As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Come post pictures of your [Gunpla] & other scale models in this thread

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    1/144 articulated hands

*internal screaming intensifies*

No thank you. 1/100 articulated hands are scary enough.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    i just want my kids to be able to do fingers guns! or flip someone off! so many possibilities

the real hell will be deciding who gets to have them

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Jeeez, I really hope they make a Thunderbolt Acguy kit.

I don't even care which loadout they go with, they're all so good.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

Fuck me that's great. Really curious to see how it looks from the "wrong" angle as well. Must play with your head a bit vs room lights.
    @Inquisitor any chance you saved the name on that tank? It's adorable and I want one.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular

i also folded and ordered my first p-bandai kit (space type pale rider)

now if i could just stop playing overwatch long enough to actually build one of these.....

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular

now if i could just stop playing overwatch long enough to actually build one of these.....

in the interest of full disclosure

the bears were not organized like this on the shelf, he specifically set them up like that to take a photo

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    i mean how else was i gonna get all of them in the frame

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular

I was gonna order the Pale Rider but I ended up ordering the MG Hazel Custom instead :X

• Options
    hey so those hands were actually pretty simple to put together! only one really tricky set of pieces, the "knuckles" that connect the fingers to the actual hand assembly. the articulation is pretty great! the ball joint is a little small though... anyone have experience fixing an issue like that? i'm reading that a coat of dried glue or nail polish can work

also didn't realize that "dark grey" meant... black, essentially. so they don't really go with any of my 1/144 kits. oh well, still lots of fun! maybe i'll pick up some regular grey at some point since i'm assuming painting these won't work

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    is there some sort of interesting history to how those bear robot models came to exist

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Where'd you end up ordering the P-Bandai kit from

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    is there some sort of interesting history to how those bear robot models came to exist

It started with Beargguy, which was a retool of the Acguy for the OVA Gundam Builders, which later resulted in Build Fighters where the Beargguy III came about. Then in the second season, Build Fighters Try, another Beargguy is made, this time with a tiny baby bear, Petit'GGuy. It was essentially Bandai realising just how easily they could print money.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

Fuck me that's great. Really curious to see how it looks from the "wrong" angle as well. Must play with your head a bit vs room lights.
    Inquisitor any chance you saved the name on that tank? It's adorable and I want one.

@QuantumTurk It's the Sherman from World War Toons

• Options

pre-orders were already filled at a lot of places so i pretty much just went with the first available google result that had it in stock

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    weeeeeeellllll i ordered an ez-8 and a revive rx-78

continually pushing off the temptation to get that p-bandai heavy arms until it is out of stock on amazon

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    That's, almost creepy.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular

pre-orders were already filled at a lot of places so i pretty much just went with the first available google result that had it in stock

Use Anime-Export, much safer than Google roulette

plus I know a secret that will let you order anything from there even if it's sold out, as long as it's done at least a week prior to release

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I wonder what scale it is

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    the cel shaded style is so friggin cool

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Just when I thought I'd gotten this monkey off my back, a friend at work who's moving house asked if I wanted some gunpla that he'd never built
    So this weekend I'll be taking delivery of a Graze Custom, HGUC Jegan, HGUC Jesta, and once he finds it, an F91

he's also got a 1/100 Hi-Nu but I haven't committed to that one yet

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Oh nice, are those the articulated hands?

• Options
    Yup! They fit snug as a bug on the revive rx-78 too, so that problem is solved

• Options
    edited July 2017
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    is that an armored core? it reminds me of an armored core

yeah that's totally the one from that one intro cinematic right?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    yup its armored core

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    The hobby store did not have the gunpla I was looking for so instead I got the Rogue One Bandai X-Wing that comes with an even smaller 1/144 X-Wing. Going to have it attacking some Gundam.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    AHAHA this 1/144 X-Wing is super cute! I wish I could just buy several of the frame that has the parts so I could have a bunch of these!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    edited July 2017

Armoured core- oh look, its one of my exes.

And there goes my birthday money: RG Unicorn.

HyperBallad on
    Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Friend dragged me to the hobby shop today because he wanted paints, and while i was there I stumbled across the cutest little tank for $8, I just had to have it!

HshCZEi.jpg

Shocking number of pieces, three small runners worth, moving (rubber treads) rotating turret with some barrel elevation, etc. Super pleased with the cutie for the price. Just trimmed some flash and dry fit it for now, might take it apart and paint it down the road. Fun evening build.

What shop did you find that at? I love it!

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    Friend dragged me to the hobby shop today because he wanted paints, and while i was there I stumbled across the cutest little tank for $8, I just had to have it!

http://i.imgur.com/HshCZEi.jpg

Shocking number of pieces, three small runners worth, moving (rubber treads) rotating turret with some barrel elevation, etc. Super pleased with the cutie for the price. Just trimmed some flash and dry fit it for now, might take it apart and paint it down the road. Fun evening build.

and do they have other tanks?

I want one in a T-34

I just found them I think

https://hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?Maker1=MEN&Word=World War Toons

I see a KV-2 at least! That's pretty cute.

I want them all! They are up on amazon too I think.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    not having a t-34 in that line is an injustice

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular

Armoured core- oh look, its one of my exes.

And there goes my birthday money: RG Unicorn.

Heres a pic of one of my exes
    fwnukroje9u8.jpg

• Options
    This Red Leader Bandai X-Wing kit is way better than the first X-Wing they did. It seems to go together better and the decals/stickers are far superior.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    not having a t-34 in that line is an injustice

I need a cute Sherman though.

I really shouldn't have clicked on this thread I really am going to get all three of those eventually.

The cartoonishly oversized turret on the KV-1 is also pretty hilarious.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Whiiiiite Gliiiint.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    GR_Zombie wrote: »

HshCZEi.jpg

I grabbed it from Burbank House of Hobbies.

• Options
    FYI There are a fuckton of tiny decals for this X-Wing. Way more than the other X-Wing kit. Just tons of tiny labels and arrows, and panel callouts, all in star wars language. I assume it is to represent the higher quality CG models from Rouge One. I am about 3/4 of the way through putting them all on but it makes it look much more like a functional aircraft.

This discussion has been closed.