As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Come post pictures of your [Gunpla] & other scale models in this thread

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Honestly, other than Altron (Nataku? I can never fricking remember) those old 1/100s hold up quite well.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Nataku was the nickname Chang Wufei gave to both of his suits, after his love who was killed just before he joined Operation Meteor.

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular

the coat is kinda uneven but i'm happy with it

i learned a lot and i'll do better next time

• Options
    I made a realisation tonight while building the 1/100 Vidar and then this happened

Context for those who haven't seen this show:

https://youtu.be/EaX6GVPVi4k

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    02%2B%25284%2529.jpg

That box art... ;_;

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I am really looking forward to that kit. But I also really love panel lining and applying decals.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    mg-gm-sniper-ii-custom-with-cloak-stand.jpg

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    The Zaku I Sniper rifle is the best. I also like how they integrated the Zaku I Sniper kneel guard on the right knee.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular

Bonus points for the people that can identify all the 40k models in these pictures

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I spot a plague marine over there. Not a good angle on the others.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    that thunderbolt gm really just looks like the ez8 with puffy shoes

...heck yeah

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    The rourie needs to get on amazon already

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Death Guard, a Chaos Lord, Beast of Nurgle (old school, nice) a Cold One in the back there. . . that's all I can make out without enhancing the image.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    The mount at the back is from the Gorkamorka Mutie Raiders, though it does look like a Cold One from that angle

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Thaaaaaanks guys

Duo was Young Cello's first love and all (I had long hair, he had long hair, we had a lot to relate on) so I had to start with Deathscythe

I wasn't even through Step 1 before I realized that I both loved this and immediately wanted to order more

I'm thinking either Heero's Gundam or one of the Freedoms from Destiny, but I haven't decided which just yet

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Cello wrote: »
    Thaaaaaanks guys

Duo was Young Cello's first love and all (I had long hair, he had long hair, we had a lot to relate on) so I had to start with Deathscythe

I wasn't even through Step 1 before I realized that I both loved this and immediately wanted to order more

I'm thinking either Heero's Gundam or one of the Freedoms from Destiny, but I haven't decided which just yet

MG Freedom Ver 2.0, go big or go home

013Ph012.jpg

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    There are a lot of Freedoms to choose from.

• Options
    @Cello I can highly recommend all the Wing MG kits, they're a blast from what I've seen (however the newer ones are slightly different from their anime counterparts, namely the ones with Ver Ka/Endless Waltz attached)

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    @Gatsby how does the skeleton for the Vidar feel?

Going by your photos, it looks very similar to the skeleton for the 1/100 Barbatos? Which I'm kinda dreading a bit, because of how much that kit peeved me when I was building it.

• Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    I got a resin conversion kit
    that turned this
    304?cb=20110214001109
    into this
    310?cb=20131004172901

g3pxcfbixrrc.jpg
    bc7ghnz2ots2.jpg
    gh8ja6p3wcgr.jpg

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    What is the story with the dapper mustached Gundam?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    What is the story with the dapper mustached Gundam?

mustaches were in in 1999

also its designed by syd mead

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    I crack up every time I see the Turn A

• Options

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Wait. That thing was designed in 1999? The mustache and bell bottoms screamed late 70's to early 80's.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Wait. That thing was designed in 1999? The mustache and bell bottoms screamed late 70's to early 80's.

probably 98 or 97 whenever they did preproduction

but its syd mead, so

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    Fun fact: One of Mead's initial Turn A designs wound up becoming the Sumo

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »

I expected no less from you.

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    ct20qm5.jpg

Also it is useful for Farming

EDIT: The MG comes with a cow but it's super out of scale. It takes up practically an entire rack in the Turn A's chest instead of being small enough to fit in one of the missile tubes.

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    it's pretty neat to see how mead started off with the rx78
    animebooks-com_2270_88659710.jpg
    709ce6474b493c6fc372d8f42e8206ce.jpg

but the Turn A's still no Borjarnon, tho

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Syd Mead actually did some redesigns and concept art back in the very late 70s or early 80s for a potential American live action Gundam project. They aren't super divergent from the originals but they're certainly interesting. If I wasn't mobile posting I'd inline some of the concept art.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    also neat: since syd mead is a consummate professional, every one of his turn a drawings are signed and dated- it looks like most of the development happened over june and july '98 (also worth noting that atsushi shigeta handled the final lineart cleanup)

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    What kits should I take on next

Kshatriyas, Doven wolf, byarlant custom, or normal ass hg kimaris

• Options
    i vote doven wolf

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    The Rouei is 21 bucks on amazon

jeebus

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Veldrin wrote: »
    @Gatsby how does the skeleton for the Vidar feel?

Going by your photos, it looks very similar to the skeleton for the 1/100 Barbatos? Which I'm kinda dreading a bit, because of how much that kit peeved me when I was building it.

@Veldrin It's...yeah aside from the feet and head it's the Barbatos frame. Some parts give me grief, I hate the little front-of-neck attachment that kept falling off until I superglued it, but otherwise it's sturdy. The lack of colour application stickers is great on the Vidar at least, and its gimmicks look real cool.

• Options
    Oh jeez yes, that neck attachment is the worst

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I've started watching 00 but I'm not in love with any of the Gundams enough to want to build them, and the Flags are just ugly

I guess Exia is a nice clean update of the basic "hero Gundam" design but it doesn't excite me

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    So with a lot of my favorite Gundams coming to blu-ray and getting nice treatment (08th, 0080, 0083) what're the odds I'll see some new nice kits of suits from them shows

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    So with a lot of my favorite Gundams coming to blu-ray and getting nice treatment (08th, 0080, 0083) what're the odds I'll see some new nice kits of suits from them shows

The GM Ground Type from 08th just got a new HG and the GM Sniper II from 0080 just got a new MG! The GP01/GP01Fb has a RG that's relatively recent and also good

I would kill for a new MG Kampfer though

This discussion has been closed.