Options

Inbred [chat]s.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    You could resell the switch and zeldo after you finish it

I don't recommend this course of action because zelda has been shit since it went 3d

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Something few people are talking about with regards to the Nintendo Switch is something that actually might be most significant in the long term across all of our electronics: the USB type-C power supply supporting USB Power Delivery 2.0.

People have been testing the Switch with various USB-C power adapters and it seems to properly implement PD 2.0. The adapter that comes with the Switch can deliver power in two flavors: 5V==1.5A (7.5 watts) or 15V==2.6A (39 watts). The 7.5W mode is enough the charge the battery while it's sleeping, or greatly extend its runtime without charging while in use. The 39W mode can run the console docked and charge the battery at full rate.

Another company recently committed to USB-C and USB PD also: Apple. They've shipped a couple laptops that charge exclusively over USB-C and shipped a few USB chargers. Apple's adapter can supply 20.2V==4.3A (86 watts), 9V==3A (27 watts), or 5.2V==2.4A (12 watts).

If you connect Apple's laptop power adapters to the Nintendo Switch, the Switch queries the power supply, picks the 9 volt mode, and draws 9.6 watts. That's enough to run the system and charge slowly. Not totally ideal, but the Switch is talking to the Apple hardware, negotiating the best power plan both can work on, and, most importantly, it works.

I know it's funny that I am excited about this but Nintendo and Apple have both taken a common standard and implemented it and their products are interoperating correctly! These are two historically notoriously proprietary companies, embracing a consumer-friendly standard with little fanfare, and a couple of their released products are interoperable. This is huge.

We might really finally get a universal DC power supply specification that works across devices and isn't a bunch of undefined borderline dangerous crap with only bad connector options like USB type A's 100mA / 500mA / 1A / 2A nonsense. It's happening guys.

meanwhile, they did something to trash up the USB-C video standard to it will only output video via their dock

their $90 dock

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Just wrote "it's not really a FAP" on a student's paper.

context probably necessary.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Something few people are talking about with regards to the Nintendo Switch is something that actually might be most significant in the long term across all of our electronics: the USB type-C power supply supporting USB Power Delivery 2.0.

People have been testing the Switch with various USB-C power adapters and it seems to properly implement PD 2.0. The adapter that comes with the Switch can deliver power in two flavors: 5V==1.5A (7.5 watts) or 15V==2.6A (39 watts). The 7.5W mode is enough the charge the battery while it's sleeping, or greatly extend its runtime without charging while in use. The 39W mode can run the console docked and charge the battery at full rate.

Another company recently committed to USB-C and USB PD also: Apple. They've shipped a couple laptops that charge exclusively over USB-C and shipped a few USB chargers. Apple's adapter can supply 20.2V==4.3A (86 watts), 9V==3A (27 watts), or 5.2V==2.4A (12 watts).

If you connect Apple's laptop power adapters to the Nintendo Switch, the Switch queries the power supply, picks the 9 volt mode, and draws 9.6 watts. That's enough to run the system and charge slowly. Not totally ideal, but the Switch is talking to the Apple hardware, negotiating the best power plan both can work on, and, most importantly, it works.

I know it's funny that I am excited about this but Nintendo and Apple have both taken a common standard and implemented it and their products are interoperating correctly! These are two historically notoriously proprietary companies, embracing a consumer-friendly standard with little fanfare, and a couple of their released products are interoperable. This is huge.

We might really finally get a universal DC power supply specification that works across devices and isn't a bunch of undefined borderline dangerous crap with only bad connector options like USB type A's 100mA / 500mA / 1A / 2A nonsense. It's happening guys.

Your excitement about power standards is extremely infectious.

Fuck yeah, consistent chargers for all!

