As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Someone really needs to start a new thread

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Javen wrote: »
    Yeah but Tichondrius drops tier where Botanist doesn't, so it's worth doing for the extra power bump from getting people their 2 or 4 piece sets

It really isn't. It's not going to help to kill Botanist at all.

Botanist requires your group to maintain composure and handle all the different mechanics for essentially half the fight, because p3 starts at 50%.

Speeding that up a tiny fraction with one extra boss of gear is going to make fuckall difference to overall success. You'll gain far more from simply putting in face time on the boss.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »
    Yeah but Tichondrius drops tier where Botanist doesn't, so it's worth doing for the extra power bump from getting people their 2 or 4 piece sets

It really isn't. It's not going to help to kill Botanist at all.

Botanist requires your group to maintain composure and handle all the different mechanics for essentially half the fight, because p3 starts at 50%.

Speeding that up a tiny fraction with one extra boss of gear is going to make fuckall difference to overall success. You'll gain far more from simply putting in face time on the boss.

The easiest way for the rails to come off on that fight is handling the adds and making sure they never reach their fixated target. More damage in particular is absolutely going to help with that.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    An extra couple of resets worth of gear might make a noticeable difference. One boss, and 1-2 more people with tier, will not.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    imo tichondrius is easier, especially on heroic where he's really vulnerable to brute forcing in a way botanist isn't.

Killing botanist adds isn't really about gear, it's about having the wherewithal to actually find and target them and people will always find ways to fuck that up

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Anyways. On other stuff, doing Pandaria TW grinding, since I found myself at 4k+ and thought "why not?".

The third boss of Shado-Pan Monastery still has an extra AP bauble that is rollable, for some reason. Besides that, Pandaria dungeons are fun, though the scenario-style enemy waves get kinda annoying (though that and the RP is no worse than, let's say, Halls of Valor) and the colors are either green or brown. Very interesting and whimsical, though Stormstout Brewery was designed while high.

• Options
    imo tichondrius is easier, especially on heroic where he's really vulnerable to brute forcing in a way botanist isn't.

Killing botanist adds isn't really about gear, it's about having the wherewithal to actually find and target them and people will always find ways to fuck that up

correct. Our best DPSer took one of his alts along to Heroic Botanist the other night in order to get the lockout so we could skip him next week. His main is a geared mage, his alt is a crappy geared shadowpriest, he still beat out some of our main shadowpriests on damage done to the lasher adds.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh hey, some leggo changes news:
    In an upcoming PTR patch, you will see adjustments to a number of legendary items. These changes can be categorized into:

Added throughput effects to legendaries with non-throughput bonuses, or only occasional throughput benefits.

Example: Promise of Elune, the Moon Goddess (Balance Druid boots that grant a utility healing effect via casting Lunar Strike/Solar Wrath), will now also increase the damage of Lunar Strike and Solar Wrath by 8%.

Added extra secondary stats to non-throughput legendaries where that makes more sense than to add throughput to the legendary effect itself.

Example: Belo'vir's Final Stand (Mage chest that causes Blink to grant an absorb shield) now have an extra 3rd secondary stat. We don’t want to turn Blink into a rotational DPS button, so instead of adding an effect like “Blink also increases your damage dealt by X% for Y sec”, we’re adding an extra ~650 secondary stats to the item.

Improvements to legendaries whose design isn’t working well in gameplay.

This has been and will continue to be an ongoing effort, and we’ll be making such changes as time goes on, including after Patch 7.2.

Numbers tuning to bring the throughput benefits of other legendaries more in line with each other.

This has been and will also continue to be an ongoing effort.

Legendaries have different use cases and we want their power level to be tuned with that in mind. Universal throughput legendaries - legendaries that increase output in most situations - should be good but not always the best in every situation. Situational throughput legendaries – legendaries that perform very well in the right situation - should be better than universal throughput legendaries in those situations, but then aren’t ideal in other situations. Non-throughput legendaries will soon include a small amount of consistent output through either an adjustment to their legendary effect or an extra 3rd secondary stat, and continue to provide their utility benefits.

