As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Battlefield] - 2042 - Launches Nov 19th

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    I finally got to play this last night. The Mud and Blood story was kind of frustrating so I jumped into Conquest and managed to go 21-8 and pull out a clutch win.

The game looks amazing and plays super smoothly. Still not sure how the unlocks and all work but I've got another month to figure it out. $5 for a month of EA Access is such a great way to try out games.

So old vanilla guns (and kit) you buy with money you get from leveling and such- you can unlock them in any order. At level 10 you get 1 last vanilla gun unlock (still gotta buy). Newer dlc guns have redonk hard assignments to unlock them.

im mojojoeo on origin also- hit me up if you are going in and im on. love some battle mans.

You're on PC, right? I'm on Xbox, one of those console players that are destroying the franchise. :P

Though I did play Battlefield 3 exclusively on PC.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    I a losing a lot in BF1.

A lot.

• Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    I a losing a lot in BF1.

A lot.

Did you just pick it up? The guns are very different from other shooters.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Add me on Live, Auburn. Name is Dug Danger.

Will have time to play off and on this weekend. Can't find my headset but we could still squad up.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Mulletude wrote: »

Will have time to play off and on this weekend. Can't find my headset but we could still squad up.

Nice, I'll add you tonight.

I did just pick up BF1, but I've played previous games in the series. Just not feeling like I'm having that much of an impact. Gotta do better I guess.

• Options

Nice, I'll add you tonight.

I did just pick up BF1, but I've played previous games in the series. Just not feeling like I'm having that much of an impact. Gotta do better I guess.

It’s definately a thing in this one game. Once it clicks you’ll do fine.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah just lost a game 1000-115. I've never played a game with worse matchmaking. Twice tonight I've loaded into Rush games where my team has a single telegraph left. 2 min of loading to be put into a losing match followed by 60 seconds of waiting to go back to the main menu is terribly unfun and the opposite of what I want in a game.

Serious buyer's remorse. I don't think this game's for me.

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Yeah just lost a game 1000-115. I've never played a game with worse matchmaking. Twice tonight I've loaded into Rush games where my team has a single telegraph left. 2 min of loading to be put into a losing match followed by 60 seconds of waiting to go back to the main menu is terribly unfun and the opposite of what I want in a game.

Serious buyer's remorse. I don't think this game's for me.

I tend to ignore the matchmaking and use the server browser. It's very good, with a bunch of filters.

Then again, I pretty much only play Conquest these days, so can't speak to Rush.

• Options
    Front lines is about the only mode I enjoy. It's very focused.

• Options
    Don't think i've had a match that lopsided. Oof.

I recommend trying out Operations. But I only play that and Conquest.

Rush is a game mode designed to frustrate, imo

• Options
    Is there any way in the server browser to see a score before I join?

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Is there any way in the server browser to see a score before I join?

Nope
    Don't think i've had a match that lopsided. Oof.

I recommend trying out Operations. But I only play that and Conquest.

Rush is a game mode designed to frustrate, imo

I have...multiple times. It seems 80% of the matches I've played, it's ended in a stomp one way or the other.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    I've lost by 300-400 many times. Not by nearly 900 though. How does that even happen. A clan server team stacked against a bunch of useless snipers?

• Options
    Battlefield tracker tells me I rank in the top 14% for score per minute, but top . . . um . . . 100% for win percentage. Ouch.

Does anyone have a general list of preferred weapons? I found some YouTube videos but they're several balance patches old.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I've lost by 300-400 many times. Not by nearly 900 though. How does that even happen. A clan server team stacked against a bunch of useless snipers?

It's happened several times to me on Tsaritsyn. One side completely steamrolls B-flag and pushes hard on the other team's gimme. This results in the losing team being bottled up in spawn and not being able to move out because of choke-points for until the ticket counter hits 1000.

EDIT - and, pre-In the Name of the Tsar, it wasn't uncommon for me to see 500-700 ticket differences at the end of matches.

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    I've had BF1on PS4 and PC since launch and I have had matches like that; entirely lopsided. I just happens sometimes. It's happened to me in CS:GO, Overwatch, and CoD.

It feels like Frontlines is in a good place as a gamemode. it feels well balanced. I don't have too many games where its a runaway for one team. I just got out of a game where we pushed them all the way to their A and B posts. We blew up A, and then got pushed back 3 capture points. After that it was a hard fight back to B site.

On a totally unrelated note. After playing almost all the classes to rank 10 (I'm not a good sniper) I think the medic is the one I'll take to 50 first. I like the selection of rifles and the feeling of supporting my team/squad directly.

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    Battlefield tracker tells me I rank in the top 14% for score per minute, but top . . . um . . . 100% for win percentage. Ouch.

Does anyone have a general list of preferred weapons? I found some YouTube videos but they're several balance patches old.

What classes do you like to play?

For support the Bar 1918 is is great for run and gun.

Just finally unlocked the Helreigal(sp?) for assault and it has a huge magazine and is reasonably accurate.

I remember people really liking the Mondragon Storm. I like a lot of the medic guns though and just take one with a circle sight.

I don't play Recon much but I always use the 'infantry' variants to ditch the scope.

• Options
    Support and Recon are my favorites so far. And I take the scopes off of the recon rifles, too.

