Options

For Sale: 2017 [Car thread] - No Rust! New Clutch! Blown Turbo!

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Dodge continues to double down on having a single model with a million variants on sale and has introduced a new Challenger Hellcat Redeye to replace the outgoing Demon. Rated at 797hp and coming in standard and widebody variants, the Redeye is marketed as being "possessed by the Demon" and literally features the Hellcat emblem with a red eye. The widebody version can run the 1/4 mile in 10.8s @ 131mph and has a top speed of 203mph. Dodge is saying that there are more than two dozen parts that are shared with the Demon that are not used on the regular Hellcat (including the larger 2.7L supercharger).

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    https://shop.lego.com/en-AU/Bugatti-Chiron-42083

@pimento c'mon, you don't need electricity or running water for the next few months, right?

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    https://shop.lego.com/en-AU/Bugatti-Chiron-42083

pimento c'mon, you don't need electricity or running water for the next few months, right?

I'm kinda glad they don't have the F40 there.. I'd've bought it.

• Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    New winter beater/shop truck!
    36340021_10110289962125233_5007370841327927296_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=d807e1a4d17618a798c917589f7f45c6&oe=5BAD8A69
    36343681_10110289962404673_7382766997609644032_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=7b53cb0b24dadf5bd95dfde3c5333e1a&oe=5BA08481

2001 Ford Ranger XLT
    2.5L I4 / 5 speed manual
    144,000 miles

It's a super ultra base model truck... no power windows, no cruise control, no nothing. Single cab, short bed, couple rust spots. But it starts, stops, and steers, and I can throw things in the back!

• Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    mRahmani wrote: »
    New winter beater/shop truck!
    36340021_10110289962125233_5007370841327927296_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=d807e1a4d17618a798c917589f7f45c6&oe=5BAD8A69
    36343681_10110289962404673_7382766997609644032_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=7b53cb0b24dadf5bd95dfde3c5333e1a&oe=5BA08481

2001 Ford Ranger XLT
    2.5L I4 / 5 speed manual
    144,000 miles

It's a super ultra base model truck... no power windows, no cruise control, no nothing. Single cab, short bed, couple rust spots. But it starts, stops, and steers, and I can throw things in the back!

Awesome!!

Now put a 5.4 Twin Turbo V8 in it!!

• Options
    There is talk that Hyundai wants to buy out FCA, which is honestly not something I would have imagined typing ever.

• Options
    jgeis wrote: »
    There is talk that Hyundai wants to buy out FCA, which is honestly not something I would have imagined typing ever.

/me checks the date

wut?

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Man, sometimes I really miss my old 93 Ranger. Had the 3.0 V6, short bed, short cab and a five speed as well. Twin bucket seats in cloth, manual windows, and AC!

• Options

/me checks the date

wut?

The idea of the Challenger becoming a Hemi-powered Kia Stinger coupe is very, very attractive to me and suddenly this whole idea seems very good.

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular

/me checks the date

wut?

The idea of the Challenger becoming a Hemi-powered Kia Stinger coupe is very, very attractive to me and suddenly this whole idea seems very good.

Hemi powered Genesis Coupe? Go on...

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    MyDcmbr wrote: »

/me checks the date

wut?

With more reliability?
    I don't know how reliable either of those are, but I perceive the Hyundai as being more reliable than the Challenger.

• Options

/me checks the date

wut?

With more reliability?
    I don't know how reliable either of those are, but I perceive the Hyundai as being more reliable than the Challenger.

Hyundai's brands (Hyundai, Kia, and Genesis) are very reliable. FCA is a mixed bag, some cars are really reliable and some are not. The Challenger/Charger are highly reliable vehicles at this point. They've been on the same platform for over a decade, and share parts with Mercedes-Benz platforms that are older than that. Couple that with increasing interior quality over the years and they're actually pretty nice.

• Options
    Holy fuck this is an amazing racing series:

https://youtu.be/sHITj8iHxMs

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018

/me checks the date

wut?

Why go backwards? The Hyundai V6 in the Genesis coupe is leagues more advanced than the current Hemi, just pop a couple of turbos on it and away you go.

EDIT: Or they could just drop their own 5.0 Tau V8 in it, too.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    Although, buying FCA would give them instant access to Alfa Romeo's carbon chassis tech from the 8C and 4C - Perhaps a new, smaller, carbon Genesis coupe with a mid-mounted Tau V8 would make a good 'halo' car for Hyundai? Especially with how hard they're trying to build their 'N' motorsports brand.