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    a
    Like it sounds like a game I would very much enjoy but I am unwilling to drop four hundo for one game and then kaput

drop considerably less to get a wii u and get it on that along with bayonetta and hyrule warriors

is it considerably less though? $100?

idk I paid $175 for a wii u like 2 years ago

switch is $300 right?

i thought you were a finance predator thats over a 30% decrease in price

that's tyrannus not me

All you sharks look the same to me

excuse me

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Elendil wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »
    Like, Skyrim's getting held up as an example of a fantastic game coming to the Switch soon

Skyrim, the six year old game

It's a good thing that Zelda is crazy awesome because the Switch has a definite library problem that's looking like it's going to be extending well beyond launch
    vanilla skyrim
    Wait, the Switch version of Skyrim isn't the SE? On the real?
    as in, mods

ain't no chance in hell that nintendo "i hurd you like friend codes" is gonna have mod support in skyrim

depending on how much effort nintendo goes into locking it down it may be possible to hack mods into it but I wouldnt bet on it

override367 on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

I don't recommend this course of action because zelda has been shit since it went 3d

Yes Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask were awful and absolutely not some of the best games of that entire console generation.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    you people are always way too eager to not wear pants

I don't wear pants unless I have to.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

I agree with this assessment of Zelda but the game sounds like it's genuinely challenging and very different

• Options
    So who's hyped for the total solar eclipse in August?

I was real excite when I was living in OR but now idk how far feom the path I am : (

whole-us.jpg

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options

Your contrarianism is tired man.

Try doing a scheck burgs-and-memes style for a while, really get your creative juices flowing.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

can we get a DNA test I am pretty sure that a clone of hitler made this post.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    i might buy a switch but i didn't when tehy were in stock and now they're gone for all time

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    a
    Like it sounds like a game I would very much enjoy but I am unwilling to drop four hundo for one game and then kaput

drop considerably less to get a wii u and get it on that along with bayonetta and hyrule warriors

switch is $300 right?

that's tyrannus not me

All you sharks look the same to me

we say the same about you prey

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

Yes Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask were awful and absolutely not some of the best games of that entire console generation.

Glad we agree

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I just had a terrifying thought. What if we lose seats in the mid term. It is not outside of the realm of reality that the senate may end up with 61 GOP just based on states that voted trump.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Stealing this from the Switch thread, bolded game titles are ones that look good to me in my opinion.
    Launch Titles
    1-2-Switch (Nintendo)
    Super Bomberman R (Konami)
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo)
    I am Setsuna (Square Enix)
    Just Dance 2017 (Ubisoft)
    Little Inferno (Tomorrow Corporation)
    World of Goo (Tomorrow Corporation)
    Skylanders: Imaginators (Activision)
    Snipperclips (Nintendo)
    Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (Yacht Club Games)
    Fast RMX (Shin'en)

Launch Window
    Blaster Master Zero (Inti Creates) - March 9th
    Flipping Death (Zoink) - March 9th
    Voez* - March 9th
    The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ (Nicalis) - March 17th
    Snake Pass (Sum Digital) - March 28th
    Tumbleseed (aeiowu ) - March
    Pocket Rumble (Chucklefish) - March
    Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo) - April 28th
    Puyo Puyo Tetris (SEGA) - April 25th
    Dragon Quest Heroes 1 & 2 (Square Enix) - April
    Graceful Explosion Machine (Vertex Pop) - April
    Mr. Shifty (Tiny Build) - April
    ARMS (Nintendo) - Spring 2017

Late Spring or Summer
    Sonic Mania (SEGA) - Spring 2017
    Disgaea 5 (NIS America) - Spring 2017
    Ultra Street Fighter II (Capcom) - Summer 2017
    Steamworld Dig 2 - Summer 2017
    Dandara - Summer 2017
    Dragon Quest X (Square Enix) - Summer 2017
    Stardew Valley (Chucklefish) - Summer 2017
    Splatoon 2 (Nintendo) - July 2017

