Options

[Horizon Zero Dawn] Out now on PC and PS4!

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    JaredK91 wrote: »
    Zunde wrote: »
    Just starting to scratch the story surface now that i have collected almost every random collectible.
    Holy hell Ted Faro is stupid. Like really stupid

Oh my god fuck that guy

end story spoilers
    I kept actually hoping along the way we'd figure out why Apollo wasn't working and find a solution, I watched/read all the logs of the woman and her team putting together this living memorial to mankind's knowledge and this fuck just deleted all of it

not enough he wiped out all life but he had to do this shit too?

I love the one guy's response "Innocent my ass, he never saw people executed in the sun ring"

He's probably the guy who insisted Gaia have all the high level directives preventing her from talking to the humans or even opening a door to unauthorized people too. Farro is without a doubt the worst decision maker in the history of intelligent life in this game's world

End Game dickhead spoilery thoughts
    So I don't remember if it was explicitly stated but from my guess how he wanted to try to fix and cover up his mistake before it got out, it seemed to me that his reason for destroying Apollo wasn't cause he didn't want humanity to make his mistake again, it was so they wouldn't learn of HIS mistake. He wanted his name left out of ending the world.
    I honestly don't think it was something that devious. I think witnessing the end of the world breaks some people, and Ted managed to go completely coo-coo nutbar due to survivors guilt, considering it was one of the most deserving to die, due to primarily being responsible.

Javen on
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Just starting to scratch the story surface now that i have collected almost every random collectible.

Oh my god fuck that guy

end story spoilers
    I kept actually hoping along the way we'd figure out why Apollo wasn't working and find a solution, I watched/read all the logs of the woman and her team putting together this living memorial to mankind's knowledge and this fuck just deleted all of it

I love the one guy's response "Innocent my ass, he never saw people executed in the sun ring"

He's probably the guy who insisted Gaia have all the high level directives preventing her from talking to the humans or even opening a door to unauthorized people too. Farro is without a doubt the worst decision maker in the history of intelligent life in this game's world

So I don't remember if it was explicitly stated but from my guess how he wanted to try to fix and cover up his mistake before it got out, it seemed to me that his reason for destroying Apollo wasn't cause he didn't want humanity to make his mistake again, it was so they wouldn't learn of HIS mistake. He wanted his name left out of ending the world.
    I honestly don't think it was something that devious. I think witnessing the end of the world breaks some people, and Ted managed to go completely coo-coo nutbar due to survivors guilt, considering it was one of the most deserving to die, due to primarily being responsible.
    I thought he didn't want people to ever get the technology that created the AIs in the first place. He wiped out all known knowledge, plunged the world back into the stone age when the first humans took the earth again, and hoped that people wouldn't be able to follow that path again. And.. he's kinda right for it. Look at Slyeens, seeing that Hades nearly wiped out the world, fight against him, and then he trapped him at the end so he could learn from him, maybe plug him into that giant octopus machine. To Farro, it doesn't matter if billions of people use that technology right, it takes one mistake to turn it all against humanity and it wasn't worth the risk, wasn't worth giving that kind of power to people again. The virus wasn't something he made on purpose, it was a mistake that grew out of his control, he tried to contain it but by the time he grabs Elizabeth in, it's already too late. Hades basically does the same thing as his virus did, and that was without his input. Farro might have done something terrible and nearly doomed humanity, but he wasn't wrong at the end.

