As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Inbred [chat]s.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    So who's hyped for the total solar eclipse in August?

I was real excite when I was living in OR but now idk how far feom the path I am : (

http://www.eclipse2017.org/2017/maps/whole-us.jpg

I think Querry's family and I are going to go see this, but I am trying to figure out regions where we won't get stabbed on account of the lesbians.

Nashville, Charlotte, Kansas City should be reasonably safe!

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    tyrannus wrote: »
    no fuck that pay off your god damn debt

But how far do I take this?

Do I never eat out?
    Do I never buy games?
    What's the point of even getting out of bed?

override367 on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Haha that's amazing skippy you are the sun god

the sun is tsundere for me

(I dont know if thats the right one where the sun loves me and I hate it, but it's pronounced like sun so thats what im going with)

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Something few people are talking about with regards to the Nintendo Switch is something that actually might be most significant in the long term across all of our electronics: the USB type-C power supply supporting USB Power Delivery 2.0.

People have been testing the Switch with various USB-C power adapters and it seems to properly implement PD 2.0. The adapter that comes with the Switch can deliver power in two flavors: 5V==1.5A (7.5 watts) or 15V==2.6A (39 watts). The 7.5W mode is enough the charge the battery while it's sleeping, or greatly extend its runtime without charging while in use. The 39W mode can run the console docked and charge the battery at full rate.

Another company recently committed to USB-C and USB PD also: Apple. They've shipped a couple laptops that charge exclusively over USB-C and shipped a few USB chargers. Apple's adapter can supply 20.2V==4.3A (86 watts), 9V==3A (27 watts), or 5.2V==2.4A (12 watts).

If you connect Apple's laptop power adapters to the Nintendo Switch, the Switch queries the power supply, picks the 9 volt mode, and draws 9.6 watts. That's enough to run the system and charge slowly. Not totally ideal, but the Switch is talking to the Apple hardware, negotiating the best power plan both devices support, and, most importantly, it works. The Switch isn't even using a mode that Nintendo officially uses anywhere else.

I know it's funny that I am excited about this but Nintendo and Apple have both taken a common standard and implemented it and their products are interoperating correctly! These are two historically notoriously proprietary companies, embracing a consumer-friendly standard with little fanfare, and a couple of their released products are interoperable. This is huge.

We might really finally get a universal DC power supply specification that works across devices and isn't a bunch of undefined borderline dangerous crap with only bad connector options like USB type A's 100mA / 500mA / 1A / 2A nonsense. It's happening guys.

But what does it all mean

You can power a Switch with a Macbook power adapter and vice versa. This is a sign of things to come, where basically all consumer electronics start using interoperable power supplies. Like USB kind of is today, but for real and including high draw items like laptops, tablets, and game consoles.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Debt is horrible

Why are all the worst dragons in our lives just phantasms immune to the lance

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I was real excite when I was living in OR but now idk how far feom the path I am : (

whole-us.jpg

I think Querry's family and I are going to go see this, but I am trying to figure out regions where we won't get stabbed on account of the lesbians.

Oregon?

Probably Nashville itself.

I mean, ideally you go out into the wilderness in some deserty part of a state anyway. Who's gonna be there to get mad at you?

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    a
    Like it sounds like a game I would very much enjoy but I am unwilling to drop four hundo for one game and then kaput

drop considerably less to get a wii u and get it on that along with bayonetta and hyrule warriors

is it considerably less though? $100?

idk I paid $175 for a wii u like 2 years ago

switch is $300 right?

i thought you were a finance predator thats over a 30% decrease in price

that's tyrannus not me

All you sharks look the same to me

I can't believe I'm reading this in 2017

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Mazzyx wrote: »

whole-us.jpg

Oregon?

Probably Nashville itself.

