As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Principal Honey has outlawed all fun in the [RIVERDALE] thread.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Zonugal wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I feel dumb saying so since I'm the only one critical of where the show's going, but I thought it was just cringe-inducing. The show used to be clever, now it's just being silly.

I think the only egregious element of the show I would happily cut out is Archie's affair with Miss Grundy.

The show was at least intriguing back then. It was subverting tropes and had interesting mysteries. Now it's crazy teens doing crazy things. It's... so CW now.

I think the exact moment it jumped the shark was after the season 2 break. They clearly had it planned for Sabrina, and that went to hell in a handbasket when Netflix bought Sabrina.

The Gargoyle King stuff isn't bad, but everything else is a narrative mess so far.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Archie is and always will be dumb.

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Archie is and always will be dumb.

Stupid sexy dumb Archie.

So stupid.

So sexy.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I feel dumb saying so since I'm the only one critical of where the show's going, but I thought it was just cringe-inducing. The show used to be clever, now it's just being silly.

I think the only egregious element of the show I would happily cut out is Archie's affair with Miss Grundy.

The show was at least intriguing back then. It was subverting tropes and had interesting mysteries. Now it's crazy teens doing crazy things. It's... so CW now.

I think the exact moment it jumped the shark was after the season 2 break. They clearly had it planned for Sabrina, and that went to hell in a handbasket when Netflix bought Sabrina.

The Gargoyle King stuff isn't bad, but everything else is a narrative mess so far.

you can stop watching the show, you know

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »

you can stop watching the show, you know

I'm waiting for Sabrina to show up and burn Hiram Lodge alive.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    They have said Sabrina and Riverdale arent going to actually cross over outside of little references so you're gonna be waiting for a while

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    They have said Sabrina and Riverdale arent going to actually cross over outside of little references so you're gonna be waiting for a while

That's worth waiting for.

That said, RAS is sneaky, so I'm sure something'll happen.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    You can't stop watching Archie's stupid sexy stupidness!

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    God I hope they take down Lodge this season. Not sure I can stand his smugness much longer.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    God I hope they take down Lodge this season. Not sure I can stand his smugness much longer.

Yes. He is actively angering me now when he's on screen

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    What I don't get is Hermione seem to be just as powerful 'in the family' as Hiram, if not more so, and at this point all of that seems to have flitted away into nothing and she's a victim.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    What I don't get is Hermione seem to be just as powerful 'in the family' as Hiram, if not more so, and at this point all of that seems to have flitted away into nothing and she's a victim.

She's both.

She can be a very powerful woman in her own right, especially in that kind of world and yet still be trapped by him.

Do the best to make the best of the bed you've ended up in.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular

Yes. He is actively angering me now when he's on screen

I kept saying, "Well, he's bad, but he's not actually evil. He just wants a different end goal than Archie and the gang, it's not necessarily worse, just different."
    Then he straight up tried to kill Fred. Well then.

He's not looking any less evil this season either!

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    I don't think Hiram had a full understanding of how powerful Hermione is and that's an intentional move on her part.

When Hiram falls Hermione will play a very large role in it.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Hermione is by far, and has been, my fave character.

She is the most complex of them all, I'd say Alice Cooper probably being next. And she is acted superbly.

Love her.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I forgot how creepy betty was when singing happy birthday

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Why were the blossoms tapping the maple trees at the beginning of winter?
    Maple harvest season is in the spring
    e: I just looked it up and hte blossom tapping event is at the end of september. That's all kinds of wrong.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    It looked cool.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    THE BLOSSOMS DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    As we all now know, the Blossoms weren't in it for the syrup.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Reynolds wrote: »
    It looked cool.

I'm not saying it didn't look cool, just, like, put it in the right time frame is what I'm saying. I think it could have had the same impact if it happened four or five months later

Like I don't think it really detracts that much from the show for me, but I always find it cool when shows demonstrate that they understand the mostly irrelevant technical details in what they're writing about.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    The Blossoms were rich white people.

It's possible they bent the laws of nature to have them syrup when they wanted to do it.

Rich, white people can do that.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    They have special trees
    That's when you tap the special trees

• Options
    I'm sorry but
    Veronica is nowhere near as good at this as her father. She really does need to start understanding that.

Archie's stroyline is dumb and boring.

But I guess thank you for topless Reggie.

And topless FP.

Although sex in the bunker is a bit.... odd.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Riverdale, much like NBC's The Good Place, is a TV show I just can't even hope to predict where it'll flow.

And I love it for that.
    Archie planning a prison escape so he no longer has to be the champion of the prison's underground Kumite is a story-line I NEVER SAW COMING.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Riverdale, much like NBC's The Good Place, is a TV show I just can't even hope to predict where it'll flow.

And I love it for that.
    Archie planning a prison escape so he no longer has to be the champion of the prison's underground Kumite is a story-line I NEVER SAW COMING.
    Really?

Where did you think that was going to go? It's just about as stupid Archie as you can get.

Although I like the touch of him talking to his dad in his moments of crazy.

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    @Zonugal wake up and watch Sabrina already. I want to talk about it.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Current Episode
    I'd wager that no one was having more fun in the speakeasy than Reggie. That dude was all about the bouncer-from-another-time life.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Aphostile wrote: »
    @Zonugal wake up and watch Sabrina already. I want to talk about it.

Ooooooh, I'll watch it tonight after my 5.5 hour test!

• Options
    I love this stupid show so much

• Options
    "Only way any of us are getting out of here is in a bodybag."

IT'S FUCKING JUVIE!

• Options
    Everyone is in a cult, but like, it's not even all the same cult

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I have found a better alternative to my crab head costume

BEHOLD

Lobster_1_2000x.jpg?v=1539358634

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    I assume you posted that on the wrong thread, but given this show, it might be relevant, who knows

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I assume you posted that on the wrong thread, but given this show, it might be relevant, who knows

I had the exact same thought.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    It is absolutely the wrong thread. To many spooky long thread names for my tired ass

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Everyone is in a cult, but like, it's not even all the same cult
    Cults.

So hot right now.

sig.gif
  • Options
    @Aphostile, I'm 4 episodes into Sabrina and I love it.

And Miranda Otto is amazing in it!

And as usual, hail Satan.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    @Aphostile, I'm 4 episodes into Sabrina and I love it.

And Miranda Otto is amazing in it!

And as usual, hail Satan.

"My Satan-given right" is a very good line.

• Options
    Does Sabrina fall under the purview of this thread? I mean, I'm fine with an Archie-verse thing, I just want to know if I'm going to have to skip this thread for a little while until I can actually watch the whole series.

sig.gif