Options

[Trump Administration] Actually About Ethics in Email Administration

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

Trump claims he has already been proven on his statement that millions voted illegally.

I think Trump is just delusional on that.

Trump has spent his entire life insulated from consequence. To him, facts and lies are the same, because they have the same outcome for him. He is delusional in a way that you only can be having been born into unimaginable privilege and then failing upward for 70 years.

• Options
    Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    This is a South Park sketch if ever there was one.
    The episode will be how loony Alex Jones is and how nobody believes him right up until Lady Gaga goes "Hail Satan" and lightning forks over the audience and she starts reaping their souls.

South Park has decided to back away from making fun of Trump because for all their bluster, Matt and Trey are a couple of smug, privileged assholes who are deathly afraid of offending any of their viewers, so they always play the golden mean "both sides are just as bad and dumb" card. Every single time.

Sadly, this is true. They do like to equivocate and are libertarians too, the latter of which leads to some strange episodes and political messages.

Still, Happy Critter Christmas has got to be one of my favorite episodes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmgOr5hdOj0

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular

Because they were being so careless before, what with the 0 refugee attacks in 30 years

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    So I'm reading that right? He's trying to use the fact that dead people are registered to vote, or people registered in multiple states, as evidence of illegal voting?

Number One Tricky
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    a nu start wrote: »
    So I'm reading that right? He's trying to use the fact that dead people are registered to vote, or people registered in multiple states, as evidence of illegal voting?

also the tried-and-true conservative rhetorical tactic, "people are saying"

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular

He also told a story he heard from a German friend who was waiting in line to vote and thought the two people he was between in line "didn't look like they should be there." The German guy was denied the right to vote because he was a German citizen, but the other two people got to cast a provisional ballot.

Someone tracked down the German friend who said that he was never in line to vote, and he was just passing along a story to Trump that he had heard from someone else.

So basically, Trump heard about it through a game of telephone.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    mrondeaumrondeau Montréal, CanadaRegistered User regular

Yep. 3 millions cases of zombie vote and people registered and voting in multiples states. Of course, the data does not match this, but that does not matter.
    This is something that should be fairly simple to check and confirm. No that it matters, it's an alt-fact.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

People being registered in more than one state to vote does not mean they voted in both states. Likewise, dead people still being registered to vote doesn't mean they actually had a vote cast in their name.

• Options
    ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User, Moderator mod
    Spaffy wrote: »

Because they were being so careless before, what with the 0 refugee attacks in 30 years

It's not safe enough as long as the numbers are non-negative. The line must be drawn even further; North America needs to have throngs of refugees roaming the streets with mediguns, roaming the streets healing up the sick and injured with impunity.

If that doesn't cut it: necromancers.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Ultimately it doesn't matter if he thinks this 3 million illegal votes thing is real or not. He keeps repeating it, which means at some point it's going to be used as justification for restricting voting rights more and/or purging voter rolls. Regardless of it being completely false.

Aistan on
  • Options
    PriestPriest Registered User regular
    Astaereth wrote: »
    It's a feedback loop.

-Trump says something outlandish.
    -The right-wing sources where Trump gets all his information parrot what Trump said in support.
    -Trump sees the right wing media agreeing with him and decides that his statement has now been validated.

He's literally the guy shouting into the echo chamber. We elected Narcissus.

trump.jpg

god+save+the+queen+smaller.JPG

Goddamnit. We've been over this. Life is not allowed to imitate art.

• Options
    MorblitzMorblitz Registered User regular
    What frustrates me about the O'Reilly exchange is that at first, he was like "wait, no? We need to check the data!" Trump bulldozes through and tells him to forget about it and O'Reilly promptly fucking does so "Yeah, good. We should get to the bottom of it."

Jesus christ.

3DS Pokemon Y Friend Code: 0645 5780 8920
    Please shoot me a PM if you add me so I know to add you back.
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Spoilered for long but important to remember. Applies to all communities under attack, as well.
    tumblr_okq2pyBlmO1vj8wyho1_1280.png
    tumblr_okq2pyBlmO1vj8wyho2_1280.png
    tumblr_okq2pyBlmO1vj8wyho3_1280.png
    tumblr_okq2pyBlmO1vj8wyho4_1280.png
    tumblr_okq2pyBlmO1vj8wyho5_1280.png
    tumblr_okq2pyBlmO1vj8wyho6_1280.png

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I want to talk more about that Trump and O'Reilly exchange about three million illegals, because it drove home a point to me that I already knew but maybe didn't quite realize to this extent. Trump really only cares what other people think of him. I know, I know, everybody knows that. But this exchange really nails that.
    O’Reilly asked: So, you think you're gonna be proven correct in that statement?

Trump: Well, I think I already have. A lot of people have come out and said that I am correct.

O’Really: Yeah, but the data has to show that three million illegals voted.

If O'Reilly's response had been something more like "But Mr President, it doesn't matter how many people say you're correct, what matters is whether you are correct." I genuinely think that Trump's brain would have actually just folded inwards on itself.

For Trump, the important thing is not that he is right, nor even that HE thinks he is right. The important thing is that others think he is right.