I think they're thinking of driving somewhere. Oregon'd be boss.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Stealing this from the Switch thread, bolded game titles are ones that look good to me in my opinion.
    Launch Titles
    1-2-Switch (Nintendo)
    Super Bomberman R (Konami)
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo)
    I am Setsuna (Square Enix)
    Just Dance 2017 (Ubisoft)
    Little Inferno (Tomorrow Corporation)
    World of Goo (Tomorrow Corporation)
    Skylanders: Imaginators (Activision)
    Snipperclips (Nintendo)
    Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (Yacht Club Games)
    Fast RMX (Shin'en)

Launch Window
    Blaster Master Zero (Inti Creates) - March 9th
    Flipping Death (Zoink) - March 9th
    Voez* - March 9th
    The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ (Nicalis) - March 17th
    Snake Pass (Sum Digital) - March 28th
    Tumbleseed (aeiowu ) - March
    Pocket Rumble (Chucklefish) - March
    Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo) - April 28th
    Puyo Puyo Tetris (SEGA) - April 25th
    Dragon Quest Heroes 1 & 2 (Square Enix) - April
    Graceful Explosion Machine (Vertex Pop) - April
    Mr. Shifty (Tiny Build) - April
    ARMS (Nintendo) - Spring 2017

Late Spring or Summer
    Sonic Mania (SEGA) - Spring 2017
    Disgaea 5 (NIS America) - Spring 2017
    Ultra Street Fighter II (Capcom) - Summer 2017
    Steamworld Dig 2 - Summer 2017
    Dandara - Summer 2017
    Dragon Quest X (Square Enix) - Summer 2017
    Stardew Valley (Chucklefish) - Summer 2017
    Splatoon 2 (Nintendo) - July 2017

Fall and Holiday
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition (Bethesda) - Fall 2017
    Fire Emblem Warriors (Nintendo) - Holiday 2017
    Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo) - Holiday 2017
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Nintendo) - TBA 2017
    Runner 3 - TBA 2017
    Kingdom: Two Crowns - TBA 2017
    Gonner - TBA 2017
    Celester - TBA 2017
    Shakedown Hawaii - TBA 2017
    WarGroove (Chucklefish) - TBA 2017

TBA or 2018
    Dragon Quest XI (Square Enix) - TBA
    Untitled Fire Emblem Game (Nintendo) - 2018
    Project: Octopath Traveler (Square Enix) - TBA
    Rayman Legends Definitive Edition (Ubisoft) - TBA
    Shin Megami Tensei (Atlus) - TBA
    Steep (Ubisoft) - TBA
    Untitled Suda51 Game - TBA

And then there's this but I think there's a version with more stuff on it now?
    SWITCH_IndieGraphic.jpg

"Evil Multifarious"

Not bolding Fire Emblem or Xenoblade? Whaaaaaa
    Animes? In my videogames?

Also EM the new Zelda is legit hard at times depending on how you go about it, I think. I've had a number of encounters where I've felt clever for solving them in slightly less orthodox ways.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Something few people are talking about with regards to the Nintendo Switch is something that actually might be most significant in the long term across all of our electronics: the USB type-C power supply supporting USB Power Delivery 2.0.

People have been testing the Switch with various USB-C power adapters and it seems to properly implement PD 2.0. The adapter that comes with the Switch can deliver power in two flavors: 5V==1.5A (7.5 watts) or 15V==2.6A (39 watts). The 7.5W mode is enough the charge the battery while it's sleeping, or greatly extend its runtime without charging while in use. The 39W mode can run the console docked and charge the battery at full rate.

Another company recently committed to USB-C and USB PD also: Apple. They've shipped a couple laptops that charge exclusively over USB-C and shipped a few USB chargers. Apple's adapter can supply 20.2V==4.3A (86 watts), 9V==3A (27 watts), or 5.2V==2.4A (12 watts).

If you connect Apple's laptop power adapters to the Nintendo Switch, the Switch queries the power supply, picks the 9 volt mode, and draws 9.6 watts. That's enough to run the system and charge slowly. Not totally ideal, but the Switch is talking to the Apple hardware, negotiating the best power plan both devices support, and, most importantly, it works. The Switch isn't even using a mode that Nintendo officially uses anywhere else.

I know it's funny that I am excited about this but Nintendo and Apple have both taken a common standard and implemented it and their products are interoperating correctly! These are two historically notoriously proprietary companies, embracing a consumer-friendly standard with little fanfare, and a couple of their released products are interoperable. This is huge.

We might really finally get a universal DC power supply specification that works across devices and isn't a bunch of undefined borderline dangerous crap with only bad connector options like USB type A's 100mA / 500mA / 1A / 2A nonsense. It's happening guys.

You can power a Switch with a Macbook power adapter and vice versa. This is a sign of things to come, where basically all consumer electronics start using interoperable power supplies. Like USB kind of is today, but for real and including high draw items like laptops, tablets, and game consoles.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    P10 wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    majora's mask is top five video game of all time
    1. majora's mask
    2. majora's mask
    3. majora's mask
    4. majora's mask
    5. majora's mask

link spits hot fire?

