Options

JRPG Thread: Suikoden is fun to say.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    SSR crystal from daily pull. Hmmm. Smells a bit fishy, what gold moon awaits?
    2nd Bonito.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Got my SSR ticket in Granblue. Pulled Beatrix. So now I have her and Forte for Dark.

Dang, you guys got lucky

All I got was the 1400 crystals

Well I wouldn't really call it lucky to get another box cheerleader...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    JRPG thread

Today my local game store got a copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga

Is it actually that awesome that it's worth spending the cash on? To anybody that's played it or, I guess, has watched playthroughs or something

Or is it something that's been overblown throughout the years

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    JRPG thread

Is it actually that awesome that it's worth spending the cash on? To anybody that's played it or, I guess, has watched playthroughs or something

well how much are they asking for it and do you have a working saturn already

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Panzer Dragoon Saga is a pretty good game, that is very unique in what it does. If you're not a big fan of the series and also a collector it's probably not worth whatever ludicrous price it's going for.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Naphtali wrote: »
    JRPG thread

well how much are they asking for it and do you have a working saturn already

$600 and yes

I'm seeing a bit of a wide variety of prices for it on eBay, but I'm a bit wary about spending that much online on a used product I can't inspect myself

The case is in good condition on this one and the discs are as well. Not mint, but no prominent scratches or anything

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    I like Panzer Dragoon because I like dragons and rail shooters and I have some nostalgia for janky first generation 3D console graphics
    is Saga the rail shooter or the RPG though, I have no experience with the RPG

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Do not spend $600 on a video game

• Options
    No video game is worth $600 dollars, imo.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I like Panzer Dragoon because I like dragons and rail shooters and I have some nostalgia for janky first generation 3D console graphics

legend of dragoon is the rpg

• Options
    edited February 2017

I'm not sure if this is intentional or not but this is a good post

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod

no no I'm pretty sure there's a Panzer Dragoon RPG

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I just

Hmm

I'm not a collector, I don't care about the rarity of rare games, I just wanna play them

And it's clear at this point that Sega has no intention whatsoever of remaking or porting what is apparently a fantastic JRPG

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Six Hundred United States Dollars.

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »
    Six Hundred United States Dollars.

Well yes but like

I could always sell it?

Okay, alternate question: does anybody have a link to a good playthrough of Panzer Dragoon Saga where there's nobody talking over video because I wanna hear the game and not some asshole

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Its not $600 worth just to play it, no

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    the only panzer dragoon worth playing is orta

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Orta's the only one I played because it was the only one on a system I owned

Orta is a good-ass rail shooter

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Panzer Dragoon 1 is on the Orta disc. I forget how you unlock it but it's not hard.

I should play through those again, it's back compat on the 360.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Orta was a fucking hard game

As someone who 100%'d Zwei, Orta kicked my ass quite a bit

• Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    i wonder how much this trailer spoils
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLCrzJdF8Z4

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Zandracon wrote: »
    i wonder how much this trailer spoils
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLCrzJdF8Z4

if it's anything like the the nier trailer, like 80% of the game?

but the spoilers make no sense until you actually experience them

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    No video game is worth $600 dollars, imo.

Counterargument:

Windjammers.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    PDS is a real good game that is entirely worth experiencing, but not at that price.

Like, I bought a copy for some odd $200 and I am still fairly satisfied with that purchase.

But I may or may not have a pseudo shrine to old Sega consoles in my closet and I'd very much suggest anyone who isn't already hugely invested to find alternate means to enjoy it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I literally can't think of a video game experience I've had worth 600 bucks

Not even mega man 2

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I literally can't think of a video game experience I've had worth 600 bucks

Not even mega man 2

Oh I guess I've spent way more than that on wow huh?

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I have, over time, spent roughly $1500 on FFXI.

MMO put life into perspective.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Here's the Nier trailer in english.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOQwMLWEJrg

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    you could probably find a way to play panzer dragoon without spending 600 bucks, i'd reckon

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    you could probably find a way to play panzer dragoon without spending 600 bucks, i'd reckon

Okay, lessee, finding the address is free with google maps, a ski mask is ten bucks, ten more for handcuffs, lockpicks are 20, a pistol is 200 bucks, but you could probably get away with a replica for thirty...

Yeah, you could probably get a copy for just 240 or so USD. That's a much better deal.

• Options
    600 is a pittance compared to my Rock Band spendings over the years

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    given that i bought a ps4 specifically to play bloodborne, you could argue that it was a $500 game for me

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Act. Like. A. Dove.

Tales of Berseria is Very Good.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    okay I ordered berseria

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I have Eizen in a top hat + rose corsage so Fashion Tales is pretty much complete.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Hah you can't link Jusis and Machias. That's awesome, I love it when game mechanics support story stuff.

• Options
    i was just in a thordan ex learning group that started from literally nothing and managed to clear with 1 minute left on the timer, and the final run was recovered from just a tank and healer being alive. fuckin' radical

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Beseria done. The end was a clear tie in to zestria but he haven't played that. Someone mind explaining the tie ins in the game?

Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    DQ8, just got to the Dhoulmagus fight.
    That's a hell of a difficulty spike. My team is all in the 27-29 range, and he just kicked my teeth in. I have the best gear that's been up for sale so far, the stuff from the Argonia Bazaar that set me back around 60k after I spent like four hours grinding Gold Golems on the Isle of Neos. Various FAQs are telling me I should get to 30 so that Angelo can cast Multiheal, but I'm already strong enough to blaze through basically all non-boss fights in here effortlessly, and even make a lot of the trash mobs run away when I approach. Also these guides say that my skill point allocation is completely stupid in ways that I never could have anticipated when I started the game, which is great news since there's no possibility for respec. I'm especially glad I focused Jessica on Staves early on, when exactly one Staff has shown up for sale in a town 15 levels ago.

Maybe other players are getting a different strategic experience out of this game than I am, but I just feel like it does a really shitty job pacing EXP and GP acquisition. I am always either completely overleveled for what I'm facing, or way out of my league and in need of a ton of grinding to proceed. I have never once hit a dungeon or a boss fight and thought "Yeah, that seemed appropriate to where my characters are at right now." It's also kind of crap at disclosing mechanics. I've got a ton of things on my spell list that sound interesting, but have such a low chance of success even against trash mobs that I have no idea when would be a tactically worthwhile time to use them. And then a couple spells that just don't appear to do anything, or interact with mechanics that I've never seen enemies actually use.

I've also fiddled with the Alchemy Pot, and mostly made bullshit. I especially love it when I get to a new town, read a recipe on some bookshelf, try the recipe immediately, and the resulting item has half the relevant value of whatever crap I'm already wearing. This game seems to really want to punish me for not buying the Guidebook with it. Also, the item menu/inventory is among the worst I've ever interacted with.

At this point, I am frustrated enough that I'm not really sure why I'm still playing.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
This discussion has been closed.