As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Harmonix] New Rock Band peripherals are coming!

• Options
    sir_pinch-a-loafsir_pinch-a-loaf #YODORegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Last week, it took me way too long to realize that Don't Let Her Go wasn't just a DLC song that I didn't own... it was part of the 4 free songs, but had to be downloaded separately ("Buying" the 4 free song pack from the store was only the first step).

I was struggling to get our percentage up enough to be promoted with just 1 spotlight song, and we were barely there... then I realized my mistake, played 1 instrument on Don't Let Her Go... boom, instant 8% jump.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Is it just me or does it feel like they're now doing a thing with the songs chosen for the challenges where every week higher difficulty songs are chosen?

I mean if they are I can understand the logic but frankly for me that just means I skip the last weeks because skittle waterfalls are in no way fun for me.

• Options
    ff7007ff7007 Pittsburgh, PARegistered User regular
    Isn't this season doing an instrument focus thing? Would make sense if the second pass was highlighting higher difficulties I guess.

PSN: Rauhy FFRK: 9YYP Steam: Rauhy Battle.net: Rauhy#1977
  • Options
    Yeah, the first 4 weeks featured easier songs, with an instrument focus each time. Last week was harder guitar songs, this week is hard bass, and we’ll have hard vocals and drums coming up.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »
    Yeah, the first 4 weeks featured easier songs, with an instrument focus each time. Last week was harder guitar songs, this week is hard bass, and we’ll have hard vocals and drums coming up.

Sorry for seemingly being MIA this season. Work/life balance is a little out of whack at the moment and I'm needing to fix/tighten the strum bar in my primary guitar. I can do a couple of hours after work tomorrow on bass, but the last month or so all I've had time to play is stuff on my Switch on the commute to and from work.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Perrsun wrote: »

Sorry for seemingly being MIA this season. Work/life balance is a little out of whack at the moment and I'm needing to fix/tighten the strum bar in my primary guitar. I can do a couple of hours after work tomorrow on bass, but the last month or so all I've had time to play is stuff on my Switch on the commute to and from work.

It's understandable. Real stuff > Video Games. And it might end up being better to just lay off this week and try to advance next week; so far the crew has about 33 song plays, and we're at 39%... so we'd need at least 30+ more songs to be played... Play a few if you feel like it, but don't feel like you have to.

I've also found that during this challenge it's easier to find the LP farming songs... since everybody is playing Bass the other instruments have lower play counts, making it easier to get a good LP ranking. I added 9000LP just by flailing through drums on a metal song that only 2 other people had played. So once we shift over to a drums focus next week that should mean easier LP on Bass (where I spend most of my time).

• Options
    I'm not sure PAPS4 is going to make it to diamond this time around. I managed to get our spotlight up in the 90s last night but I don't think we have an active singer at the moment and there's not enough songs that I want to play to grind out the LP and exp necessary.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Wow, I wouldn't have expected You're a Wolf to make the cross-over from RBN to RB4.

It's not a challenging song to play but it's a good song to listen to and to play on all instruments.

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2019
    There's also two new megapacks on the store for 42$ USD. 25 songs.

Rock Band Hits 02

unknown.png

Rock Band Hits 03

unknown.png

for someone using this to catch up on DLC for RB, 02 would be an instant recommend from me.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    Drums on Move Along are so, so fun. Everyone should own that one.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    oh man...Buddy Holly, Just What I Needed and Hitch a Ride are some of the first DLC songs I bought. So so good in all instruments. Even Just What I Needed has some fun HOPOs.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    z3ozjwv5um8a.png

4 week season, everyone starts in gold, 16$ spotlight pass so it appears every week is 3 spotlights.

edit: it's Apple Music co marketing

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Yay Highly Suspect!

