As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cat [chat]

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    St. Rafker

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I know i'm being the debbie downer here, but i feel like Trudeau is only good by comparison to his predecessor and to other heads of state.

(Yeah, I'm still salty about him reneging on electoral reform. That is a big reason a lot of people voted for him and he just goes "Well, turns out it'd be harder for me to have a second term with electoral reform so.... LOL")

(I voted NDP and didn't really feel good about it because Mulcair is also a bit problematic to me.)

also hes a problematic cultural appropriator

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    People who hate cats and/or dogs are weird.

Preferring one or the other is fine. Not having any special affection for them because you're like, allergic or something is understandable.

But every now and again you run into a self-identified "dog person" or "cat person" who is more than just all about their dog or cat, they're downright hostile to the other sort of pet and they're kinda weird about it.

Often it's based on negative personal experience or trauma (as such prejudice often is) but sometimes its just inexplicable animosity that should probably get unpacked.

Dogs are good, cats are good.

It is okay to prefer one over the other.

If you are poopy about it, y tho

for me it's mostly about litter and potty training with cats

I don't hate cats, but I dislike them greatly and will probably never own one again. Cats are fun to pet and play with and all that, like every animal has their ups and downs. But the litter is not something I ever want to deal with again, especially when they stop using it.

We didn't have to really litter train our cats. When Eevee was a kitten she pooped on the floor once. We picked up the poop, put it in the litter box, showed her the litter box, and that was that.

most cats you don't

I live in an apartment so we couldn't let our cats outside

even if I didn't, there's a good chance we still wouldn't let our cats outside

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    I'm still uncomfortable with [chat] swooning over Trudeau and I'm going to be a Debbie Downer about it every time because he's actually my Prime Minister and I gotta deal with his shitty craven politics.

It really, really bothers me how much of a pass he gets from the media and the world at large because he's attractive and the bar is set so low by other countries' politicians like Trump and May.

He's a feckless and untrustworthy weasel

He promotes and backs shitty, Orwellian laws that damage freedom (Bill C51, C23) and is a huge coward on environmental issues (oil pipelines, oil-sands). He makes sweeping campaign promises like election reform (which he's backpedaled on) and legalised cannabis (which he's gone nowhere with and is next on the chopping block).

There are some of my own countrymen who go "yeah but he was better than Harper", SO WHAT, this is Canada we have more than two parties and you didn't have to choose based on who was slightly less shit.

God this is so gross.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    kedinik wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »
    god damnit, I can't get the HMO through work because I live in a different state, the cheapest health insurance I can get is absolute fucking garbage, still costs $214 a month, and has a $3500 deductible

so under the ACA if I don't buy it I get a fine, because the dog shit is $12 under being 8% of my annual income, but I definitely won't be able to afford to use any of these except the most expensive one, which I can't really afford the monthly fee for, and is over 10% of my income and should qualify me for a subsidy - but won't because the dog shit exists

yeah the mandate sucks

just a real bad idea

No, the mandate was a fine idea, implemented terribly. Thanks GOP and Blue Dogs!

I'm pretty sure the very existence of the mandate is one of the bad ideas we can thank the Blue Dogs for?

*holds forth on personal views about the fundamentally rotten nature of insurance as the funding source for public goods*

i mean

it doesn't work well with the mandate and states refusing to expand medicaid

it doesn't work at all without the mandate

I mean, that last bit is the talking point industry lobbyists sold to politicians, but I don't think it's bearing out?

It seems more like the mandate sets the (high) price at which insurance companies can comfortably ream poors who don't quite qualify for any real assistance; charge them a little less than the massive tax hit they would take, offer a barely legal policy that is basically only useful if you need invasive surgery or chemo

I've been poor for the last 4 years in a state with expanded Medicare, and the only time the mandate didn't cause some kind of financial crisis for me is when I had cheap health insurance through a full-time job

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I just need to make like $10,000 a year more than I do

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular

Preferring one or the other is fine. Not having any special affection for them because you're like, allergic or something is understandable.

But every now and again you run into a self-identified "dog person" or "cat person" who is more than just all about their dog or cat, they're downright hostile to the other sort of pet and they're kinda weird about it.

Often it's based on negative personal experience or trauma (as such prejudice often is) but sometimes its just inexplicable animosity that should probably get unpacked.

I don't hate cats, but I dislike them greatly and will probably never own one again. Cats are fun to pet and play with and all that, like every animal has their ups and downs. But the litter is not something I ever want to deal with again, especially when they stop using it.

We didn't have to really litter train our cats. When Eevee was a kitten she pooped on the floor once. We picked up the poop, put it in the litter box, showed her the litter box, and that was that.

most cats you don't

I would never let the cats outside. Between traffic, wild animals, and asshole, it's just too dangerous out there. The little fluffy ones can lay on the bay window sill and admire the outside world.

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I know i'm being the debbie downer here, but i feel like Trudeau is only good by comparison to his predecessor and to other heads of state.

(Yeah, I'm still salty about him reneging on electoral reform. That is a big reason a lot of people voted for him and he just goes "Well, turns out it'd be harder for me to have a second term with electoral reform so.... LOL")

(I voted NDP and didn't really feel good about it because Mulcair is also a bit problematic to me.)

Trudeau is the walking & breathing arrogant, self-absorbed liberal stereotype.

I mean, whatever, the memes are cute and he has not done a bad job at governing. But he's going to give the Tories another majority by the time he's done.

Mulcair's straight-up trash. Everyone in the party knows it, and it came out in full force during the election campaign... but there are a lot of olds & die hard Jack Layton supporters, and Muclair is basically all that's left of Layton's legacy. Sad wreckage of better times.

I have my fingers crossed that we'll be able to move forward in a substantive way after the leadership convention. Niki Ashton'll have my vote if she runs.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Umm actually STRFKR is a NIN cover band fyi hth

Neco on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I'm still uncomfortable with [chat] swooning over Trudeau and I'm going to be a Debbie Downer about it every time because he's actually my Prime Minister and I gotta deal with his shitty craven politics.

It really, really bothers me how much of a pass he gets from the media and the world at large because he's attractive and the bar is set so low by other countries' politicians like Trump and May.

He promotes and backs shitty, Orwellian laws that damage freedom (Bill C51, C23) and is a huge coward on environmental issues (oil pipelines, oil-sands). He makes sweeping campaign promises like election reform (which he's backpedaled on) and legalised cannabis (which he's gone nowhere with and is next on the chopping block).

There are some of my own countrymen who go "yeah but he was better than Harper", SO WHAT, this is Canada we have more than two parties and you didn't have to choose based on who was slightly less shit.

God this is so gross.

To be an additional debbie downer this sounds just like us down south of you.

• Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    ChelleYeah wrote: »
    if I HAVE to buy health insurance I might as well buy the most expensive insurance and actually use it, and be condemned to live with my nephew forever because I'm spending 30% of my net income on healthcare at age 32 without any chronic conditions

join the club brah

but dont you have a cyborg spine

yes want to see my xray?

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

most cats you don't

I would never let the cats outside. Between traffic, wild animals, and asshole, it's just too dangerous out there. The little fluffy ones can lay on the bay window sill and admire the outside world.

Yeah you were AWOL when I was dealing with my previous cat issues, which is what I think was one of the 3-4 reasons my LTR ended with my ex.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    j26gakeaxl0e.jpg

boop

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

most cats you don't

my cats just poop wherever they want because they are assholes

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options

God this is so gross.

Trudeau is a Democrat by the sounds of it

but the alternative is the eldritch madness that always lingers on the periphery of our vision in America ever since Trump's inauguration so whatcha gonna do

• Options
    Also

Cats> everything

But no joke

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular

I will give him a pass on the electoral reform, if only because while people enthusiastically say they want reform when asked what kind of reform there should be there is silence and a shuffling of feet, and in the distance a dog barks.

Though, I can't vote, so what does it even matter what I think?

sig.gif
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    god damnit, I can't get the HMO through work because I live in a different state, the cheapest health insurance I can get is absolute fucking garbage, still costs $214 a month, and has a $3500 deductible

so under the ACA if I don't buy it I get a fine, because the dog shit is $12 under being 8% of my annual income, but I definitely won't be able to afford to use any of these except the most expensive one, which I can't really afford the monthly fee for, and is over 10% of my income and should qualify me for a subsidy - but won't because the dog shit exists

yeah the mandate sucks

just a real bad idea

No, the mandate was a fine idea, implemented terribly. Thanks GOP and Blue Dogs!

I'm pretty sure the very existence of the mandate is one of the bad ideas we can thank the Blue Dogs for?

*holds forth on personal views about the fundamentally rotten nature of insurance as the funding source for public goods*

i mean

I mean, that last bit is the talking point industry lobbyists sold to politicians, but I don't think it's bearing out?

It seems more like the mandate sets the (high) price at which insurance companies can comfortably ream poors who don't quite qualify for any real assistance; charge them a little less than the massive tax hit they would take, offer a barely legal policy that is basically only useful if you need invasive surgery or chemo

I've been poor for the last 4 years in a state with expanded Medicare, and the only time the mandate didn't cause some kind of financial crisis for me is when I had cheap health insurance through a full-time job

there's no way a risk pool works where the only people paying in are those taking out more than they contribute

• Options
    *eating entire box of samoas* if I'm going to pay every spare cent I got for health insurance I'm going to get use out of it!

where can I get some bacon

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Trudeau sounds like Obama then? Is that an apt comparison?

