As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

JRPG Thread: Suikoden is fun to say.

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    No Persona 5 spoilers, please! Put that in the title, it's super important!

Now that that's handled, let's get back to openly posting Nier Automata spoilers, or at best tagging them incorrectly.

This is the thread for Nier spoilers.

Persona 5 spoilers go in the SMT thread. Obviously.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I had a dream last night, just regular dream stuff, talking to people and wandering around my old high school and such

but during the course of it I kept finding Emil heads and I'd touch each one and say "this means something"

so maybe I should chill on nier I guess, I'm not gonna tho

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    I had a dream last night, just regular dream stuff, talking to people and wandering around my old high school and such

but during the course of it I kept finding Emil heads and I'd touch each one and say "this means something"

so maybe I should chill on nier I guess, I'm not gonna tho

this is actually canon, it was part of a collection of haikus that is canonical to the series, takes place before the stage play

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Is there any plot regarding Emil in this game?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »

Yeah so in the regular world he's a cat, but when you go into the shadow world he's more of like a cartoony, mascot character

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I mean someone is gonna actually make a persona 5 thread when the game is out right

There's a Persona thread already, so that'll be the place I presume.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Basic answer to your question
    Yes.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Beat route A in Automata last night.

I lost my shit when
    Devola and Popola were just suddenly there, chilling out.

WHY ARE YOU HERE

WHAT ARE YOU DOING

I DEMAND ANSWERS

• Options
    Honestly I'm kind of surprised Automata hasn't gotten its own thread yet.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Honestly I'm kind of surprised Automata hasn't gotten its own thread yet.

Automata is hot right now, but discussion of it is probably going to wind down soon once fewer people are actively playing it.

When P5 drops the Persona thread is going to explode.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    There's a Nier Automata thread in G&T

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    There's a Nier Automata thread in G&T

There is a substantial number of people in SE++ who don't go to G&T and vice versa.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Then make a Nier thread.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    nah

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Buncha Nier-Do-Wells in here

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Get out.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    That's only because i'm not playing it yet. If I was then things would tip towards Nier-do-poorly.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I mean. This is the JRPG thread and Nier is the current big JRPG so of course a lot of the thread will be devoted to it.

I mean otherwise it just devolves into FFX laughing memes and long drawn out arguments about jRPG clothing conventions and making sense of Kingdom Hearts plot. Also Gacha.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Oh hey, my copy of Drakengard 3 finally arrived, exactly 1 week after amazon had it marked as "delivered"

Or at least I assume it did; I got the package notice from my apartment manager 40 minutes after the office closed so I'll have to pick it up in the morning, but can't think of anything else that it would be.

Not like I'm gonna be playing it any time soon (I'm neck deep in the original Nier and of course P5 takes priority), but this doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that P5 will arrive on time next week...

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I mean. This is the JRPG thread and Nier is the current big JRPG so of course a lot of the thread will be devoted to it.

I mean otherwise it just devolves into FFX laughing memes and long drawn out arguments about jRPG clothing conventions and making sense of Kingdom Hearts plot. Also Gacha.

I agree, but at the same time, a separate thread for Berseria was mod ordered so who even knows anymore.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Perhaps one day, there will be a game that people don't get mad about people talking about

But that day is not this day

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    New Granblue event starts soon

Seems like it might be a pseudo-sequel to Let's Hang?

Seems like it might be a group date between Lowain and his crew and Korwa, Sutera, and Lamretta, and Lamretta makes everything better

Also the loyalty score for recruiting the event SR apparently includes some weird dating game elements this time?

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    So I cleared the first runthrough of Automata. My biggest question is... What Shakespearean quote is 9S' name a reference to? We've got "2B or not 2B," and "A2, Brute?" But I'm drawing a blank for Nines.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Question about ending E in Nier Automata
    I assume that agreeing to having your save deleted removes all three save slots and not just the current one. Is that correct?

I'd like to finish up all the sidequests and maybe some other achievements before really being done with my save.

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    So I cleared the first runthrough of Automata. My biggest question is... What Shakespearean quote is 9S' name a reference to? We've got "2B or not 2B," and "A2, Brute?" But I'm drawing a blank for Nines.

A stitch in time saves nines

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »

A stitch in time saves nines

that's from Shakespeare??

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2017
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »

I agree, but at the same time, a separate thread for Berseria was mod ordered so who even knows anymore.

I thought about asking for it, but nobody is even trying to talk about other stuff.

A duck! on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular

I saw something suggesting "nein est" which is German for "is not".

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Perhaps one day, there will be a game that people don't get mad about people talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuL6cJPz3Nk

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    That is the dumbest, most amazing SSR.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I was really hoping for sturm but I'll take vira and her tank girlfriend

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

I struggle to find a more anime image

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    If I was at home I'd link a picture of the current event wherein you fight a musclebound gag manga style version of your side kick dragon as moe gag versions of some of your team. It's extra anime. The good stuff.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I Wish I knew if I would like playing Nier. It is hard to tell from videos.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    how much do you like swords and sad robots

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    how much do you like swords and sad robots

Marvin the Paranoid Android in my favorite robot and I used to take fencing classes.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I've got some good news for you, this game is all about swords and sad robots

But seriously, it's a Platinum Games-ass game injected with some Philosophy, a dash of shmup, and a healthy dose of ~mystery~

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    If I were to play it it would be on the easiest setting with all those easy mods on. Just for the story.

This discussion has been closed.