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular

Oh my god fuck that guy

end story spoilers

I thought he didn't want people to ever get the technology that created the AIs in the first place. He wiped out all known knowledge, plunged the world back into the stone age when the first humans took the earth again, and hoped that people wouldn't be able to follow that path again. And.. he's kinda right for it. Look at Slyeens, seeing that Hades nearly wiped out the world, fight against him, and then he trapped him at the end so he could learn from him, maybe plug him into that giant octopus machine. To Farro, it doesn't matter if billions of people use that technology right, it takes one mistake to turn it all against humanity and it wasn't worth the risk, wasn't worth giving that kind of power to people again. The virus wasn't something he made on purpose, it was a mistake that grew out of his control, he tried to contain it but by the time he grabs Elizabeth in, it's already too late. Hades basically does the same thing as his virus did, and that was without his input. Farro might have done something terrible and nearly doomed humanity, but he wasn't wrong at the end.
    That's the reason he gives, but it's a rationalization. He's ashamed of his own behavior, and the fact that he killed literally everyone alive, so he decides that it was a product of the technology's existence and not his own moral and intellectual failings. Then, he steps right across the moral event horizon by denying all future generations of humans the knowledge to protect themselves from the ongoing apocalypse of his creation in order to prevent himself from becoming a global villain figure to the civilization that would arise from Zero Dawn. To keep his name out of the holy books as their equivalent of Satan, he reverts them all to the stone age with the incredibly weak justification that nobody could have prevented this thing that he totally could have prevented.

Ted Faro is a weak, self-centered person with no sense of shared destiny with the rest of the human race, current or future.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    After exploring and doing side quests I stumbled over for 15 hours I've resumed the main story. It's so good.

I was gonna stop after M.E. today but I needed some more answers and did the one after that as well.

Question about ancient armory:
    I only need one more core, do they keep giving you one per main quest?I got one in makers end and one more right after that in grave hoard.

Kind of want to get the armor before doing more side stuff, so that I get some time to use it.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    I had to save the game at the very start of the last mission and be a god damned adult and go in to work today and you all are tempting me with those spoiler tags.

I am at 49 hours in, and with the notable exception of two of the vantages and one of the grazer dummies I have never enjoyed playing "Map Icons: The Game" more. I spent more time with Skyrim, to be sure, but that game was on an entirely different scale and from a company that pretty much just does huge open world games. I am bewildered that this came out of a studio widely known for short, linear manshooting games and not much else.

• Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Honk wrote: »
    After exploring and doing side quests I stumbled over for 15 hours I've resumed the main story. It's so good.

I was gonna stop after M.E. today but I needed some more answers and did the one after that as well.

Question about ancient armory:
    I only need one more core, do they keep giving you one per main quest?I got one in makers end and one more right after that in grave hoard.

Kind of want to get the armor before doing more side stuff, so that I get some time to use it.

all the power cell locations (they're pretty much all story missions/locations)
    ruins from the beginning of the game, cave where you wake up after the proving, maker's end, grave hoard, gaia prime. Gaia prime is kinda the penultimate story mission in the game IIRC

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    Oh, while I wait for my shift to end so I can finish this game, I wanted to share an absolutely beautiful moment from it. Also a bad joke which I will spoiler so people who don't like bad puns aren't subjected.

So, I'm riding through the desert on a broadhead, which are my absolute favorite mounts.
    They're easy to steer.

And a dude comes running up screaming "help, can anyone hear me?" and he's being chased by a Scrapper. So I jump off robo-bull, introduce the Scrapper to Mr. Pointy, and turn around to find the running guy, expecting to talk to him and get a reward box.

And instead I get to watch my mount kick him to death.

I felt really bad about the whole thing. No so bad that I wasn't giggling like a madman for a while, mind you.

• Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    yeah I've run into random npcs on the road crying for help from machines, but they were hostile themselves because they were bandits or shadow carja or whatever

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Today had two entertaining NPC/Machine interactions that I had absolutely nothing to do with. 1) I was sneaking past a herd of Grazers with some Watchers and this group of bandits just is walking down the road straight into all of the crazy. So I'm just sitting there watching all of the hilarity when one of the machines gets too close to my hiding spot and had to get put down. luckily all the bandits were already dead, so I only had to kill a couple things, but just watching the world live was fun. 2) On my way to Meridian saw my first Thunderjaw, and was like wow, robo T-Rex. And then I noticed it was kicking the living shit out of a group of another set of bandits. One guy got launched so high and far, I was amazed there was anything left to search, lol. Super impressed.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    yeah I've run into random npcs on the road crying for help from machines, but they were hostile themselves because they were bandits or shadow carja or whatever

Don't know if it was a bug, but I saved a Shadow Carja, and he thanked me without going aggro.

