As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PODCAST thread: it's like Taco Bell on your wedding day.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    The Seventh Son WHM is maybe my favorite episode of a podcast ever

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    fuck, I forgot about that

there are a lot of good ones

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    The butterfly effect episode is absolutely fantastic.

Also

Vinny continues to be the best.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    So is there a recommended We Hate Movies episode to go with if I'm jumping straight in the deep end?

I just started up the Suicide Squad one out of interest aaaaand uhhhh... this "chris can't be near kids" bit at the start is kinda offputting from the get-go.

Stay Tuned, Food Fight, Mortal Kombat, Jingle All The Way 2, Ghostbusters 2, Secret Window, The Butterfly Effect, and Wild In The Streets are my biggest recommends

edit, oh and Rocky IV and the second Ewok Adventure, I think it's called Battle for Endor?

Also Tuff Turf for an example of one they actually love

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    i had only kind of tangentially been following missing richard simmons but that seems fucked up

that's basically just...publicizing your stalking.

cursedking on
    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Yeah I'm starting to get that feel too. I really liked the first episode, and the editing is still top-notch, but the last one I listened to had them recording themselves going to his estate and poking around and that was the point where I decided I wasn't entirely comfortable with it anymore.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    holy shit why does Mass Effect look this bad? (Visually)

Like... didn't ME3 look better than this? Why is everyone a mannequin?!

I don't really care about the visuals so much, they've always been kind of bad.

Thing I've been mostly disappointed with is (spoilered for those who want to go in as fresh as possible)
    that this was supposed to be a Whole New Galaxy, but from what little I've exposed myself to, it's kind of already got lots of people from the old Galaxy?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    cursedking wrote: »
    i had only kind of tangentially been following missing richard simmons but that seems fucked up

that's basically just...publicizing your stalking.

At the start, it was mostly just concerned with painting a more nuanced picture of Simmons as a person (as opposed to the pop-culture figure most people know him as) and explaining why his sudden decision to cut off contact with the rest of the world was such a big deal. But they quickly reached the point where it seemed clear that Simmons, for personal reasons, wanted out of the spotlight and that should have been where it ended. One of the people they interviewed straight up TOLD them that. And then it kept going...

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    holy shit why does Mass Effect look this bad? (Visually)

Like... didn't ME3 look better than this? Why is everyone a mannequin?!

I don't really care about the visuals so much, they've always been kind of bad.

Thing I've been mostly disappointed with is (spoilered for those who want to go in as fresh as possible)
    that this was supposed to be a Whole New Galaxy, but from what little I've exposed myself to, it's kind of already got lots of people from the old Galaxy?

Visuals won't break it for me but it is a really negative first impression, it is a bad looking game and that kind of shocked me

(also the characters seem flat as hell but that's very subjective)

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    twitter.com/roseveleth/status/842375309580238849

Yeah I'm starting to get that feel too. I really liked the first episode, and the editing is still top-notch, but the last one I listened to had them recording themselves going to his estate and poking around and that was the point where I decided I wasn't entirely comfortable with it anymore.

The problem is it was fine when it was "this guy had a big impact on a lot of people, and this is going to show why people still need him"

But the more the show goes on, the clearer it is that the aim of the show is sticking a microphone in his face and making him explain himself

The show seemed to lose any sensitivity to his situation, at one point literally saying "what, he can't just call up his closest friends and tell them goodbye forever? It's not hard!" when that sounds like the hardest thing imaginable

The show would be better if it was literally "Missing Richard Simmons" but clearly the intent is "MISSING: Richard Simmons"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    How heinous is the Space Colonialism, can you start some Space Musket Wars or what

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    twitter.com/roseveleth/status/842375309580238849

The problem is it was fine when it was "this guy had a big impact on a lot of people, and this is going to show why people still need him"

But the more the show goes on, the clearer it is that the aim of the show is sticking a microphone in his face and making him explain himself

The show seemed to lose any sensitivity to his situation, at one point literally saying "what, he can't just call up his closest friends and tell them goodbye forever? It's not hard!" when that sounds like the hardest thing imaginable

The show would be better if it was literally "Missing Richard Simmons" but clearly the intent is "MISSING: Richard Simmons"

Yep, exactly. At this point I'm just sympathizing with the man. Like, I can 100% relate to wanting to shut yourself off from everyone for a while and I've never been anywhere near the sort of spotlight he had.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    @simben speaking of accents last night I played a French privateer in a Pen & Paper game but I don't know any French people so I basically did my best Simon imitation the whole time and I'm PRETTY sure I nailed it, by which I mean Mrs. Chilla closed the door to the office because she said it was too painful

Did you finish every sentence on the wrong intonation, trailing off and saying "which, so, yeah"?

