As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Come post pictures of your [Gunpla] & other scale models in this thread

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Oh wow, the 1/100 scale Barbatos 6th Form includes the original mace in addition to the goofy dinosaur shaped one? How come they didn't show that off a little more?

Hrrrrm. I don't really like 6th Form. Be pretty stupid to buy a whole kit just to get one weapon accessory, huh?

Totally gonna. :tell_me_more:

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    Everyone forgets about Haro. Then Psyco Haro shows up!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    wait is it haro or halo
    that box spells it halo

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Akin to the EXAM system's aggression and tendency to go berserk, the HADES can activate without the pilot's consent when it detects a perceived threat, regardless of it being an ally or foe
    they are just the worst at designing this shit in the gundam universes huh

The same applies to politics.

Goddamnit, if we can't have our freedom, we're just going to colony drop and nerve gas everyone who disagrees with us! We have the moral high ground!

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    wait is it haro or halo
    that box spells it halo

Haro

"Halo" is one of those issues with Japanese language having difficulties with L and R, is my guess.

which, incidentally, is fascinating regarding learning and perceiving language, specifically second languages: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perception_of_English_/r/_and_/l/_by_Japanese_speakers
    Evidence from Best & Strange (1992) and Yamada & Tohkura (1992) suggest that Japanese speakers perceive English /r/ as somewhat like the compressed-lip velar approximant [w͍] and other studies[4] have shown speakers to hear it more as an ill-formed Japanese /r/. Goto (1971) reports that native speakers of Japanese who have learned English as adults have difficulty perceiving the acoustic differences between English /r/ and /l/, even if the speakers are comfortable with conversational English, have lived in an English-speaking country for extended periods, and can articulate the two sounds when speaking English.

Just that alone makes me wonder: Just what other phonetics can we not perceive once our language centers progress to a certain point without exposure to them?

...This is probably rather off topic

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Akin to the EXAM system's aggression and tendency to go berserk, the HADES can activate without the pilot's consent when it detects a perceived threat, regardless of it being an ally or foe
    they are just the worst at designing this shit in the gundam universes huh

The same applies to politics.

Goddamnit, if we can't have our freedom, we're just going to colony drop and nerve gas everyone who disagrees with us! We have the moral high ground!

I find that part a lot less difficult to suspend my disbelief for, depressingly

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    I got a new MSIA figure to add to my collection a couple of weeks ago.

So as the Gundam Mobile Suit in Action line went on Bandai began to go back and redesign quite a few of the Universal Century figures. One of the beneficiaries of this redesign was the Zaku II. Better joints were incorporated, the figures were slightly scaled up so more detail was available, and even the weapons were improved. Second versions of the Zaku II, Zaku II High Mobility, RX78-2 (edit: there was also a "version 2" style of the prototype RX78-1 made, I can take some pictures of mine later next week), Dom (technically the first version is the Rick Dom with rocket boosters made for space combat, but the second version saw both a Rick Dom v2 and a regular Dom with the hover jets), GM, and a few other suits were made before the line disappeared.

This is the Zaku II High Mobility Type personal unit of Johnny Ridden. It was released as part of a Dengeki Hobby Magazine exclusive line of MSIA figures. Typically they would produce limited repaints of Ace units like Johnny Ridden, Gabby Hazzard, Robert Gilliam, and even a Char version of the Dom (which I also got a couple of months ago but haven't taken pictures of yet, would later be made in the Fix Figuration/Zeonography line). I also have the First Version of this figure which is a much brighter red (I don't have it at my apartment for a comparison, but it is screaming bright red). The first version Zaku IIs and High Mobility Zaku IIs are very slightly shorter and much less poseable but also received Dengeki Hobby (and Hyper Hobby) Ace repaints. Some character versions have the protective leg skirts while others (like the Black Tristars HM Zaku IIs) don't. The backpack is removeable but unfortunately not compatible with the normal version 2 Zaku IIs. The poseable mono eye wouldn't show up until the Extended Mobile Suit in Action line (which again remade the Zaku IIs adding even more poseability and detail)
    lldz11eexpdg.jpg
    ijn3c9s8fx2u.jpg

Wait just a god damn second....We can talk about Gundam toys in this thread?

You guys, I have like a million pics to show you!
    hTxR7ki.png

hYVEh2v.jpg

4uP09tg.png

1M6UClI.jpg

lUADJKz.jpg

AVMNJJo.jpg

Lek9KLH.jpg

All of these are Robot Damashii (with exception to the Hi-Metal Dougram) but I also collect MSIA, GFF, HCM-Pro, and Gunpla.. although I've only built a half of one gunpla so far. Everything I collect is strictly Universal Century (best century).

Just picked up a couple HCM-Pro's that I'm working on pics of now too. A Zaku II w/ assault troop carrier & Magella tank and a special painted version of Char's Dom.

Edit:
    Since the podcast thread is having so much fun with it I figured I'd share it here:

What is your Gundam Name?

Note: your result may be NSFW.

Charma Pastah

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    What do you think about the HCM Pros? I've been thinking of picking a few up because at this point I'm only missing a handful of regular MSIA releases and the rest are rare exclusives that range from hard (Amuro color Zeta or MKII) to impossible (the exclusive color GMs) to find.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Since the podcast thread is having so much fun with it I figured I'd share it here:

What is your Gundam Name?

