As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PODCAST thread: it's like Taco Bell on your wedding day.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    the first 2-3 volumes aren't card game focused, then kaiba hosts the Death T tournament and everything's about duel monsters after that

The first few volumes of Yu-Gi-Oh are super interesting but only in the frame of "look what this major card franchise started as!" because the actual content is dogshit.

i liked it when i was 13 and i choose not to revisit it

Sounds like it's time for a podcast

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    the first 2-3 volumes aren't card game focused, then kaiba hosts the Death T tournament and everything's about duel monsters after that

The first few volumes of Yu-Gi-Oh are super interesting but only in the frame of "look what this major card franchise started as!" because the actual content is dogshit.

oh yeah i have said multiple times that if i were to ever do a rewatch podcast it would be for yugioh

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Oh man bootleg beyblades were amazing and terrifying.

Had a friend that had an all metal one. It was a peice of shit and eventually the top, bottom,and that weight bit in the middle all blew apart when it was going full speed and just rocket across the room in different directions. I'm amazed none of us got hurt.

Then there was the kid who taped a bunch of nuts and washers to one. That was basically a shrapnel grenade waiting to happen.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    More MaxFunDrive 2017 bonus episodes are up

The MBMBaM episode is a father special entitled Your Three Dads, where the brothers just talk about dad things

and the Rose Buddies episode is a 30 minute interview with Jasmine Lorimer, the Canadian Bachelorette

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    hey guys? This game might be a big fucking deal

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Whoa whoa hold up WHAT IS THIS GAME

Veldrin on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    OO WA AH AH AH

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    (annoyed grunt)

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    (Tim Allen grunt)

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    ooh wah ah ah ah is my fart joke, my low hanging fruit, my old chestnut

it is funny every fucking time

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    all I wanna do is DOH DOH DOH DOH

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    That is amazing.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    oh since this series is in the news again, I figured it's a good time for people who missed this to catch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRqQ5QQGCAM

Justin McElroy's failed review of the original Nier, which he refused to continue playing after 4 hours

And for anyone who doesn't know, the giant red X on his map is where he should be standing. It has been the destination point for every single quest and objective up to that point in the game. I have no idea how anyone could miss it and decide to stand there fishing for an hour and then complain about-
    Reynolds wrote: »
    905a8li294iw.jpg

I told my friend the entire story about this and the bad review and everything before he started Nier. And he still did this.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    That is amazing.

mouth sounds/silence/moods is true art

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

The gimmick of the podcast is you actually do the games in the manga.

Go round the table, introduce everyone, then break out the knife and bills.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    The latest Digital Moncast was mostly about bloomin onions it turns out! I guess that was bound to happen sooner or later if you think about it.
    "Yeah, welcome to the MARCH episode."
    "I slept through our last recording session, okay?"
    "Hi, I'm Tyler. We're doing introductions. That's a thing we do." "Is it?"
    "It still just raises more questions." "Since when has Digimon answered questions?"
    Jules immediately found the best fanfic
    "This person also has, as their avatar, Sonic the Hedgehog giving a thumbs up." I don't really read fanfic, but this Tai and Kari being detectives bullshit sounds completely perfect
    "Tyler, you Power Ranger wiki'd us."
    "No, because when she was growing up, she was a dog who got beaten up by a vampire." "I'm sorry, just that sentence!" "I mean, we've all been there, right?"
    "It's the source of his wizard powers. He got so drunk that he like, ascended." That's just the plot of Problem Sleuth.
    It's Morbius (the Living Vampire) not Morlun
    "People suddenly shown to be only wearing jorts, while howling at the moon. More on this later."
    "Do you think Gennai intentionally got her sick so she'd miss summer camp?" I guess I do now
    "But also, why did you put yourself in a jail cell as your bedroom?" "Because that's metal, man."
    "See, this is where the Swan Boat would have come in handy." "It would have, but the Swan Boat is-" "Swan Boat is busy trying to keep the Digital World intact. It's gonna fail, because it's just one Swan Boat, but it's doing a valiant effort."
    "What Tri should have been is an entire spinoff that was just Episode: Swan Boat."
    "It's not even electricity, it's thunder. It's sound." "You're right actually, it's the elemental opposite of electricity."
    "The ultimate life cycle, dog-cat-angel-dragon."
    "No, it doesn't need to be quality, it just needs to be-" "Quantity." "Exactly."
    "Tyler, what the fuck is Australian cuisine?" "Alcohol, mostly."
    "I mean, you're stealing our whole schtick of stealing other people's cultures." "Well there we go."
    "Well also, let's get into, what the fuck is a bloomin onion?"
    Bloomin onions are big, I definitely couldn't eat a whole one
    "'Would you say that the Digital Moncast has any rules, or just right?' To that I say, to both, no." "Yeah, no rules and no right." This was my terrible question, which I didn't remember asking until just now.
    "Why are there so many fucking questions about bloomin onions?"
    If I even looked at a loaded bloomin onion I would die, it sounds pretty good
    "You don't wanna survive the loaded bloomin onion." "You hope this thing takes you out, mercifully."
    "I'm pretty sure 52 dumplings has more mass than my entire body." "Actually yeah, you are quite tiny Tyler." Tyler is as tall as five dumplings, and weighs as much as three.
    I also asked if Outback's steak was good, it sounds like it is okay.
    "Yeah, but that's the problem with Outback Steakhouse, because they entered quite a paradox situation here of, there are no rules, just right, so you have no rights, by their rules."
    "'How many bloomin onions can one person eat?' I don't know, if it's me, three?" So over the course of this discussion, Jules has basically been like, 'what kind of abomination is a bloomin onion? I could probably put away like three of them though.'
    "All of these notifications, none of them are questions."
    "We can stall for a while. Alright, Jules, you still have the fanfic open, right?" "Yeah, I do, hold on one second." "Son of a bitch."
    "The Audio Entropy slogan: It's Fine."
    "I thought in Australia there were no rules, just right."
    No one knows if goannas are venomous or not, so that's weird
    Joel might also be venomous, be careful Audio Entropy people
    "The entire concept of the bloomin onion mystifies me."
    "Did you just fucking read out an Outback Steakhouse ad on our podcast?" "I sure as hell did!" "GET THE FUCK OFF THIS SHOW!"
    god this fucking fanfic

