As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Non-Russia related Corruption/Grift/Ethics Violations in the [Trump] Administration

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Astaereth wrote: »
    I love that second Kellyanne clip. The interviewer is like "You say that Flynn lying is the reason for the resignation, but this reporting says the admin was warned weeks ago that Flynn had lied." And her response is basically, "That reporting can't be true, because Flynn continued to stay on in his job afterwards. We'd have to be crazy or I'd have to be a huge liar if that report is true." :rotate:

I imagine being a reporter during this administration is a bit like playing a social deduction game and having somebody claim to be the hidden role that you were assigned. You know for a fact that they are lying and can offer evidence of the lies, but about 40% of your supposed teammates are convinced that you are the liar. It must be maddening.

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Trump is silent on the issue right now

He has been strangely quiet since yesterday. Maybe somebody finally managed to convince him that tweeting from an unsecured phone is a security risk. I can imagine the secret service blew a gasket over that impromptu meeting at his fucking club over the weekend.

Then again, its not bloody likely and he'll be back to his shit posting self by tonight.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I love that second Kellyanne clip. The interviewer is like "You say that Flynn lying is the reason for the resignation, but this reporting says the admin was warned weeks ago that Flynn had lied." And her response is basically, "That reporting can't be true, because Flynn continued to stay on in his job afterwards. We'd have to be crazy or I'd have to be a huge liar if that report is true." :rotate:

Look, man. That couch was always there. It was there yesterday. It was there the day before that. And it was there the day before that. If you keep insisting that it was moved, I'm going so assume you're just crazy.

Gotta remember, her boss gave a speech in the rain (complete with Melania having an umbrella and former POTUSs in ponchos) and later claimed it was sunny.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Last few posts have been obviously staff written ones too

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    He knows there's nothing to say or do to improve the situation. Just wait a day or two 'till the whole thing blows over and people have something else to talk about.

Expect the usual bluster before long.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    TheBigEasy wrote: »

He has been strangely quiet since yesterday. Maybe somebody finally managed to convince him that tweeting from an unsecured phone is a security risk. I can imagine the secret service blew a gasket over that impromptu meeting at his fucking club over the weekend.

Then again, its not bloody likely and he'll be back to his shit posting self by tonight.

I mean his whole weekend got ruined by these constant interruptions, dude's just trying to relax and play some golf and then NK has to go firing off a stupid missile. He's probably just trying to reclaim some down time that got stolen from him over the weekend.

Fuck I hate this guy.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »

I mean his whole weekend got ruined by these constant interruptions, dude's just trying to relax and play some golf and then NK has to go firing off a stupid missile. He's probably just trying to reclaim some down time that got stolen from him over the weekend.

Fuck I hate this guy.

He's the Gremlin of shitposting. 'Don't post after midnight!' 'It's always after midnight!'

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Speak of the devil;

This is pretty much the silliest attempt at deflection that I've ever seen. Also, slightly interesting word choice there. Not deal with North Korea, but deal on?

Burnage on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Speak of the devil;

This is pretty much the silliest attempt at deflection that I've ever seen.

...illegal leaks? Like people leaking the illegal things Trump is doing?

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    This is a Dana Milibank op-ed, but I had to laugh, and also of course, be enraged anew at Chaffetz, who is a fucking obviously transparent hack:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/instead-of-probing-trump-chaffetz-takes-aim-at-a-cartoon-preschooler/2017/02/13/7e74e63c-f232-11e6-8d72-263470bf0401_story.html?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-a:homepage/story&utm_term=.15818308e69a
    The chairman of the powerful panel — the main investigative committee in the House — sent a letter to the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention demanding to know why, in an attempt to raise awareness of the Zika virus, “CDC appears poised to make a sole source award to the Jim Henson Company for $806,000 to feature Sid the Science Kid in an educational program about the virus.”

Sid, for readers not familiar with PBS children’s programming, is a preschool cartoon character. Like President Trump, Sid is orange. Unlike Trump, he is highly inquisitive. In each episode, Sid answers questions such as: Why can’t he scratch his ear with his foot the way his dog can? Why does his stomach growl when he makes French toast? Why did his yellow banana turn brown and mushy? In one of my favorite episodes, “The Big Sneeze,” Sid discovers that he needs to wash his hands even if he can’t see germs on them.

Chaffetz was quick to recognize the danger. On Jan. 26, the day after TMZ reported that the CDC was planning a Zika-education partnership with Sid, Chaffetz fired off a letter to acting CDC director Anne Schuchat, demanding a “written explanation” and “communications between CDC and the Jim Henson Company and also PBS.”

