car load of dudes and the last thing I heard was "OH FUCK!" It was just perfect

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Same man. I'm godawful at FPS games, and have been since anything after Halo 2. I've just never liked twitchy FPS games on the computer that much. But my friends all got it so I've been playing with them. Usually I die but I do have my moments. Probably my favorite was when I grabbed a shield loadout on a map that was looking like it was going to end up downtown in all the houses towards the end. We burst inside one room with a few people and i went in first smacking people down with the shield and blocking most of the shots for my teammates. I caught one dude on the mic like "a fuckING SHIELD!?"

• Options
    Enigmedic wrote: »

Same man. I'm godawful at FPS games, and have been since anything after Halo 2. I've just never liked twitchy FPS games on the computer that much. But my friends all got it so I've been playing with them. Usually I die but I do have my moments. Probably my favorite was when I grabbed a shield loadout on a map that was looking like it was going to end up downtown in all the houses towards the end. We burst inside one room with a few people and i went in first smacking people down with the shield and blocking most of the shots for my teammates. I caught one dude on the mic like "a fuckING SHIELD!?"

CAPTAIN MOTHERFUCKING AMERICA!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020

SMGs have always been very good, and highly used in CoD games. People who aren't used to them as much might be using other stuff more now in Warzone, but in the actual paid CoD SMGs are as used as ever. And anyone who actually plays much CoD knows how good they are.

This. SMGs are a real threat at AR ranges in this game. And often laser-accurate, something you wouldn’t say about, for example, an MP40 in WaW. Which probably makes sense, given most engagement ranges in COD 6v6 matches. But I find Ground War a nice respite from that. I put work in with LMGs, ARs, and occasionally with Sniper rifles, in that mode.

I’m still deeply averse to Marksman rifles, having had too many bad experiences with netcode and semi-auto weapons. Not related, for the record, to everybody staying home and streaming 4K over Netflix. This goes back to COD4 days. MW has generally been rock-solid for me on PS4. And I can land every hit needed to down someone with even a slower-ROF automatic weapon. Or drill someone with a OHK sniper rifle. But the combination of input lag (on every shot) and best-effort packet routing does NOT work for me with a rifle that has a severe cap on its semi-auto fire rate. “Headshots or go home” means I’m self-isolating, in the parlance of today.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options

This. SMGs are a real threat at AR ranges in this game. And often laser-accurate, something you wouldn’t say about, for example, an MP40 in WaW. Which probably makes sense, given most engagement ranges in COD 6v6 matches. But I find Ground War a nice respite from that. I put work in with LMGs, ARs, and occasionally with Sniper rifles, in that mode.

I’m still deeply averse to Marksman rifles, having had too many bad experiences with netcode and semi-auto weapons. Not related, for the record, to everybody staying home and streaming 4K over Netflix. This goes back to COD4 days. MW has generally been rock-solid for me on PS4. And I can land every hit needed to down someone with even a slower-ROF automatic weapon. Or drill someone with a OHK sniper rifle. But the combination of input lag (on every shot) and best-effort packet routing does NOT work for me with a rifle that has a severe cap on its semi-auto fire rate. “Headshots or go home” means I’m self-isolating, in the parlance of today.

Yeah latency + everyone running around like theyre on crack is terrible for marksman rifles. Its easier 99% of the time to just use a scoped ar and spray em.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular

Yeah latency + everyone running around like theyre on crack is terrible for marksman rifles. Its easier 99% of the time to just use a scoped ar and spray em.

While it’s not an AR, that’s what I’ve been doing lately with the M91. The VLK 3x optic (with its awesome default reticle) and FMJ are early unlocks, so is the Special Forces barrel for extra bullet velocity. It’s pretty accurate for shooting at scope glint, and clears the skies in Ground War when necessary, to the point that I now mostly hold back my launcher shots for use clearing windows or rooftops.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    They changed up the gun spawns in BR right now. More deagles and marksman rifles are spawning and there is a blood money addition to plunder. That's cool they are doing that.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Is it me or did they also chance the controls for grenades? Now you have to switch back and forth between the L1 and R1 grenade using the d-pad

• Options
    Six wrote: »
    Is it me or did they also chance the controls for grenades? Now you have to switch back and forth between the L1 and R1 grenade using the d-pad

They flipped on "bumper marking" at least on console. You can change the controls back to default and it goes back to normal. I assume that was a bug of some kind.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Marking is awful in this game anyway. Also its really annoying leveling guns now that its mostly pistols everywhere and it takes longer to get loadouts.

• Options
    Had a hilarious game last night where we fucked up the drop, while jawing at each other the whole time (fun back and forth but you know bad coordination). I was hunted twice, managed to outrun both get money buy my team mates back in, snag a load out and then hilariously positioning and win the game at the end. Fuck up Squad for the victory!

I actually like the increased costs for load outs and different guns, makes finding a good gun more important early game instead of "Ok pool our money grab a load out and camp."

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SOLO BR VICTORY!!! I like to thank my cargo truck and an open field last circle for which without it this victory would not be possible

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I do have to say listening to some people bust a gasket over getting downed kind of warms my heart I for the most part am more amused or just know I got f'd than I do get like "WHY DO I PLAY THIS GAME?!" Angry.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I have heard some of the weirdest things over the death voice. like someone once said "wow real immature, kid", and im just thinking dude i killed you because it is the goal of the game to kill everyone else. I love hearing the BULLSHIT, and sometimes even the chill guys going "i just got fucked".

• Options
    The sweetest ambrosia is getting some tricky shot off on some dude and hearing an appreciative "Damn"

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    My brother has been nagging me to play this with him, tried putting down a claymore in the middle of a road because I saw a bunch of dudes in a vehicle, then ran away.

BOOM

Triple Kill.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    I have heard some of the weirdest things over the death voice. like someone once said "wow real immature, kid", and im just thinking dude i killed you because it is the goal of the game to kill everyone else. I love hearing the BULLSHIT, and sometimes even the chill guys going "i just got fucked".

Yeah some of them are hilarious some are "fucking camper" when like I can hear you coming or use heart beat or whatever yes I'm going to wait somewhere. I mean in solos it does feel shitty when someone is liking hiding out in a shack at the edge of the map and just annihilates you when you casually walk in, but fuck it man that's br games in general getting mad about is silly.

I went international tonight, got my first win with teammates who I couldn't understand a word of, I think it was spanish? They basically carried me, but I figure an extra body is an extra body! 9 total wins feels pretty good.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    The sweetest ambrosia is getting some tricky shot off on some dude and hearing an appreciative "Damn"

I've found (as one of the few in the public games who actually use it) the easiest way to do this is to run around with a crossbow during Australian weed hours

• Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular

The rage-com is one of the greatest things about it all. It's just more fuel to get me going.

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    Got another win last night. It was just me and another buddy queuing together. Things went sideways and i got picked off. My buddy managed to go to that spire thing overlooking the military base and bought me a res. Another guy also parachuted in there and my buddy killed him while he was looting. I picked up a Fire Hose with no extra ammo or gear. we ended up just walking in with the circle staying in the little valley things while the other people killed each other. Then we got a flank on 2 of the last 3 people, and killed them. Then the last person tried to jump in on the people we just killed and we finished them off. It was glorious winning with basically nothing left.