• Options
    JaredK91JaredK91 Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »

Oh my god fuck that guy

end story spoilers

That's the reason he gives, but it's a rationalization. He's ashamed of his own behavior, and the fact that he killed literally everyone alive, so he decides that it was a product of the technology's existence and not his own moral and intellectual failings. Then, he steps right across the moral event horizon by denying all future generations of humans the knowledge to protect themselves from the ongoing apocalypse of his creation in order to prevent himself from becoming a global villain figure to the civilization that would arise from Zero Dawn. To keep his name out of the holy books as their equivalent of Satan, he reverts them all to the stone age with the incredibly weak justification that nobody could have prevented this thing that he totally could have prevented.

Ted Faro is a weak, self-centered person with no sense of shared destiny with the rest of the human race, current or future.

Pretty much exactly how I felt about it.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Oh my god fuck that guy

end story spoilers

I think that it says a lot that:
    The stick that Elisabet uses to threaten Ted is to reveal to the world exactly how responsible he is for the swarm. He can deal with the world ending. He can't deal with the idea that people blame him for it.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »

Oh my god fuck that guy

end story spoilers

The stick that Elisabet uses to threaten Ted is to reveal to the world exactly how responsible he is for the swarm. He can deal with the world ending. He can't deal with the idea that people blame him for it.
    I've thought about that scene a lot, and can't figure out if it was foreshadowing, or just referncing that there was no failsafe or backdoor specifically because Ted forbade it

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular

Oh my god fuck that guy

end story spoilers

[]I've thought about that scene a lot, and can't figure out if it was foreshadowing, or just referncing that there was no failsafe or backdoor specifically because Ted forbade it
    I think it is an open-ended mystery, and we will see Faro again in some fashion. My guess is that Thebes and Elysium are still out there.

• Options

Oh my god fuck that guy

end story spoilers

[]I've thought about that scene a lot, and can't figure out if it was foreshadowing, or just referncing that there was no failsafe or backdoor specifically because Ted forbade it
    I think it is an open-ended mystery, and we will see Faro again in some fashion. My guess is that Thebes and Elysium are still out there.
    I'm about 100% certain that DEMETER is responsible for the metal flowers.

Which have scraps of poetry in them - indicating that DEMETER has some of APOLLO's data.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Got the Plat tonight. Just enough side content to encourage you to see and explore the whole world without getting tedious. And if you get all collectibles and do all side content, you should be 49-50 by the end.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    Just finished it, such a fantastic game. Just need the 23 banuk things knocked over for plat. Beautiful with a nice story, good side quests, and awesome combat. Achievements are straightforward and generous. Really looking forward to Guerilla's next game, they put some great effort into their work.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    StasisStasis Registered User regular
    Just finished the story (missed the Nora targets trophy, so I'll probably go back for that to 100% it) and just... wow. I'm thoroughly impressed with this game. It's big and heavy and immersive and exploring the ruins of the old world is so overwhelmingly... bittersweet.

For those who had to buy resources, what difficulty did you play on? I played on normal and was bursting at the seams with resources, selling off stacks and stacks of Blaze, Sparkers, and Chillwater all game long just to keep room in my inventory, so I'm curious if I was just really conservative with my ammunition or if higher difficulties are a lot tougher on resources.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Still a ways off finishing it I'm pretty sure, but have all the purple weapons and armour.

Some more screenshots from today.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Just finished it today, and holy goddamn this game was amazing.

whole game spoilers:
    Picking through the ashes of the old world, reading and listening to the journals, and especially uncovering the disaster and response to it in bits and pieces was like a 60 hour-long version of The Survivalist storyline in Fallout: New Vegas. The main storyline characterization, acting, writing, and gestures are on point. The sidequests are much more hit and miss. But holy shit, those reveals followed by that epic fight.

What amazes me is that the best parts of exploration could as easily have been a walking game--and I would have been just as sucked in, if not more so. The areas where my ruminations upon the revelations just heard were interrupted by combat reminded me of a certain sequence near the end of Mass Effect 3, where if they had just a bit more confidence in their own storytelling...

