As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Principal Honey has outlawed all fun in the [RIVERDALE] thread.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    It is possible that you're the only one watching it live, dear.
    It is. Same issue came up last year.

sig.gif
  • Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    That was a hell of an ending.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I legit cried at
    Vegas sitting by the door when Archie left, and then again lying there when he didn't come back

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Regarding the season premier:
    If they do an entire season around the Satanic panic from D&D in the 1970's, this third season might become one of my favorite seasons of anything ever.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    By the way, let's start the best inquiry we could for this new season.
    Who do we think they'll cast as Edgar Evernever?

• Options
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Would a certain former coal miner from Harlan County, KY be too on the nose, even for Riverdale?

sig.gif
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    There's speculation that
    Betty imagined the last scene, which would be very Riverdale, yet wholly disappointing.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Premier
    So was there ever any talk about explicitly tying Riverdale into the Sabrina series? Because, uhhhhh

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Can I just repeat, for the third season,
    I love Hermione Lodge.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Premier
    So was there ever any talk about explicitly tying Riverdale into the Sabrina series? Because, uhhhhh
    No, just heavily implied, and damn does it feel like it.

Also, S2 straight up involved Greendale. I speculate that they were going to directly tie them together until Netflix money hatted Sabrina.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    What the fucking fuck?

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    do I need to watch S2 for this
    because I don't know if I care enough to watch S2 but I do like whatting and fucking

• Options
    tynic wrote: »
    do I need to watch S2 for this
    because I don't know if I care enough to watch S2 but I do like whatting and fucking

Nah, S3 sums up everything of note from S2 in about five minutes. If that.

Watch Tales from the Darkside though, THAT episode was incredible.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Read a synopsis of season 2 and check out some of the cooler episodes and moments.

• Options
    And avoid the musical episode. Please.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »

DISAGREE

• Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »

DISAGREE

I love musicals, and it was terrible.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Zonugal on
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    season 2 is an incredible mess and also has at least three of the best episodes of the show

• Options
    YaYa wrote: »
    season 2 is an incredible mess and also has at least three of the best episodes of the show

I can just think of one... Tales from the Darkside. Maybe the premier?

That's... not disproving my point.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I'm kind of skimming through them and jumping past anything that looks tedious.
    "I'm an unwed mother carrying my cousin's twins!" is a hell of a line.

edit: spoiling in case someone hasn't seen S1

double edit: Riverdale has a surprisingly spicy teen gay beat for a small town.

tynic on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Season 2 is worth watching just for shirtless Sheriff Keller

• Options
    Season 2 is worth watching just for shirtless Sheriff Keller

D-A-D-D-Y

• Options
    Archie is a fucking moron

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Archie is possibly the dumbest teen in existence

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I love that this was lampshaded in the opening to series 3
    "...who founded, not one but two masked vigilante groups"

had me cackling.

I also want to see a Cheryl Vs Ollie archery contest

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    So when Archie's Mom left...
    And they did the pan over to Keller and FP, did anyone else think "Oh shit, the Hot Dads of Riverdale are angry."

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Of all the stuff that happened this week my wife's biggest issue continues to be that the female teenagers of Riverdale continue to always have matching sets of underwear 100% of the time

• Options
    Cheryl's entrance into this season was the definition of FIERCE

• Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    Would a certain former coal miner from Harlan County, KY be too on the nose, even for Riverdale?
    He wouldn't really track with how they've cast everyone else in the show.

if I had to guess, it'd be someone like Matthew Lillard or Joshua Jackson.

It's usually someone who was big in horror/thriller or teenage coming-of-age films from the 90's/2000's.

• Options
    Please bring Matthew Lillard into Riverdale.

• Options
    Please bring Matthew Lillard into Riverdale.

He's already been on Supernatural, the CW should be good to use him again.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

It's usually someone who was big in horror/thriller or teenage coming-of-age films from the 90's/2000's.
    I mean, if we're doing growing up from the 90's....

JTT is right there. So is Zachery Ty Bryan.
    OOrrrrrr, and hear me out on this, Jaleel White.

But yeah, Joshua Jackson.
    Joey Lawrence?

• Options

I mean, if we're doing growing up from the 90's....

JTT is right there. So is Zachery Ty Bryan.
    OOrrrrrr, and hear me out on this, Jaleel White.

But yeah, Joshua Jackson.
    Joey Lawrence?

WHOA

• Options
    If Riverdale became a tv show where popular teen actors from the 90's came to become serial killers, cult leaders, gangsters, and other monstrous identities it might become my favorite show of all time.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    The Dawson's Creek people seem like they're all doing well enough that they don't need to do a CW show

• Options
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    The Dawson's Creek people seem like they're all doing well enough that they don't need to do a CW show
    Yeah, but Vice Principal Joey Potter.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

Van Der Beek would do it.

Van Der Beek will do anything.

6tnbapzdeapa.gif

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Watched the season opener. God this show is so dumb. I love it.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    YaYa wrote: »

S2E9
    Being able to say the sentence "A masked gunman forces Betty to bury Archie alive" is precisely the reason I watch this shit

I once described some of the S1 plotlines to people who inexplicably do not watch this show and they flat out didn't believe me.