By narrowing the power gap between throughput legendaries and non-throughput legendaries, we’re hopeful that 1) the first two legendaries a character acquires will have some reliable throughput increase and 2) once you acquire more of them, you’ll feel more freedom to swap them around based on the situation.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    Anyways. On other stuff, doing Pandaria TW grinding, since I found myself at 4k+ and thought "why not?".

The third boss of Shado-Pan Monastery still has an extra AP bauble that is rollable, for some reason. Besides that, Pandaria dungeons are fun, though the scenario-style enemy waves get kinda annoying (though that and the RP is no worse than, let's say, Halls of Valor) and the colors are either green or brown. Very interesting and whimsical, though Stormstout Brewery was designed while high.

For some reason I cant stand the Pandaria dungeons. I wasnt even playing WoW when Pandaria came out (stopped at the end of Burning Crusade, came back just before Legion launched) and I've burnt out on them. I don't know how people played through that expansion.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    emp123 wrote: »

For some reason I cant stand the Pandaria dungeons. I wasnt even playing WoW when Pandaria came out (stopped at the end of Burning Crusade, came back just before Legion launched) and I've burnt out on them. I don't know how people played through that expansion.

They certainly tend to have more RPing NPCs that slow things down than other dungeons.

• Options
    reVerse wrote: »
    emp123 wrote: »

They certainly tend to have more RPing NPCs that slow things down than other dungeons.

That could be it, all I know is the first instance fills me with dread every time I run it (the one where you fight the water spawning guy, some possessed dude, a dragon lady, and then a giant smoke ghost). I don't really like the second one either (where you kill a bunch of monkeys) and that's almost certainly because of all the NPC stuff.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Jade Temple's first two bosses (water guy and library) have a bit too much RP built in. Last boss in Brewery has the same problem.

I haven't had a chance to do the MOP timewalking yet, hoping I can get away with pulling like it's Mythic.

• Options
    As I said, the RP is distribuited evenly, and Brewery moves fast, compared to wait near a minute for Skovald + Odyn.

Is relative IMO.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Well, that was kinda annoying, but did it:
    PG2EkEg.jpg?1
    Couple of things, met a monk that farmed from 500 all the way to 4100+ badges just for the mount. So, pretty much where I started, and I did about 24 TW runs. This is nuts.

Also, saw more monks doing this than in the entire Legion expansion so far. Lol.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    Yeah managed to get mine too.

Then I realized there are two pets on the vendor too, and I'm unlikely to get them before the event ends :\

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I'd try to get it eventually.

But I'm also the lucky guy that got the black dragon the first time he killed the rare on Timeless Isle sooo...

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    In other news, got Liadrins ring on my Pally.

It looks like the Draenor legendary rings had their activate ability set to 0, even in timewalking?

• Options
    Figured I'd try to get me a new mount so I'm farming Stonecore for the Vitreous Stone Drake and I'm at 130+ kills with no mount...figured I'd start with something easy before moving on to raid farming for stuff, but if this is the number of kills its going to take me to get a fairly common mount I dont know if I have it in me.

• Options
    Nobody wrote: »

It looks like the Draenor legendary rings had their activate ability set to 0, even in timewalking?

No, they just scale with item level, which means like similar items they scale down as well as up.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    The proc rates and other "special" affixes scale based on ilvl, though this usually isn't documented on the items themselves. This means lots of them become useless in timewalking, because the scaling is usually really punitive

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    The proc rates and other "special" affixes scale based on ilvl, though this usually isn't documented on the items themselves. This means lots of them become useless in timewalking, because the scaling is usually really punitive

Sometimes it's the other way around, like that one HFC trinket that makes ghost orcs appear and spin around doing damage, that barely scaled down at all and one shot TW trash.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Nobody wrote: »

No, they just scale with item level, which means like similar items they scale down as well as up.