Horizon: Zero Dawn endgame credits teaser and Dragon Age: Inquisition endgame credits teaser spoilers:
    So Silens is basically Solas. Wonderful. I knew Aloy should have killed him.

What strikes me as interesting is that I thought this was an open world RPG. No, actually, it's nothing of the sort. It's a walking game combined with Tomb Raider, with a dash of robot dinosaurs. And it amazes me how well it all works.

edit: To elaborate, there are no decisions, except what to fight. Aloy is who she is, and while you can change her about the edges, her fundamental character is already set. Similarly, you aren't changing the world with your decisions like you would in a Bioware, Obsidian, or even (barf) Bethesda game. You complete the quest, then Aloy makes a decision (or leaves the decision up to other actors). There are only a few places where that dynamic places a decision in your hands, and I didn't even notice until much farther along than I expected. Even building your character--a classic in RPGs--is irrelevant since by level 50 you can obtain all skills. So there is no real customization of the character's mechanics either. What customization there is occurs in the weapons loadout, and again, there the simplicity drives you towards global optima. So the only real customization is in how you approach any given encounter compared to how other people do so. So, an RPG in the sense that Battlefield 4 is an RPG. But Battlefield never looked so pretty, and it certainly has never had a story worth remembering. HZD on the other hand has dragged me through an emotional rollercoaster by dint of writing, acting, and directing. Well done, everybody involved in the game.

I might have to pick up the OST. Those chill tracks seem perfect for low-key coding.

Total completion: 90%. Not sure about how long I've spent, probably 60 hours. But I collected all collectables (which I usually don't bother to do). The VANTAGEs were surprisingly compelling once I realized the audio was paired with much longer, largely unrelated but infinitely more interesting text.

At the same time, like finishing ME3, I think I'll be setting this to the side for a bit. I'm emotionally drained after picking through the graveyard of our civilization for 60 hours.

more endgame credits teaser spoilers
    But when the time comes to put Silens down, I will be waiting with Aloy, spear in hand.

Orca on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    wejfLdI.jpg?1

• Options
    Finished (with Plat) at 52 hours. Ermagahd that was a fun ride.

I'm glad I ordered it before knowing how long of a game it was going to be. Normally I look at anything over about 20 hours as something I probably won't have the enthusiasm to see through to the end, but it turns out that hunting robot dinosaurs does NOT get old.

Thought (climactic boss battles)
    Kind of wish I hadn't gone and gotten the super awesome armor, or at least had been able to resist wearing it. The last fight against the corrupted deathbringer in particular was strafing back and forth firing freeze bombs into it and then explosives when it finally froze, and I only had to heal a couple of times. SERIOUS game breaker, on Normal at least.

Thoughts (Main game villain)
    I actually kind of hope that Faro snuck some sort of "clone me for the future" module into GAIA somewhere, because he needs to be alive in the flesh for the sequel so Aloy can punch him in the face. A lot. Also how good of a villain is it that he can be dead for a thousand years and still make you want to virtually punch him in his virtual face?

Best line (paraphrased, because I can't quote from memory)
    "Hello, Dr. Sobeck. You are three hundred and sixty-five thousand, four hundred and twenty-three days late for your meeting. Please proceed to the 35th floor."

Also Lance Reddick has the most amazing voice and should be in everything from now on. Seriously. I loved the fact that he pretty much got to play his character from Fringe.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    So, I ditched what feels like a nearly final main story quest the second I could get the Super Armor, then went back to the side quests I'd been neglecting.
    All this lore dump has been awesome (and I would happily watch a TV series of this BTW) but I want to fight some Thunderjaws by just standing there and letting them bounce off me.
    First quest I did was the one where this guy lures you into the 'perfect ambush' and demands your spear. Aloy was all 'Uh, dude? You've clearly heard of me and what I've done, how do you think this will end well for you?'
    I just melee'd them all without getting scratched. You want my spear? Fine, here's the pointy end.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    I also love the little touch of side quest dialogue incorporating your main story progress. I went back to clean up some Nora area sidequests late in the main story and people were commenting on things I'd recently done out in the world - I was wondering if they would only deliver dialogue reflecting early game stuff, but they usually have a few new lines.