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

Querry and I would filibuster if someone suggested NC.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    majora's mask is top five video game of all time
    1. Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel
    2. majora's mask
    3. majora's mask
    4. majora's mask
    5. majora's mask

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    I fully paid off two of my credit cards this month and I feel no better than before because the massive unassailable monstrosity that is my student loan debt remains

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I have zero debt but I still feel crippling anxiety over my finances because I need more power money

Seriously, trying to save for a house deposit and a wedding is going to fucking kill me

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

It means that your vape and prostate massager will only need one power cord.

• Options
    I never played Majora's Mask

Is there even a legal way to do so without using fell magicks to animate the corpse of an N64

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    I feel like saying zelda is bad since it went 3D is kind of silly

that's only four games, only two of which that were even particularly close in mechanics and presentation (LttP and LA)

just say you really really liked A Link to the Past

3D didn't ruin a series there wasn't shit there to ruin

I don't understand the logic here

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    also uh

if you haven't planned your eclipse accommodations yet? You might wanna get looking. There are a lot of people looking to visit areas that normally have no tourism

like any public campgrounds were booked years ago

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    only one man can kill our debt

his name

is bernie sanders

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I feel like saying zelda is bad since it went 3D is kind of silly

that's only four games, only two of which that were even particularly close in mechanics and presentation (LttP and LA)

just say you really really liked A Link to the Past

3D didn't ruin a series there wasn't shit there to ruin

Well A Link to the Past is one of the greatest games of all time

And so is Ocarina of Time

so

3D didn't do shit except keep making Zelda amazing. Then they did some shitty stuff but hey so does everyone

Now we have Breath of the Wild which is maybe one of the best games ever I dunno haven't beaten it yet.

• Options
    tyrannus wrote: »
    no fuck that pay off your god damn debt

But how far do I take this?

Do I never eat out?
    Do I never buy games?
    What's the point of even getting out of bed?

For me?

Stubbornness.

• Options
    Ocarina is definitely one of the most 6/10 games of all time

• Options
    Snake Pass seems cute but how many snake gimmicks can there be

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular

Is there even a legal way to do so without using fell magicks to animate the corpse of an N64
    play it on the gamecube
    play it on the wii
    play it on the wii u
    play it on the 3ds

• Options
    It means that your vape and prostate massager will only need one power cord.

*perks up*

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    I have zero debt but I still feel crippling anxiety over my finances because I need more power money

Seriously, trying to save for a house deposit and a wedding is going to fucking kill me

My wedding is going to be full of food we scavenge from a dumpster.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    I will never pay off my student loan debt, the only reason I haven't driven into the lake is that I've accepted it's just a never ending monthly payment I have to deal with instead of trying to work out how to actually pay it down

override367 on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I have an uncle who lives in Nashville so I'm not super worried about getting accommodations ahead of time.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    The only actually bad Zelda games are Skyward Sword and those Zelda games on the Phillips CD-i.

• Options

It's on 3ds! And digital download for 3ds!

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    redx wrote: »

whole-us.jpg

I am going to be at a week long psytrance festival in oregon for it.

Hype as fuck, yo.

@redx I can't stand psytrance but it sounds like you'll have a blast! Be safe!

• Options

Querry and I would filibuster if someone suggested NC.

Right

Yeah, bad idea

Choose one of the other two

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Who has 2 thumbs, great vitals, and no apparent illnesses??!

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    I will also be in Tennessee for the eclipse. Renting a big house with college friends.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

they never did a gamecube remake?

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    @Evil Multifarious a slight spoiler that you'll find out pretty early on but which I think may be of interest to you:
    Rather than heart pieces, you trade in stuff for either stamina or hearts.

I've leveled up stamina four times and am still at three hearts.

• Options
    The only actually bad Zelda games are Skyward Sword and those Zelda games on the Phillips CD-i.

I hear the last parts of Skyward Sword and the dungeons are cool. Just that 30 hour tutorial at the start is a problem

• Options
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    my best friend got married in a firehouse and everyone chipped in for the dinner afterwards, they spent like $300 of their own money total on it (essentially no parental contribution)

poor people are more sensible than middle class people in some things

override367 on
This discussion has been closed.