As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Conan Exiles: Penny Arcade Server Now Online

1434445464749»

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    The magic is really good when you get a handle on it though it is more helpful utility or corrupting perks compared to outright combat magic.

Just starting and getting ice bridge is a wonderful addition for anyone who explores and can't cross a sudden chasm.

• Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    What are the standout bits of magic? I unlocked everything but only the corpse summon made me think it was worth farming components.

• Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    edited September 2022
    Ice Bridge is very situationally useful, being able to build teleporters is incredibly useful. Sadly the offensive spells are all both too slow to cast and are not effective enough in PvE to be worth using outside of wanting to cast a big pretty spell. Slow Fall can be useful in vaults and dungeons that you can't use the climbing to break your fall. Mass Harvest is fairly useful to collect star metal if you don't have explosives on you to break the shell. Call of Nergal is probably the one I get the most use out of in cases I want to get to someplace high up without spending 5 minutes climbing.

Malakaius on
    PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    I'm somewhat disappointed with sorcery.
    It's not terrible, but the process of getting spells is kinda meh, and having to carry components for spells when my inventory is already stretched out is boring.
    Might get more interesting further along (teleporters definitely sound fun), would definitely be better as a group activity (playing solo), but that's true of most of the game.

No idea how corrupting perks works yet, the game is not very good at sign posting things lot of the time.

• Options
    Nyysjan wrote: »
    I'm somewhat disappointed with sorcery.
    It's not terrible, but the process of getting spells is kinda meh, and having to carry components for spells when my inventory is already stretched out is boring.
    Might get more interesting further along (teleporters definitely sound fun), would definitely be better as a group activity (playing solo), but that's true of most of the game.

No idea how corrupting perks works yet, the game is not very good at sign posting things lot of the time.

Need three things:
    1) levels in strength, authority, vitality or....I'm drawing a blank but the other ones can't be corrupted yet
    2) soul essence from draining victims on the sacrificial altar
    3) adequate corruption to corrupt your perks, which isn't a problem if you do right after draining soul essence as you instantly gain 50% corruption but if you get it cured by a dancer you'll need to corrupt yourself again

Go to the attributes screen and you'll see a + sign on those stats you've leveled, 1 soul essence allows you to corrupt a perk by 1 till you hit a perk slot and then it'll corrupt that perk, removing the old effect and giving you a new one.

If you're looking for a server, mine is still up, probably will be for the next month though we are getting towards the end in overall story aspects.

• Options
    Going to have my server for the rest of the month then shelve it. May do an Exile Lands server in the future.

• Options
    Started up an Exile lands server

The Mothlands

password is the usual

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Wow, this thread has been dormant since January.

A few random thoughts and questions...
    • Their season for "Age of Sorcery" is over and they have moved on to a new season "Age of War." Gotta say, for this type of game specifically, I am definitely not okay with the seasonal model of content unlocks. Having access to new building tilesets, decorations, dodads, and armor/weapon recipes need to be available all the time as far as I'm concerned. This whole FOMO battlepass system doesn't work when permanent recipes and unlocks are involved. Especially when there doesn't appear to be a way to pick them up later. I know that they have a "Bazaar" where you can buy a few items piecemeal, but it's a rotating stock and it's not possible to just buy the stuff you're missing all at once. And they're insane if they expect people to continually play this game all the time for every season. This is totally a play-for-a-bit and then set it down kind of game. I miss the days of just buying a pack for $10 and getting a bunch of goodies. Having to commit to 100 hours of grinding to complete a battlepass is not a good tradeoff for the "get what you pay for" model.
    • I have not tried any of the sorcery stuff since they put it into the game. Anyone know of a good guide to get up to speed on how it all works and how to acquire the spells? I saw there's a new tab on my character page for sorcery, but it tells me I don't have it unlocked yet. This is definitely a priority for me since I haven't touched it yet.
    • How is the Isle of Siptah these days? I bought the addon pack back when it very first launched, and it wasn't great. There were no NPCs at that time and the island just felt dead. It was a very poor first showing. I know they have patched it a few times and I'm pretty sure I saw that they added NPC camps and made it a much more "traditional" map after the negative feedback. Is it worth making a character and trying it out? What about that big storm thing in the center of the map? I know they were trying to make that some sort of end-game gameplay mechanic but I never got that far on 1.0 to see if it worked, and at this point it's likely they have changed it.
    • Does Siptah have the invasions like the base map has? What about dungeons? Are there new bosses and dungeons to explore on Siptah?
    • Is it possible to move a toon back and forth between Siptah and the Exiled Lands, or are toons still map-locked? I think they said they were looking into allowing map transfers but I did not see if they ever got that working.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Don't have any good answers for you on Siptah, haven't touched it myself, but for Sorcery, there's sorcerers in various NPC camps now, one of their possible drops is a map that'll point you to where to go to get started on sorcery. Past the starting point, getting new goodies involves stuffing spell pages into your book o magic. Golems are afaik on an entirely separate track from sorcery, those you just have to go to a specific camp and talk to a guy to pick up.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Siptah is pretty awesome and nice change of pace from exile lands. Dunno if they revamped the exile lands story as much but siptah feels more coherent.

There are invasions unless you turn them off which I highly recommend.

Porting between the two should be doable if like server allowed but dunno how to do it singleplayer. Note that IIRC some recipes and materials are only on one or the other map so that can cause a little problems.

sorcery guide

Basically skip to the cave to fast track sorcery and start grinding mats to unlock more spells. They might have updated stuff that @Malakaius would know about since I did not really play in January due to the depressions.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    At work so I can't double check the exact date, it looks like we have a date for when the next chapter of age of war starts, stack of additional free content, it sounds like they're overhauling purges to attempt to steal the loot from the looting mechanics they added in chapter 1 of age of war, and then also a new battle pass for all your fomo chasing desires. Think it said September 11th? Like I said at work so don't have an easy way to check

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt