As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Call of Duty] BLOPS IIII out now, and pretty good despite Activision's best efforts.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I hadn't heard that... going to be pretty disappointed if they end up being more than cosmetic.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    inb4 mp44 flatline

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Every year they promise cosmetic only and then break that promise. I don't believe them.

Also, all the camos got leaked already. They are in the game.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Man I tried to play IW these last couple of weeks and I just can’t. It isn’t even the janky movement. There’s something about the aesthetic that rubs me the wrong way. Not even Ghost was this blah to me.

WW2 beta was alright but I’m gonna wait a bit. The PC beta still felt very SMG heavy due to the maps.

Edit: a bit meaning a couple of hours if possible ohohoho

Maybe my standards with CoD games is significantly lower...but I'm kind of digging IW. Sure, the story structure is janky af (basically, it takes the disjointed feel of Black Ops 3 and ramps it to 11 with side missions), but I'm liking the shooting and the space dogfights (that latter one gives me Unreal Tournament 2004 flashbacks).

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Oh IW campaign? Amazing @Erlkönig I did every sidequest. The MP? Nah.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Oh IW campaign? Amazing @Erlkönig I did every sidequest. The MP? Nah.

Ahh...gotcha. Yeah, I haven't touched MP in a CoD game since BlOps2 (or vs. AI squads in Ghost)

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Hah, I guess when you get supply drops in WWII, you open them in the social hub. Everyone there can see your drop come in, and they also can see what you get from it. From the little I've seen, it all looked cosmetic. Really going to regret the digital purchase if there's stat bullshit on weapon variants... I'm not putting up with that BS again.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I couldn't understand some of the fabricated outrage over that on reddit yesterday. I'm no fan of microtransactions, but TF2 let you open crates on servers and announced to everyone what you got like . . . 6 years ago? Maybe more. It's been a thing for a while.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Well, activision has that patent for the matchmaking that encourages microtransaction purchases. This isn't that, but seems like a step in that direction. Especially coming from this publisher. No reason to be outraged, but it does make me go "Hmmmm...."

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    so, who here is taking a nap today to survive tomorrow morning? We O L D B O Y E S now

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    Just remembered that CS:GO tells everyone when you get an item drop, and when someone opens a crate. You can see when players get an exotic drop from Bright engrams in Destiny 2.

It's nothing new. I plan to spend as little time as possible in the social area if I can avoid it. Unless they let me build a fort or something cool.

• Options
    so, who here is taking a nap today to survive tomorrow morning? We O L D B O Y E S now

I'm too old to play at release tonight; I'll play the campaign tomorrow night if I don't go out and then try out multi Saturday morning.

Last time I got up early to play I got up at 4am to play the Rise of Iron release on Destiny and the servers crapped out. It was very depressing.

• Options
    I have tomorrow off, so I'm good :D

1st campaign mission is apparently
    Omaha Beach

• Options
    Spoiler'd for those wondering what the gold camo look like:
    4f5kc4tszfvz.jpg

• Options
    56d.gif

• Options
    Does anyone know where I can find a list of all the weapons? Trying to figure out what gun to use my permanent unlock token on. I figure it won't be one of the division rewards, because I think once you unlock those they're permanent anyway.

• Options
    I think there’s a wikia already updated. Also (even better IMHO) there are a LOT of YouTube videos showing off all weapons in the firing rage.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    I want to play with the Garand immediately.

• Options
    Maaan... the Sledgehammer dudes made it seem like they were going to use their Dead Space expertise to do something cool with Zombies. It looks like the same old boring thing, though... :(

The zombies do look creepy and gross at least.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Haven't played any CoD for many moons...but WW2 knows my number.

What's the word on modes here? Is there a lot of co-op (I saw zombies are in)? Is it the usual CoD multiplayer stuff with perks, guns, unlocks, etc?

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    MP's a little different this time. There's still perks and unlocks, but everything goes by what Division you're in. So for one slot, you might have a character in the Airborne Division. They primarily use SMGs, and can attach or remove a suppressor whenever during a match. Doesn't count as an attachment either. The Divisions all have their own perks.