He's not a megalomaniacial genius plotting the downfall of civilization. He's a scared little boy with deep insecurities who has failed upwards his entire life (and knows it, deep down) and has to constantly justify and defend every single thing he says and does no matter how small, for fear of being found out as a fraud.

It'd be sad if it weren't so fucking dangerous - history has shown that insecure men wielding great power are the most dangerous men there are.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2017
    God damnit would I rather read a wall of text than any amount of linked tweets. Wrong platform for that.

Vanguard on
  • Options
    Tangential to the US situation specifically, but this photo was taken in Bucharest about an hour ago and a week into a set of largescale protests over there against their own "let's pass transparently obvious pro-corruption legislation" government:

Theme of the last week or so seems to be "lots of people with lots of staying power" in more than one place.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    I made a song in FB and now I'm mad because I liked it so here it is

MAVTVjol.jpg

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    FYI:

I may not be in a reasonably safe enough place, both personally and professionally, to change my name and marker until after I renew my nursing license, which isn't until October.

Please do your best, guys, to ensure I still can by then.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    FYI:

I may not be in a reasonably safe enough place, both personally and professionally, to change my name and marker until after I renew my nursing license, which isn't until October.

Please do your best, guys, to ensure I still can by then.

We have not yet begun to fight.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    http://thehill.com/homenews/317995-trump-predicts-patriots-will-win-super-bowl-by-8-points
    Trump predicts Patriots will win Super Bowl by 8 points

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/national/trump-presides-over-red-cross-ball-mar-lago/TLr89bFABlstS4CWCk73zK/
    Trump presides over Red Cross Ball at Mar-a-Lago
    At the 60th anniversary Red Cross Ball, there was nothing political on the menu — unless you count the President and First Lady; eight foreign ambassadors to the US; nobility from England, France and Italy; several US ambassadors; a Cabinet member; and the Chilean sea bass.

Even the bombastic President Donald Trump, who likes to stir up more things than Julia Child, kept his remarks brief, moderate and cheerfully relaxed.

Amazing what 24 hours away from Washington and its weather will do for a guy.

The event “From Vienna to Versailles,” took place Saturday night at the Mar-a-Lago Club, which was done up in Old World 18th-century style, right down to the service staff in powdered wigs and satin knee breeches or Marie Antoinette dresses.
    Truly, a great populist.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Yes. IIRC, it's all based on a single dude claiming these are evidence of voter fraud.

Coincidentally, said guy was discovered to be regiestered to vote in three states.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    "For verisimilitude purposes, the staff were legally rendered into indentured servitude"

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    It's almost like Trump wants to be a modern day Louis XVI.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    http://thehill.com/homenews/317995-trump-predicts-patriots-will-win-super-bowl-by-8-points

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/national/trump-presides-over-red-cross-ball-mar-lago/TLr89bFABlstS4CWCk73zK/
    At the 60th anniversary Red Cross Ball, there was nothing political on the menu — unless you count the President and First Lady; eight foreign ambassadors to the US; nobility from England, France and Italy; several US ambassadors; a Cabinet member; and the Chilean sea bass.

Even the bombastic President Donald Trump, who likes to stir up more things than Julia Child, kept his remarks brief, moderate and cheerfully relaxed.

The event “From Vienna to Versailles,” took place Saturday night at the Mar-a-Lago Club, which was done up in Old World 18th-century style, right down to the service staff in powdered wigs and satin knee breeches or Marie Antoinette dresses.
    Truly, a great populist.

Tell me again how he isn't part of the elite? Argh.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    It's almost like Trump wants to be a modern day Louis XVI.

Instead of the Dying Lion of Lucerne it's the Lying Lion.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Astaereth wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Cannot fucking believe O'Reilly of all people is the one trying to hold Trump accountable for his shit

FFS is he suddenly not fellating him on camera, helpfully demonizing the left, and gently begging Trump to just be slightly more discreet with his just fine discrimination every night now? What's happening?

Some people on the right view Trump as having all the right ideas, but none of the grace or cunning to execute them slowly and secretly enough to stymie resistance.

Those people are not our allies.

When wintertime rolls around, the gorillas simply freeze to death.

• Options

Yes. IIRC, it's all based on a single dude claiming these are evidence of voter fraud.

Coincidentally, said guy was discovered to be regiestered to vote in three states.

What it's actually based on is "Trump lost the popular vote and clutched at the first straw that offered an explanation as to why he secretly didn't." Pretty much any discussion of it has to keep that thought in place, because it's the single core thought that started the ball rolling.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Anyone want to explain to trump supporters that technological advances prevent the United States from maintaining complete military superiority.

Aka, the world has gotten very small and warfare very cheap.

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited February 2017

Truly, a great populist.

wow, talk about trump being impossible to satirise because he's too much of a parody already... i watched high rise last night...
    In Ben Wheatley’s overly obvious take on J.G. Ballard’s 1975 satirical novel, a luxury condo tower degenerates into a capitalist abattoir.
    ...The next day, Laing is taken to the 40th storey penthouse to meet Royal, where he finds an opulent rooftop garden and is invited to a party being thrown by Royal's snobby wife, Ann (Keeley Hawes).

