As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Principal Honey has outlawed all fun in the [RIVERDALE] thread.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    A little thing I remembered that I really dig about Cheryl
    I love how she calls Betty “cousin”. It sounds just creepy enough to be on-brand for Cheryl, but she also usually says it with an endearing warmth that I find really sweet.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I love how Cheryl is carefully balanced between actually being good friends with most of the main cast while also still being a bitchy mean girl. She's there for them, she'll give them honest and helpful advice or go to battle with them, but she'll still turn around and slam their outfit or drop a casual insult. She hasn't stopped being herself, even if the relationships have shifted.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Did the trial make anyone else think of Chrono Trigger, with the good vs bad flashbacks?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I was thinking that we have seen a ton of Archie's glorious naked torso... Almost too much.

Then this episode opens with naked torso Archie.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2018
    Also
    Archie's cellmate is FUCKING RIPPED

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    It amazes me that this show continues to set the bar for stupid.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    update from 2/3 of the way through S2: Archie is still the dumbest person in this whole dumb show

• Options
    tynic wrote: »
    update from 2/3 of the way through S2: Archie is still the dumbest person in this whole dumb show

Archie... Archie never changes.

• Options
    It seems borderline insulting that 'Kevin's now a main character' amounts to 'he gets to have a sidestory where he pines for Moose'.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Fuck... They really ramped everything up to 11 this season and I am ON BOARD

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Yeah, they took "I am weird. I'm a weirdo." as the show's mantra.
    Still curious as to what Mad Dog's deal was. You don't get to serve 20 years after however many in Juvie for just anything.

Also my guess as to what "Mad Dog" means is Underground Fight Club. Which means Archie will somehow get impossibly more ripped, maybe?

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    Yeah, they took "I am weird. I'm a weirdo." as the show's mantra.
    Still curious as to what Mad Dog's deal was. You don't get to serve 20 years after however many in Juvie for just anything.

Also my guess as to what "Mad Dog" means is Underground Fight Club. Which means Archie will somehow get impossibly more ripped, maybe?
    Yeah, I think we're going to see a lot of shirtless KJ Apa punching dudes this season in dingy cellars.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I love that this show doesn't do anything by halves, it's really come out swinging for the ridiculous even more than normal this year.

I didn't see
    Shawshank as Juvie coming, but in hindsight it was a obvious pull

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    So what do we think about
    The Gargoyle King? Do we actually have something mystical or is it going to be an elaborate contraption or costume?

I'm leaning toward the latter but I'm kind of hoping for the former.

• Options
    So what do we think about
    The Gargoyle King? Do we actually have something mystical or is it going to be an elaborate contraption or costume?

I'm leaning toward the latter but I'm kind of hoping for the former.
    I agree, but with added (non-consensual) drug use.

sig.gif
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Just watched the first two episodes of season 3 and WOW WHAT EVEN?

Rainfall on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Ok so
    I was under the impression that Hiram and Hermione met after high school, that he wasn't a part of the town while they were growing up.
    In my head canon at least, he was how she escaped town, but apparently not?
    Also, I'm so very very happy that there was more going on with the parents than just the usual high school romances/flings/sex.
    But where do the missing parents fit in? Gladys, Mary, the Mayor's husband? hmm. Interesting.

Also, yay for Ethel getting a part!

How does the Gargoyle King fit in with the Farm, are they tied together? Sure is implied that Evelyn is the source of the seizures though.

I'm begging for mysticla, know it will likely be mundane, and i'm still ok with that.

• Options
    Oh man, this is why we're getting the flashback episode, isn't it? That meeting and "what actually happened" back then. Awesome.

I figured it would be a random one-off, kind of like the musical episode last year.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Rainfall wrote: »

GOOD NEWS! The third episode is even crazier!

• Options
    I tried to watch the musical episode, I really did, but that much autotune gives me hives.

• Options
    I tried to watch the musical episode, I really did, but that much autotune gives me hives.
    Yeah, unfortunately the non-singing stuff is relevant.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    Yeah, unfortunately the non-singing stuff is relevant.

fortunately the netflix scan bar made it pretty easy to jump through and hit most of the talking parts.

• Options

Yay!

• Options

Since you're from the future, how about the lotto numbers?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Since you're from the future, how about the lotto numbers?

Wait... Has there only been two? WHOOPS

• Options
    I think it's a safe bet to imagine that S3E3 is gonna be some bananas shit.

• Options

Well, there's good bananas(the insanity of Season 1, Tales from the Darkside) and bad(a jailhouse rock dance number during a prison football game).

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

Well, there's good bananas(the insanity of Season 1, Tales from the Darkside) and bad(a jailhouse rock dance number during a prison football game).

That's your example for a bad banana!?!?!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    That Jailhouse Rock number was literally incredible!

• Options
    I feel dumb saying so since I'm the only one critical of where the show's going, but I thought it was just cringe-inducing. The show used to be clever, now it's just being silly.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Oh it was cringey as fuck.

• Options
    I just imagined the six NPC girls in the background wondering why they're dancing in front of a prison. Like, where's the episode where they get the team to dance in front of their boyfriend's fast food job or at their birthday party, if they're just calling in favors like that randomly?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    The Vixens totally did one of these outside Pops last year.

Shit, they even do funerals

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    I did appreciate the Vixens having all back funeral appropriate uniforms ready to go.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I got distracted by other shows and stopped watching after season 1.
    I just started watching again, and am blown away that I could have forgotten how much I disliked betty's parents.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I got distracted by other shows and stopped watching after season 1.
    I just started watching again, and am blown away that I could have forgotten how much I disliked betty's parents.

Just keep going.

It gets..... different.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I feel dumb saying so since I'm the only one critical of where the show's going, but I thought it was just cringe-inducing. The show used to be clever, now it's just being silly.

I think the only egregious element of the show I would happily cut out is Archie's affair with Miss Grundy.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

I think the only egregious element of the show I would happily cut out is Archie's affair with Miss Grundy.

But they reference it in the most recent episode! It’s all relevant!

I can’t help but think they were really going to try and tie together Sabrina and this with all the semi-supernatural stuff. The CW would’ve really botched the level of spook that Sabrina has but they would’ve been one cohesive product with crossovers.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    I feel like we're going to have one more 'tease' episode and then the next one after Sabrina is released there will be straight up magic, with a direct reference to something that happens in that show.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Zonugal wrote: »

Maybe not cut it (probably, though), but definitely shorten it.

But the only reason it went as long as it did is because Archie is dumb, so to shorten it Archie would have to not be dumb... so I'm conflicted.

sig.gif