I feel that's key for a Me.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SimBen wrote: »
    @simben speaking of accents last night I played a French privateer in a Pen & Paper game but I don't know any French people so I basically did my best Simon imitation the whole time and I'm PRETTY sure I nailed it, by which I mean Mrs. Chilla closed the door to the office because she said it was too painful

Did you finish every sentence on the wrong intonation, trailing off and saying "which, so, yeah"?

yes I also yelled ZUT ALORS a lot just like you do

• Options

Tabarnak.

sig.gif
  • Options

How many times did you bring up Sardo?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Sardo

no Mr

Accent on the do

• Options
    CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    I finally got around to listening to the TWA Sonic bonus episode! Thank you for answering my question and determining that Sonic is, in fact, good.

I have a twitter.
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017

Tabarnak.

if this is the quebecois swear word my grandmother is going to be very very disappointed in you

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    fRAWRst wrote: »

Tabarnak.

if this is the quebecois swear word my grandmother is going to be very very disappointed in you

My mom too.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »

Tabarnak.

It's on the list of random swears I know, so yeah, probably.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular

Sardo

no Mr

Accent on the do

Sardo was one of the few things I retained in my memory from Are You Afraid of the Dark.

That discount Tim Curry motherfucker amused me every time he showed up.

I just wanted to let Simon know he's not alone.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    VINK! WITH A VA-VA-VA!!

• Options
    TankHammer wrote: »

Sardo

no Mr

Accent on the do

Sardo was one of the few things I retained in my memory from Are You Afraid of the Dark.

That discount Tim Curry motherfucker amused me every time he showed up.

I just wanted to let Simon know he's not alone.

THANK YOU

I was starting to think I was in submitted to the approval of the Midnight Society, I call this story The Tale of the Imagined Sardo

sig.gif
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    now wait a minute, in this nier quick look the giant bomb folks are pronouncing it "au-to-MA-ta"
    I thought that was just either a mispronunciation or a canadian pronunciation difference because the only other place I had heard it said that way was from those wacky canadian Best Friends Play folks

am I actually the crazy one for pronouncing that word "au-TOM-a-ta"?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    auTOMata is probably more correct (because automaton) but autoMAta is how I say it unless I'm thinking about it

both are fine

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Auto Tomato

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Auto Tomato

Auto Potato?

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Auto Tomato

Auto Potato?

same thing, really

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    cursedking wrote: »
    Auto Tomato

Auto Potato?

same thing, really

Let's call the whole thing off

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    now wait a minute, in this nier quick look the giant bomb folks are pronouncing it "au-to-MA-ta"
    I thought that was just either a mispronunciation or a canadian pronunciation difference because the only other place I had heard it said that way was from those wacky canadian Best Friends Play folks

am I actually the crazy one for pronouncing that word "au-TOM-a-ta"?

No that's correct.

• Options
    For real though, I've always heard "automaton" pronounced au-TAHM-a-tahn, and assume that "Automata" follows the same.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    tit's pronouce automato

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I wonder if this just might be a cultural difference between Japan and the West.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I haven't even heard how any japanese people pronounce it

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    For real though, I've always heard "automaton" pronounced au-TAHM-a-tahn, and assume that "Automata" follows the same.

I have a history of mispronouncing automaton in my head and thus say "Automata" the way one might say "automatic" with the last letters swapped. Au-to-MA-ta

• Options
    TankHammer wrote: »

I have a history of mispronouncing automaton in my head and thus say "Automata" the way one might say "automatic" with the last letters swapped. Au-to-MA-ta

Hmm, that also makes sense...

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Is this like a KoJIma vs KOjima thing?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    As others have mentioned, I think it just depends on if your brain jumps to it being a modified version of the work automaton or automatic, which are both close enough thematically that I wouldn't consider either to be wrong

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
This discussion has been closed.