Game modes are largely the same, but there's a new mode called War. It's an attack and defend objective based mode.

• Options
    Haven't played any CoD for many moons...but WW2 knows my number.

What's the word on modes here? Is there a lot of co-op (I saw zombies are in)? Is it the usual CoD multiplayer stuff with perks, guns, unlocks, etc?

Invite me this weekend if you see me on.

Just so I'm sure, there are no double xp promotions going on in the US right? Besides that Buffalo Wild Wings one which is dumb I mean.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Too late for Amazon release day shipping...I'm debating whether to just grab it digital.

edit: Bought digital, let the pre-loading commence!

Custom Special on
  • Options
    I'm back for the first time since Blops 2. Friend me up if you're on XBOne! I'm guessing I'll see a few Destiny friends to join up with.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I skipped last year, but I'm pretty excited about ww2. Also @Skull2185 I 100% guarantee that there will be weapon drops eventually. They specifically said there wouldn't be for the launch window and I mean why specify if there aren't going to be later? Same thing for no anachronistic camos etc.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Well I was debating with myself whether or not to pass on this. Actually decided to pass for now until I got a text today from amazon saying the game had shipped and would be here tomorrow. Turns out I forgot to cancel my order that I put in on amazon to get in on the beta, so looks like I was pulled back in. A little frustrated with myself that I forgot to cancel it, but still excited at the same time to get back into a WW2 game.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    I'm sure there will be weapon drops, but they specifically mentioned that there wouldn't be any bullshit like the NV4 Flatline from Infinite Warfare. That's what I don't want in the game.

• Options
    Dammit... less than an hour until this unlocks and I don't have to work tomorrow. My eyelids are getting droopy though... Just gonna keep flicking myself in the forehead or something!

• Options
    I wish I had a regular sleep cycle. Don’t have kids and a hobby like gaming I guess :rotate:

• Options
    I can't seem to play anything that requires Xbox live.

• Options
    Played the first campaign mission. Not bad! They really went back to CoD's roots. No more health regen, gotta use med kits. Game's kinda tough even on Regular. No hip fire crosshairs either. Your squad can help you out though by either tossing you small med kits or ammo when you need it (it's an ability on a cooldown)

Gonna try a MP match or two before going to bed.

• Options
    Or not... MP is fucked right now I guess.

• Options
    The social hub is neat, but good god there needs to be a mute all option... I know I can mute individually, but that takes forever.

Would also appreciate the game telling you what the shit you unlocked goes to. Got a uniform and some grips, but fuck if I know who uses them.

• Options
    How do I walk around in the social area?

I didn't get to play any last night, and logged in this morning to poke around. After selecting my division, I couldn't figure out how to walk around. It seemed I could only queue for a game or back out.

• Options
    You might have to play a game first. The options button backs out of the menu into the hub on PS4, so probably the start button or whatever the three line button on the XBox controller is.

Also, if you mute all in a match, it carries over to the hub. Thank. God.

Also also, those grips you get from drops are all pistol grips apparently.

• Options
    Man, I hope this is just launch day fuckery. Some of these connections... oof...

Still, having a pretty good time. Took some TDM games to shake off some of the rust, but I finally started getting some wins.

• Options
    Yeah, think you have to play one game before the HQ.
    I got some epic winter coat in a drop, but I don't see anywhere to actually equip it. I can change my hat, but not my coat?

• Options
    Yeah, think you have to play one game before the HQ.
    I got some epic winter coat in a drop, but I don't see anywhere to actually equip it. I can change my hat, but not my coat?

I think gear depends not only on side (Allies/Axis), but on division, right? So maybe cycle through your different divisions?

• Options
    Yeah, it's by Divisions. Would be nice if it just told you which division. Also would be nice to review my unlocks before the next match begins. By the time the game shows you what you've unlocked, there's 10 seconds until the next match starts.

Been mostly playing Airborne, almost ready to prestige that Division. I did use my permanent unlock token on the BAR, though. The BAR is p. good!

• Options
    Still haven't played my first match because multi was screwy last night, though I did play some local games against bots.

I'll stick with Infantry for now, Garand is too much fun to use.