• Options
    Late story question:
    Is there no way to really punish Resh for being such an incredible asshole? At least Fundamentalist Matriarch is just begging for mercy now, but this guy really needs something bad to happen to him.
    I want to challenge him to a duel. He can have a couple of Tramplers and Thunderjaws if he wants, I don't want this to be unfair.

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    If someone can tell me, but on the main story mission, I've just reached
    the mission after you destroy the Eclipse network, where you enter Sunwell and find the entrance to a secret facility just down the side of the palace. Sylens seems to strongly suggest that I need to get everything I want, as there is no turning back.

I'm guess this is the final stretch; am I right in saying I'll be able to come back and do all of the side quests once I finish what I think is the main storyline?

I thought I'd have gotten all of the powercells for the super armour before finishing the main storyline, but if this mission is the begining of the end, that's a slight shame.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    Best line (paraphrased, because I can't quote from memory)
    "Hello, Dr. Sobeck. You are three hundred and sixty-five thousand, four hundred and twenty-three days late for your meeting. Please proceed to the 35th floor."
    355510. I wrote that down last night, because I'm curious about some of the numbers in the game. As it turns out, that's the product of 974*365. Now, leap years should have affected that, so it's not exactly 974 years. But still, interesting.

• Options
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    the mission after you destroy the Eclipse network, where you enter Sunwell and find the entrance to a secret facility just down the side of the palace. Sylens seems to strongly suggest that I need to get everything I want, as there is no turning back.

I'm guess this is the final stretch; am I right in saying I'll be able to come back and do all of the side quests once I finish what I think is the main storyline?

I thought I'd have gotten all of the powercells for the super armour before finishing the main storyline, but if this mission is the begining of the end, that's a slight shame.

There's more after that mission. If you currently have four power cells, you're still on track to get them all.

• Options

It's not a point of no return full-game wise, but you won't be able to leave or fast-travel until you finish that quest. It won't be a big deal.

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    It's a shame that this game got a little overshadowed by the hoopla around Zelda, because having spent time with both, I think this is the better game. By quite a bit, actually.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

It's not a point of no return full-game wise, but you won't be able to leave or fast-travel until you finish that quest. It won't be a big deal.

There's more after that mission. If you currently have four power cells, you're still on track to get them all.

Thanks very much. I'd been holding off in buying armour, partly because I thought this quest would soon be finished, and partly because I'm not a tremendous fan of what a lot of the armour looks like.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    You can't get the Awesome Armor until very late in the main quest, so I'd suggest getting the purple armors anyway (if only because there's not much else to spend you money on once you've got the weapons sorted).
    I spent most of my time in the purple stealth armor (with two purple stealth mods, it's incredibly easy to sneak around), but the other ones are good for specific fights, just switch to whatever's hitting you most (frost for Chillbirds, shock for Stormbirds, Melee for Tramplers, etc). Maxed out, the damage reduction makes a serious difference.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    I burned my whole Sunday pretty much to grind through to the end of the game. Great ending.
    Is there any more information about the colony ship that explodes on the edge of the solar system? I find it odd that the only mention of its destruction is one letter from Elisabet. I am wondering if the mysterious origin of the signal could have been that.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    I fully endorse getting the power armor as soon as you can - and waiting to tackle some later side quests and collectibles and stuff until you have it. It's true that it's a little bit game-breaking, but... it's also wonderful.

• Options
    I initially thought the Shield Armor was just one-hit then recharge. It was a pleasant surprise to see that it can actually take quite a few hits before going red.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    I burned my whole Sunday pretty much to grind through to the end of the game. Great ending.
    Is there any more information about the colony ship that explodes on the edge of the solar system? I find it odd that the only mention of its destruction is one letter from Elisabet. I am wondering if the mysterious origin of the signal could have been that.
    I think that was an old project that was abandoned before the Faro Plague happened, then quickly re-activated when they suddenly had a reason to try it (Vantage point guy mentions it at some point).
    But the letter from Elizabet says it failed as it tried to leave, and that was while they were still working on Zero Dawn. Whereas the mystery signal only came 19-odd years before the present, as it's what prompted GAIA to blow herself up and make Aloy, so I don't think they're connected. It's just a nice bit of world-building, and a nod to one of the ways humanity might have tried (and failed) to survive.

klemming on
  • Options
    I will also say that Aloy has joined the ranks of Raziel, Nathan and Elena, and Leon Kennedy as my favorite game protagonists.