The party turns out to be an 18th-century costume party and Laing's everyday suit is ridiculed by Ann and other guests, including Munrow, who also lives in the building. Laing is thrown out of the party and becomes trapped in an elevator during a power cut. Such outages are becoming common, along with water being shut off and garbage chutes becoming blocked, much to the annoyance of the lower-floor residents.

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

Truly, a great populist.

All he needs is a fiddle and a horse.

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Einzel wrote: »
    Spoilered for long but important to remember. Applies to all communities under attack, as well.
    I'd love a non tweet dump of that.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Anyone want to explain to trump supporters that technological advances prevent the United States from maintaining complete military superiority.

Aka, the world has gotten very small and warfare very cheap.

???

There are most certainly limits to American military power but our shit is like a generation ahead of everyone else's.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/05/us/politics/trump-white-house-aides-strategy.html
    Mr. Priebus bristles at the perception that he occupies a diminished perch in the West Wing pecking order compared with previous chiefs. But for the moment, Mr. Bannon remains the president’s dominant adviser, despite Mr. Trump’s anger that he was not fully briefed on details of the executive order he signed giving his chief strategist a seat on the National Security Council, a greater source of frustration to the president than the fallout from the travel ban.
    He often has to wait until the end of the workday before grinding through news clips with Mr. Spicer, marking the ones he does not like with a big arrow in black Sharpie — though he almost always makes time to monitor Mr. Spicer’s performance at the daily briefings, summoning him to offer praise or criticism, a West Wing aide said.

Visitors to the Oval Office say Mr. Trump is obsessed with the décor — it is both a totem of a victory that validates him as a serious person and an image-burnishing backdrop — so he has told his staff to schedule as many televised events in the room as possible.

To pass the time between meetings, Mr. Trump gives quick tours to visitors, highlighting little tweaks he has made after initially expecting he would have to pay for them himself.

Flanking his desk are portraits of Presidents Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson, a recently acquired personal hero often cited by Mr. Bannon. He will linger on the opulence of the newly hung golden drapes, once used by Franklin D. Roosevelt — for a man who sometimes has trouble concentrating on policy memos, Mr. Trump was delighted to page through a book that offered him 17 window covering options.
    Is Sean Spicer an evil Kif?

Couscous on
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Einzel wrote: »
    I'd love a non tweet dump of that.

find post, ctrl+v?

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/05/us/politics/trump-white-house-aides-strategy.html
    He will linger on the opulence of the newly hung golden drapes, once used by Franklin D. Roosevelt — for a man who sometimes has trouble concentrating on policy memos, Mr. Trump was delighted to page through a book that offered him 17 window covering options.

Can't the White House just give Trump a copy of The Sims and let Pence handle this difficult president business?

• Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »

He hasn't seen V for Vendetta, has he

To be fair, neither have most "members" of Anonymous.

Gonna have to disagree with you there friend. Ones I knew had seen it, most had even read the comic (which is IMHO the far superior work), and even went to a Midnight premiere of Watchmen when it came out. There's plenty wrong with that group but everyman fervor and study of anarchistic materials is solidly in most of their wheelhouses.

Giggles_Funsworth on
  • Options
    PriestPriest Registered User regular
    Mr. Priebus bristles at the perception that he occupies a diminished perch in the West Wing pecking order compared with previous chiefs. But for the moment, Mr. Bannon remains the president’s dominant adviser, despite Mr. Trump’s anger that he was not fully briefed on details of the executive order he signed giving his chief strategist a seat on the National Security Council, a greater source of frustration to the president than the fallout from the travel ban.
    He often has to wait until the end of the workday before grinding through news clips with Mr. Spicer, marking the ones he does not like with a big arrow in black Sharpie — though he almost always makes time to monitor Mr. Spicer’s performance at the daily briefings, summoning him to offer praise or criticism, a West Wing aide said.

Visitors to the Oval Office say Mr. Trump is obsessed with the décor — it is both a totem of a victory that validates him as a serious person and an image-burnishing backdrop — so he has told his staff to schedule as many televised events in the room as possible.

To pass the time between meetings, Mr. Trump gives quick tours to visitors, highlighting little tweaks he has made after initially expecting he would have to pay for them himself.

Flanking his desk are portraits of Presidents Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson, a recently acquired personal hero often cited by Mr. Bannon. He will linger on the opulence of the newly hung golden drapes, once used by Franklin D. Roosevelt — for a man who sometimes has trouble concentrating on policy memos, Mr. Trump was delighted to page through a book that offered him 17 window covering options.
    Is Sean Spicer an evil Kif?

Yes?
    4f2c7ac70c85ca0fa6b7bf73e2fd100a.jpg

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular

Trump claims he has already been proven on his statement that millions voted illegally.

I think Trump is just delusional on that.

It's stuff like this that makes me feel that it's not hyperbolic to say we may not get to vote again.

Like, this is a legit worry to me.

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    I know this isn't specifically trump related but this seemed the most relevant place to post it.

H.R.861 - To terminate the Environmental Protection Agency.
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/861/

Please let this bill die in committee.

This discussion has been closed.