Note: your result may be NSFW.

Charma Pastah
    Alexander Williams's Gundam name is Bing Horney.

• Options
    524l0j000j1m.jpg

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    omg
    7csrmawdd48w.png

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Bring Stabbity's Gundam name is Bing Wario.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    What am I looking at?

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    What am I looking at?

It looks like part of the "hands" backpack for the HG G-Reco Gaeon. I'm guessing he either put on some of the parts backwards, or just has part of the left and right halves confused. Probably the latter.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    What do you think about the HCM Pros? I've been thinking of picking a few up because at this point I'm only missing a handful of regular MSIA releases and the rest are rare exclusives that range from hard (Amuro color Zeta or MKII) to impossible (the exclusive color GMs) to find.

They're incredibly well detailed and painted for something of that size. They're only a little bigger than an amiibo (and around the same price point), yet they have the same level of detail and articulation as a well made 1/144 scale HG kit. Some of the special painted versions even go beyond that with weathering and even minute things like pistons and other small mechanical aspects are detailed and painted. They're a great supplement for whatever you're collecting now and make for excellent desk toys. You can find a bunch for cheap on Mandarake:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/listPage/serchKeyWord?categoryCode=00&keyword=Hcm-pro

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Renzo wrote: »
    What am I looking at?
    The colors on the fingers are supposed to line up with the base, I put them on backwards and spent an inordinate amount of time prying the hand apart to fix it

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Was there any story behind the Solomon Express models?

• Options
    LogicReasonLogicReason Registered User regular
    Hey all! Haven't checked into the thread in a while, but I have built some things!
    Spoilered for huge.

Gundam Tryon (This guy's giant sword isn't very easy for it to hold. May have to downgrade him to the small beamsabers)
    uifsl1hdhv0j.jpg

Powered GM Cardigan
    gzicj2kjk98j.jpg

Gundam X Maoh (I really liked this design, and it went together in a fun build)
    ixlk5ogkqw7g.jpg

Now I need to look at the pile of stuff I have and either finish up the Master Grade GM Sniper II, or crack open some other HG I have. Decisions!

• Options
    edited June 2017

They're incredibly well detailed and painted for something of that size. They're only a little bigger than an amiibo (and around the same price point), yet they have the same level of detail and articulation as a well made 1/144 scale HG kit. Some of the special painted versions even go beyond that with weathering and even minute things like pistons and other small mechanical aspects are detailed and painted. They're a great supplement for whatever you're collecting now and make for excellent desk toys. You can find a bunch for cheap on Mandarake:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/listPage/serchKeyWord?categoryCode=00&keyword=Hcm-pro

Awesome. I forgot that I had gotten an HCM figure (Zeong) in a lot of MSIA a year or two ago. And it really is well detailed for 1/200 scale. It also came with the legs so it could be set up as the finished Perfect Zeong. After I "finished' my MSIA collection I was going to start picking up some of the Fix Figuration/Zeonography figures, but I may check out the HCMs first now.

NSDFRand on
  • Options
    tumblr_oq9qazY93t1vujbhmo1_1280.png

• Options
    edited June 2017
    A Robot Spirits ANIME Prototype Gundam has been revealed:

4LC799C.jpg

I look forward to pre-ordering my 12th RX-78 variant.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    A thought just occured

Are any Robot Damashii effect parts cross compatible with 1/144 (I assume RD is similar size) Gunpla?

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    mg-gundam-tr-1-hazel-custom.JPG

MG Hazel Announced
    P-Bandai Exclusive :(

Supposedly reusing the MG Gundam Mk.II Ver. 2.0 frame

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »

Probably something to do with the upcoming ova

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »

I'm thinking so as well

I'm just confused why the Martial Arts themed unit has a rifle.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    A thought just occured

Are any Robot Damashii effect parts cross compatible with 1/144 (I assume RD is similar size) Gunpla?

The ANIME subline that those parts come from is 1/144 scale, yes. I'm not sure how well the accessories would fit since I haven't built a gunpla in years though. Even if they don't I'd imagine the work required to allow them to be able to would be minor.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular

MG Hazel Announced

https://youtu.be/a7jJnwEeiU0

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular

I'm thinking so as well

It's the new kit Sei builds after season 1, so I'm guessing it's the in-between stage before he dedicates Build Burning entirely to hand-to-hand combat

• Options

I'm thinking so as well

It's supposed to bridge the gap between the Star Build Strike and the Build Burning Gundam. The SMG transforms into a rifle by flipping the back piece to the front in the same way that the SBS's rifle would transform to the mega rifle.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

I'm thinking so as well

Two words: Gun Kata.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mAH_6V5h4c

• Options

MG Hazel Announced

give me chunky boy gundams yes

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Thin Double Zeta?! Such a thing has never been done...

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I want that og guntank

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    man i love the gritty organic scifi gundam AU a bunch

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Kow Yokoyama's designs disturb me on a deep level.

• Options
    jgeis wrote: »
    Kow Yokoyama's designs disturb me on a deep level.

what, you don't think arthropods are adorable? :rotate:

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.