As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Puzzle & Dragons] Not-At-All Equivalent Exchange: Fullmetal Alchemist Collab

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    3 dupes and the gold wisdom king, Vajrayaksa

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    For the first time in forever, I did none rolls on either day of the godfest. I am saving my stones for that dragon caller REM we'll get sometime around the heat death of the universe.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    lakshmi,
    sharon,
    hanzo

Oh yuck

I thought hanzo was a good pull, now that they have that new assist thing?

I have pulled him 3 times.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Free roll supergirl - think she’s a decent recipient for valk’s equip

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    I don't really think the equips look all that good.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    I just wasted so many latent Tamadra because I thought I had regular hp latents but they were enhanced hp latents, I thought my all stats latents would be better so I overwrote my 2 enhanced hp latents and wasted 3 all stats latents too. Then I bought 3 more hp latents from the shop figurung they would be the same as the ones I had just spent and figured out my mistake by seeing that the result in the fusion menu was different from what I expected, wasting 30k MP as well.

I'm an idiot. But PAD also has horrendous explanations for these systems.

Fucking PAD why are you so bad sometimes.

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    So uh the new collab machine, which I got a free pull on, is justice league and it's weird.

I have a green arrow now I guess

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Guess I'll log in for free stuff.

Main: Knightmare Batman
    Alt: Flash

• Options
    edited November 2017
    So as someone whos relatively new to this, is there a good way to find out if the character I draw is any good? Also are mono color teams a thing? I ask because every god fest I get like 3 light colored gods that are all healer types.

Edit: I've used http://www.puzzledragonx.com/ but I have no idea what to do with the info there or how to tell if what I am doing is good.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    mono color teams are probably the main thing

after a while you get a sense of what's good or not but probably the best thing to do is just ask

and then you can judge how good it really is by how much we argue about it

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Main: Aquaman
    Alt: dupe Wonder Woman

welp. Gross.

• Options
    Apparently Knightmare Batman becomes Armor Batman, who was apparently kind of good a year or so ago I guess.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I got my third Batwoman and Green Arrow. Eh.

I guess I should clear out the new JL missions for the stone.

Edit: I just failed the Mythical 50 point one three times in a row and feel like an idiot. I guess I really do need to redo my teams a bit. Ugh.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Well right now I have a mostly mono light team with Vajrayaksa as my leader, and with Flash Sorcerer, Rei Sirius; Armored Blue Blade Knight Arcline; Archangel Metatron; and Amaterasu. They do pretty ok, but I have some good shadow characters in the wings, Divine Flying General Lu Bu looks great, and I also have Destroying CyberDragon Diadem and Black Beast Demon Zuoh who just seem powerful but then again I don't know shit.

• Options
    I’d try out holy war mediator metatron as leader in your case

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    So how do you guys run mono color, I always have trouble because the game wants to give me every color BUT the one I need.

• Options
    CarthageCarthage Registered User regular
    Both Zuoh and Lu Bu would be great leaders for a newish player. There's nothing wrong with adding in some non-god/farmable/regular monsters, especially any ones that change orbs - for example, Vampire changes hearts to dark orbs and is also a devil for Lu Bu.

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    So how do you guys run mono color, I always have trouble because the game wants to give me every color BUT the one I need.

I use a lot of orb changers
    The git gud approach is to just to clear 6+ combo so you’ve got an even chance of getting all the colors

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Part of playing PAD is acknowledging that sometimes the orbs you need won't fall in and that will absolutely fuck you.

Another part is realizing that sometimes this means exactly the orbs you need will fall in, saving you utterly, and making for some of the best moments of the game alongside pulling the monster you want, clearing a dungeon that was challenging to you, and clearing a dungeon that was impossible for you alone with the help of someone you're communicating with in multiplayer.

It has its moments.

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Well right now I have a mostly mono light team with Vajrayaksa as my leader, and with Flash Sorcerer, Rei Sirius; Armored Blue Blade Knight Arcline; Archangel Metatron; and Amaterasu. They do pretty ok, but I have some good shadow characters in the wings, Divine Flying General Lu Bu looks great, and I also have Destroying CyberDragon Diadem and Black Beast Demon Zuoh who just seem powerful but then again I don't know shit.

Well first off the "All attribute cards ATK x4 when attacking with 4 of following orb types: Fire, Water, Wood, Light, Dark & Heart. ATK x1 for each additional orb type, up to ATK x6 for all 6 matches." only triggers if your team has someone with that attribute to attack with. When it comes to leader skills like that and building a mono color team the usual approach is have your main color as the primary and the other colors as the secondary.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm finding it hard to find a reason to log in every day lately. I haven't spent all my stamina in forever.

Probably because I'm not motivated by any projects right now. No new or good pulls lately, so... meh?

• Options
    I've hit a spot where I can't seem to progress on anything but technical dungeons anymore, so I'm focusing on that

• Options
    Ugh geeze, I need more space so I'm cleaning out anything that isn't an evo material or a god and it hurts to get rid of some of these cool looking rares. I just know I'll never use em

• Options
    Ugh geeze, I need more space so I'm cleaning out anything that isn't an evo material or a god and it hurts to get rid of some of these cool looking rares. I just know I'll never use em

Spend stones on space.

• Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    I have no idea what I'm doing. My wife and I loaded this up and there is so much new content since we played ~3 years ago. Assists? Multiplayer? A million new descends? 7x6 board monsters? Reincarnations? Ahhhh!

I still have such good monsters from before but don't think I have it in me to try to get up to speed. But holy heck, new players don't know how good they have it. A small metal dragon actually gives amazing experience! It's so easy to max level people now. And you don't have to log in to metal dragons based on the hour? Back in mah day...

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    Smoogy wrote: »
    I have no idea what I'm doing. My wife and I loaded this up and there is so much new content since we played ~3 years ago. Assists? Multiplayer? A million new descends? 7x6 board monsters? Reincarnations? Ahhhh!

I still have such good monsters from before but don't think I have it in me to try to get up to speed. But holy heck, new players don't know how good they have it. A small metal dragon actually gives amazing experience! It's so easy to max level people now. And you don't have to log in to metal dragons based on the hour? Back in mah day...

But now monsters in higher tier dungeons have literally hundreds of millions of HP, and there are monsters that take 16M exp to level to max.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Yeah well...I'm only playing Int/expert dungeons cuz anything above that is way too stressful :) I stopped playing because it got too complex, and looks like that trend def continued.

I did enjoy the guaranteed gold egg+ rare egg machine to use the last of my old stones. That is also super QoL improvement, though I have no idea what half the people I pulled were and probably still better for godfests, I'm sure. But still. You know how many mystic red knights and golems I pulled back in the day? Haha! You guys never had it so good. Though I guess it probably just amounts to power creep.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    Yeah well...I'm only playing Int/expert dungeons cuz anything above that is way too stressful :) I stopped playing because it got too complex, and looks like that trend def continued.

I did enjoy the guaranteed gold egg+ rare egg machine to use the last of my old stones. That is also super QoL improvement, though I have no idea what half the people I pulled were and probably still better for godfests, I'm sure. But still. You know how many mystic red knights and golems I pulled back in the day? Haha! You guys never had it so good. Though I guess it probably just amounts to power creep.

It's not even power creep anymore... It's power leap. They'll put out some new godfest exclusive monster, at 6* rarity, and the meta game changes overnight. That really neat leader you pulled a month ago now needs a buff (which it will get in a year) to hang.

I think Dark Athena (available in the monster point shop for 750k) can still handle almost anything in the game if you can afford to buy her.

• Options
    akjak wrote: »

It's not even power creep anymore... It's power leap. They'll put out some new godfest exclusive monster, at 6* rarity, and the meta game changes overnight. That really neat leader you pulled a month ago now needs a buff (which it will get in a year) to hang.

I think Dark Athena (available in the monster point shop for 750k) can still handle almost anything in the game if you can afford to buy her.

Dark Athena needs the Haku meta team though. She also demands the ability to combo hard because boy you really don't have a lot of time extension to do it.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »

Dark Athena needs the Haku meta team though. She also demands the ability to combo hard because boy you really don't have a lot of time extension to do it.

Teamwork makes the meme work.

• Options

No she doesn't. The whole point of her is that she steamrolls 98% of the content by matching a dark TPA and some blue. I only recently got more than 1 Haku, and my team for her is solid.

• Options

No she doesn't. The whole point of her is that she steamrolls 98% of the content by matching a dark TPA and some blue. I only recently got more than 1 Haku, and my team for her is solid.

If that content has combo shield or resolve you are turbofucked though.

And goddamn everything has those two in combination now along with other incredibly awful mechanics.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Rolling the REM for +eggs is a huge waste of stones . 1 of the guerrilla dungeons gives guaranteed +eggs and the fastest way to farm it is in multiplayer with 1 player clearing it by pushing active skills while the other does literally nothing. So for the price of a REM roll you could probably run it enough times to get a +297.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    n412umla0zfx.jpg

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Against all odds

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Since I have 0 MP and am not sure how to get them, I"m thinking Dark Athena is not possible, hehe. I do have two Haku's from before that I would love to use as well. She was always my fave.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    Since I have 0 MP and am not sure how to get them, I"m thinking Dark Athena is not possible, hehe. I do have two Haku's from before that I would love to use as well. She was always my fave.

You get MP by selling monsters. Most drops are 1, dungeon bosses are 10-20, and REM monsters are 3k-50k.

You also earn them in multi-player

• Options
    Sounds like a lot of dedication to get 750k for Dark Athena then. Yowza!

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    They gave out like 300k+ MP last summer. 750K is doable within 1 year. It depends on what monsters you pull for sale.

• Options
    I can't handle updating PadHerder with everything. It's too daunting. So, what should my DAthena team be? I've been using Persephone, Haku, Haku, Lumiel, Asmodeus. Or is there a better team I can make than relying on friend Athena? I have stuff like Orochi and three Raphaels sitting around for Assists. If you have a suggestion that's not dark I might have it, I just took shots of my dark box (including random crap and things still to be evolved).
    420djw4sqcs1.jpg

Also apparently I can make this spare Ronia into the special Assist thing? Should I? Could slap it somewhere on that Krishna team...I never use anymore...

Is there a BFF reset anytime soon? I still have one to give. I need to find one of you to give it to.

uyvfOQy.png