Of course, while he is focused on such pressing matters of national security, the President's tax returns remain unreleased, untold sums of profit are being funneled to him through his many business holdings by foreign governments, his National Security Adviser just resigned after being caught in a red-handed lie about making a fucking policy promise to the Russian Ambassador and continuing on in his post a month after the DOJ warned the White House about him being compromised, a completely unsecured national security response was conducted in the middle of a dinner full of wealthy randos, portions of the damning dossier on the connections between Russia and the Trump campaign were verified through hard intelligence, and probably other shit I'm missing because I'm tired of typing

Never forget that the Trump Administration is getting away with this because Republicans are letting them

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure how anybody still believes that Trump hires "the best people" anymore.

It's a fucking rogues gallery and their usefulness amounts to distraction fodder. My right hand is firing this incompetent, corrupt, lying bozo, pay no attention to the pay for play money I'm pocketing with my left.

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Of course he tweets two fucking minutes after I post.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Speak of the devil;

This is pretty much the silliest attempt at deflection that I've ever seen.

Pretty much, someone should let him know that leaks have been part and parcel of DC operating since at least the Wilson administration.

Whoever in his White House and other staff that's leaking are merely upholding a proud 100+ year tradition, something any real conservative can get behind.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    This is a Dana Milibank op-ed, but I had to laugh, and also of course, be enraged anew at Chaffetz, who is a fucking obviously transparent hack:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/instead-of-probing-trump-chaffetz-takes-aim-at-a-cartoon-preschooler/2017/02/13/7e74e63c-f232-11e6-8d72-263470bf0401_story.html?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-a:homepage/story&utm_term=.15818308e69a
    The chairman of the powerful panel — the main investigative committee in the House — sent a letter to the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention demanding to know why, in an attempt to raise awareness of the Zika virus, “CDC appears poised to make a sole source award to the Jim Henson Company for $806,000 to feature Sid the Science Kid in an educational program about the virus.”

Sid, for readers not familiar with PBS children’s programming, is a preschool cartoon character. Like President Trump, Sid is orange. Unlike Trump, he is highly inquisitive. In each episode, Sid answers questions such as: Why can’t he scratch his ear with his foot the way his dog can? Why does his stomach growl when he makes French toast? Why did his yellow banana turn brown and mushy? In one of my favorite episodes, “The Big Sneeze,” Sid discovers that he needs to wash his hands even if he can’t see germs on them.

Chaffetz was quick to recognize the danger. On Jan. 26, the day after TMZ reported that the CDC was planning a Zika-education partnership with Sid, Chaffetz fired off a letter to acting CDC director Anne Schuchat, demanding a “written explanation” and “communications between CDC and the Jim Henson Company and also PBS.”

Of course, while he is focused on such pressing matters of national security, the President's tax returns remain unreleased, untold sums of profit are being funneled to him through his many business holdings by foreign governments, his National Security Adviser just resigned after being caught in a red-handed lie about making a fucking policy promise to the Russian Ambassador and continuing on in his post a month after the DOJ warned the White House about him being compromised, a completely unsecured national security response was conducted in the middle of a dinner full of wealthy randos, portions of the damning dossier on the connections between Russia and the Trump campaign were verified through hard intelligence, and probably other shit I'm missing because I'm tired of typing

Never forget that the Trump Administration is getting away with this because Republicans are letting them

GOP on Flynn:

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    That doesn't really sound like a great use of 800K, though.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    I mean, people are leaking so much because they don't trust this administration to be competent. Maybe he should focus on the cause instead.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Speak of the devil;

This is pretty much the silliest attempt at deflection that I've ever seen. Also, slightly interesting word choice there. Not deal with North Korea, but deal on?

BECAUSE YOU ARE A CORRUPT ASSHOLE

And you are surrounded by a vortex of corrupt assholes

and the sheer force and strength of this black hole of corrupt assholery has never before been directly observed by science, but we know it's there due to its warping effects on gravity

You're an astronomical fucking breakthrough, you corrupt asshole

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited February 2017

That is the President of the United States admitting that his administration leaks like a sieve.

Obama had leaks too, but not on this level. Donnie hires the best people!

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Of course he tweets two fucking minutes after I post.

He's like the Candyman, you just gotta say "Emails" three times in a mirror to summon him.

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »

GOP on Flynn:

"It's his time to move on"

*checks watch*

It's been 24 days

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Maybe they leaked the information because Flynn was lying, the administration was repeating those lies, and nothing was being done about it despite having been informed of it in late January?

