As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Non-Russia related Corruption/Grift/Ethics Violations in the [Trump] Administration

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    It's a pretty funny/sad contrast, seeing certain Republicans need police in full-on riot gear because they're terrified of protestors while the goddamn President just ups and crashes wedding receptions, allowing anyone to get near him and pose for photos.

But he is just that egotistic and needs people to be surprised to see him "acting like a common civilian."

Common civilians don't crash weddings.

I feel bad for the folks who had their wedding interrupted by this shit gibbon

Those folks are the ones rejoicing that he's been elected. You think they've ever worked a day in their lives either?

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    What information could a spy get them that Trump or Flynn wouldn't willingly turn over their selves?

"They finished their appetizers before addressing that missiles were in the air. Nuclear first strikes are a go"

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Neiman Marcus, TJ Maxx, Sears, Belk, and Kmart all pulling or culling Trump-brand products

I hope this doesn't distract the administration from finally getting to the bottom of all that voter fraud

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    I feel like I'm playing a warlock in wow again, it's just all corruption all the time.

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »

It wouldn't quite be right to say that this is how Russia got where it is today, because it was collapsing well before the oligarchs showed up to rob the place, but yeah. You're going to get The American Presidency ™, a wholly owned subsidiary of Exxon Mobil, with iChoose ™ Election Technology if nobody stands up to this nonsense.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    The Ender wrote: »

It wouldn't quite be right to say that this is how Russia got where it is today, because it was collapsing well before the oligarchs showed up to rob the place, but yeah. You're going to get The American Presidency ™, a wholly owned subsidiary of Exxon Mobil, with iChoose ™ Election Technology if nobody stands up to this nonsense.

No one can stand up to this nonsense.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    I feel like I'm playing a warlock in wow again, it's just all corruption all the time.

Except when it's agony or immolation. The class is a pretty good analogy.

• Options
    I don't even know where this should go

• Options
    Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    *slams head on desk*

He won't have that job for much longer if the military has any say in it. Hes basically compromised at this point.

Waffles or whatever on
  • Options
    Here's the Facebook post, if it gets deleted

• Options
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Jesus tapdancing christ.

This is why you live in the fucking White House. This is why you don't actually get to be pals with people any more.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Rick is the Man.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    This sure seems bad! And I agree with this:

He is going to spend every weekend there.

JoeUser on
  • Options

Holy shit seriously.

Shouldn't that be a guy that fairly few people know who it is?

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    World super power indeed :lol:

• Options
    This is so embarrassing

• Options
    I mean there is a 100% chance that some smartphone was cracked at that huddle, and that some secret information was leaked or will soon leak.

They're still using unsecured phones, and Donald's is not just insecure but old as hell.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    I honestly can't decide if it's more horrifying that there is a person following Trump around with the nuclear codes while he hangs out at his golf course, or if the entire world now knows how laughably easy it is to find out who that person is, and stand next to him.

I think I'm just going to file the whole thing under *screaming internally*

• Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular

Holy shit seriously.

I wouldn't think so, no. The bag is fairly obvious, and its carrier is required to be everywhere POTUS goes. It would be a pretty hard secret to keep.

• Options
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I honestly can't decide if it's more horrifying that there is a person following Trump around with the nuclear codes while he hangs out at his golf course
    Well if it makes you feel any better, we're almost certainly better off than the 20 years where the code was all zeros.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Apparently Trump crashed a wedding after the whole missile thing

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    A man of exactly those people who pay him large sums of money.

That's not inaccurate I guess.

• Options
    SoggybiscuitSoggybiscuit Tandem Electrostatic Accelerator Registered User regular

Holy shit seriously.

I wouldn't think so, no. The bag is fairly obvious, and its carrier is required to be everywhere POTUS goes. It would be a pretty hard secret to keep.

The fact that he appeared to be isolated and separated from the president is a dangerous precedent. That guy should have nearly the same Secret Service protection as the President

Steam - Synthetic Violence | XBOX Live - Cannonfuse | PSN - CastleBravo | Twitch - SoggybiscuitPA
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Remember that there were aides lighting up Trump's table with their camera phone lights because the dinner table was only lit by candles?

Every single phone out is a potential compromise of classified material, not just because the person with the phone out could be deliberately recording things, but because their phone could be compromised by an external party. Like Donald Trump's personal phone likely has been for some time.

• Options

Holy shit seriously.

The fact that he appeared to be isolated and separated from the president is a dangerous precedent. That guy should have nearly the same Secret Service protection as the President

And we're just assuming he doesn't because he took a picture? Can you not take a picture with the President?

I have to believe someone in charge considered security for the football before.

-That restaurant could be swarming with agents.

-There is likely to be more than one human luggage rack to cover your 24 hour Earth days. If so: Dude might not even be holding the thing in that photo.

• Options
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I'm not going to condemn Rick at all for that photograph. It's not like he would have much say in whether or not he poses for a photo with a dude who is friends with the President.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    I'd go resign, honestly

I trust Trump to get bored and fuck off sooner than any number of Republicans find their balls

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    I'd go resign, honestly

I trust Trump to get bored and fuck off sooner than any number of Republicans find their balls

That may be what they're waiting on, too

• Options
    I kind of love how the British gambling houses will let you bet on just about anything

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    The really frustrating thing is that just like Bush Jr's shenanigans, even when (if) we do ever get back in power, there's not much we can do about their current bullshit without coming off as the vindictive purgers of the opposition. The only hope is to set down some truly independent ethical checks and punishments, not this 'bipartisan' bullshit which is some of the most plainly partisan garbage around.

Fuck that, that never works out for Democrats and they never hold themselves to those standards. We lose nothing by doing this, and unlike them the Dems are ethically right. Trump is the outcome for not going after W.

Trump is because we didnt go after W. because we didnt go after Reagan because we didnt go after Nixon

Hopefully Democrats will learn the lesson this time.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

Holy shit seriously.

It's not meant or even feasible to keep it secret. But basic OPSEC would be to not announce to the world who it is.

• Options
    I'd go resign, honestly

That guy is a soldier following orders, they don't have that luxury.

• Options
    Quid wrote: »

Holy shit seriously.

It's not meant or even feasible to keep it secret. But basic OPSEC would be to not announce to the world who it is.

Fair, but it's far from the most egregious example of shitty OPSEC within 100 feet of the president this weekend. Or the most alarming.

• Options
    I'd go resign, honestly

That guy is a soldier following orders, they don't have that luxury.

The betting pool, they mean.

• Options
    Quid wrote: »

Holy shit seriously.

Fair, but it's far from the most egregious example of shitty OPSEC within 100 feet of the president this weekend. Or the most alarming.

Oh definitely, but it's something pretty much anyone could see is a bad idea

This discussion has been closed.