As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Harmonix] New Rock Band peripherals are coming!

• Options
    sir_pinch-a-loafsir_pinch-a-loaf #YODORegistered User regular

Apparently the Suicide Silence check cleared

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2019
    On one hand I'm not really buying the RBN metal, but on the other hand Metal was like 90% of RBN so even if Harmonix was 100% random pulling songs to port over they'd probably have about the same outcome

i ran the numbers once, there's more RBN metal than there are RB4 era DLC tracks.

edit: there's 760 RBN Metal songs. RB4 is up to around 550 releases. There's more RBN metal than any individual year of RB official DLC, even at it's height, and more RBN metal than 2011, 2012, and 2013's official releases combined.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I feel like I never know who these bands are for the DLC anymore.

• Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    I assume it's a combination of needing to reach cheaper and cheaper deals, and me just being really old now and not knowing new music.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was a case of lesser known bands, the overall lower popularity of rock compared to other genres, or me just being out of touch.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Shallow Waters is from the very first year of RBN and is an okay song that sucks on bass if your guitar doesn't handle alt-strums well. Seemingly all of the Euro-Metal from the platform has enough word-of-mouth/internet support, or is just so damn cheap to license for RB4 that it's all getting ported over piece-by-piece.

As for the Chiodos, I have no clue on the band or their music, all I know that name from is the guys that did Killer Clowns from Outer Space and the puppets for Team America: World Police.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    JonBob wrote: »
    I assume it's a combination of needing to reach cheaper and cheaper deals, and me just being really old now and not knowing new music.

They're doing RBN re-releases during the season break. Both of those are old songs. (Don't worry we're still both getting old and don't know new music :P )

• Options

had to check, that makes 5 All That Remains tracks this year alone. hooray for variety.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Finally! A song I know! That Of Monsters and Men track is alright.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Yeah, they go RBN/Rewind heavy in the season breaks. I also don't expect the big heavy hitters during summer vacation in the US.

had to check, that makes 5 All That Remains tracks this year alone. hooray for variety.

I mean, I guess in the olden days they would have all been in a pack together, but packs have extra legal overhead and they used to have to intentionally sit on songs until enough were approved to make a pack. Those days are gone. Plus being an RBN re-release seems to make it harder to be packed or Spotlight Pass'd.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    oh nice selection!

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Blink now has had DLC releases in Rock Band spanning 11.5 years .

• Options

#6 for All That Remains in 2019............

• Options
    from reddit:

The following things are on sale (25% off) on XB1 this week:
    "Bitch" - Meredith Brooks
    "The Hand That Feeds" - Nine Inch Nails (rewind)
    "Suffragette City" - David Bowie (rewind)
    30 Song Mega Pack

The Rivals bundle (40% off) and Rivals expansion (25% off) are also on sale.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Is it still possible to export RB3? I still don't have an XBO, but I do still have RB1-3 (1 an 2 already exported), and I have two unopened Jaguars in my closet.

Also, super bitter that Circa Survive is in, but still no dredg. Still surprised they never added any Dreamcar tracks. Almost that entire album seemed perfect for Rock Band.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Fawst wrote: »
    Is it still possible to export RB3? I still don't have an XBO, but I do still have RB1-3 (1 an 2 already exported), and I have two unopened Jaguars in my closet.

Also, super bitter that Circa Survive is in, but still no dredg. Still surprised they never added any Dreamcar tracks. Almost that entire album seemed perfect for Rock Band.

Yes, although exports tend to last 5 years so if RB3's export is gonna expire, it's gonna expire in November 2020.

Also reminder to everyone, that 30 song megapack is the only way to get the RB1 Harmonix tracks, so in USD it's 11.40 for 21 (13 RBN + 8 HMX RB1) tracks even if you have the RB2 songs that are inside the pack.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    One of the surveys mentioned interest in new instruments, has anyone heard anything else on that?

I just tried playing three songs and had over 200 combined excess phantom strums which I think means my last guitar that has an at least kind of not fucked up tilt sensor is dying. $250 for a new one that might not even be new on amazon >_<

• Options
    I would kill for a new drumset but good luck getting a good one regardless of who's manufacturing them.