Edit: You also don't get to complain about how intentional leaks from internal sources about specific subjects are bad when a huge part of his campaign was based on information gained through espionage.

Couscous on
  • Options

*checks watch*

It's been 24 days
    Maybe his theme song is "Freebird".

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular

Look, man. That couch was always there. It was there yesterday. It was there the day before that. And it was there the day before that. If you keep insisting that it was moved, I'm going so assume you're just crazy.

Gotta remember, her boss gave a speech in the rain (complete with Melania having an umbrella and former POTUSs in ponchos) and later claimed it was sunny.

Did he actually say this? Because the clip showed on Last Week Tonight has him stating that the rain stopped, but doesn't explicitly say it was sunny.

It's a small bit of pedantry, but I've dealt with enough people who find any little thread of incorrectness to be worth pulling at for long enough to aim to do better.

Also I'm aware that it was a lie that it even stopped in the first place.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Is anybody going to ask Spicer why it took so long for them to care about a hand-selected administration official being wide open to blackmail?

Is anybody going to care when he weasels his way out of giving the obviously true answer?

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Because a significant portion of the population lives in their own bubble unattached to reality and facts. They never hear about any of this and if they did, they've been so conditioned to believe their own rhetoric that anything else is dismissed as lies.

That conservative bubble, BTW, in the middle of internal purges to remove any and all dissent and disagreement. Bannon is leading the charge with major outlets but even small church blogs and newsletters are doing their own purging. It won't be long until they can hear nothing but the official party line and that is the Absolute Truth (TM) that they cannot disagree with.

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular

GOP on Flynn:

*checks watch*

It's been 24 days

16 business days.

• Options
    Is anybody going to ask Spicer why it took so long for them to care about a hand-selected administration official being wide open to blackmail?

Is anybody going to care when he weasels his way out of giving the obviously true answer?

"-sorry we're out of time to talk about General Flynn. Let's cut to our Skype-panel, here's my nephew Steve from South Carolina with a question about Making America Great Again..."

• Options
    Martini_PhilosopherMartini_Philosopher Registered User regular

Wait. I finally get it. These people are right out of the Harvey Birdman cartoon. We're dealing with Phil Sebben as he's pointing to empty space and telling you to sit there.

There! Not there! There!

All opinions are my own and in no way reflect that of my employer.
  • Options

Knowing that you're not going to get much truth out of Spicer, if I were in the White House press pool I'd screw with him by going for obtuse crap, like the speed of a migrating swallow carrying a coconut.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

Porque no los dos?

#partymusic

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

Zika primarily impacts new mothers or families wanting to expand. Targeting a kids show is an easy way to reach out to parents, and in a way that gets more facts out than a 30 second PSA. Especially in multiple languages.

• Options
    AstaerethAstaereth In the belly of the beastRegistered User regular

I dunno, Donald, are you gonna continue to deal with North Korea in a crowded fucking restaurant full of cell phones?

ACsTqqK.jpg
  • Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Porque no los dos?

#partymusic

Remember, this White House isn't bi-lingual. No Spanish or Meme here, they only speak American.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    moniker wrote: »

GOP on Flynn:

*checks watch*

It's been 24 days

16 business days.

If it's doctor's hours you can forget about Wednesdays, too.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Re: Mar-A-Lago

If I was the security guy for a foreign dignitary, no way in hell would I want to go anywhere near that place. I'd love to see an ambassador, leader, or diplomat flat out refuse to go unless the paying members are not allowed on the grounds at the same time.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

I think the press has done a good job of asking the right questions and following up.

The Russia thread hasn't slowed down yet and this will ramp it up hard

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Stop. Booking. Kellyanne. Conway. she's not going to explain anything you want her to explain, she will lie to your face, and she will leave your viewers less informed than they were before she came on. There is no value in inviting her on news shows anymore.

Vox has a very good video on this:

https://youtu.be/C-7fzHy3aG0

The only winning move is not to play.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    That preview image is... not very flattering.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Coinage wrote: »

Why not?

It's an informational campaign they felt would be useful, it costs about that much to pay for the production of the thing, and 800K is about what the federal government spends on thumbtacks per day.

Edit: Like in general I try to remember that complaints about hundreds of thousands being "wasted" are like someone getting real hot and bothered about how I spent a penny. Particularly when I spent the penny on an educational campaign about a disease that was all over the news for a long time and probably scared kids.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Stop. Booking. Kellyanne. Conway. she's not going to explain anything you want her to explain, she will lie to your face, and she will leave your viewers less informed than they were before she came on. There is no value in inviting her on news shows anymore.

I think really this goes for anyone in the Trump administration.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
This discussion has been closed.