• Options
    Although, buying FCA would give them instant access to Alfa Romeo's carbon chassis tech from the 8C and 4C - Perhaps a new, smaller, carbon Genesis coupe with a mid-mounted Tau V8 would make a good 'halo' car for Hyundai? Especially with how hard they're trying to build their 'N' motorsports brand.

giphy.gif

• Options

/me checks the date

wut?

Why go backwards? The Hyundai V6 in the Genesis coupe is leagues more advanced than the current Hemi, just pop a couple of turbos on it and away you go.

The Genesis sedans already have a pair of turbos on their 3.3L V6, putting out 365hp. For some models that's the top engine, for others there's a 420hp 5.0L V8 at the top.

But just imagine a Hyundai or Kia badged car with the roar of the 6.4L, 485hp Hemi V8!

• Options

/me checks the date

wut?

The Genesis sedans already have a pair of turbos on their 3.3L V6, putting out 365hp. For some models that's the top engine, for others there's a 420hp 5.0L V8 at the top.

But just imagine a Hyundai or Kia badged car with the roar of the 6.4L, 485hp Hemi V8!

Why not just fit a better exhaust to the 5.0 V8?

• Options

/me checks the date

wut?

Why not just fit a better exhaust to the 5.0 V8?

The hemi is bigger.

Also everyone's favourite fax machine salesman said that Alfa and Maserati probably wouldn't be included in an FCA sale. So I guess someone buys the rest of FCA, shutters FIAT, Lancia, anything else Italian, ol Serge expresses upsettedness that no one could possibly have seen this coming and too bad so sad a day for the Italian car industry, then continues to ruin Alfa and Maserati by drastically changing their business plan every year.

• Options
    It might be bigger, but it's inferior. It's like taking the engine out of a 458 Speciale and fitting a 350 Chevy instead.

Re: Sergio - yeah.

• Options
    It might be bigger, but it's inferior. It's like taking the engine out of a 458 Speciale and fitting a 350 Chevy instead.

A Genesis with the Tau V8 is hardly at the level of a 458 Speciale.

Also you say that like people haven't LS-swapped a Ferrari before:

https://www.lsxmag.com/news/swap-insanity-ferrari-360-gt-powered-by-1000-horsepower-ls-engine/

• Options
    I was gonna say, people swap LS engines into exotics all the time. Maybe they're not as fancy as the Italian hardware, but they work.

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    If they buy them, it's for Ram and Jeep as Hyundai's SUV/truck presence is minimal. Dodge becomes a performance brand and the Pacifica becomes the new Sedona while the 300 and Chrysler dies (or they transition Genesis to Chrysler) . Makes a lot of sense actually.

• Options
    edited July 2018

Good thing that's not what I said!

https://www.lsxmag.com/news/swap-insanity-ferrari-360-gt-powered-by-1000-horsepower-ls-engine/
    I was gonna say, people swap LS engines into exotics all the time. Maybe they're not as fancy as the Italian hardware, but they work.

A supercharged Lingenfelter 7 litre LS is not a shitty old 350 boat anchor, not by a long shot. People fit LS motors to all sorts of things like 993-era 911s because the LS is often a better motor than what came standard.

Just to make you both feel bad for trying to snipe me, have a picture that should moisten your cheeks:

kICINy9.jpg

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    schuss wrote: »
    If they buy them, it's for Ram and Jeep as Hyundai's SUV/truck presence is minimal. Dodge becomes a performance brand and the Pacifica becomes the new Sedona while the 300 and Chrysler dies (or they transition Genesis to Chrysler) . Makes a lot of sense actually.

Hyundai have been trying to build Genesis into their Lexus for some time now, to turn around and give that up and rebrand as Chrysler of all makes would be shitting all over what they're trying to do. I dunno what kind of brand cachet Chrysler might still have from the old days in the US, but everywhere else in the world they were never a particularly luxurious or prestigious brand.

• Options
    stormbringerstormbringer Registered User regular
    I got ride of my STI today. To a flatbiller with a vape. I hated that car, I swear its stiffer then my ACR. Truck is sold, Deposit on my Cadillac taken. SLS or 599 here I come. I have not decided leaning toward the SLS or maybe another R8.

• Options
    I got ride of my STI today. To a flatbiller with a vape. I hated that car, I swear its stiffer then my ACR. Truck is sold, Deposit on my Cadillac taken. SLS or 599 here I come. I have not decided leaning toward the SLS or maybe another R8.