...oh, it's 16

• Options
    I almost passed GG&HT on brutal. got killed by the first snake

lordy this actually feels possible now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM07VaLb2cA

• Options
    DLC this week:

Billie Eilish - bad guy
    Coldplay - Orphans
    Post Malone ft. Ozzy Osbourne & Travis Scott - Take What You Want

All 3 tracks in the spotlight pass

• Options
    No DLC this week for the holiday

• Options
    No DLC this week for the holiday

the bonus challenge is for the season 0 platinum shirt, btw

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    A Christmas miracle occurred, and PAPS4 actually made it to blood diamond or whatever the top Rivals tier is for the season that ended on Christmas Eve.

I'll probably turn back into a pumpkin soon, but it was fun to hop back on for a while the last couple of weeks and actually help HappylilElf's one elf crew out a bit :P

• Options
    Ketar wrote: »
    A Christmas miracle occurred, and PAPS4 actually made it to blood diamond or whatever the top Rivals tier is for the season that ended on Christmas Eve.

I'll probably turn back into a pumpkin soon, but it was fun to hop back on for a while the last couple of weeks and actually help HappylilElf's one elf crew out a bit :P

You are 100% the reason we made Bloodstone.

Well... ok the holidays probably played a part too in even letting us get into striking range but there is no way I was going to have enough time to get us there alone with all of the things I had go down last week :P

• Options
    Mathew BurrackMathew Burrack CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    So I think I asked this a few years back, but I'm trying to figure out a good solution again so I figured I'd see if anyone had any updated info:

We play with a triple mic setup for the harmonies, which results in quite a few long cords that are easy to trip on and get tangled and all that fun stuff. I would greatly prefer if we could just go wireless.

I tried buying an actual bluetooth handheld microphone previously, but that didn't work, mostly because it apparently would require Rock Band to actually support the particular microphone, which fine, OK.

However, it occurred to me: what if I get a USB wireless microphone? Something like the Pyle PUSBMIC50? It's wireless, but it has a USB dongle, so in theory it should just appear as a USB mic to the Xbox and thus to Rock Band (and supposedly Rock Band supports "almost" all USB mics?)

Has anyone tried using one or more wireless USB dongle mics with Rock Band? And if so, does anyone have any models they recommend? I'm tempted to just get the Pyle and experiment, but any info to narrow down my search in advance would be useful and appreciated :)

"Let's take a look at the scores! The girls are at the square root of Pi, while the boys are still at a crudely drawn picture of a duck. Clearly, it's anybody's game!"
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    I haven't tried any wireless mics, unfortunately. We have so many mics from different versions of Rock Band full band kits, along with mics from various editions of SingStar, that I could never bring myself to buy any other mics.

That said, I can totally see the appeal of wireless mics. If you end up trying it out, or get some good feedback elsewhere, please report back. It'd be pretty tempting to grab at least 1 eventually if they do work well.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    the Lips mics used to work great and were wireless, too bad they only ever worked on xbox 360 :(

• Options
    Well this is frustrating.

Played Chelsea by The Summer Set and went to rate it a 3. I pushed left twice and it disappeared. Like, it no longer shows in my library.

So I went back to the store to re-download it. The store says it's in my library.

So ok, something went funky with my DLC I guess? I go to the settings and restore licenses.

Nope, it's still missing.

what in the fuuuu

• Options
    hold blue to get to the advanced sort options and unhide 1-rated songs

• Options
    I don't hide 1 rated songs is the thing.

I'll definitely have to double check to make sure that didn't somehow get turned on at some point though.

• Options
    Yup you figured it out and I think I figured out how it happened.

I was letting my roommates' two year old play with the drums and I wasn't watching her like a hawk.

Apparently she found the options menu :P

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    oh...where's I'd do anything?

and why do I feel so old...

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Hey all....

My sync box that let me use xbox360 guitar and drums broke. It'll see the devices but the Xbox no longer recognizes them.

Any ideas on how to fix this or what to replace it with? I don't want to ditch my fender for a plastic guitar....

:(

spool32 on