Neco on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1KW3ZkLtuo

Yup. More evidence of cat superiority.

• Options
    now, the fact that insurance is too expensive even with assistance is a separate problem with what a private, for-profit health industry costs

but if insurance costs more than 10% of your income, then you are supposed to be exempt from having coverage as well

if 10% of your income is a financial crisis and you don't qualify for any assistance, that's not really a problem with the mandate, that's a gap between the assistance and affordability (and outside factors like housing costs being too expensive so you can't reasonably pare back spending elsewhere)

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    tumblr_olfaj9Yb6d1uwi6g0o1_400.png

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I honestly didn't know Trudeau was not beloved. That is definitely not the narrative spun in the states

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Atomika wrote: »

@Atomika they're playing in Dallas on Monday

n501bvedwjfc.png

Crying-girl-on-american-idol_o_GIFSoup.com_.gif

Atomika on
  • Options
    edited February 2017

yeah the mandate sucks

just a real bad idea

i mean

there's no way a risk pool works where the only people paying in are those taking out more than they contribute

yeah the problem isn't the mandate to me, it's just that the cushions they put in for people who will have genuine financial trouble with it are INCREDIBLY SPECIFIC AND POORLY THOUGHT OUT

Again I think any government program where a citizen wouldn't want a raise at work because they'd actually lose money should be rethought. It's double frustrating because the opposition party, if they lived in our reality, would fucking seize on this and FIX IT and take credit for the now MUCH LESS ONEROUS program

But no we got the well meaning but slightly disconnected fair weather good guys on one side and the guys that want to burn society down and create Galt's Gulch on the other

override367 on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I used to spend the whole day just playing with the boa too

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I honestly didn't know Trudeau was not beloved. That is definitely not the narrative spun in the states

he's pretty much exactly their obama

all these expectations pinned on him whether they were supported by his policies or not

he's not bad, he's just not the dreamy star child progressive warrior who will topple the wage system

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    HerrCron wrote: »

I will give him a pass on the electoral reform, if only because while people enthusiastically say they want reform when asked what kind of reform there should be there is silence and a shuffling of feet, and in the distance a dog barks.

Though, I can't vote, so what does it even matter what I think?

That's because for decades politicians have actively suppressed efforts to educate people about what kind of voting reform options could even exist.

During the Harper years, there were several attempted projects to educate people on alternatives to FPTP, and the government actively killed those efforts.

It's not the fault of the people that they lack information when it's being denied to them, and yet they instinctively know something is fucky

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Medicaid for all and in general taxing wealth in exchange for social services is the actual useful path but you cannot get there in the US ever, apparently.

In a decade will talk to each other about how good our option to be shivved in the gut twice weekly is compared to the LINES they have in SOCIALIST countries.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

God this is so gross.

I hate to be negative always but it's the same thing as when people fawn over Joe Biden or even Obama.

Neoliberalism isn't good just because it looks so relative to the goddamn Legion of Doom.

• Options

yeah the mandate sucks

just a real bad idea

i mean

yeah the problem isn't the mandate to me, it's just that the cushions they put in for people who will have genuine financial trouble with it are INCREDIBLY SPECIFIC AND POORLY THOUGHT OUT

Again I think any government program where a citizen wouldn't want a raise at work because they'd actually lose money should be rethought. It's double frustrating because the opposition party, if they lived in our reality, would fucking seize on this and FIX IT and take credit for the now MUCH LESS ONEROUS program

But no we got the well meaning but slightly disconnected bureaucrats and the guys that want to burn society down and create Galt's Gulch

we have the same problem with some forms of social assistance like disability and food stamps, where you are allowed to work up to a certain point, but if you work more than that, you're cut off your aid completely, so there's no incentive to work if you are capable

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular

Worth saying that @Pony & I do not represent the average Canadian, so...

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    why doesnt anyone want to see my cyborg xrays?!

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    neoliberalism gets elected tho

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I used to spend the whole day just playing with the boa too

just like most high school boys

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    @bogart excellent OP

*bestows C A T F R I E N D medal*

• Options
    ChelleYeah wrote: »
    why doesnt anyone want to see my cyborg xrays?!

jealousy probly

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    [snip]

I'm cool with the mandate but just letting employers have 100% of the control and completely cutting employees out from benefits at arbitrary points of income, and not letting the employee take things into account like student loans or other bills you can't just not pay is the problem

And everyone pretending this is all on the GOP, it was like this in the initial version of the bill too, as far as I recall - the Dems are in favor of this
    What is the this?

Also take a look at P970 chapter 4, maybe it would be of some help?

Surfpossum on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    bogart excellent OP

*bestows C A T F R I E N D medal*
    Mark Twain wrote:
    When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction.

This discussion has been closed.