Instead of a used SLS or 599, why not a new AMG GT?

• Options
    Or a nice McLaren 570GT?

• Options
    Or get a Hyundai Genesis and swap a hemi into it.

• Options
    stormbringerstormbringer Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Or a nice McLaren 570GT?

They gave me one for a day to try out. It's really good, but really souless. The GT with the softer suspension and the middle sports exhaust is what I got to try. Frankly the 911 Turbo is a better car and a better DD. But I have had them before. They are quick but when you have 800-1100hp cars its actually kind of slow to me and the tuning options are very limited.

Also everyone I know who has them has issues with the electronics and I would have to have the car shipped ~100 miles each time I need to get it serviced.

Instead of a used SLS or 599, why not a new AMG GT?[/quote]

I don't fit. My shoulders are to wide for the seats somehow the SLS I fit in better. I actually had to have the seats in the ACR cut apart and refoamed to fit.

stormbringer on
  • Options
    The 570GT is the one I'd want as a daily driver.

How about a Senna?

• Options

Good thing that's not what I said!

A supercharged Lingenfelter 7 litre LS is not a shitty old 350 boat anchor, not by a long shot. People fit LS motors to all sorts of things like 993-era 911s because the LS is often a better motor than what came standard.

Just to make you both feel bad for trying to snipe me, have a picture that should moisten your cheeks:

kICINy9.jpg

That... That was uncalled for.

*sob*

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    So, Sotheby's will be auctioning off Ferrari 250 GTO number three, as in the third one ever built (of a whopping 36 total). Estimates put it at about 50 million (USD). Which one of us is buying it?

• Options
    So, Sotheby's will be auctioning off Ferrari 250 GTO number three, as in the third one ever built (of a whopping 36 total). Estimates put it at about 50 million (USD). Which one of us is buying it?

I'd give it about tree fiddy.

• Options
  • Options
    Per Jalopnik citing news.com.au, the Queensland police department is ordering 50 AWD Kia Stinger GTs to replace their Commodores and Falcons. They're going to eventually phase out the other cars completely, putting 200+ Stingers into service.

• Options
    So quick question. I've never had to take any of my cars in for warranty work before, and now I've found a paint defect on my hood. The paint is bubbling up like there is rust underneath, but it's aluminum, so... Anyway, How do I go about dealing with the dealership? I've only used them for the scheduled maintenance so far. So far I've had the service department tell me to go straight to the collision center, and the collision center tell me the service department has to approve all warranty claims, so I'm not feeling too confident in their stand up-ness, if you get my meaning.

• Options
    SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    Any company that buys FCA really only wants Jeep and maybe Ram trucks, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dodge cars and all of Chrysler dropped. I remember a Chinese company tried to buy the Jeep brand a few years ago and FCA was like "no we'll die without it"

• Options
    Krieghund wrote: »
    So quick question. I've never had to take any of my cars in for warranty work before, and now I've found a paint defect on my hood. The paint is bubbling up like there is rust underneath, but it's aluminum, so... Anyway, How do I go about dealing with the dealership? I've only used them for the scheduled maintenance so far. So far I've had the service department tell me to go straight to the collision center, and the collision center tell me the service department has to approve all warranty claims, so I'm not feeling too confident in their stand up-ness, if you get my meaning.

This situation doesn't seem too weird on the surface, the body shop guys are going to be the ones that can determine what's going on with your paint since that's their jam. The service department then does all the paperwork for a warranty claim if the body shop tells them "yeah it's fucked." Are you saying the collision center did not even look at the car and just told you to go back to the service department? That would be weird.

It might be worth it to get an independent body shop that you trust to take a look at it, so you've got a second opinion to push back with if the dealership doesn't want to play ball.

I didn't have paint issues but I did have a problem with my Dart where the passenger-side sun visor snapped off. Took it to the dealership and it was just outside the warranty period for coverage of the interior components and they weren't going to cover it, but I pushed back by saying that it was a documented issue and showed the receipts in the form of other people's warranty claims and forum threads on the issue. They then decided to cover it under warranty.

• Options
    Well, I used the phone first, since that way i can kind of get an idea of how things go. I called the service center and asked how i went about a warranty claim for paint, and they told me to go to the collision center. So I call the collision center and they tell me that service has to approve all of that. Not very confidence inspiring.

This discussion has been closed.