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    I love our beautiful shitshow

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    More and more I'm starting to think that Kendall is becoming my foil in our podcast, especially as I'm starting to edit this week's.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »

I'm so unbelievably proud of this one and I have absolutely no right to be.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

It's really the only way it makes sense for a podcast about Digimon to be.

• Options
    Gonmun wrote: »
    More and more I'm starting to think that Kendall is becoming my foil in our podcast, especially as I'm starting to edit this week's.

That's good, you gotta have a foil to keep you on your toes. That's why the Moncast works so well, it's all foils

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

I'm so unbelievably proud of this one and I have absolutely no right to be.

This is one of the episodes where the whole anachronic order thing the Digital Moncast does worked pretty well, it was like oh, that's how we got here.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The Still Buffering MaxFunDrive bonus is an episode of My Sister, My Sister and Me

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »

Kendall provides a lot of good fuel for discussion for sure

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    The Still Buffering MaxFunDrive bonus is an episode of My Sister, My Sister and Me

Y'know, something just occurred to me. Given Rileigh's podcast debut, I'd up my donation level to get an episode of every show Justin does where she stands in for him. I wanna hear her Taako.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    edited March 2017
    I would actually be totally down with a smirl sisters D&D podcast; maybe in the off week between a mcelroy TAZ?

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    I would actually be totally down with a smirl sisters D&D podcast; maybe in the off week between a mcelroy TAZ?

Well the TAZ bonus isn't up yet and there was a picture of Justin teaching the Smirls D&D floating around the Twitosphere a while back...

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    a new "season" of TAZ: Nights with Travis' cool steampunk campaign and a smirl show in between would fucking own, are you kidding me

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    It might get better or even have gotten better with time, but I did not really like Travis as DM. He had way too much exposition and it just wasn't very good. I'm kind of worried about that since it seems like a lock moving forward.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    More MaxFunDrive 2017 bonus episodes are up

The MBMBaM episode is a father special entitled Your Three Dads, where the brothers just talk about dad things

and the Rose Buddies episode is a 30 minute interview with Jasmine Lorimer, the Canadian Bachelorette

Aww, I miss the GiantBomb Dadcasts.

• Options
    So is there a recommended We Hate Movies episode to go with if I'm jumping straight in the deep end?

I just started up the Suicide Squad one out of interest aaaaand uhhhh... this "chris can't be near kids" bit at the start is kinda offputting from the get-go.

• Options
    can someone remind me how to get the maxfun bonus casts? I'm a donor but I never remember how to get them. Their website is...not awesome

• Options
    cursedking wrote: »
    can someone remind me how to get the maxfun bonus casts? I'm a donor but I never remember how to get them. Their website is...not awesome

http://maximumfun.org/donorsonly

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Veldrin wrote: »
    So is there a recommended We Hate Movies episode to go with if I'm jumping straight in the deep end?

I just started up the Suicide Squad one out of interest aaaaand uhhhh... this "chris can't be near kids" bit at the start is kinda offputting from the get-go.

The Star Wars prequels, The Lost World: JP, or even just the Mailbags since A) they're hilarious and B) occasionally reference some of their choicest episodes.

Recently speaking, be on the lookout for Hamster Man and Fat Spies.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    holy shit why does Mass Effect look this bad? (Visually)

Like... didn't ME3 look better than this? Why is everyone a mannequin?!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    cursedking wrote: »

http://maximumfun.org/donorsonly

awesome, thanks, now that I remember you need a password I checked my mail and the relevant one was in the garbage so...glad I checked.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Veldrin wrote: »

Stay Tuned, Food Fight, Mortal Kombat, Jingle All The Way 2, Ghostbusters 2, Secret Window, The Butterfly Effect, and Wild In The Streets are my biggest recommends

edit, oh and Rocky IV and the second Ewok Adventure, I think it's called Battle for Endor?

TheySlashThem on
This discussion has been closed.