• Options
    edited August 2019

apparently they're doing a piecemeal release of a Sleater-Kinney pack of song from *checks notes* 3 albums and 14 years ago.

edit: oh right, RBN tracks

sir_pinch-a-loaf on
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/an-update-on-dropmix

not RB but Harmonix is taking over DropMix from Hasbro re: the app . No more cards/boards planned.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    FyreWulff wrote: »

This might be the first pass for me in ages. The only thing that looks even a little interesting is drums and I don't really play drums since RB4 launched (and I broke my rock pedal >_< ). I'll have to check out a full playthrough video once they're up.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    this would be one of those pop songs i'm buying even if it's not difficult but because it's a party pleaser.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I would kill for a new drumset but good luck getting a good one regardless of who's manufacturing them.

Get the MIDI Pro adapter and assemble an electronic drumkit piecemeal!

• Options

CELEBRATING 4 YEARS WITH A NEW ROCK BAND 4 UPDATE!

Hey everyone!

We’re celebrating our birthday with a new update to Rock Band 4! Happy birthday, us.

Thanks to everyone reading this, Rock Band 4 is still going strong over four years in! With over 200 weeks of DLC releases, we’re absolutely blowing every other Rock Band DLC stretch out of the water. And along with that came dozens of updates to Rock Band 4, including this one. We absolutely couldn’t have done this without our players, and we’re grateful to all of you.

With that in mind, let’s get into what this update includes and changes.

Prevented certain kinds of crashes during online gameplay
    We’ve improved behavior for everyone overall, but do note that sufficiently poor connections can still experience issues. When this occurs, the player will return to the main menu rather than crashing the game
    The crash caused by playing several consecutive hours online on a base-model console should no longer occur
    Prevented crashing when inspecting stats of select Crews
    [PS4 only] Prevented crashing when navigating the Music Store with a legacy controller
    Vocal Overdrive no longer has an audio cue when ending
    Band multiplier has adjusted horizontal alignment

The game has an all-around boost in performance, from better behavior noted above to a snappier response time in menus throughout. Rock Band 4 handles a lot of content at once, and we’ve made some changes to help it best handle growing song lists. This performance bump can be seen on all models of consoles, so whether you’re on the standard variants or a Pro/X, you should have a better time.

We made small changes to in-game indicators as well. Vocals were the only instrument that played a sound upon Overdrive expiring, and it sounded just like the ‘miss’ audio cue, which could cause panic and confusion. Now Overdrive ends with exclusively visual cues to align with the other instruments. We've also adjusted the band multiplier so it sits a bit better in its ring.

Last, but certainly not least, comes tons of character creator additions. We took in feedback from a prior survey when making this set, and we think you’ll like what you see.

To celebrate 4 years of RB4, we’re adding a ton of trippy clothes. We’ve got four different 4-year shirts (get it? Do you get it?) to choose from. They even move! You don’t get that kind of quality out of real-life cotton. You’ll also see a stylized Track Skin to really put your game in the birthday mood. The Track Skin is available now, but we'll be adding the shirts tomorrow.

We’re also adding the long-awaited clear glasses. No longer will you need prescription sunglasses, you can now wear standard glasses in seven different styles. That’s new frames for every day of the week.

Finally, you can also find new animated shirts in the Rock Shop. These aren’t tied to our birthday celebrations, so they’re good for any day of the year! To round it out, we’re also adding a few new material-based Track Skins for everyone. Check out wood, metal, and chainmail texturing in your Rock Shop.

We won’t show them off quite yet, but we’ve also added a new wave of Rivals rewards into the game. Again built with survey results in mind, you can look forward to these appearing as rewards throughout the next year. Be sure to keep an eye out for them!

And that covers it from us! We’re grateful to all of you, new and old, for helping us bring Rock Band 4 this far and hope to see you in the future. Be sure to pick up the free DLC tomorrow as a gift from us, and do your best in Season 13 for those cool new instruments. See you next time!

-Derek