• Options
    The BAR is great for support. I've had fun with the other lmg's in a more traditional role but the BAR is like an AR. Only downside is the 20 round mag

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Battlefield 1 is good in that there aren't a lot of bad guns. Most guns have a niche they excel at and will do fine if you stick to it. For support you really can't go wrong but the MG 15 is the best base gun. Use the Suppressive variant if you want to go prone with the bipod or Storm to run and gun.

• Options
    I've managed to increase my win rate from 27% from 48% so things are getting a bit better. Had some great games as Scout and Assault tonight. Some of those night maps are gorgeous.

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular

The best match I've ever played we lost under 10 tickets total.

Combination of a single squad of good players just rushing spawn off the bat (and fastcapping main points) and knocking every single vehicle down as it hit their first flag and then the fact that the other team was full of a bunch of hill humping paint eaters who decided that instead of actually attempting to focus on armor they'd just sit in spawn and take potshots. Once the spawn lock was set up those people got killed off and it because a spawn meatgrinder for the rest of the match with vehicles farming the main spawn points.

If you kill everyone before they can kill your pubbies then the pubbies never die.

• Options
    When we had the bf3 server on 360 it was all PA guys on one team and we would roll matches like that(until that got boring and we'd split up). Think i've just been lucky lately. Last 3 matches yesterday were all close.

• Options
    One of my squad-mates just sold me out to the enemy team because I had the nerve to work on some of my weapon challenges for my sniper class (periscope spotting). He kept telling the other guys my location and would follow me around calling me a "worthless sniper".

We were going to lose regardless of my class, so whatever.

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    sometimes im thankful for being on console, people generally dont have the ability to do nonsense like that. Though you you do get people who just stand in front of you or hit you

I think my biggest pet peeve is people teabagging after just getting a rudimentary kill on you. Like woah you sure showed me, you shot me from behind while I was shooting someone else, thatll learn me?

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    we played some bf4 with a semi full pa squad sunday.... god dang thats a good game.

Just feels good.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    I had a guy get pissy for me once for shooting at planes with an LMG. I ignored him but I didn’t want to be doing it either. Some of those challenges are just rediculous. You do what you wanna do regardless of how an internet expert thinks you should be playing.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Is there some trick to using the trench periscope? It never seems to spot people no matter how long I keep the crosshairs on them.

• Options
    You still have to hit the spot button with the periscope.

• Options
    You still have to hit the spot button with the periscope.

I've tried that too but way more often than not, it still doesn't do anything.

• Options
    For the periscope, I just mash my spot button (Q) as I see people. I got all 20 spots done on Monte Grappa in no time.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure I'm done worrying about assignments after I finish up these russian weapons. This tripwire/mortar stuff suuuuucks.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    They really toned down the spotting in BF1. Could be your cool down just hasn't reset yet.
    One of my squad-mates just sold me out to the enemy team because I had the nerve to work on some of my weapon challenges for my sniper class (periscope spotting). He kept telling the other guys my location and would follow me around calling me a "worthless sniper".

Providing info is one of the scouts most important roles!

• Options
    They really toned down the spotting in BF1. Could be your cool down just hasn't reset yet.

Providing info is one of the scouts most important roles!

Personally I find the red outline that you get when someone has the periscope up is really handy.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    iRevert wrote: »

The best match I've ever played we lost under 10 tickets total.

Combination of a single squad of good players just rushing spawn off the bat (and fastcapping main points) and knocking every single vehicle down as it hit their first flag and then the fact that the other team was full of a bunch of hill humping paint eaters who decided that instead of actually attempting to focus on armor they'd just sit in spawn and take potshots. Once the spawn lock was set up those people got killed off and it because a spawn meatgrinder for the rest of the match with vehicles farming the main spawn points.

If you kill everyone before they can kill your pubbies then the pubbies never die.

Best match I played was last week and we won 1000 - 999 (I didn't even think it was possible to be this close)

I did win-lose some lopsided games before but they are more the exception than the norm. Most games will finish with the losing team having something between 900 and 700 tickets.

I play matchmaking most of the time (unless it tries to send me to west cost server where my ping is bad, than I have to use the server browser) and I have fun in most games. I do not belong to any clans so it's mostly pug games. I like the large scale feeling of the game and the older weapons and how different it feels to call of duty. The maps are large and sometimes I die without knowing what happens. I get how some people can be frustrated by this but to me, it adds to the experience of what a large scale war is actually. Lots of soldiers probably died without even knowing what hit them and it will happen to you as well. If you are willing to accept this, there is a lot of fun to be had in this game.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    So there's now a bug where it won't show me my unopened battlepacks and it's kind of frustrating. I should have 3 now but they just won't show up.

• Options
    So there's now a bug where it won't show me my unopened battlepacks and it's kind of frustrating. I should have 3 now but they just won't show up.

I had that earlier but the next day it was working as normal again.

• Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    I tried playing this again, but man these weapon unlock challenges are grindingly slow and frustrating.

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I tried playing this again, but man these weapon unlock challenges are grindingly slow and frustrating.

come play 4. we have had 5 or 6 fellows lately. and 4 is rock solid.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Are any of the DLC unlockable weapons better than the base ones?