Odd, the tooltip in TBC TW dungeons had it at 1%, but it was 0% in MoP, I figured the MoP one would be closer given it's not as much of a drop in ilvl.

At any rate, digging around on it indicates that the TBC tooltip is actually too high.

Nobody on
  • Options
    did a funsies Emerald Nightmare Mythic run after raid tonight, managed to coin an 880 Bloodthirsty Instinct on my Vengeance DH. Wew.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    A lot of people doing this harpoon WQ today don't seem to know this trick so I'll tell you guys now since I imagine it'll help some of you.

After you fire the harpoon in Stormheim, hit Esc and you'll go flying through the air. There is no need to wait for the hook to land on its target. It looks dumb but works fine.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    got legs off guldan and a relic; 9 ilvl upgrade on the weapon, 4 piece, and I swapped the "afk" regen legs for the 30 sec shield neck.

899 ilvl now woooo

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Dear Blizzard,

Where did you get the idea to hide the Blood DK hidden artifact skin in the Withered Army Training box, with RNGsus as its guardian? Did you consult Satan himself, and if so, why does Satan hate Blood DK so much? I can't help but notice that my MM hunter was able to just walk to a conveniently located vendor and BUY her artifact skin.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    The Prot Paladin artifact skin is also hidden there, and yeah, fuck that noise.

Did Mythic Cen + Xavius yesterday, got the title. Nice.

Equipment is ephemeral, mounts, mogs and titles stay.

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    antherem wrote: »
    So, we tried Botanist before Tich, for some reason.

Man, Botanist is like, have it sort of in control then in p3 it goes FUBAR. Gonna see if I and others talk to try Tich first.

We've wiped more times on the trash pull as you enter Tich's room than we have on Tich.

Pretty sure it's the same across the board on all difficulties...

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular

Tbh, prot Paladins make the withered training really, really easy.

• Options

Tbh, prot Paladins make the withered training really, really easy.

But is boooring. I kinda unlocked Arcway/Court a little bit late since I procrastinated into not doing it much and decided to just let the emmisary do the job for me.

• Options
    I got my hidden Prot skin from the withered training, it's not bad, but I'd rather have the fox mount.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I did withered training twice as a prot paladin.

I got the fox the week I hit 110 from a cache, and I got the prot skin the second withered I did.

I NEVER did it again though my nightfallen rep suffered for it.

Those things are doing so much for me now not currently playing :(

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I feel the hidden skins are silly because they are either RNG based or skill based{the arms warrior one}

Still I feel if they threw up the titles they took away from us in the BMAH would be nice

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    People complaining about needing to go into withered training is cute. Try playing a Ret Pally :P

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    The hidden skins bug me for a different reason. I unlock one, then to get the rest, I have to be in a hidden skin while doing 100s of other things. Effectively locking me out of all my other skin variants until I've unlocked them all.

I feel like I'm being blackmailed into only ever using that skin. Which... why even have the others at that point.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    The hidden skins bug me for a different reason. I unlock one, then to get the rest, I have to be in a hidden skin while doing 100s of other things. Effectively locking me out of all my other skin variants until I've unlocked them all.

I feel like I'm being blackmailed into only ever using that skin. Which... why even have the others at that point.

That said, you can transmog them and they still count as being used.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular

That is less useful as a druid. But good to know.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular

I haven't been playing, so this may be dead wrong, but I thought I read that if a druid transmogs their artifact, it doesn't alter their forms?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

I haven't been playing, so this may be dead wrong, but I thought I read that if a druid transmogs their artifact, it doesn't alter their forms?

Yeah, that's what he means, so he's stuck using the hidden form to unlock the alternate ones

• Options
    if you don't like the appearance there's no need to do it; it's not as though there's any more reward than more of that appearance

worth mentioning that the hidden appearances unlock for all specs when you meet the criteria, so if you do WQs in a DPS spec or whatever you can do them that way

NREqxl5.jpg
This discussion has been closed.