Also:
    I am silently hoping that Horizion II will be a Soul Reaver-esque romp across a new openworld to confront/gather the other AI's.

• Options
    I will also say that Aloy has joined the ranks of Raziel, Nathan and Elena, and Leon Kennedy as my favorite game protagonists.

Also:
    I am silently hoping that Horizion II will be a Soul Reaver-esque romp across a new openworld to confront/gather the other AI's.

What I want from Horizon II:
    A) A ton more logs (audio, text and hologram) of people from the past, confronting the end of the world.
    B) Cascadia! Ideally, Aloy keeps travelling west with every game. Between II and III, Aloy would go up around the Bering Straight to make it to China and/or Japan. And then on from there.
    C) The other functions playing major roles. I want to see DEMETER and HEPHAESTUS up and active in the world.
    D) The opportunity to shoot a Ted Faro in the face.

• Options
    edited March 2017

Also:

A) A ton more logs (audio, text and hologram) of people from the past, confronting the end of the world.
    B) Cascadia! Ideally, Aloy keeps travelling west with every game. Between II and III, Aloy would go up around the Bering Straight to make it to China and/or Japan. And then on from there.
    C) The other functions playing major roles. I want to see DEMETER and HEPHAESTUS up and active in the world.

This gets me so excited. There's so much potential in the Horizon universe. And actually, I could see this direction (POST-CREDITS SPOILER):
    We see Sylens taking lamp-Hades to that mega-mech thing, but we don't know where that is, do we? Looks like the villagers who stumble upon the Hades ball are doing so a couple of days later (they aren't armor-wearing soldiers doing so right after the final battle). So Sylens could be outside of the HZD map at that point, and that gives Aloy an excuse to venture into an entirely new land, right? (I may be wrong, given that those giant metal tentacles appear frequently in our map, and the part where Aloy rides down the ziplines along them might mean that THAT is where Sylens ends up - someone correct me if so.) I loved the lore and the setting of HZD, I loved Meridian and Sunfall and the surrounding villages and stuff, but I also imagine that the sequel will have several Meridian-style cities. God, it could be so great. I worry that they might even be too ambitious with it, but given how much they nailed HZD, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Edit: Well, except that our map is ground zero for the repopulation that occurred, so... maybe this is all there is? But that can't be.

GMaster7 on
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    GMaster7 wrote: »

Also:

This gets me so excited. There's so much potential in the Horizon universe. And actually, I could see this direction (POST-CREDITS SPOILER):
    We see Sylens taking lamp-Hades to that mega-mech thing, but we don't know where that is, do we? Looks like the villagers who stumble upon the Hades ball are doing so a couple of days later (they aren't armor-wearing soldiers doing so right after the final battle). So Sylens could be outside of the HZD map at that point, and that gives Aloy an excuse to venture into an entirely new land, right? (I may be wrong, given that those giant metal tentacles appear frequently in our map, and the part where Aloy rides down the ziplines along them might mean that THAT is where Sylens ends up - someone correct me if so.) I loved the lore and the setting of HZD, I loved Meridian and Sunfall and the surrounding villages and stuff, but I also imagine that the sequel will have several Meridian-style cities. God, it could be so great. I worry that they might even be too ambitious with it, but given how much they nailed HZD, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Edit: Well, except that our map is ground zero for the repopulation that occurred, so... maybe this is all there is? But that can't be.
    Pretty sure they were talking about cauldrons and repopulation devices all over the world, not just in one spot.
    As for sequels, they keep talking about the Forbidden West. That sounds inviting.

edit from 2020: CALLED IT

klemming on
This discussion has been closed.