Fall and Holiday
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition (Bethesda) - Fall 2017
    Fire Emblem Warriors (Nintendo) - Holiday 2017
    Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo) - Holiday 2017
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Nintendo) - TBA 2017
    Runner 3 - TBA 2017
    Kingdom: Two Crowns - TBA 2017
    Gonner - TBA 2017
    Celester - TBA 2017
    Shakedown Hawaii - TBA 2017
    WarGroove (Chucklefish) - TBA 2017

TBA or 2018
    Dragon Quest XI (Square Enix) - TBA
    Untitled Fire Emblem Game (Nintendo) - 2018
    Project: Octopath Traveler (Square Enix) - TBA
    Rayman Legends Definitive Edition (Ubisoft) - TBA
    Shin Megami Tensei (Atlus) - TBA
    Steep (Ubisoft) - TBA
    Untitled Suda51 Game - TBA

And then there's this but I think there's a version with more stuff on it now?
    SWITCH_IndieGraphic.jpg

@Evil Multifarious

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Like, Skyrim's getting held up as an example of a fantastic game coming to the Switch soon

Skyrim, the six year old game

It's a good thing that Zelda is crazy awesome because the Switch has a definite library problem that's looking like it's going to be extending well beyond launch
    vanilla skyrim
    Wait, the Switch version of Skyrim isn't the SE? On the real?
    as in, mods

ain't no chance in hell that nintendo "i hurd you like friend codes" is gonna have mod support in skyrim

depending on how much effort nintendo goes into locking it down it may be possible to hack mods into it but I wouldnt bet on it
    The point of the SE was to not have to go through that kind of shit. I was never going to buy Skyrim on the Switch because I already have it via Steam (SE even), but it demonstrates Nintendo's outlook / policy on this sort of thing. I'm gonna be waiting a while for a reason to buy a Switch.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Just wrote "it's not really a FAP" on a student's paper.

context probably necessary.

The Stranger

Not really a fap, right?

• Options

do we have hitler's DNA on file?

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »

I was real excite when I was living in OR but now idk how far feom the path I am : (

http://www.eclipse2017.org/2017/maps/whole-us.jpg

Haha that's amazing skippy you are the sun god

• Options
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Stealing this from the Switch thread, bolded game titles are ones that look good to me in my opinion.
    Launch Titles
    1-2-Switch (Nintendo)
    Super Bomberman R (Konami)
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo)
    I am Setsuna (Square Enix)
    Just Dance 2017 (Ubisoft)
    Little Inferno (Tomorrow Corporation)
    World of Goo (Tomorrow Corporation)
    Skylanders: Imaginators (Activision)
    Snipperclips (Nintendo)
    Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (Yacht Club Games)
    Fast RMX (Shin'en)

Launch Window
    Blaster Master Zero (Inti Creates) - March 9th
    Flipping Death (Zoink) - March 9th
    Voez* - March 9th
    The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ (Nicalis) - March 17th
    Snake Pass (Sum Digital) - March 28th
    Tumbleseed (aeiowu ) - March
    Pocket Rumble (Chucklefish) - March
    Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo) - April 28th
    Puyo Puyo Tetris (SEGA) - April 25th
    Dragon Quest Heroes 1 & 2 (Square Enix) - April
    Graceful Explosion Machine (Vertex Pop) - April
    Mr. Shifty (Tiny Build) - April
    ARMS (Nintendo) - Spring 2017

Late Spring or Summer
    Sonic Mania (SEGA) - Spring 2017
    Disgaea 5 (NIS America) - Spring 2017
    Ultra Street Fighter II (Capcom) - Summer 2017
    Steamworld Dig 2 - Summer 2017
    Dandara - Summer 2017
    Dragon Quest X (Square Enix) - Summer 2017
    Stardew Valley (Chucklefish) - Summer 2017
    Splatoon 2 (Nintendo) - July 2017

Fall and Holiday
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition (Bethesda) - Fall 2017
    Fire Emblem Warriors (Nintendo) - Holiday 2017
    Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo) - Holiday 2017
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Nintendo) - TBA 2017
    Runner 3 - TBA 2017
    Kingdom: Two Crowns - TBA 2017
    Gonner - TBA 2017
    Celester - TBA 2017
    Shakedown Hawaii - TBA 2017
    WarGroove (Chucklefish) - TBA 2017

TBA or 2018
    Dragon Quest XI (Square Enix) - TBA
    Untitled Fire Emblem Game (Nintendo) - 2018
    Project: Octopath Traveler (Square Enix) - TBA
    Rayman Legends Definitive Edition (Ubisoft) - TBA
    Shin Megami Tensei (Atlus) - TBA
    Steep (Ubisoft) - TBA
    Untitled Suda51 Game - TBA

And then there's this but I think there's a version with more stuff on it now?
    SWITCH_IndieGraphic.jpg

"Evil Multifarious"

Not bolding Fire Emblem or Xenoblade? Whaaaaaa

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    a

switch is $300 right?

it's over 15 little caesars hot and ready pizzas after tax
    Or 1/2 health insurance under the new ACA

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    @TL DR but why a gourd

What makes it a superior vessel

Hm, I'll think on this and give a proper reply after my hike.

The perfect exchange of chatter posts...

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    majora's mask is top five video game of all time

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular

whole-us.jpg

I am going to be at a week long psytrance festival in oregon for it.

Hype as fuck, yo.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    instead of a switch I might see if I can pick up a used oculus cv1 for a song now that their price has dropped

although the vive is where it's at

my mom says I should buy nothing for myself since I still have debt but I feel like I might not even live to pay off all my debts so I should keep at least 25% of my tax return+bonus for shit I want

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

whole-us.jpg

I think Querry's family and I are going to go see this, but I am trying to figure out regions where we won't get stabbed on account of the lesbians.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular

can't we just have hitler do a cheek swab

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

If you connect Apple's laptop power adapters to the Nintendo Switch, the Switch queries the power supply, picks the 9 volt mode, and draws 9.6 watts. That's enough to run the system and charge slowly. Not totally ideal, but the Switch is talking to the Apple hardware, negotiating the best power plan both devices support, and, most importantly, it works. The Switch isn't even using a mode that Nintendo officially uses anywhere else.

But what does it all mean

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    no fuck that pay off your god damn debt

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited March 2017

whole-us.jpg

I think Querry's family and I are going to go see this, but I am trying to figure out regions where we won't get stabbed on account of the lesbians.

There are roving packs of feral lesbians that just stab other lesbians?

The gay agenda has really gotten out of hand

override367 on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    majora's mask is top five video game of all time
    1. majora's mask
    2. majora's mask
    3. majora's mask
    4. majora's mask
    5. majora's mask

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options

I mean

I do

• Options
    I feel like saying zelda is bad since it went 3D is kind of silly

that's only four games, only two of which that were even particularly close in mechanics and presentation (LttP and LA)

just say you really really liked A Link to the Past

3D didn't ruin a series there wasn't shit there to ruin

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    tyrannus wrote: »
    no fuck that pay off your god damn debt

Definitely don't get an oculus because they're trash

But what do you do when you're many many many many months of devout living from being debt free

Abolish etc

• Options
    5:59 PM, new e-mail pops up

"Hello we have 5 scanners from your company and need.."

OH LOOK AT THE TIME *clocks out*

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Also I need to see more chatter friend codes for switch so get on that. I don't have mine with me at the moment but @ me with your codes! Your stupid stupid friend codes.

HEY

WHERE ARE YOUR CODES YA SLACKERS

I'm SW 2669 4208 9101 ADD MEEE

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

whole-us.jpg

Oregon?

Probably Nashville itself.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

whole-us.jpg

There are roving packs of feral lesbians that just stab other lesbians?

The gay agenda has really gotten out of hand

I mean I'm a lesbian that just stabs other lesbians so it seems plausible

This discussion has been closed.